Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2021

KawadaSmile

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest thing from watching Smackdown yesterday is why in the world would you want Cena to win tonight.   If Cena wins not only is he planning on being a Brock Lesnar type champion that only appears at Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania but Reigns is leaving the company.     and Reigns is the heel in this match?    Granted it pretty much ensure that Reigns is winning so this is kind of a moot point.    Cena in this feud has been his most Hogan like ever in the sense he is supposed to be love but he is a complete asshole 

SummerSlam has its work cut out for it tonight to come anywhere near last night's Rampage or tomorrow night's NXT TakeOver.

WWE gonna WWE by seemingly making the Reigns-Cena result a foregone conclusion with that dopey retirement stip.

At most, there's mild speculation that Roman might be going "nope" to all of the super-spreader anti-vax morons in the locker room and getting the hell out of that Covid dumpster. (I don't see that happening though.)

But yeah, Cena has been a complete douchebag in this feud - I forgot how unbearable and counterproductive his dickhead face shtick was - so I'm not rooting for him either. 

According to PWInsider, Sasha is expected to be unable to perform. Yet here they are hyping it as if it's a done deal. Blatant false advertising is pretty far down on the list of shitty WWE business practices, but it isn't something people should simply shrug their shoulders over. I hope they replace her with Carmella or Zelina just so I can see the live crowd lose their shit. They'll likely set a record for CM Punk chants in both volume and duration.

By the way, they should put the belt on Cena. WWE needs a champion who can actually draw.

4 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I am guessing Sasha will be there. Being an anti-vax lunatic isn't a dealbreaker to anyone high up in WWE.

No, but her being a one person super spreader event would be.

As nutty as the company can be, they do seem to be serious about making sure everyone gets vaxxed or if they don't to make sure they are taking all the proper precautions. That's the whole reason Drake is gone, he wouldn't follow the protocol and was told GTFO.  

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

No, but her being a one person super spreader event would be.

But she returned, what, a few weeks ago? Very stupid of WWE not to make sure she was vaxxed before putting her back on TV if that's their policy now (and I still doubt it is).

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

But she returned, what, a few weeks ago? Very stupid of WWE not to make sure she was vaxxed before putting her back on TV if that's their policy now (and I still doubt it is).

They don't require vax, just encourage it, and if you don't get it you have to follow their procedures (masks and whatnot). 

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If Sasha's not there, who wants to bet they'll pull Bianca too and just act like the match was never announced.

I mean, that's probably the best move if she's not there. Not only would any replacement have a lesser match, the crowd would take a giant shit on it. 

But Becky would definitely have to win, cutting off Bianca's reign. 

Then again, I assumed Bianca was dropping it tonight anyway.

I don't know that I see Becky agreeing to something so last-minute that obviously only came together in the past couple of days.

Plus, babyface vs. babyface does her no favors.

I guess we'll find out.

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

It'll be interesting to me to see if WWE hot shots anything tonight in response to how popular Punk returning last night was. Let's not act like they're not petty enough to do so either.

Miz has already promised a surprise from a water truck.