Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Royal Rumble 2021

Jmare007

Just caught up. Lots to go through.

It was interesting just how many people were in there through most of it. @El-P complained about lack of stories but Billie Kay carried the first half of this. Her trying to team up before getting in and being torn about the Iiconics pose and trying to be friends with three people/entities, etc. Jax and Moon looked pretty bad. Mostly everyone else looked really good. I liked the Alexa stuff, to be honest. She's playing her character in the ring and changing up the way she's moving and reacting. The character may be problematic but Alexa's doing well with working to it in a setting like this. Blame Prichard, not her. Lots of great little moments, like Victoria hitting the widow's peak after Peyton did it or the Naomi/Bianca stuff or the Nia/Tamina stuff and Lana's big moment. I like how they cycle through the "legends" and you get people you haven't seen last time.

I saw the WWE Rewind (or whatever) thing with Bianca featured earlier today and I'm pretty happy for her because she put in such a showing last time, even better than this one, I think.

I don't know. I enjoyed this.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Billie Kay carried the first half of this. Her trying to team up before getting in and being torn about the Iiconics pose and trying to be friends with three people/entities, etc.

She did a bunch of comedy spots while spending half her time outside the ring. That's being "cute" at best, she did not carry jackshit.

This match is straight out of 1999, total Attitude Era garbage match, overgimmicked, overproduced and plodding (and yeah, without any blood). Hard fucking pass.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

y'all can't be serious with this when we had shit like that in 2001

Yeah, sure, that's where *this* idea of Owens getting hit from the cart came from, for sure... 

Wait, it's WWE. You're right, it's actually from 2001 (since they are working a 1999 match, complete with the forklift now).

Just now, El-P said:

Yeah, sure, that's where *this* idea of Owens getting hit from the cart came from, for sure... 

Wait, it's WWE. You're right, it's actually from 2001 (since they are working a 1999 match, complete with the forklift now).

it's wrestling, vehicular manslaughter attempts are upsettingly common

My mind:

Hey, handcuffs. I wonder what Bossman would be doing if he was still alive. He'd be a good guy to bring back for legends things. The old guys were really pared down with all the deaths. He, I wonder why they don't use Barbarian. Hey, they should put Meng and Barbarian in the HOF.