Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/08 - 03/14 Giannis really went 16/16

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, Coffey said:

Back in 1994, when I was becoming a teenager & started thinking that the bad guys were cool, I thought Mr. Bob Backlund was great almost solely for the fact that he started doing the Crossface Chickenwing & at that point, I had never seen it before. The whole angle rebuilding Backlund up as a loon, having him put it on non-wrestlers & not let go & then culminating in him regaining the WWF Championship by beating Bret Hart of all people was awesome to me.

I feel like I'm on the other side of the coin where I prefer when the finish is a Submission. I grew up watching the likes of The Iron Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, Greg Valentine, Ric Flair, Sting, Bret Hart, etc. 

Of course I loved moves like the DDT, or Savage's Elbow or Snuka's Splash but there was something about a Submission breaking people that I enjoyed. Then Taz came along in ECW & I started seeing people tapout. I was hooked.

I always thought submission victories were more impressive because you're literally forcing your opponent to concede defeat to the pain you're causing them. I remember in the Bret/Lawler kiss-my-foot match that Lawler hangs on a few seconds longer than you'd expect in the Sharpshooter, which really put over him desperately not wanting to lose but ultimately being unable to stand the pain. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see what happens since officially WWE turned down Andrade's request for a release like everyone expected. If the person he was in a relationship was literally anyone else. Vince would be pressuring her into breaking up with him and doing angles just to fuck with them. 

Charlotte's not adverse to using a "that doesn't work for me brother" on his behalf, I seem to recall one of the brand drafts got reshuffled slightly to keep them together. Not that she should be obligated to go all out like Lawler did when The Kat got fired, but she's someone who could take a stand if she felt the need to.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

BOMBASTIC 8-man tag!

I mean, you get quality talent such as The Mysterios, Alpha Academy and Street Profits, you are obviously gonna get a good match. 

Roode and Ziggler were there!

Agreed!

Can we put Montez Ford on the list of top frog splashes? Dude nearly leaps out of frame every time he does it. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens since officially WWE turned down Andrade's request for a release like everyone expected. If the person he was in a relationship was literally anyone else. Vince would be pressuring her into breaking up with him and doing angles just to fuck with them. 

Charlotte's not adverse to using a "that doesn't work for me brother" on his behalf, I seem to recall one of the brand drafts got reshuffled slightly to keep them together. Not that she should be obligated to go all out like Lawler did when The Kat got fired, but she's someone who could take a stand if she felt the need to.

It's a very different situation than let's say Aleister Black found himself when they fired Zelina Vega. Vince pretty much sees him as expendable and will be perfectly content with keeping him in catering until the end of his contract. But in this situation, I'm not sure if Vince's pettyness is worth pissing off the golden goose of his women's division and risks that she bolts out of the company in protest (as far as I know, didn't Ric Flair say a few months ago that Charlotte had garnered more and more interest for TV acting gigs?)...Gonna be interesting to see how Charlotte Flair handles this in the next couple of weeks, as she had admittedly pitched the idea of putting her and Andrade together.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

Agreed!

Can we put Montez Ford on the list of top frog splashes? Dude nearly leaps out of frame every time he does it. 

He could literally spin horizontally 360  mid-air and I wouldn't be shocked. He's awesome.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't usually  like WWE skits like this, but Nia and Reggie shopping while Shanya is looking like she wants to choke herself out due to boredom had me rolling.

Man, they should do more of that. Reggie being always thirsty and backflipping his way onto some coochie is quality television.