Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 8, 2020

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Statlander.  I hope her stupid gimmick ends soon. This match was going along great until the Nightmare Collective interfered.  I hate this group. I hate Brandi as evil wife to the most popular babyface in the company. I hate the name. I hate the angle. I hate Luther. I hate that any possible good woman's wrestling match will end up ruined by this stable. 

If Dr Luther is a Japanese Deathmatch Legend then Horace Boulder and Crash the Terminator are FMW Deathmatch Hall of Famer.  Come on talk about some nepotism or shit like that with Jericho.     :lol:

The Dark Order was an awful gimmick but really good team behind it so the matches should be fine.  Brandi Rhodes group is a awful gimmick where the only talent is an aging/hurt Awesome Kong.  

Okay it is obvious that Arn is turning on Cody.   It kind of bothers me that Dustin isn't doing anything to tell him about this

Count me in as one of the haters of the Nightmare Collective angle. The Dark Order angle was no fun either - and I cannot believe it happened right after the Nightmare Collective angle - but at least it happened after the match and did not go on for fucking forever. If this bombs in the ratings, then it's a message as clear as any can be that it needs to go away, since Riho is a proven ratings draw. If NXT aired live here, I would have definitely switched over.

Wow, I definitely didnt feel like I was watching an all time horrible segment at the time but apparently I was. I was drinking a large beer when it was on but I hardly had Johnny goggles. Oh well, I guess I'm the only one who didnt think it was Russo TNA level bad.

Seriously though, outside of Jericho and Moxley, most of AEW for the last couple months has been totally skippable. The Jan 1 show was a lot of fun but this week's show was back to the uninteresting, lukewarm vibe they ended 2019 with, even if I didnt hate the Nightmare stuff like everyone else. AEW definitely isn't must watch TV. The crowds are getting smaller each week too. I think the "everyone plays their own music" idea was a noble one, but this promotion really needs a booker with veto power and a clear vision before things truly fly off the rails  

I thought the bookends of this show were really fun but the middle really did drag. Jericho ragging on Elvis was fun but he should have really picked a worse band than The Beatles to counter with. It feels like Jericho would have said Ratt were better and bigger than Elvis but it doesn't matter. The women's match has been covered but where the hell did Dr. Luther come from?! I'm not doubting their talent spotting but it seems like the last two pick-ups have been Billy Gunn's kid and Luther when Mercedes Martinez is getting hoovered up by WWE.

I think that some (most) of those talent signings come with the connections. Dr. Luther is a close friend of Chris Jericho from his early days in Japan. We know the story about Kenny and Riho. The Dark Order are back in the US thanks to the Young Bucks. And the list could go on and on. They struck gold with guys like Orange Cassidy and Luchasaurus among others but there has been some serious misses as well. This is something that must be addressed at all costs in 2020.