Pro Wrestling Only

Yukari Ohmori

Grimmas

Elliott said:

"The forgotten star from mid 80s AJW. Really awesome worker who could brawl with Dump Matsumoto and work title matches with Chigusa. Belongs in the same ring with the other all time greats from 80s AJW. Could keep up with the super pace, but also able to slow the pace down and let things sink in. The only person other than Dump who could slow down Lioness."

Omori is hurt by there not being a Joshi 80s set. Needs a reappraisal. Actually, she needs an appraisal before that. I have the vaguest of memories about her work against Chigusa and Lioness, but I can't remember if I was pro-Omori or not. I seem to remember her tag team with Hori being good as well. It's a shame that she wasn't interested in coming out of retirement in the 90s. 

I was just about to nominate her last night, but decided to save it till the next day, lo and behold I get beat to the punch. Super underappreciated for how short her career was and how little of that short career we've even seen. The little that is available paints her as one of the smarter workers in 80s AJW, reigning in Lioness Asuka who frequently struggled with having focused and well structured singles matches in the 80s despite her obvious physical talents, giving her easily her best 1-on-1 match of the decade (4/15/87). Additionally had standout performances against Dump, Chigusa (10/20/87) and Masami that weren't simply the greats leading the charge. I'm also just a sucker for the top rope chop. A bit trickier to make a strong case for her only because she had such a brief peak in a brief career, hence why I'm gutted she didn't come out of initial retirement outside of a very small handful of matches decades later.

1 hour ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Omori is hurt by there not being a Joshi 80s set. Needs a reappraisal. Actually, she needs an appraisal before that. I have the vaguest of memories about her work against Chigusa and Lioness, but I can't remember if I was pro-Omori or not. I seem to remember her tag team with Hori being good as well. It's a shame that she wasn't interested in coming out of retirement in the 90s. 

hmm... an 80s joshi set. That's an interesting prospect and maybe stay tuned...