Pro Wrestling Only
Autistic Dragon

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (v3)

MACW TV 

Friday September 17th 1986

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone 

Ring Announcer: David Crockett 

From the Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, SC

(The show opens with footage from last weeks show in Norfolk. Scenes include The Midnight Rockers brawling with the Andersons, The Road Warriors nearly decapitating Buzz Sawyer with the Doomsday Device, Nikita Koloff becoming the NEW NWA United States Champion & Finally Tully Blanchard interfering in the main event helping Ric Flair defeat Randy Savage & establishing himself as the newest Horsemen. We then see the opening montage set to "The Hit" by Richard Myhill followed by the joint NWA/MACW logo before cutting to Caudle & Schiavone)

BC: Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling,Wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance, The very finest pro wrestling in the world. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone & Tony the response to the return of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling has surpassed all expectations.

TS: You're excactly right Bob. Mid-Atlantic has been basically the talk of the wrestling world for the past week especially since the events in Norfolk. Tully Blanchard emerging as the newest Horsemen helping Ric Flair win another shot at Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Hawk. Nikita Koloff answering Kerry Brown's open challenge & becoming the new NWA United States Champion to the shock & frankly the dismay of just about everyone. We'll see him in action later this hour as well as the masked man known as Lucifer who has been causing chaos with his seeming allies The Powers of Pain & The Great Kabuki. Also we'll hear from the now fully powered Four Horsemen, I'm sure they'll have a lot to say.

BC: They usually do but before all that we start today's episode with the long awaited debut of Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston, Spartanburg Vice!

Match #1

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) defeat Cruel Connection (Gary Royal & George South in masks) when Bryant slammed CC#1 then tagged in Winston who came off the second rope with a elbow for the win. Big "hometown" pop.

*Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the MACW live events for the coming week.

(We return to footage from last weeks episode showing the arrival of "Lucifer". A voice-over from Caudle tells us this is after the show went off the air. We see Luger trying to fight back with the crowd's support but he's cur off by the "Asian mist" from Kabuki & a shot with the NWA World Television Title belt by Lucifer. We then see footage from Norfolk where the masked man aligned himself with the Powers of Pain. We cut to Caudle joined by Lex Luger)

BC: Wrestling fans with me is the NWA World Television Champion Lex Luger. Lex congratulations are in order but I don't imagine you've been in a celebratory mood.

LL: Bob Caudle i haven't had even tried to celebrate this title win because all I've been able to think about is those 2 freaks jumping me after I won fair & square. Well Lucifer i don't have the patience to spend weeks or months playing detective trying to figure out who you are so i went to the matchmakers & we arrived at a agreement, next week in the main event its me & you this title vs your mask! I'm putting a end to this before it even starts. (Luger storms off)

BC: Well wrestling fans there you have it. Lex Luger wasting no time trying to find the real identity of Lucifer. Speaking of whom he's in action right now let's send it to the ring.

Match #2

Lucifer w/The Great Kabuki & The Powers of Pain defeats Curtis Thompson after hanging him in the "Tree of woe" then going to the opposite corner & charging back across with a knee. Caudle & Schiavone both agree there's something familiar about the man but can't put their fingers on it. (Or so they say,one gets the feeling however they're afraid to say who they're thinking of)

Commercial+Promo for tomorrow night in the Dorton Arena in Raleigh,NC 

(We return to thunderous boos as Caudle is joined by the Koloffs. Nikita is gripping the United States title by the end of one strap causing the other to drag across the ground)

BC: Wrestling fans I'm joined by...(Ivan yanks the mic towards him)

IK: This people know who Koloffs are Comrade Caudle & they know that nephew Nikita is rightful NWA World Heavyweight Champion still. At Beach Brawl rules say clearly that winner is one who make opponent say "I Quit" (Ivan stares directly into Caudle's eyes) Did nephew Nikita quit comrade Caudle? (Ivan asks politely enough but the look on Nikita's face makes it clear Caudle had best choose his words carefully. With a gulp Caudle answers)

BC: N-no Nikita did not quit.

