flyonthewall2983

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Assuming Braun beats Goldberg, when all this is over, does Roman get to beat Braun or do they shaft him yet again, this time for the horrible crime of having a compromised immune system because of cancer.

I think Vince or Hunter is smart enough to know punishing a two-time cancer survivor who will get national attention for correctly thinking of his health would be a terrible PR move.

If anything, they can use it as a means to further their charity work. I know--Stephanie, philanthropy as a marketing tool--but that's the case with every major company. 

There isn't going to be much going on post WM anyway with the pandemic still running rampant. It may be easier to keep the belt on Goldberg and wait for SummerSlam to run Goldberg-Reigns.

40 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

So from the looks of it, The Miz got to work showing flu-like symptoms, which led to The Usos and Roman pulling out.

According to PWInsider, Miz didn't work the show. Maybe they are talking about Mania and Miz worked sick the SD tapings?

I guess Miz is the guy rovert was talking about?

Mike Johnson: “I can confirm after speaking to dozens of people in the company. I’m talking wrestlers, behind the scenes people, whatever, there is only one person who felt that they should have went forward with WrestleMania and that’s why they’re going forward with WrestleMania and that’s Vince."

The cold open for the show is gonna be something else.

This will end up being the most irresponsible thing he's ever done, yet having goddamn Wrestlemania in the middle of a pandemic might be the most Vince thing that possibly could ever happen. 

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I would think Roman has a good case for being put in an unsafe working environment due to all this. Miz will probably get all the heat (and he is a dumb shit for showing up to work with flu like symptoms in all this mess), but it all could have been avoided if the psycho in charge didn't insist on making this happen. 

As a Clevelander, I'm a homer for The Miz so I'm eager to hear the full story behind him possibly showing up to the PC with flu-like symptoms. I read somewhere that they were taking people's temperatures as they came in like many businesses are doing. Its possible that he showed up and felt relatively okay, maybe even thinking, "Oh, I'm just the usual level of tired of every other person who has had their daily work/exercise/sleep routine completely wrecked," only to learn that, actually, he was running a mild fever. 

For some that's hard to believe, but my wife once went into the hospital with pain in her kidneys and ended up being hospitalized for 3-4 days from an untreated UTI. She has a high pain tolerance and didn't think it was anything major, just a bug, going days just self-medicating with Ibuprofen until she vomited in her car on the way home one day. The doctors couldn't believe she was able to drive herself to the hospital. Granted, that event didn't occur during a global pandemic when everyone and their mother is talking about Covid-19, but the point is, some people treat flu-like symptoms as nothing serious (even in this climate). As part of my job, to prove a (very stupid) point, I once gave swimming lessons with the flu and got myself even sicker in the process. 

5 hours ago, Slasher said:

The Gobert stuff needs to stop. It's not a good comparison or even similar. Gobert completely treated the whole thing like a joke with the mics stuff, and screwed up. The Miz knows better than to come in, but I doubt his intentions were as bad as Gobert's was.

Sorry bubba, my bad

3 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

afuckingmen

Like, the day this title went public it was met with chants calling it ugly, and the first champion was forced to vacate it less than 24h after winning it.

It's stuff that if I didn't witness it, I wouldn't believe it

Watching raw and it's got me wondering. If this weekend's show ends up being a success in any way, do they adopt the 2-night mania model for next year? I could see it like having the first night be the not important matches and maybe one "main event" type deal for the network. Then they can put night 2 with be big matches on ESPN+ or something like that. That way they can get money from ESPN and still have something for the network. Plus they can kill off most Saturday night indie shows that weekend which I would figure they want to do.

I'm at least curious to see the Boneyard match and the Funhouse match because WWE usually does a good job with those pre-taped, not in front of the crowd gimmick matches historically

Edge-Orton and Owens-Rollins will also likely be heavily gimmicked and they'll end up backstage/outside whatever it may be

Outside of that, having seen the attempts at empty arena matches so far, I just feel bad for the guys being asked to try and pull this off.  That and the fact that this show really shouldn't be taking place at all there isn't a chance of me watching either night live.  I'm not starving for "live" wrestling and would rather just spend my time reading or watching a movie.  I'll probably check out those matches mentioned above after the fact, skim through the rest of it.....but man. 

And if a pretty diehard wrestling fan like me who's been watching off and on since the mid-80's doesn't want to watch this show....who exactly does?

On 3/31/2020 at 4:44 AM, cm funk said:

I'm at least curious to see the Boneyard match and the Funhouse match because WWE usually does a good job with those pre-taped, not in front of the crowd gimmick matches historically

Do you remember that match Bray had against Orton? Shit stank hard...

They do have a positive track record overall, but sheesh some of those more recent ones are bad.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Do you remember that match Bray had against Orton? Shit stank hard...

They do have a positive track record overall, but sheesh some of those more recent ones are bad.

Jeremy Borash being in WWE is what gives people hope that those two matches might be on the plus side.

15 hours ago, Robert S said:

Jeremy Borash being in WWE is what gives people hope that those two matches might be on the plus side.

I can totally see a scenario where Borash comes in with the way he wants to shoot those matches and Kevin Dunn gives him a “Nah. That’s not how we do things.”