Pro Wrestling Only

Kerry Von Erich's daughter signs with WWE

shoe

To be fair, it doesn't seem Kevin was the sharpest knife in the drawer before the drugs started, but now he's like the wrestling equivalent of Reverend Jim from Taxi.

Watching him host the WCCW shows on 24/7 is hilarious and sad at the same time, especially this week's show where Michael Hayes does his old Freebird routine to introduce himself, then throws it to Kevin. You can practically see the neutrons trying to fire as it takes a full beat before he starts to talk.

Also, a photo to go along with the discussion:

Posted Image

She's lucky, you can see her father in her without having the full-on Von Erich "short bus" look.

...jesus christ, she's absolutely beautiful. We're SURE this came out of Fritz's gene pool?

On the one hand, I'm glad that the WWE has been on a second-generation hiring spree recently, as it's much preferable to their usual policy of hiring a football player, shoving a needle in his ass, writing promos for him, and hoping he picks up the whole "working" thing along the way. But, on the other, she's a goddamn Von Erich, the only wrestling family that the Harts can look at and say "At least we've got it better than those poor bastards". What on earth would make her want to go into the business that killed her father and almost the whole rest of the family too?

Possibly other family members, friends of the family, common knowledge of her family's significance in professional wrestling, wrestling media, the internet, her fathers remaining brother, the Von Erich DVD, her grandfather, etc.

Something like that, possibly.

Okay, maybe I should be more specific. How would she know about it from an insider's perspective which would make her want to pursue the job that made her an orphan as a career? The DVD, her family's history, that's all stuff any smark can pick up. And we don't know whether she was the type of kid who was backstage at every show, or if she didn't even watch wrestling. Plus, don't most people "know" something besides what their dad did for a living many years ago? "All she knows" is a logical fallacy.

What on earth would make her want to go into the business that killed her father and almost the whole rest of the family too?

It probably has something to do with wanting to follow in the footsteps of the father she never really knew, but idolised at a young age, hoping that her father up in heaven will be looking down smiling that she's taking after him. Look at how Jake Roberts and Dustin Rhodes got into wrestling to try and gain the love of their larger than life, overbearing, absentee wrestling fathers.

I'm more inclined to say it was a tragic family that happened to be wrestlers. There's no reason she can't avoid the same pitfalls with a bit of common sense.

The bolded part has shown to be an obstacle for other members of her family. Not saying she's doomed to be another statistic but sometimes genetics can be a motherfucker to overcome.

Also, I'd imagine there's a difference between a dad who wasn't around much and having your dad and and 2 of your uncles committing suicide at least partly due to your grandfather's insistence on making the Von Erich family into Christian superheroes.

Guest BilJim2

Does someone need to start a pool on when the next Von Erich will drop dead?

John

As classy as ever!

And her joining the WWE with her family history and recent events just tells me she'll fit right in as their latest "Diva."

Guest BilJim2

I doubt any of us here can understand the mindset of these people- she may feel entitlement, or see this as a chance of redemption for her family, or she's just so stupid she thinks this is the only thing she'd be good at cause her dad did it.

I bet she never makes it out of development and is quietly released.

Does someone need to start a pool on when the next Von Erich will drop dead?

John

As classy as ever!

Coming from you, that's a compliment...

And her joining the WWE with her family history and recent events just tells me she'll fit right in as their latest "Diva."

Wait... I joke about which Von Erich will drop dead, while you crack on her for being a slut ("Diva") and a dope fiend ("family history"). And I'm the one not being "classy"?

Same old Brambilla. Stepping on his own cock while trying to slap someone around.

John

Guest BilJim2

Stepping on his own cock

Um... that's more of a compliment, really.

LMFAO

John tries so hard...

Anyway, since he apparently is really good at jumping to the wrong conclusions, the message that got across there is that she's not very smart. Hence her joining the WWE "with her family history and recent events."

Try reading my follow up post since apparently you're the only one who needed an explanation- and it took you three days to figure that out.

Same old John...and we're not familiar enough for you to refer to me by my last name. Quite frankly, it creeps me out, like much of everything else about you, failure.