Pro Wrestling Only

AEW All Out 2020

MoS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shida/Rosa was great. Rosa doesn’t need to stick around because any time she comes back, she’s an instant threat.

i really like AEWs big tag matches; everyone gets some good shine, they always make sure to further a couple of angles and some of the worst tendencies tend to be pushed to one side.

Dustin/Brodie has potential to be TV MOTY

7 minutes ago, MoS said:

The match was excellent and Dustin cut an early 90s reminiscent promo. After the Hardy shitshow, this show has been excellent. Hopefully I don't jinx it

All the actual wrestling has been good and the dumb gimmicks have been a mess. This should be a lesson for them.

Yeah Aubrey immediately wanted to stop it. Khan really dropped the ball there. Hopefully its the first and last time. They were REALLY lucky Matt did not slip while climbing that stupid structure. They should have made it a no-contest. I cannot possibly imagine fans getting mad about it.

5 minutes ago, Migs said:

Great tag match, going almost 30 in 95 degree heat is kinda incredible.

Yeah from hearing reports about the humidity, it probably feels worse.   Maybe the guys who worked regularly in the PWG Reseda sweat box can tolerate it more but I can't imagine the last time FTR had a long match outside in even 80 degree heat much less 95

51 minutes ago, MoS said:

J.R talking about Anna Jay's wardrobe malfunction in the middle of an excellent tag match. Just fucking retire

As awful as that sounds, I don't want J.R. to retire.

But bring in Mauro.

A J.R.-Mauro Dream Team is something I need at least once in my life.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I get the Hardy thing left a bad taste in people's mouths but I'm not understanding the hate this show is getting on social media. All the matches have been solid so far.

Wait, what? This has been a really good show. May end up lacking slightly in terms of an all-time classic match, but this has been fun all the way through.

4 minutes ago, Migs said:

Wait, what? This has been a really good show. May end up lacking slightly in terms of an all-time classic match, but this has been fun all the way through.

I'm reading people saying FTR wasn't any good in their match and it has me wondering if somehow I got concussed by proxy.

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I get the Hardy thing left a bad taste in people's mouths but I'm not understanding the hate this show is getting on social media. All the matches have been solid so far.

To be fair, this is a 50 dollar show. I could get almost half a year of IWTV for that price. You can’t have a “solid” show in 2020 and expect people not to bitch at a 50 dollar price tag.

Mimosa Mayhem was better than I expected but they took a bit too long. Still, happy for OC.

I thought #FTR-Page/Omega was very good but the structure was a bit odd with the leg work thrown in near the end. From what I've seen it's been a solid show at least but the Hardy stuff and J.R. being J.R. has definitely hung over this show.

Just now, sek69 said:

Honestly I think people bitching about a $50 show "only" being solid is more of an indictment of the person saying it than the show itself.

... I can buy a months subscription of IWTV for less then a third of 50 dollars. Welcome to modern times when justifying spending half a hundred on 3 solid hours of wrestling doesn’t fly anymore when there is great wrestling to be had for a fraction of the price or free on YouTube.

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

... I can buy a months subscription of IWTV for less then a third of 50 dollars. Welcome to modern times when justifying spending half a hundred on 3 solid hours of wrestling doesn’t fly anymore when there is great wrestling to be had for a fraction of the price or free on YouTube.

It's not just the matches though. In terms of the larger narrative booking, this show has been really good. I really think if the Matt Hardy disaster does not happen this show would be much more positively received. Tbf that's a big if. 

The promo for the main event made me think they are going to try and book MJF to look good in a loss. They recognise he did not look main event level