Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 36

flyonthewall2983

21 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Re: Sami/Bryan

One way to make these matches work is by hitting really hard (and they did here too), but the most important way, I think is to have the wrestlers really, really, really care about what's happening. If they're that invested, then it won't matter if there's a crowd or not. Sure the crowd would help and they'd give a bunch more heat for Sami playing chickenshit, but at the end of the day, it was Bryan that was reacting. And he was reacting so well that he didn't need them. Sami was drawing heat FROM Bryan and it drove the match. If there needed to be a more elaborate finishing stretch like @Jmare007 said, it should have been more smoke and mirrors with Bryan taking out the guys on the outside and maybe Sami getting a cheapshot in on Gulak, etc. I liked that it was just a one hit KO on Bryan. It felt more cheap that way. They never would have booked this Mania if everything had gone right if they had, it probably would have been one of the best in years.

Great fucking point.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something tells me this match wouldn't have been as good if we didn't hear Rollins and Owens talking shit to each other. Not sure I need to deal with Rollins selling that bump with that weird grunting noise though.   The stuff before the no DQ match was decent but nothing special.  The NO DQ match part I really liked 

Yeah nobody will compare that to brock vs Goldberg from a couple years ago.  But it was fine.  Hopefully Reigns wins the title immediately

The plan is for it to be at the new LA football stadium but I wonder if it is still in construction.  If so then depending on how long the virus is that will be interesting