Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/14 - 06/20 Harry Kane is a hack fraud

KawadaSmile

Hell, I would also keep an eye on Hit Row and Ever-Rise (who coincidentally, wrestle each other next week). They can plug any team in any spot any time. It's probably the best their tag division has looked in a while. Imagine if Danny Burch wasn't injured and they could still have Oney & Danny active.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also having Joe's role basically be a physical manifestation of Regal's "I Wish a MF Would" is just great too. Love that they were setting all this up with the endless out of control pull-aparts and they pay it off with Joe saying he'll choke a bitch if they don't show the GM some respect. 

I'm curious what others' opinion of Samoa Joe coming in and putting Adam Cole to sleep on NXT is.

I'm kinda split.

On one hand, I don't think Adam Cole should be a main event fixture, a multi-time NXT Champion and never have. I just don't "get" what about him makes him a top guy. I understand how Gargano earned his way there: great tag run with #DIY + major storyline with Ciampa resulting in being positioned as a capable singles guy + awesome underdog performance against Andrade = believable underdog part-time main eventer. 

But Cole? I think you can pretty much mark the decline of NXT as when he started getting pushed stronger and stronger as a "main eventer." Say what one may about Bobby Roode or Drew McIntyre, but at least Roode had achieved some level of main event status in Impact and McIntyre has size. Cole looks like a high schooler. 

So seeing him getting choked out doesn't really bother me because, personally, I've never found him to be the least bit intimidating and I'm not a fan.

But on the other hand, if Samoa Joe isn't cleared to wrestle, him choking out main eventers (even coming from behind to do it) is something that seems like a creative dead-end and, along with Cole only barely beating the untrained Pat McAfee, further solidifies the idea that Cole is a 200-pound high schooler that we're inexplicably meant to believe is also some great top-level talent. Ultimately, I came away from watching those segments wanting to see Samoa Joe kick people's asses and, if that was the goal, that seems counterproductive.

I didn't watch the show but it was booked like they're setting up future matches for him with Kross, Cole and Dunne.  If he isn't going to be cleared eventually and able to work those matches it didn't make sense to tease them

Normally that would lead me to believe they expect him to wrestle again in the not too distant future, but it is WWE so.........

If you stop to think about it, "the boss brings in someone to choke the shit out of his workers who get out of line" sounds like something from Vince's spank bank. After the buzz of Joe's return faded It occurred to me how messed up  the actual story being told is. 

Bumping a main title match from PPV to TV on a day's notice is a normal thing done by normal companies for sure. It's one thing to bump a match that would have been on the pre-show or some other low part of the card, but when you do it with the match involving your show ending angle from last week it comes off as mass confusion.

19 hours ago, MoS said:

This is going to lead to Rey & Dominik v. Roman handicap match inside a cell at the PPV and Roman is going to squash both of them and send Dominik flying through the cell

I hope this goes from Rey vs Roman to Dom vs Roman.

I'm looking forward to the Mysterio family collectively bending the knee.

3 minutes ago, cm funk said:

Alvarez on WOL says they moved the match because Roman didn't want to wrestle on father's day.......

What?

There's no way that can be true, can it?

Even Vince bent the knee,

Seriously, if that's true that's an amazing flex on his part so good for him.