Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/14 - 09/20 Nearly all of our biomes are burning

KawadaSmile

I think they're trying to make them like NEXUS (they attacked everyone and finally heels and faces set aside their differences to fight them).....difference is compared to the start of the NEXUS angle this SUCKS.  And, even while that was a better angle with a much stronger presentation.......the main reason people remember that angle is the strong debut, the SummerSlam main event, and the gradual botching of it. 

This hasn't even gotten off to a hot start like that did, and while I like some of the talent involved it seems like an uphill battle already

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the people who seem to be penciled in as official members (as opposed to people who are just background fodder) are Dijakovic, Mia Yim, Mercedes Martinez, and Dio Madden. 

So you have folks that WWE only fans have no clue about and fans who follow NXT know none of them have any reason to be mad at WWE since they were all given ample opportunities. I suppose Dio Madden has a legitimate beef since he was getting a shot to be an announcer on Raw before Brock killed him, 

It's just silly either way. Even if this whole thing would have been done correctly from the jump, having the reveal being a bunch of unknowns with no real axes to grind would have made it a failure.

The funny thing is WWE has tons of people not being used/underutilized who would have fit way better as "disgruntled employees tired of the bullshit just decide to fuck shit up", but that would have required an iota of self awareness we all know WWE does not possess. 

Not to mention on top of everything else, it's poor staging/costuming as well.  Could not one of the 500 writers on staff not been like "Yeah, you know that group we're trying to get over as such a serious threat heels and faces band together to stop them? Maybe we shouldn't have them dress in a visually similar way as the jabronis who chase around R Truth every week for the 24/7 title".

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah but.....the Hurt Business were the only folks who came out to fight them and made a big deal of taking off their jackets and marching up to them. It wasn't exactly all the WCW babyfaces and heels emptying out to fight off the nWo. 

Look, the Hurt Business are very fucking cool. Cedric was right when he ditched those losers Apollo and Ricochet.

And I believe they set that segment up some weeks ago when they invaded Underground and kicked everybody's ass, too.

23 minutes ago, MoS said:

Apparently the Asuka-Mickie finish was a ref botch

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1305928977337393152?s=19

Yeah I saw a clip on Twitter where you can see from the ref's POV it looked like Mickie tapped out and while obviously the ref is clued in to the finish they are told to call it like a shoot.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If she doesn't already have one foot out the door, she will once she discovers how much better entertainers in non-carny industries are treated.

Although rumours suggest the main actor is pulling a HBK and refused to do business because they wouldn't let him do scenes without the helmet.

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If she doesn't already have one foot out the door, she will once she discovers how much better entertainers in non-carny industries are treated.

If nothing else  the Fox contract was worth it for the interview where Bayley accidentally revealed wrestlers don't have any form of collective bargaining ,and the Fox Sports interviewer being completely baffled at that. 

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

Although rumours suggest the main actor is pulling a HBK and refused to do business because they wouldn't let him do scenes without the helmet.

Really hope this is a bad rasslin' joke and not anything that's actually rumored.

If there's anything to it, the main actor is an idiot, because he will never, ever in his life get anything as good as this again.

The few moments we've seen him without the helmet have all been very impactful. Less is more.

If he's sore about being overshadowed by Baby Yoda, well, that's life.

Pedro Pascal's brightest moment in television was in Game of Thrones and I believe most of us know why. I guess it makes sense that he would want to have his head intact after all.

But yeah, maybe modern day Hollywood ain't the best example of a non-carny business. If anything it might be even sleazier. On the other hand the payday is better and you don't need to destroy your body.

Googling "Pedro Pascal unhappy with The Mandalorian" leads to absolutely nothing, so...

Without spoiling anything, the Season 1 finale features the Mandalorian character without a mask for some of the episode and it's impactful precisely because we hadn't really seen him without it other than in brief flashbacks.

Considering that the mask is a central part of who he is, and there's a whole mythos centered around Mandalorians keeping it on - sort of like luchas in Mexico - I find it hard to believe that Pedro Pascal would willingly compromise his character for ego reasons when he would've known all along exactly what the role entailed.

Plus, it's not always him under the mask - stunt doubles do some of the work - but he is the one getting the lion's share of credit and money. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Being upstaged by Baby Yoda might irk him - who knows - but I'm sure he understood beforehand that the Star Wars galaxy is home to a number of popular creatures.

As for Game of Thrones, I've never seen it, but Bubba kind of gave away what happens to Pedro's character there.

And yeah, Hollywood is far sleazier than wrestling - Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, the "casting couch," you name it - but the benefits are obviously still much better. Even if you're "blackballed" by a major studio head, you can always find work in independent films, direct-to-DVD flicks, or work the Christian movie circuit. In wrestling, up until recently, it was WWE or nothing if you wanted a full-time career in the U.S. It's better now with the emergence of AEW and various indies, but even that is still a far cry from a Hollywood career - whether you're an a-list star or your movies are found mostly in the Walmart bin or Dollar Tree. 

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

As for Game of Thrones, I've never seen it, but Bubba kind of gave away what happens to Pedro's character there.

I saw it back in 2014. First scene I've ever seen, and it was full of spoilers.

Watch it if you have the time, bubba. Up until the 4th season it's very good.

CLIPPERS BLEW A 3-1 LEAD

IF THE CLIPPERS WERE A PRO WRESTLER WHO WOULD THEY BE?

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

I saw it back in 2014. First scene I've ever seen, and it was full of spoilers.

Watch it if you have the time, bubba. Up until the 4th season it's very good. 

I will eventually watch it, but the problem is, I've been spoiled on so much - King Joffrey, Red Wedding, Jon Snow, and now The Mandalorian. :D 

Just now, C.S. said:

I will eventually watch it, but the problem is, I've been spoiled on so much - King Joffrey, Red Wedding, Jon Snow, and now The Mandalorian. :D 

It was the same for me, bubba. Trust me, it's better when you see things in context. Just pretend it ends after S4.

It feel off a cliff faster than WCW after the new millenium.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

It was the same for me, bubba. Trust me, it's better when you see things in context. Just pretend it ends after S4.

It feel off a cliff faster than WCW after the new millenium.

Aren't there like 6 or 7 seasons?

I heard the final season is terrible, but this is the first I'm hearing that it was terrible for a while before that.