IK: And yet corrupt NWA officials steal Nikita's title & hand to handpicked puppet Magnum T.A. Nikita never quit so Nikita is still true Champion.

BC:(casts a nervous glance Nikita's direction) With all due respect your nephew passed out...

IK: Nonsense! Nikita was merely using advanced escape technique because Magnum try to hang Nikita like common criminal. Magnum T.A should be in prison but that is beside the point. Nikita was preparing to free himself when referee stop the match because their ignorant American mind couldn't comprehend superior Russian strategy. 

(Ivan looks set to continue but Nikita pulls the mic his way)

NK: Magnum T.A...Nikita will not deny you are great athlete...one could almost forget you are American. But you know you did not beat Nikita. You know you CAN NOT defeat Nikita. You KNOW you are but paper champion. And until you give Nikita rightful rematch Nikita will hold this (holds up U.S,title) hostage. Nikita will crush all American who try to take this title until their are no others but you & Nikita & then Magnum...then Nikita will break you & spirit of America once & for all! 

BC: Strong words from a strong man. Let's send it to the ring. 

Match #3

"The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord defeats Mick Foley with a spear.

Commercial+Promo for Raleigh.

(Caudle is standing with the Midnight Rockers. They hype their pair of one-on-one matches with the Andersons in Raleigh & if they win both they get a United States Tag Title shot next week in Greensboro)

Match #4

"Bad" Leroy Brown defeats Sean Royal with a big splash.

Commercial+promo for Raleigh 

BC: Wrestling fans tomorrow night in Raleigh there will be a 6 man gauntlet with the winner challenging my guest Eric Embry for the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship next week in Greensboro. Mr Embry any comments.

EE:(Rolls his eyes) First of all Bob Caudle I am "Flamboyant" Eric Embry & I will be addressed as such. Second the fact that this gauntlet is happening is a disgrace cause ain't none of these clowns deserve a chance at the most Radiant Champion in the NWA. (Embry's smug expression falls as a chant of "crybaby" breaks out)

BC: With respect this gauntlet has some of the finest Jr Heavyweight talent in the world. Listen to these names. El Santo Negro, Chris Benoit,Denny Brown,Chick Donovan,Johnny Ace & Gary Royal.

EE: Well Chick & Gary are my kinda guys, I might not mind having to share a ring with either of them. But the rest are just 1 big joke. A Mexican jumping bean in a Halloween mask, A Canadian midget i never heard of, A guy about as "exciting" as watching paint dry &... wait who was the other guy again?

BC: Denny Brown who...

EE: Oh Yeah him. He's a...wrestler...I guess? Look the fact is not one of em has the talent, the charisma & especially not the look to replace me at the head of this division. Get used to this face Caudle. You'll be seeing a lot of it. (Embry leaves with the chants of "crybaby" louder then before)

BC: Quite a character isn't he? Let's send it to the ring.

Match #5

Chris Benoit w/JR Foley defeats Mike Jackson with a bridging German suplex. After the bell Foley buried Jackson under the Canadian flag.

Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the card for tomorrow night in Raleigh.

6 man gauntlet to challenge for the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship next week in Greensboro. Participants. El Santo Negro,Chris Benoit w/JR Foley,"Downtown" Denny Brown,"Golden Boy" Chick Donovan,"Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace & "Gorgeous" Gary Royal 

Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) vs The Powers of Pain(The Barbarian & The Warlord) w/Lucifer 

If the Midnight Rockers win both matches they get a NWA United States Tag Title match in Greensboro.

Marty Jannetty vs Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon 

Shawn Michaels vs Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon 

Main event 

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) w/"Precious" Paul Ellering vs The Four Horsemen ("Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard) w/JJ Dillon & Baby Doll 

Bell time 7:30pm Tickets still available!

