WrestleMania 36

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know the deal on this end. Bits and pieces around parenting and other things.

I caught all of Cesaro vs Gulak which was one of my top matches for this whole thing coming in.

Interesting narrative with Cesaro going for the Neutralizer early and paying for it as Gulak started on the arm. Consistently great selling from Cesaro even when he didn't need to sell necessarily. It made things like Gulak hitting the clothesline off the apron more believable: Cesaro wasn't just standing around waiting for it. He was struggling to get feeling back in his arm. The heel/face dynamic was a little inverted. Cesaro was the one getting hope spots, like when he almost caught Gulak on the outside before getting armdragged or with the european uppercut that he couldn't follow up on because he used his bad arm. I'm assuming they were playing this up with Gulak as the underdog which made both Cesaro going for the neutralizer too early and the overall narrative (with Gulak being so focused because if Cesaro took over, even once he'd be in real trouble) make sense. Finish worked well as he had to come up with a no hands solution, and he had a familiar (if ancient) one in his deck. I could have used a couple of extra minutes, maybe Cesaro actually getting control for a bit longer either early or late but for the time they had, this was very good.

Just now, Jmare007 said:

To be perfectly honest honest I thought the cold open was going to be ridiculous and it was actually very sober, specially with Steph being involved.

Vince banning any word related to the virus is Vince 101 though :lol:

Illness is WEAK GODDAMNIT