Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South/UWF scripts being sold on eBay

CodySave

From Meltzer:

--Joel Watts is selling on ebay a 200 page booklet he kept with the actual scripts of every Mid South and UWF wrestling sow from December 19, 1981 through June 8, 1986. Each page is a handwritten script written by either Bill Watts in most cases, or a few by Jim Ross.

I'm hoping someone like Bix buys this, because I'm sure there's some wonderful info here to educate fans of this era. There's still seven days left on the auction (the default eBay number for auction length), but there's already three bids.

I found the auction in question: http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTREMELY-RARE-Mid-Sou...1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I had the money, I would have definitely bought it at $200 or $300 and sold PDF copies of it. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there willing to pay $20 for electronic files of this.

I didn't even realize this had a $300 Buy It Now. Did Watts really believe he couldn't get much more than that for it?

I'm curious to know if there's any relatively well-known names (at least to internet fans) who have put down bids for this. Though, I'd think that someone like Jim Cornette would be able to get a copy of this without having to win an eBay auction.

13 1/2 hours to go before bidding ends and the price has been stsuck at $429.80 for a couple of days. Which eBayer will break the glass ceiling and come away with wrestling eBay auction's top prize?

I would love for some indy promoter to buy this and base his/her shows exactly off of this.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...