Pro Wrestling Only

Tyler Bate

Grimmas

ZubazKid said: "His freakish strength for a guy his size leads to some interesting offense, & I thought his emoting in the corner added a lot to the story of the NXT TV tag title match against Undisputed Era. He's been a stalwart of NXT UK with great singles & tag matches."

Remarkably talented at such a young age, but the way NXT UK is presented and booked, he might be in a limbo of only getting to show it off 2-3 times a year for the next few years. He's a guy that definitely would be well served to go on a worldwide tour for a couple of years, picking up influences and styles from all around to blend into his own style. And since he's young enough, he could do that and be back in WWE before he's even 30 as a completely well rounded talent and be able to go beyond the UK or even US NXT. 

I’m biased as we’re from the same hometown and it’s incredible to see someone so talented from Dudley, but I can’t justify putting him on my list if we get 5 more years of 2020 Tyler Bate, or endlessly in NXT Tyler Bate.  

The 2017 Dunne matches were great, as was the feud with Undisputed Era and the WALTER takeover match.  A return to that kind of form could sneak him on.

He's someone who I feel like we've been waiting for years now to see him reach his potential and outside of a few standout performances, he just hasn't done it yet from what I've seen. It's probably unfair on him, he's not even 25 yet. Definitely someone I'm interested to see moving forward these next 5 years.

Tyler Bate is someone I've been a fan of since the very first time I saw him. It was a tag match in a WMC in Coventry, teaming with Chris Brookes against The Henchmen. Bate was 16 and nowhere near as muscular as he is now, but he played a great face in peril before hitting a superb spot that was unforgettable, hitting a German suplex on the 350+lb Jim Diehard. What made it great was the execution - it wasn't a suplex where you can see the opponent do the work. Instead, Tyler got him in a rear waistlock and motioned for the suplex, which got a bunch of titters from the crowd. After all, here was this normal sized kid trying to lift a huge, huge man. Then suddenly, Diehard's feet slowly left the ground as Bate deadlifted him, all freaky core strength. The crowd rightly popped huge, just a good spot made great by the execution.

As for his candidacy, he's got a reasonable shout. He's been at worst good for 8 years now, is still in his early 20s, and is both helped and hurt by being in NXT UK. Hurt because not many people watch the show, but helped because it's a show that'll give him plenty of chances to stretch his legs in the next 5 years, he's a featured wrestler who'll be on every Takeover and get a bunch of good 10-15 minute TV main events. I'm certainly not discounting him.