Pro Wrestling Only

Konnan

Grimmas

Cien Caras said: "I’m surprised he hasn’t been nominated. Or maybe  I’m not, yes he’s a bit shit and I can’t erase slow-motion clotheslines from WCW from my memory. However as someone who lets the YouTube algorithm determine what I watch, Konnan shows up in a lot of matches I have watched recently, most of which I watched many years ago but I can’t deny they are all awesome. I’m talking early 90s EMLL boom and the theatre of the first few years of AAA, amazing brawls against and alongside admittedly all-timers such as Perro Aguayo, Cien Caras, Mascara Ano 2000, Pirata Morgan, Faraon etc. And I will stand by the fact that the feud with Jake Roberts was awesome. When I keep watching matches involving Konnan and he’s at the height of his superstardom, he should be discussed especially when the imposter  Konnan Big has been nominated. Let’s arriba la raza, and get bowdy bowdy and rowdy rowdy."

Match Recs: 

Konnan vs Jake Roberts Tijuana hair match

Konnan vs Perro Aguayo mask v hair match EMLL 1991

Konnan/Perro Aguayo/Rayo de Jalisco Jr vs Cien Caras/Mascara Ano 2000/Sangre Chicana

On 5/31/2021 at 11:56 PM, elliott said:

I fucking LOVE the Cage Match against Perro. 

That match is a disaster of botches, much like damn near any Konnan match even against top tier talent. I've never seen a guy gas so fast and half ass his moves so much. No fucking clue how this guy became a big star in Mexico and America because his "charisma" was just yelling shit and using lines from rap songs.

Revolutionary mind, but they labeled him a wino.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, DylanZero said:

His rapping on Psycho and L.A.X.'s theme is hands down better than any actual wrestling he did.

I'm not sure he contributed any vocals to Psycho, just appeared in a music video for it. There's another music video for the song that doesn't include Konnan at all, which would be kind of shitty on Mad One's part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, cad said:

Revolutionary mind, but they labeled him a wino.

I'm not sure he contributed any vocals to Psycho, just appeared in a music video for it. There's another music video for the song that doesn't include Konnan at all, which would be kind of shitty on Mad One's part.

Konnan burned bridges throughout his career in wrestling, who knew it would extend to Mad One? (He did do Rey's WWE theme too later on tho so maybe Konnan wasn't too upset about it.)