Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 9 - 27 Nov 2019

MoS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Is the diamond ring thing going to be a one off gimmick or take the place of a secondary title do we think?

I hope MJF puts the ring on before punching people to knock them out. Like Regal used to do with the Brass Knuckles. Could be a cool little heel thing. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

If he does get that treatment it would be over the "Oriental" line. 

It's honestly as racist as the fried chicken bullshit, but anti-Asian (and even anti-Indian) racism does not get nearly as traction, and he does not have a huge bulls-eye on his ass like Cornette. But he should be getting criticised for this. 

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

If he does get that treatment it would be over the "Oriental" line. 

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

It's honestly as racist as the fried chicken bullshit, but anti-Asian (and even anti-Indian) racism does not get nearly as traction, and he does not have a huge bulls-eye on his ass like Cornette. But he should be getting criticised for this. 

Was the "oriental" line during the Women's tag match?  I changed the channel during that one...it was pretty much the only part of the show I skipped. What did he say?

EDIT: Never mind, I see what he said from earlier in this thread.  Poor choice of words, but he probably won't get a ton of heat over that, I wouldn't guess.  Mind you the way things are nowadays, who knows.  Everybody is one gaffe away from exile.

Tonight's show really showed how much they need Tony and what a valuable role he plays on that broadcast team.  As bad a "Grumpy Old Man" JR can be at times, that's not the only problem. Excalibur talks too damn much.  He's not up there in Mauro territory, and at least he isn't shouting all the damn time...but he still doesn't seem to understand how to let the action speak for itself during key moments.  It's like he thinks he's calling the match for radio, or something.  Having Tony in there really gives that group more personality and makes them much easier to listen to...I think it helps break up the discussion a bit.  Besides, Tony's enthusiasm really adds something to the overall dynamic.

20 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Tonight's show really showed how much they need Tony and what a valuable role he plays on that broadcast team.  As bad a "Grumpy Old Man" JR can be at times, that's not the only problem. Excalibur talks too damn much.  He's not up there in Mauro territory, and at least he isn't shouting all the damn time...but he still doesn't seem to understand how to let the action speak for itself during key moments.  It's like he thinks he's calling the match for radio, or something.  Having Tony in there really gives that group more personality and makes them much easier to listen to...I think it helps break up the discussion a bit.  Besides, Tony's enthusiasm really adds something to the overall dynamic.

It feels like Excalibur feels he needs to do more when it's just him and JR, which isn't entirely wrong, but it comes off as "if I keep talking, Jim won't be able to say something that makes him look bad/old/out of touch". With Tony around, you have a guy who's been doing broadcasting during the time he was away from wrestling so he was already good to go. He just needed to get familiarity with the product.