AEW Double or Nothing 2021

MoS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty great show. The Cody stuff took all of the air out of it for a bit, and it was a little too long for the kids here, but I get why it was long. I really hated the parts of the Bucks match where the ref is failing to enforce a five count on the Bucks while Eddie just stands there on the apron. That even bothered the kids . They were confused about how the rules work. Me and three kids were agreeing with JR when he complained about it.

That stuff aside,  we really enjoyed that show. 

The match meandered in the middle, but the last 5 minutes or so was tremendous and made Sammy look like a massive star. The show is over and we are still chanting Sammy's name. He is right now more over than Jericho.

Had a blast watching this show.  The pacing was bizarrely off for a lot of the matches but the Stadium Stampede was the kind of feel good I've been badly needing for the past few weeks with how things have been going in my life.  Needed something silly to laugh with and have a good time.  Thumbs up for the entire show.  Loved the triple threat until the ending and same for Baker-Shida, loved it until the ending.

4 minutes ago, Boss Rock said:

Oh you're there live? Awesome.

Yes! My highlight was Mox getting so pumped at the crowd and all the noise, he came all the way over to my section just to scream obscenities and get even more pumped. It made Kingston laugh. 

IMG_20210530_202131.jpg

IMG_20210530_202127.jpg

IMG_20210530_202128.jpg

So I have been seeing a lot of tweets about how Stadium Stampede was a flop cuz the crowd was dead for it. I thought it was very meandering and boring in the middle, and I am not sure what the audio situation was while watching on PPV, but the crowd was massively loud for Stadium Stampede, and popped huge for every major spot. Ultimately, if the aim was to elevate Sammy, it accomplished that, cuz as I have mentioned, Sammy was so over after the match that we chanted his name for like 15 minutes after the show got over. You can say a lot about the match, but you cannot say the crowd was dead for it, cuz that's the opposite of the truth.

The only match which really lost the crowd interest was the Cody match, and even there, the crowd was hot in the beginning - with quite a few cheers for Ogogo, incidentally - but just lost interest as it continued

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Mark Henry and Lio Rush in the same company again? That ought to be interesting. Henry will be a great asset for the company as long as he doesn't have a stick up his ass about Respecting the Business.

I was very critical of Mark Henry’s signing yesterday and still am, but I am curious what can he bring to AEW? Granted, I stopped following wwe relatively early in his career so all that I remember of him is being awful in the ring, not a great promo and being involved in some of the most atrocious skits ever. 

Has he done some commentating in wwe? If so, was he any good? They mentioned that he will do some coaching, has he trained anybody before? Did he ever improve his in ring work?

I do have to agree though that  a career wwe guy who looked to be a lifer there choosing to go to AEW is a pretty significant signing.  Just curious as to what I am not seeing in him.