Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 25th March 2020

Stiva

Apparently this is still going on with essential personnel only which still seems ill-advised to me but that’s how it is

Omega vs Guevara and the Hardy/Jericho confrontation seem like they could be good but Cody has the greatest test of his AEW career as he tries to drag something decent out of Jimmy Havoc.

Cody and Havoc shouldn't have gone more than ten minutes in a normal setting. Considering the circumstances,  I am ok with the long match.

This atmosphere reminded me of a story when Chris Hero did his first stint in FCW. Because of the politically charged climate at the time, Hero didnt have a lot of backing from management. One day, Dustin popped in to train and him and Hero had a 30 minute exhibition while Dusty and a couple of other legends watching. Hero won Dusty over that day even though Chris didnt last much longer in that run. 

That was a great use of two hours, a good distraction from the world falling apart. Jericho is a total pro, he was amazing cutting the promo on Vanguard and then somehow not laughing at Hardy pointing out Martin Luther King in the empty crowd. Tony was fantastic on commentary too; Excalibur is very good but it was awesome hearing Tony be the main guy for two hours

18 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Don't know if I can take a whole show of Omega on commentary...Cody and Havoc shouldn't have gone more than ten minutes in a normal setting.

I was excited at the prospect of watching Dynamite.  Then I saw that the first match featured Jimmy Havoc, with Kenny Omega on commentary.

At that point, I became much less excited.

And for the record...Kenny Omega may very well be the blandest, least interesting person in all of Professional Wrestling when he has a microphone in front of his face.