Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/25 - 03/31: Angle vs. Joe! Angle vs. Styles! TNA! TNA! TNA!

The Thread Killer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

If you're watching clips then you're following the product, for sure. It's not entirely the same experience, of course. 

No argument there - just saying I feel entirely justified in commenting on the ups & downs, pros & cons, etc. of the product.

There's a lot more appealing stuff on this year's card than what I remember from last year's. Doubtful I get around to watching much of it in full, but I really hope Big Dave shows up and puts in a great heel performance. That's maybe less about shutting up his critics & more about me wanting him to feel fulfilled and satisfied with the comeback.

And yeah. I'd be all over a Batista/Roman program if they could convince him to do it. I know Dave said he only wanted to return for another Hunter match, but never say never.

7 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Right on, I totally misread your initial statement and connected invisible dots that don't exist. Apologies to you on that front. 

All's good, man. We're all here for the same reasons at the end of the day. Different opinions & lively discussions are part of the fun in being a fan of ANYTHING anyway.

3 hours ago, PeteF3 said:

The criticisms of the end of Lost, though, have led me to not bother binge-watching the series after the fact since it all seems like a waste of time.

That's your loss then. Most people who criticize the ending of Lost either didn't understand it or didn't understand what the focus of the show actually was. I thought it was a great ending. That puts me in the minority, I suppose, but I'm okay with that. Unless it got spoiled for you, I highly encourage you to give the show a chance. Is it perfect? No. There are uneven storylines and uneven seasons. But overall, it's pretty damn epic.

Almost forgot this was a wrestling board, so... Asuka, WWE, Charlotte, blah blah blah. 

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

That's your loss then. Most people who criticize the ending of Lost either didn't understand it or didn't understand what the focus of the show actually was. I thought it was a great ending. That puts me in the minority, I suppose, but I'm okay with that. Unless it got spoiled for you, I highly encourage you to give the show a chance. Is it perfect? No. There are uneven storylines and uneven seasons. But overall, it's pretty damn epic.

100% agreed. At the time, I thought the end of The Sopranos was sheer brilliance, a total work of art. Which it is. It's also a huge cop-out that resolves nothing and leaves the viewer feeling empty. Through time, I've come to prefer what they did with the Lost ending (or Breaking Bad or Mad Men) where everything is wrapped up and you can leave the show without any lingering questions. 

Almost forgot this was a wrestling board, so... Asuka, WWE, Charlotte, blah blah blah. 

I fucking love the Sopranos and will defend damn near everything about it 'til my dying breath. It's a wonderful, glorious masterpiece and warrants zero justification.

Is the closing scene a cop-out? I mean, kinda. Could be. But it's also an instant classic in terms of TV moments. It's memorable. It's lasting. And it leads (most) viewers back to the show, because it's an open-ended circumstance. The interpretation is up to the viewer. It's a bold, fascinating decision for a writer to risk going that route. It requires more from the viewer. More reflection. More attention. More awareness. More discussion.

About. The. Show.

Chase did an interview (my God, he's answered the question so many times in so many different ways) wherein he once responded with something like, "The viewer can decide what happened with Tony. Maybe he was killed there that night. Maybe he lived to be a fat old man and died of natural causes. Whatever the viewer decides to choose is up to the individual and is probably more telling about them and what they wanted out of the show all along."

That is brilliant.

Would it work every time? Nope. Does it even work here? For some, maybe not. For me? Absolutely.

... ... ...

WRESTLING!

So yeah. Asuka, WWE, Charlotte, blah blah blah.

12 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

I fucking love the Sopranos and will defend damn near everything about it 'til my dying breath. It's a wonderful, glorious masterpiece and warrants zero justification.

Is the closing scene a cop-out? I mean, kinda. Could be. But it's also an instant classic in terms of TV moments. It's memorable. It's lasting. And it leads (most) viewers back to the show, because it's an open-ended circumstance. The interpretation is up to the viewer. It's a bold, fascinating decision for a writer to risk going that route. It requires more from the viewer. More reflection. More attention. More awareness. More discussion.

About. The. Show.

Chase did an interview (my God, he's answered the question so many times in so many different ways) wherein he once responded with something like, "The viewer can decide what happened with Tony. Maybe he was killed there that night. Maybe he lived to be a fat old man and died of natural causes. Whatever the viewer decides to choose is up to the individual and is probably more telling about them and what they wanted out of the show all along."

That is brilliant.

Would it work every time? Nope. Does it even work here? For some, maybe not. For me? Absolutely.

... ... ...

WRESTLING!

So yeah. Asuka, WWE, Charlotte, blah blah blah.

It's the Goldberg-Nash of TV finales. Got a good pop at the time in insolation but doesn't leave you satisfied upon rewatching the entire series. A great moment in time, but considering they're doing a prequel I think the finish will be seen as even more of a cop-out gimmick in the years to come. It was sort of perfect for the moment but I think eventually even Chase would admit he'd have done it differently in terms of telling the story of this family. 

I was a fan of Sopranos and the finish at the time but it's charm has worn off on me for whatever reason. Same with Breaking Bad. I think I'm just tired of shows that celebrate assholes. 

So WWE announced Black and Ricochet will get a tag title match against the Revival on Monday. This is interesting considering they are also getting an NXT tag title match on Takeover for winning the Dusty Classic. Having them win both belts would be weird, but the way both shows are booked having them lose wouldn't make sense either. 

Nothing says WWE booking more than having them paint themselves in a corner unnecessarily. 

15 hours ago, sek69 said:

So WWE announced Black and Ricochet will get a tag title match against the Revival on Monday. This is interesting considering they are also getting an NXT tag title match on Takeover for winning the Dusty Classic. Having them win both belts would be weird, but the way both shows are booked having them lose wouldn't make sense either. 

Nothing says WWE booking more than having them paint themselves in a corner unnecessarily. 

Easy solution: Have the NXT Tag Team Champions cost them the WWE Tag Team Title match on Monday, or the Revival cost them the NXT Tag Title match at TakeOver