Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - February 10, 2021

MoS

13 minutes ago, MoS said:

What's the point of recording this conversation secretly when...there's a cameraman right there? What?

If I was in charge of pro wrestling (yes, all of it), I would do away with two things:

1. Heel authority figures

2. The “invisible” cameraman

10 minutes ago, Log said:

If I was in charge of pro wrestling (yes, all of it), I would do away with two things:

That's the thing though; they didn't even act as if the cameraman was invisible. Sammy took the cameraman to the locker room and specifically said "The cameraman stays" so it just makes no sense

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Allegedly, Cody might have torn his rotator cuff in the tag match with Lee Johnson tonight.

I mean, this should be a big story, but given how badly they have botched Cody's booking since Full Gear, it doesn't even matter? Like, there's a lot of things AEW does great, but they are terrible at both introducing new people and storylines, as well as transitioning to new storylines. That has been really evident with Cody's booking. He has been alternating between completely cold jobber matches where no one is over, and celebrity angles like the Shaq one which, personally, are totally boring and a complete miss, and just a complete misfire. It feels weird to remember that Cody was the hottest wrestler on this planet 15 months ago, cuz he has been so cold and over-the-place the last few months. He had the brilliant and intense Brodie Lee feud (RIP) but that seems more and more an exception to the rule when it comes to him.

4 hours ago, MoS said:

I mean, this should be a big story, but given how badly they have botched Cody's booking since Full Gear, it doesn't even matter? Like, there's a lot of things AEW does great, but they are terrible at both introducing new people and storylines, as well as transitioning to new storylines. That has been really evident with Cody's booking. He has been alternating between completely cold jobber matches where no one is over, and celebrity angles like the Shaq one which, personally, are totally boring and a complete miss, and just a complete misfire. It feels weird to remember that Cody was the hottest wrestler on this planet 15 months ago, cuz he has been so cold and over-the-place the last few months. He had the brilliant and intense Brodie Lee feud (RIP) but that seems more and more an exception to the rule when it comes to him.

It screws up the Shaq match, which would have put eyes on the product, good or bad.

I don't think putting eyeballs on the product is a factor now. They had 1.4 million viewers for their debut. They have had Tyson and Shaq segments on their TV, which have had 1 million plus viewers. They've aired right after a big NBA game, having a big lead-in.

Getting awareness or one-time watchers isn't their problem. Getting those viewer to stick to them is the problem. Plenty of people have viewed them and yet gone right back to not watching. The Shaq match wouldn't have changed that. If anything, given the terrible build and just how bad the actual match could be, it might forever alienate new viewers.

16 hours ago, Log said:

It wasn't invisible, though. Sammy told the cameraman to stay. 

EDIT: Didn't see the comment above on this.

A good edition of Dynamite with a fun main event brawling all over the place. Everything they set up has me excited for the weeks to come especially the women's tournament and Sammy leaving the Inner Circle. Hope the situation with Cody is not serious all that build with Shaq and to pay it off would be a huge blow.