Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/17 - 08/23 Brazil is barbaric

KawadaSmile

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to derail this thread too much but @KawadaSmile, did you have any thoughts on Bayern vs. Barcelona? I think it might have been the most one-sided game since Germany 7-1 Brazil, not only because of the scorelines but because of the absolute domination and the fact that the victors could or should have easily hit double digits.

2 minutes ago, Microstatistics said:

Not to derail this thread too much but @KawadaSmile, did you have any thoughts on Bayern vs. Barcelona? I think it might have been the most one-sided game since Germany 7-1 Brazil, not only because of the scorelines but because of the absolute domination and the fact that the victors could or should have easily hit double digits.

Based on the past few years, it's a miracle that didn't happen sooner. Barcelona is a dreadful club nowadays, and they have no clear goal in mind. They have a generational talent, but have no idea which players to sign, instead opting for aging players such as Piquet, Busquets, and Vidal to still maintain the glory they once had.

I mean, I guess when La Masia was able to churn out players like Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi AND Messi in such a short time, it's hard not to feel like your youth academy can do no wrong. Obviously, it could do wrong, and it did.

Bayern is probably playing the closest we've seen to complete football. While Guardiola's Barcelona was revolutionary in some senses, it had a genius at its prime. Bayern has a great squad working at the top of their games and they are even more focused than Klopp's Liverpool. Lewa is on the season of his life, and young players like Davies, Gnabry and Kimmich make a difference. Even Coutinho, who's been scoffed at for the past few seasons, is gelling with that team.

It felt like Cena getting squashed by Lesnar at Summerslam. There's a paradigm shift here.

Also, I would like to add that Fraudiola is real. He spent like a billion pounds just to have Fernandinho as a makeshift center back what the fuck is this. Benching Bernardo Silva too, is he insane? Why does he insist on having insane starting formations 

Lesnar vs. Cena is a good comparison. Maybe an Ogawa vs. Hashimoto 10/1999 parallel works too since it was a sign of the progressive decline and impending dark ages. At least Cena and Hashimoto went down fighting though. Also, I couldn't help but laugh at the Coutinho brace and assist.

Barcelona looked set in 2019 though, until they completely shit the bed in the second leg vs. Liverpool, in a manner that makes Kawada's bottle jobs seem tame. But I guess some home performances papered over the cracks.

I'd say that the first leg against Liverpool was more of an illusion than anything, like Roman carrying Braun to an engaging, great feud. That made us think that Strowman was a megastar on his own right. Messi went out of his way to ensure they had a huge lead against Liverpool, creating chances and making his own, only for his team mates to just say fuck it. It's sad, and I hope he leaves that club.

I mean, CRonaldo was right on leaving a club that didn't cater to him after winning three straight UCL titles, imagine thinking Messi is unjustified?

Before the game, I was expecting a Bayern demolition, but Barcelona for the first 20-25 minutes looked good and could have had about 3 goals themselves. The big difference between the two was Bayern were able to shift their tactics immediately and stopped leaking chances whereas Barcelona couldn't. And yeah Kawada is right about the first Liverpool leg, that match pretty much epitomised Barcelona's entire season. A sub-par performance saved by moments of Messi magic. I feel like before that match Barca had been riding on their reputation and after that loss teams were beginning to see the cracks and were more willing to attack Barcelona, resulting in this dreadful season they've just had.

I've got to admit I'm curious about the THUNDERDOME

The NBA's virtual fans fans fade right into the background for me.  I don't register the fans really visually other than being an amorphous blob watching sports anyway

WWE has some insane superfans, so I hope they make it really F'n noticeable to distract from their crappy wrestling product

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm not sure I'll ever be fully accustomed to "grizzled dad" Shawn Michaels.It always surprises me every time he appears.

What caught my attention is how Drew towered over him. Considering that HBK is nearly the same height as Adam Cole... the gimmicked height looks even more ridiculous.