Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

AEW Dynamite - September 9, 2020

Feels like a very significant episode of Dynamite. It's their first time a PPV has received mixed reviews and there are questions about their booking directions. 

Cannot wait for Matt Hardy to justify nearly being killed

One of my best friends who actually posts here every now and then has been calling for the Lucha Bros to break up for months now, about how they are two completely different kind of stars with main event potential, and that segment made it feel as if the breakup might be imminent. 

Jake is an excellent promo to no one's surprise, but Larcher is a great promo as well. When was the last time an American promotion had so many excellent promos on its shows?

I thought the Matt promo was pretty much what needed to be said. Let everyone know he's okay and apologize to his family for scaring the hell out of them. 

The best part is they can work Twitch into it and it won't be just a WWE dig.

Kip Sabian is unwatchable. They could not have come up with a worse way to debut Rusev than throwing him in with these jackoffs

1 minute ago, joeg said:

Kip Sabian is unwatchable. They could not have come up with a worse way to debut Rusev than throwing him in with these jackoffs

I mean, it wouldn't be my first choice but it does seem he works best when he has someone annoying to play off of.

Hopefully he doesn’t stick with Sabian for too long. 

Looking forward to seeing what Miro can do when he’s let loose. 

2 minutes ago, joeg said:

I am excited Rusev/Miro is here, but yeah, Kip Sabian is the dorkiest dork on the roster and this was a bad way to debut him. When he came out, I was really hoping he would kill Sabian

For a sport where nearly everyone is in gear that looks like underwear, there's something unnerving about Jake Hager's gear where every time I think he just came out on national TV in his boxer briefs.

Miro could be a really great signing for them but for some reason I also fear he could be like one of those ex-WWE guys who would show up in TNA and put in low effort

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

So did Rusev really cut a TNA-style worked shoot promo?

Kinda. Brass ring and glass ceiling etc.

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So did Rusev really cut a TNA-style worked shoot promo?

Abysmal shit. I'm in disbelief that they didn't learn from LOLTNA's mistakes when it comes to this stuff.

It's especially disappointing because AEW has had the good sense not to fall into that trap for the most part.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Abysmal shit. I'm in disbelief that they didn't learn from LOLTNA's mistakes when it comes to this stuff.

It's especially disappointing because AEW has had the good sense not to fall into that trap for the most part.

I guess we've all turned heel on AEW? Suddenly Miro cutting the same promo others have done is LOLTNA stuff? 

Lol

While that wedding thing might have been the worst segment in AEW's young history, this FTR one was amazing

I mean, this isn't Zack Ryder saying he's upset his action figure efed didn't get him a WWE Main Event push,  this is the dude who was told entire arenas chanting form him was the crowd mocking him. If anyone's allowed to cut a "shove the brass ring up your ass"  Miro IHMO.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I guess we've all turned heel on AEW? Suddenly Miro cutting the same promo others have done is LOLTNA stuff? 

I don't remember other ex-WWE wrestlers in AEW cutting a LOLTNA promo like that. Podcasts don't count. I'm talking about TV. (Edit: I missed the Zack Ryder debut promo, but it sounds equally as terrible - and he already has below zero buzz, so it's not like that worked well.)

As for Miro coming in as a best man for a wedding: While the whole cuck dynamic with Sabian, Ford, and Janela does nothing for me, Miro obviously came in this way by design to poke fun at his last notoriously bad WWE angle - which was a terrible wedding and cuck angle involving Lana and Lashley. Reminds me of Bret Hart coming as a referee in WCW because he was screwed by one in the WWF. It's not great.