Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (v3)

Autistic Dragon

Excellent promo from the Andersons, I'm excited for them to be the NWA World Tag Champs!

Missing Link continues to be a great fit with Kevin Sullivan.

Huge win for the Vice, POP have seemed to fall on hard times lately.

Onward to Raleigh!

Some great match ups in this US Tag Title tournament, The Commonwealth take the titles! This will throw even more gas on Foley's fire!

Luger vs. Link turns into a melee that I'm sure us setting the table for even more insanity real soon!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MACW House Show results for 11/7/1986

MACW Live @ Hampton Roads Coluseam in Hampton VA

"Dandy" Don Bass defeats a local talent with a lariat.

Rocky King defeats Savanah Jack with a DDT.

The Barbarian defeats Billy Two Eagles with a big boot.

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) defeat The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov) with the "Spartanburg Special" to Ustinov.

Missing Link defeats "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel following interference from The Barbarian.

Road Warrior Animal defeats "Prince of Australia" George Barnes (no Foley) with a powerslam.

Steel cage match 

"Handsome" Harley Race & "Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth defeat Four Horsemen (Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard) w/JJ Dillon & Baby Doll when Race countered a figure four attempt into a inside cradle! After the bell Race grabbed the house mic and challenged Flair to a match for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship!

MACW Live @ Civic Center in Roanoke VA

Mike "Action" Jackson & Mick Foley wrestle to a 10 minute time limit draw.

Dirty Rhodes defeats "Pretty" Paul Roma with a "Bionic Elbow"

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday defeats George South with "Air Africa"

"The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord defeats The Warlord with a spear.

Kevin Sullivan defeats "Downtown" Denny Brown with the "Devil Stomp"

The Posse (Dick Slater, Black Bart & Bobby Jagers) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr & Norvell Austin) when Bart pinned Conway with the "Texas Trash Compacter"

MACW Live @ Asheville Civic Center in Asheville NC 11/9/1986

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab defeats a local talent with a Flying Bodypress.

The Hangmen (Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) defeat Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma)

The Assassin defeats Mad Dog Vachon with a loaded headbutt.

"Dangerous" Dan Spivey & Missing Link fought to a double DQ.

The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov) defeat The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) when Koloff hit Michaels with the chain behind the referee's back.

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) w/"Precious" Paul Ellering defeat Spectral Hand (Kevin Sullivan & The Great Kabuki) with the "Doomsday Device" on Kabuki.

A fun follow-up to Halloween Havoc ... and one that lead into a tag team tournament! In my heart, I wanted the Rockers to go the distance but the Commonwealth are a solid pick for US Champs. A territory that can put Harley Race, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard in the main event seems unstoppable!

Yet another fun Mid Atlantic loop.

Spartanburg Vice gets some payback on Red Tide for that time Red Tide beat them and buried the Russian flag on them. 

Barbarian better be ready because I'm sure Wahoo wont let that interference slide. 

DAMN! Savage and Race vs. Tully and Flair in the cage! Awesome! Now we're going to get Flair/Race! 

Gaylord picks up another big win, this time over Warlord.

Posse win a round against Brutha's. Great heat filled match to end the night. 

Spivey vs. Link has the potential to be one crazy hard hitting feud. 

The fans get to see a wild match between Road Warriors and Spectral Hand. 

I really enjoyed your tv show this week.  I thought your Ole Anderson impression was spot on!  Well done.  I hope you have as much fun with JR Foley as I did.  There is some great video of him up in Stampede with Stu Hart on youtube.  He was an interesting character.  Also, nice job with Kevin Sullivan.  He is sometime hard to write for but you are making it look easy!  I liked Norvel Austin in a match.  This idea gives Spivey someone who knows what he is doing to work with, and you are not upsetting Austin but making him go down in jobber-like fashion.  

Can't wait for our next big event!

WWE News: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Added to Peacock, Shotzi &  Nox on Smackdown Debut, Latest UpUpDownDown | 411MANIA

MACW TV 11/12/1986

On Commentary:Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone 

Ring Announcer:David Crockett 

Airing on WTBS Channel 17 from the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 

(The show opens with footage from last weeks show in Raleigh. We see highlights showing The Midnight Rockers & The Commonwealth's path to the finals before seeing The Commonwealth winning with the help of JR Foley becoming the new NWA United States Tag Team Champions. We then cut to the opening montage set to "The Hit" by Richard Myhill before going to Caudle & Schiavone ringside)

Throwback Thursday: NWA Clash of the Champions I, As Seen on WWE Network |  WWE Network News

BC:Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, professional wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone and Tony we're a bit over 2 weeks away from the NWA's Thanksgiving Extravaganza, Starrcade.

