Pro Wrestling Only

La Sombra/Andrade

Grimmas

I said:

"Was a huge break out star in CMLL, then NJPW, then NXT, then went to the WWE and it hurt him and now I can't wait to see what they do next. Has had some of the greatest matches in WWE history, as well as classics all over. A very clever worker who does things you don't expect, but completely makes sense. On the larger side, but can fly like anyone. Let's not forget his charisma! I guess it depends on the next five years, but a huge candidate!"

Really interested in how his post-WWE run goes. His initial NXT run was a bit of a disaster but as soon as he turned heel it all clicked. Part of perhaps the greatest NXT world title matches and his MR feud with Rey was a lot of fun until the book was yanked from Heyman. The little bit I've seen from him as La Sombra is good but it seems like his best work was as NXT champ.

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, The Man in Blak said:

Am I alone in feeling like his post-NXT career has almost been disastrously bad? His big Triplemania match with Omega this year was a disjointed mess and, arguably, the most notable moment of his WWE run is getting tagged with a wellness violation. What hidden gems am I missing?

Give it two days and we'll either know or we won't.

17 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

Am I alone in feeling like his post-NXT career has almost been disastrously bad? His big Triplemania match with Omega this year was a disjointed mess and, arguably, the most notable moment of his WWE run is getting tagged with a wellness violation. What hidden gems am I missing?

I'd say he was actually one of the best guys they had on TV for his run, the stuff with Rey especially is some of the best TV matches in the history of the company. Here's his matches from the main roster that I dug:

vs Rey Mysterio - Raw 1/20/20

vs Ricochet - Main Event 6/18/20

vs Rey Mysterio - Smackdown 1/15/19

vs Rey Mysterio - Smackdown 1/22/19

vs Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe, and R-Truth - Fastlane 2019

vs Rey Mysterio - Raw 8/5/19

vs Chad Gable - Smackdown 9/3/19

vs Humberto Carillo - TLC 2019

6 hours ago, Reel said:

I'd say he was actually one of the best guys they had on TV for his run, the stuff with Rey especially is some of the best TV matches in the history of the company. Here's his matches from the main roster that I dug:

vs Rey Mysterio - Raw 1/20/20

vs Ricochet - Main Event 6/18/20

vs Rey Mysterio - Smackdown 1/15/19

vs Rey Mysterio - Smackdown 1/22/19

vs Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe, and R-Truth - Fastlane 2019

vs Rey Mysterio - Raw 8/5/19

vs Chad Gable - Smackdown 9/3/19

vs Humberto Carillo - TLC 2019

I think it's almost impossible to have a bad TV match with Rey, so I don't know how much those will land for me with respect to Andrade's specific contributions, but I will definitely check these out - thank you for the recommendations.

1 hour ago, Boss Rock said:

Live reports were that the match was really good.

Fingers crossed.