Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - August 11, 2021

MoS

37 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm selfishly hoping they will do something officially announcing Punk on Friday since I'll be in attendance. 

You will see the Doctor defend her title! Nice!

Dante Martin is RIDICULOUSLY good. The control he has over his body is filthy

This commercial break is out of nowhere lol. 

Also, these title matches are really really weak for PPV. They better be bringing in Punk and Danielson in hot programs. With the exception of Malakai Black, AEW has stunk out the joint with debuts

4 minutes ago, Log said:

They’re trying to sort of retcon the Santana & Ortiz/FTR feud. Now S&O are saying FTR ran after the arm cut, but FTR won that match. They really should’ve called an audible, but whatcha gonna do?

I see it as them trying to find some way to run back a highly anticipated match that got fucked up, yeah it doesn't entirely make sense but if we get to see it again then I can excuse it.

Britt with the road warrior pop, the kind that increases as the wrestler makes their way to the ring. I am sure Sek is happy that his hometown has been so loud tonight, as opposed to what we have heard for literally decades about Pittsburgh being a bad wrestling town

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Britt with the road warrior pop, the kind that increases as the wrestler makes their way to the ring. I am sure Sek is happy that his hometown has been so loud tonight, as opposed to what we have heard for literally decades about Pittsburgh being a bad wrestling town

Yeah we got a bad rap because we don't lap up whatever shit WWE puts out so they labeled us a "bad wrestling town" despite there being decades of history here dating back to Bruno selling out Forbes Field. I mean, the Taker/Foley HIAC match was here. 

Also DMD > Everybody

The Good Brothers are terrible. Absolutely awful. The fact that the Impact deal has meant Impact getting Omega and AEW getting Good Brothers every week makes Tony Khan a dork. 

Oh hey look at QT Marshall being another dork. The last 20 mins have been so meh

Have to think there’s a schmozz to set up a blowoff for Jericho/MJF, plus Bucks/Lucha Bros, Andrade/PAC, Mox/Tanahashi, Black needs a match, etc., and if they decide to do something with Punk off the bat. You also wonder if Dunne re-signs, because if not, he can show up. I think there’s a lot they’re holding steady on because they need to make sure certain things are in place. 

Jericho booking himself into matches where he's getting beat up so him looking like shit in ring makes sense is the kind of booking I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of, but whatever

Stooge boy Cutler for the Elite is amazing, one of my favorite stooges of recent memory

Also enjoying The Elite keeping up with the basketball shit and making it part of their characters now because it apparently pissed off so many nerds online, several weeks running now after the 10 man

Liked Evil Uno and Stu only backed by Cabana.  That's good storytelling.  Cabana would be the one to respect Brodie's wishes, unlike the young boys in the crew

Thought it was a solid show, decent enough.  Some of it felt off kilter, but I think there's definitely a lot of booking on the fly going on here and changing of plans, so it's understandable that a show feels a bit WCW style Nitro klunky at times.  For me personally it's a welcome breath of fresh air

Oh, and sorry Pittsburgh, your crowds still kinda suck.  I found myself very annoyed with the crowd during this show at various points.  Understandable because it was a show with a lot of wrestling involving people who aren't "superstars" but meh overall to that crowd.  Don't go back for a while after this week IMO.......

And to double down on it and go full heel, DMD isn't over with me personally at all, I skip her segments :)

And, just to make sense of that re:  Britt and not to throw unneccesary shade, she just isn't that over with me.  I can't deny she's over in PITT, or that her segments have drawn good ratings.  What I don't understand is why she's so over with everyone but me.  Alvarez is over the moon for her.  I personally don't see it in the sense that for me personally I can think of so many other female wrestlers, active, that I find better in-ring, on mic and also more attractive.  Not saying she's bad in ring (best match involved a better worker and blood), or on the mic (being carried by Tony), or in the looks department (I find Rebel more attractive personally).........wait, maybe I am kinda throwing shade at her :P

Like, I don't watch Stardom on any sort of regular basis, but Giulia is a far superior version of Britt from the little I've seen of her