(We return to Caudle joined by the entire Four Horsemen. Flair welcomes Blanchard & Baby Doll says their addition takes the Horsemen from "unbeatable" to "untouchable". Blanchard says he's looking forward to teaming with Ric to "give those face painted freaks a wrestling lesson tomorrow night" The Andersons insist that their draw against The Midnight Rockers last week was a fluke. Tomorrow night they'll prove that when they're focused "those teenyboppers can't last 10 mins one-on-one or in a tag" They then call out NWA World Tag Team champions Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams 'it's time we take our rightful place at the top of the tag team world" They all throw up 4 fingers then leave laughing)

Main event 

Non title

"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff w/Ivan Koloff defeats Mr Wrestling 2 with repeated Russian Sickles only the first of which was truly necessary. Medics tend to MW2 as Caudle & Schiavone urge fans to tune in next week when MACW airs from Albany James H. Gary Sr. Civic Center in Albany,GA!

Term of the Week: "Advanced Escape Technique". Pure GOLD! :lol:

With a cheeky grin, I'm wagging my finger, DeNiro-style, at Lucifer. From Goodfellas: "You may know who we are, but we KNOW who you are." Lex is wasting no time either. I'm all in.

Nikita remains one of the great top killing machine heels in all of Dawn of War, and proves it again in tonight's main event. Good stuff.

Really good show with a true MACW feel.  Last year youtube had the entire 1985 MACW season and this was spot on.  The matches were filled with midcard guys but the stories for the big stars was hyped through the opening montage and interviews.  Great job.  If anyone wants to see some great wrestling from the territory days, see if this is still on youtube.

The Koloffs gave a great promo and hype we see a big rematch between Nikita and the champ. 

Good job getting some attention for the JR HW's.  Benoit is just about ready to become a star. 

MACW.... 4 Horseman... All is right in Dawn of War!

Looking forward to Greensboro!

I can totally hear Bob Caudle's voice as I read. Bob is a class act.

Spartanburg Vice make their long awaited in ring debut. I'm expecting big things from these guys. I also have to mention the Cruel Connection LOL, brings back old WTBS TV memories. 

Luger is wasting no time in taking care of this Lucifer business. However,  he better watch out for POP and Kabuki. 

LOL, that explanation by Uncle Ivan was classic. Nikita gives a heated promo as well. I believe him when he says he's keeping the US belt hostage. 

Huge opportunity for the Midnight Rockers but huge task in beating both Andersons in singles matches. 

"Crybaby" Embry doesn't seem to worried about the winner of the gauntlet match. I would love to see an Embry/Denny Brown match. 

Speaking of the Jr. division, Benoit is coming on strong under the tutelage of Foley. 

Love that you're using the "Hart's Afire" name. 

All is right in MACW as the Horsemen are united. Their promos during this time were so damn good. 

WOW! Nikita looks like a beast as he literally takes out MACW legend Mr. Wrestling 2. Talk about serious heat. 

Great show! Can't wait for Raleigh.  

MACW Live @ the Dorton Arena in  Raleigh,NC   (9/18/86)

6 Man Gauntlet match (winner challenges Eric Embry for the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship in Greensboro)

Round 1

"Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace defeats "Golden Boy" Chick Donovan with the "Ace Crusher" 

Round 2

Chris Benoit w/JR Foley defeats Johnny Ace with a Tiger Suplex.

Round 3

Chris Benoit defeats "Downtown" Denny Brown when Foley hit Brown with his army helmet behind the referee's back.

Round 4

El Santo Negro defeats Chris Benoit when Foley tried to use his helmet again but accidentally hit Benoit instead!

Final round 

El Santo Negro defeats "Gorgeous" Gary Royal with a La Magistral cradle. El Santo Negro challenges Embry in Greensboro! Santo is celebrating when Embry comes out of the crowd & nails him with the title! Embry makes like he's leaving but thinks better of it & delivers a PILEDRIVER ON THE TITLE! Officials rush to check on Santo as Embry leaves to deafening boos.

Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) defeat The Powers of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) w/Lucifer by DQ when Lucifer attacked Bruce while he had Warlord in the "Hartbreaker" Leglock. We get a 3-2 for a bit until Lex Luger runs down to even the odds. The Hart's regroup & help Luger clear the ring. Lucifer & P.O.P regroup with Kabuki making his way down but after seeing Luger & The Hart's ready to continue the fight Lucifer decides to lead his men away.

If the Midnight Rockers win both matches they recieve a NWA United States Tag Team Title match in Greensboro.

Marty Jannetty defeats Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon by c.o when dropkicked Anderson over the top rope & Anderson couldn't answer the 10 count.

Shawn Michaels defeats Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon by countering a Gordbuster attempt into a inside cradle for a surprise 1..2..3! Ole was so pissed Dillon had to restrain him from decking the ref!

(The arena explodes as "Ironman" roars over the pa system. The Horsemen come down to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" wearing matching sequence robes with "Four Horsemen" across the back. Mostly boos but some cheers mainly from teenage boys & single women)

The Four Horsemen ("Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard) w/JJ Dillon & Baby Doll defeat The Road Warriors (Animal & Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Hawk) w/"Precious" Paul Ellering.

A wild finish sees all 4 men in the ring (Animal & Blanchard are legal) Hawk & Flair are brawling in the corner with the ref trying to separate them... Dillon tries to enter the ring but is pulled off by Ellering & we get a chase around the ring... Animal military pressed Blanchard but Baby Doll sneaks in & uppercuts him square in the uprights! Hawk knocks Flair to the floor & follows him out. This proves a mistake as it allows the ref to see Blanchard to barely get Animal with a slingshot suplex for the win. Blanchard & Flair continue to attack the Road Warriors after the bell with The Andersons coming down & joining in with even Ellering taking some hits. The Midnight Rockers try to make the save but Dillon starts wracking guys with his shoe. The Horsemen continue the beatdown focusing largely on Hawk. Suddenly the crowd goes crazy as RANDY SAVAGE RUNS DOWN SWINGING A CHAIR! THE HORSEMEN HIT THE FLOOR AS SAVAGE SWINGS FOR THE FENCES! Savage grabs the mic.

"Hey Blanchard! Bet you felt pretty slick last week huh? Yeah bet you felt like a real big man helping your new boyfriend get one over on the Macho Man. But what you've really done is place yourself smack dab IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANGER ZONE!!! You see i talked to guys in charge and got it signed,sealed & delivered. Next Week in Greensboro it's Tully Blanchard 1-on-1 with the Macho Man Randy Savage! Enjoy these next 7 days Blanchard because they're all you've got left"

Savage throws the mic down as the fans are losing their minds! Blanchard is also losing his mind but for a decidedly different reason! 

As I said before, really excited about the attention you are giving to the JR HW division.  Embry added to the heat here and the match with El Santo Negro now has the fans attention.

The Harts better be careful... Lucifer is one dangerous dude!  Great contrast in styles here in this match.  Like how you brought in Lex for the brawl as this is the top of guy who could deal with the P.oP.

Love the Stipulations for the MIdnight Rockers and the pulled it off!  They better be ready for the Andersons but they would also make great champs!  Looking forward to seeing where this one goes. 

What a Main Event!!

As I told you elsewhere, I really enjoyed the work you did picking up the ball and running with it in Texas and I have to say you are doing the exact same thing here!

That Koloff's promo was freaking fantastic, and Ivan giving his explanation before Nikita brought the scary was just a perfect combo.

Luger dealing with the oddball stable should be a lot of fun.

The Horseman riding high is appropriate, and The Road Warriors may need better help that the Rockers to get the job done in fighting them.

Awesome job with Embry. I really only remember him as the "World Class Savior." But he seems like such a sleazy peckerhead even then, that this roll is pretty much always how I envisioned him!

A fast-paced gauntlet fits the junior heavyweights so well! I'm glad the Rockers are getting a title shot, it should be a good match. Amazing action in the main event! As if the Horsemen versus the Road Warriors wasn't exciting enough, Randy Savage and the Rockers make it ten times as explosive!