Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/16 - 12/22 the road to Royal Rumble begins!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that Corbin is bad. He's pretty good, and is willing to be a true heel when that's not the case for most these days. The problem is he's pushed well beyond his limits. His booking during King of the Ring was great. He was exactly where he needed to be: an upper-midcard guy who uses his size to bully smaller opponents. He can main event a B-PPV with a top guy occasionally. But he's not a permanent main eventer and they've got to stop giving him a third of a show's time like he is.

As far as the longest, hardest pushed, confirmed audience killer ever? Rollins has got to be in the running. At least Corbin hasn't been a multi-time World champion who squandered all the good will he had in less than a year.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

But Baron Corbin gets heat people. He's a good worker, really. People wants to see him get his c… Nevermind. Is this guy the longest, hardest pushed, confirmed audience killer ever ?

It's still Rollins. Corbin might get a lot of screentime and wins that make you scratch your head, but Rollins had two wins over Lesnar, had a win over the hottest act WWE had in Bray Wyatt (who's now back to being cold-ass Bray), and they managed to push his relationship with Becky, who is the biggest star in the company, down people's throats despite zero on-screen chemistry.

Plus the ratings were pretty bad on RAW with Seth on top. Worse than when Constable King Baron Corbin was blamed for them.

They sound even lamer when you write them. Crazy that when this whole Wednesday deal started, I was interested in checking out NXT and Mauro drove me the fuck away in like two weeks. And that's with people I really like on the roster (as opposed to say, NWA which I watched for a whole 9 weeks). BTW, has Scarlett Bordeaux done anything yet ?