Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/21 - 09/27 Liverpool and Bayern are just gonna dominate European football, aren't they?

KawadaSmile

10 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

You know what, I'm tapping out. I've way past the point of being a serious WWE fan, but I don't even think I can follow casually anymore. There's no reason for you guys to subject yourselves to this week after week when there's literally decades worth of actual good wrestling to watch.

I've not followed WWE for months. I never watch the TV. I'm hardly ever home for it nowadays anyway. But just reading Twitter, I can see the clips & whatnot. So it never feels like I'm completely out of the loop... but it feels so much better, as a fan, when you don't follow the weekly TV than try to stay current with the modern WWE product. 

The last Wrestlemania can be blamed on the pandemic, which was out of WWE's hands. But even Wrestlemania last year felt like just another show. It was too long. It was full of a bunch of matches that didn't mean shit. With wrestlers that didn't mean shit. Fighting over titles that didn't mean shit. With fans just happy to be there, not that were emotionally invested in any of the characters or angles. 

I watch the WWE Network quite often. I still love late 80's & early 90's WWF & WCW. I can't watch ECW because it doesn't feel the same without the music (this also irks me about Nitro era WCW but not as badly). I just downloaded the first two nights of the G1 Climax. I still have plenty of wrestling to watch when I get that itch that I want to scratch. But yeah, modern WWE isn't it. I don't know who the target demo is anymore, but it's not me... and it's not whomever they think it is either. It's painfully obvious that they're just booking to appease Vince McMahon, Jr. at this point. And when you're surrounded by guys like Michael Hayes & Bruce Prichard & when you think "trying something new" meant Eric Bischoff & Paul Heyman, and when you're being compared to shows from over twenty years ago, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

WWE isn't cool. And even they know they're not cool, that's why they constantly beat you over the head with the "hey, remember when we used to be cool?" shit. Talk about Austin. Talk about Rock. Talk about D-X. Talk about the Monday Night Wars. A lot of the modern wrestling fans that they should be trying to target & appeal to weren't even ALIVE for that shit. That's how fucking long ago it was. It would be like talking about the start of Hulkamania during WWF in 2004.

I am waiting on some MLW to comeback but even they only have a handful of people that I care about (L.A. Park, Alex Hammerstone, Jacob Fatu & Mance Warner). AEW doesn't appeal to me as it's like all the modern tropes of recent wrestling that I don't like turned into a wrestling company. The weekly NWA Power studio YouTube show was OK but even that turned too much into guys that were well passed their prime, never had a prime or goofy comedy stuff. 

I just want emotional, dramatic, hard-hitting pro-wrestling again. I want blood & storylines that you can buy into. I want dastardly heels & babyfaces that have strong morals. I want to see a bad guy get his comeuppance. I want to see the fans rally behind the good guy & his comeback & see him get his revenge. I want matches that tell a story, that draw you in & make you care about what's happening, not just what moves they can do. I don't want to see lame bad actors portraying sports entertainers on TV trying to recite lines written for them by out-of-touch dudes while they promote their social media channels.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If rumors are to be believed, Roman and Heyman have creative control over their story.

A rule of thumb is if Heyman is involved he has creative control over the story. It's funny to think how much he and Vince butt heads, and even when Vince just threw him under the bus, he still lets Paul book his own angles.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's going to be funny to watch Roman become the prom king with the IWC while working as a mafia-influenced sociopath when that's not the intent.

Yeah, but if WWE is finally going to book the guy the way people have been dying for YEARS to see it's going to get a positive response. 

It still floors me that a company that chases the ratings dragon like WWE does (they practically ruined NXT to pop a one week rating) blew up the Bayley/Sasha pairing that was drawing across three different shows.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

'Mac and Deadpool buy a football team' sounds wild, just like Billy Corgan buying the NWA!

Shit I envy the fact that even tiny, loveable teams like Wrexham can have some tidy venues. Good on ya, bubba!

Also how cool is that it's the third oldest club in the world? I like it already.

Im so excited bruh I'm shaking. We've been bought 3 times in 20 years by charlatans, who've tried to take the oldest international stadium on earth to build houses. So we got together as supporters and bought it ourselves. But all of a sudden we get this offer? 

And now we get this!!!! If you can get away from Brazil come and see us, I'll put you up. 

So happy I actually wet myself earlier

32 minutes ago, ButchReedMark said:

Im so excited bruh I'm shaking. We've been bought 3 times in 20 years by charlatans, who've tried to take the oldest international stadium on earth to build houses. So we got together as supporters and bought it ourselves. But all of a sudden we get this offer? 

And now we get this!!!! If you can get away from Brazil come and see us, I'll put you up. 

So happy I actually wet myself earlier

Look I love stories like this where a club, no matter the size, feels like it belongs to its supporters. The identity people can create is just touching. I wish bigger clubs had that sort of relationship with their supporters. Sadly big corporations took a hold of them.

You bet, bubba. Wales seems like a charming place to visit and live!

Just now, sek69 said:

So according to Dave, NXT had to be redone for tonight due to COVID-mania running wild at the PC.

it seems that fellas just can't resist having a maskless night out 

word is that both wednesday brands have their fellas doing that which is just stupid

23 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Look I love stories like this where a club, no matter the size, feels like it belongs to its supporters. The identity people can create is just touching. I wish bigger clubs had that sort of relationship with their supporters. Sadly big corporations took a hold of them.

You bet, bubba. Wales seems like a charming place to visit and live!

it seems that fellas just can't resist having a maskless night out 

word is that both wednesday brands have their fellas doing that which is just stupid

Lovely bruh. Come to Wrexham, beer and football culture 

1 hour ago, ButchReedMark said:

I love you Ryan Reynolds 

Screenshot_20200924_014031_com.android.chrome.jpg

I love Ryan Reynolds but that is just because I just shifted to Murrica (NYC - what a time to move from India to New York) and Reynolds' Mint Mobile has been a fucking lifesaver. Fuck T-Mobile and fuck AT&T, I have no idea how Murricans tolerate them

So we've got 5 possibilities to challenge for the NXT Title....new blood, new blood, guy who hasn't been used properly, new blood, and another variation of the same old shit.

Finn Balor vs yet another member of the Undisputed Era is of course your Takeover main event!

I guess at least Kyle isn't Cole, but any of the other 4 choices would have been far more interesting IMO.

Of all the UE guys, O'Reilly would definitely be my choice of guys to watch at this point. (If I hadn't been watching Roderick for 15 years already, it would probably be him.)

However, I just feel that Thatcher, Grimes, Reed, and Kushida all would have been better choices simply by having not been all over NXT for eons at this point, and it would have been nice for them to not do the obvious thing for once. Not to mention that I find all four to be more interesting competitors.