Pro Wrestling Only

What's the Best Steiners match ever?

BigBadMick

I know - it's a bit out of nowhere, but I watched them v Nasty Boys at Havoc '90 last week, and the match thread here had some suggestion of that as their best match ever. Made me realise I'd never sat down and thought about it.

And are the Steiners still regarded as a great team? They certainly were when I started watching in '91......

There are about 5 great Steiners vs. Hase & Partner (Sasaki or Mutoh) matches, the Steiners vs. Hart Brothers match from a Coliseum Home Video VHS tape and the Steiners vs. MVC NWA tag title tournament match from 92 (I think it was a Clash) were also awesome. I guess the answer should be one of those (or the Nasties match).

If WarGames '91 doesn't count, and I suppose for the purposes of a question like this it probably shouldn't, then I'd say vs Sting/Luger from SuperBrawl '91. 

Are they still regarded as a great team? I'd say yes, but that reputation seems to be diminishing over time. I think that in some ways the Big Poppa Pump thing, and really more so the Steiner Math thing, has overshadowed pretty much everything that came before it for the vast majority of fans, so if you asked people for the greatest tag teams of all time, they might not mention the Steiners, but if you asked them if the Steiners were a great tag team, they'd say yes. 

In addition to the matches mentioned, I'm rather partial to the match against the Heavenly Bodies at Summerslam. The Fujinami/Iizuka match from Wrestlewar is worth checking out too, but that's more of a great spectacle due to the Steiners being even more reckless than usual. The Havoc Nasties match would be my #1 pick, though.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:47 AM, Reel said:

Are they still regarded as a great team? I'd say yes, but that reputation seems to be diminishing over time. I think that in some ways the Big Poppa Pump thing, and really more so the Steiner Math thing, has overshadowed pretty much everything that came before it for the vast majority of fans, so if you asked people for the greatest tag teams of all time, they might not mention the Steiners, but if you asked them if the Steiners were a great tag team, they'd say yes. 

This is on the money with the Youtube generation.  Some of yall here might be surprised how many fans nowadays don't even know Scott had a team with his brother.  It's like how they only know Luger for the Lex Express & SUPERBRAWL SATURDAY?!?

As to the actual question: another vote for the Nasties match here!