Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/21 - 09/27 Liverpool and Bayern are just gonna dominate European football, aren't they?

KawadaSmile

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

T-BARRRRRR is not the only one, tho. The whole group is getting kinda over entirely on their twitter antics.

But let's be real: WWE's ridiculous names are kinda charming sometimes. THRASHER, MOSH, X-PAC, crush, VISCERA... It's nice.

Counterpoint: The names are cringy and trash and no one cares if they have a good Twitter game if their booking is cringy and trash

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

It has been awesome but it was still pretty weaksauce for Roman to pull a Seth and blame the fans for not having patience with the company's shit booking. I know it's the company line but I expected better from the Large Canine. 

Tut, tut, it's the Tribal Chief for you, thank you very much.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Waltman may have the record for most names based on a prior one: 1-2-3 Kid became Syxx, which evolved into Syxx-Pac, which became X-Pac when he came back to the WWF. It's like the Pokemon of rasslin' names. 

Don't forget Lightning Kid, Kamikaze Kid, Cannonball Kid, and The Kid before that.

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

Edit: Punk is a saint compared to Ryback though...

Ryback about Vince McMahon:

"He just created a platform as a human circus that he modified from his father. The guy is a piece of s---, can't stress this enough. World will be a better place when he passes. This isn't wishing death, but stating an opinion I believe to be true."

WTF?

I can see how CM Punk dunking on a bunch of younger wrestlers who are in a historically bad angle is punching down. 

Ryback calling Vince a piece of shit is not, though.

Vince is a piece of shit. Saying that the world will be a better place when he dies sounds harsh and might be a stretch, but I don't know - maybe the world will be a better place when there is one less greedy, anti-union, Trump-supporting blowhard in it? That's before we even talk about the rampant misogyny, racism, and homophobia he profited and promoted in the 90s or the idea that he may have covered up a murder and multiple sexual assaults. Just this past year he laid off a bunch of workers and staff members during a global pandemic despite record profits. 

Also, I don't think any of these Retribution guys are truly getting "over" with their Twitter shtick. Maybe to a portion of the audience it is impressive that they're defending themselves and their horrible gimmick, but ultimately, as I wrote earlier in this thread, I do think that the plan is to lean into Retribution being a bumbling, inept stable of losers. But defending themselves with "See? We're actually playing our parts correctly if you think we suck" is still a dead end. 

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

I can see how CM Punk dunking on a bunch of younger wrestlers who are in a historically bad angle is punching down. 

Ryback calling Vince a piece of shit is not, though.

Vince is a piece of shit. Saying that the world will be a better place when he dies sounds harsh and might be a stretch, but I don't know - maybe the world will be a better place when there is one less greedy, anti-union, Trump-supporting blowhard in it? That's before we even talk about the rampant misogyny, racism, and homophobia he profited and promoted in the 90s or the idea that he may have covered up a murder and multiple sexual assaults. Just this past year he laid off a bunch of workers and staff members during a global pandemic despite record profits. 

Got news for ya... Things won't change under Hunter or Stephanie.

Even Shane.

As this famous meme shows, they're all in lockstep with Trump and other politicians and people like Trump. 

At least The Rock is a grown-up. Being outside the bubble seems to do wonders for most people.

But this is Pro Wrestling ONLY, so...

Oh, I knew all of that too.

I didn't say pro-wrestling or the WWE would be better when Vince dies, I (and Ryback) said the world. And I'm not naive enough to think one shitty person dying is going to lead to world peace or end world hunger, but it couldn't hurt.

I'd also just say, as much as I think HHH and Stephanie are shit people too, I wouldn't quite put them at the same level as Vince as Vince most likely covered up a murder, helped facilitate and celebrate sex trafficking with his ties to Moolah, and also probably knew of multiple sexual assaults that never got reported or taken seriously.