Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - August 11, 2021

MoS

21 minutes ago, cm funk said:

Oh, and sorry Pittsburgh, your crowds still kinda suck.  I found myself very annoyed with the crowd during this show at various points.  Understandable because it was a show with a lot of wrestling involving people who aren't "superstars" but meh overall to that crowd.  Don't go back for a while after this week IMO.......

I mean....I'll try on Friday, but I'm only one person!

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I mean....I'll try on Friday, but I'm only one person!

Well now I feel like a triple jagoff!!!

Not trying to insult any of the great denizens of Pitt.  I've actually been to Pittsburgh a handful of times in my years.  Lovely city.  Would visit again!!

I didn't watch the show but in regards to Britt Baker, turning her into a borderline face as soon as she won the title is bad and the segments I have seen of hers since winning the title seem like they're being written by Chris Jericho. It's like they learned nothing from why fans didn't buy into her at all in the first year of the company. 

I do wonder if they’re heading towards Omega/Christian/Jungle Boy in a triple threat at All Out because it feels bizarre to run your PPV main event 2 weeks beforehand for a different title. Then again, another part of me still thinks this is all smoke and mirrors and Hangman will still get the shot, his wife’s due date be damned.

The real worry is that they still don’t know what to do with Miro or who to position with him. Jungle Boy feels like the obvious challenger but he’s involved with the Elite at the moment.

You also have to think that the Big Show angle is leading to Shaq coming back in, possibly for something at All Out. Would pop for a training montage of Shaq throwing Solow all around the gym. Now that I think, Ogogo has been missing a while and Big Show had that knockout punch finish, maybe it’s leading to that.

5 hours ago, Stiva said:

I do wonder if they’re heading towards Omega/Christian/Jungle Boy in a triple threat at All Out because it feels bizarre to run your PPV main event 2 weeks beforehand for a different title. Then again, another part of me still thinks this is all smoke and mirrors and Hangman will still get the shot, his wife’s due date be damned.

If you watch IMPACT there's a backburner storyline with Jay White and Kenny Omega that could be flipped into an All Out match too. A lot of moving parts. 

Yeah running your supposed PPV title match on TV ahead of time seems very unlike AEW and makes me think something is afoot. I'm thinking the Elite takes out Christian on Rampage and Kenny's all WHO IS LEFT TO FACE ME AT ALL OUT?  before Cult of Personality hits to blow the arena into outer space. 

15 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah running your supposed PPV title match on TV ahead of time seems very unlike AEW and makes me think something is afoot. I'm thinking the Elite takes out Christian on Rampage and Kenny's all WHO IS LEFT TO FACE ME AT ALL OUT?  before Cult of Personality hits to blow the arena into outer space. 

I just assumed it was because they wanted a big main event for the debut episode of their new Friday show. And it ties-up the loose end of Christian getting a title shot before Punk or Bryan come in. Also, we know it'll be a good match, which isn't nothing. 

But I certainly wouldn't be AGAINST a big huge debut happening & getting the wrestling community frothy at the mouth & actually being excited for wrestling again. While WWE runs some more rematches & 50/50 booking with Goldberg in the SummerSlam main event... 

10 hours ago, strobogo said:

I didn't watch the show but in regards to Britt Baker, turning her into a borderline face as soon as she won the title is bad and the segments I have seen of hers since winning the title seem like they're being written by Chris Jericho. It's like they learned nothing from why fans didn't buy into her at all in the first year of the company. 

The impression i get is they're trying to make her above the whole face/heel dynamic, sorta like Flair originally was in his first few title reigns.  Realistically i'm not sure you could have kept her full heel too long anyway so that might be best?

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't have Britt heel on her hometown crowd. If it was WWE, they would have had her come out in a Ravens jersey and blow her nose with a Terrible Towel. Truth be told, I can't think of a compelling reason to not make her a full-fledged babyface, especially if she's going to be a long-term champion. Turning heels who become popular with fans by having them do the things that got them over to heels instead of babyfaces is like Pro Wrestling 101.