Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/17 - 08/23 Brazil is barbaric

KawadaSmile

36 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

At least, you're not using the "Canadians have no charisma" excuse like that dipshit Chris Cruise did to comment on Renee's departure.

Jesus, what happened in his life to turn him into such a miserable crank these days?

Also I would never think Canadians have no charisma, we have a statue of Mario Lemieux in this town, We properly respect our Canadians here. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

All that is true, but a lot of companies are using covid as an excuse to not hire and/or lowball people right now so even if she knows her worth (and I definitely get the impression she does), it's not the best time to be hitting the free agent market. 

She can also probably afford to sit out for six months and wait out offers. A lot of the people who've departed WWE over the last 10 years have talked about needing time off just to come down from being in the weird WWE bubble anyway. 

I'd argue that it was their fault for pushing the UE for such a long time, specially Cole. Dude is small by NXT standards, of course a dudebro like McAfee would harp on that, and it's precisely that what's keeping the feud from being a bigger hit

Like, imagine if instead of taunting Cole for being short, he were to taunt someone else for being an underachiever, or a choke artist? You'd get the same or a better reaction without cheapening your most pushed act. You can bounce back on choking, but not really on your height.

WWE did a test run of the THUNDERDOME today, and pics of it hit Twitter tonight. Looks like the setup the NBA has but instead of just pre-recorded video loops it appears to be live Zoom feeds of fans. It wasn't too bad, just being in an actual arena again with real fans (kinda) was an improvement over being in the PC.

One thing I saw from folks who were involved is that the fans weren't reacting like a live crowd but just as if they were watching at home (which of course they are). I wonder if they'll be like WCW when they were doing the Disney tapings and get direction on how to react when things go live tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Two Men Enter, No One Watches

I bet this week will actually get a decent rating from people tuning in to see what it looks like. Not saying it will last or anything, but I would think everyone wants to at least take a look at this thing.

The amusing thing to me is they *just* started an angle with an don't-call-it-Antifa group destroying and defacing the PC, so they go ahead and move the show to a whole ass arena decked out like an electronics trade show.  If we're keeping kayfabe, Retribution should destroy all those screens in the first 10 minutes of Smackdown.

If anything, knowing that Vince is there tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if their actions are directly towards Vince. Kayfabe-wise, you can't make a bigger statement than going after the owner of the very company you seem to despise. And this is probably when we'll start seeing a better "resistance" towards Retribution.

I'll be tuning into the start of Smackdown as the Thunderdome gimmick at least grabbed my attention & I'm curious.

That being said, how did WWE get the rights to use Thunderdome? There's no way that's not trademarked. And George Miller isn't exact the kind of dude that shies away from litigation.

8 minutes ago, Coffey said:

That being said, how did WWE get the rights to use Thunderdome? There's no way that's not trademarked. And George Miller isn't exact the kind of dude that shies away from litigation.

I was wondering this too. I'm guessing its either a "wrestling flies under the radar and no one notices what they do" thing, or they have some type of limited trademark to use it for wrestling purposes only. 

So they eliminated the duplicates from the video wall like yesterday,  that is encouraging.   Although they literally showed it for a minute and then went with the nutty light and laser show

"You will never see it coming" meaning Summerslam.  Well that is definitely leading to a disappointment

I thought the purpose of the crowd was to have actual fan interaction.  Yet they are still using terrible canned crowd noise.  .  

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

I'll be tuning into the start of Smackdown as the Thunderdome gimmick at least grabbed my attention & I'm curious.

From what I've read, Thunderdome was not trademarked before. Amazing.