TS: That's right Bob and what a event it's shaping up to be. All 3 NWA World titles will be defended as well as each territory making their own contributions and you better believe the head of each territory is determined to make sure they're the ones making the best match on the card. Tonight the Mid-Atlantic portion will begin to take shape as Nikita Koloff will be out here with a announcement regarding his NWA United States Championship. Also Mid-Atlantic has been granted the honor of sending one of our own to challenge the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Butch Reed, we'll tell you how the challenger will be determined later this broadcast.

BC: That's some exciting news Tony but before we get to far ahead of ourselves we've got a great night of wrestling in store for you tonight and it's time to head to the ring for our first match.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats The Executioner with the "Octopus Hold"

Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the MACW House Shows for the coming week 

(We return to see Caudle joined by the entire Red Tide)

BC: Wrestling fans my guests at this time (Nikita snatches the mic away mid-sentence)

NIKITA & IVAN KOLOFF WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO NWA WWWF | eBay Soldat Ustinov – Online World of Wrestling

NK: No introductions necessary Comrade Caudle, even the most ignorant American can recognize the superior Russian athletes of The Red Tide. Perhaps you think having Botch Reed as your Champion means the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is safe from Nikita...but is not so. Botch Reed can only deny inevitable. Nikita WILL be NWA World Heavyweight Champion once again. But now Nikita wishes to talk about Starrcade to be held on most disgusting of American holiday, Thanksgiving. While countless spoiled Americans gather in their decadent homes, gorging themselves on the fruits of others labor, patting themselves on the back for how your ancestors stole land from the very people who saved their wretched lives. Nikita will be in the Omni in the pathetic American city of Atlanta issuing a open challenge to anyone in the entire National Wrestling Alliance who thinks they can take the United States of America Championship from Nikita. Who answers matters not as none can take this title from Nikita just as none can halt the rising of The Red Tide as Uncle Ivan & Comrade Ustinov shall demonstrate.

The Red Tide defeat The Interns with a double Russian Legsweep on Intern #2

Commercial for Halloween Havoc 86 coming soon from NWA Home Video 

(We return to footage from Halloween Havoc showing Randy Savage & Tully Blanchard's quarterfinal match ending in a double c.o.  We then cut to Caudle joined by Randy Savage & Ms Elizabeth)

BC: Wrestling fans as you just saw my guest at this time "Macho Man" Randy Savage met with his fierce rival Tully Blanchard in the quarterfinals of the tournament at Halloween Havoc where tensions boiled over leading to a double c.o. Well Randy, tomorrow night in Charlotte it's you & Tully one more time but this time it's 2-out-of-3 falls with the winner challenging Butch Reed for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade. 

WWE News: Hulk Hogan not entirely impressed with Viceland's documentary on  Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth

RS: You know Bob Caudle. Ever since Tully Blanchard arrived & joined up with the Horsemen he's made it his mission in life to be the thorn in the Macho Man's side yeah, been bound & determined to keep the Macho Man from reaching the mountaintop ain't ya? Well let explain something to ya Blanchard, You may tell yourself you're some kinda gatekeeper deciding who gets to hold the gold but all you really are is just something in the Macho Man's way YEAH so what's gonna happen tomorrow night is real simple, The Macho Man is gonna beat your ass 2 straight then it's on to bigger & better things. Butch Reed you better believe that the Macho Man has all the respect in the world for you. No question you earned the right to lift the ten pounds of gold after giving one of the greatest performance the Macho Man has ever seen. But make no mistake, if beating you is what it takes to become NWA World Heavyweight Champion then all the respect in the world don't mean a damn thing. I will defeat Tully Blanchard, I will become NWA World Heavyweight Champion & if have ANY doubts watch what the Macho Man does to this chump in the ring 

"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth defeats Mick Foley with the "Savage Elbow"

Commercial+Promo for Starrcade 86 from the Omni in Atlanta.

BC:Wrestling fans welcome back and my guest at this time...woah woah you're not scheduled to be out here! (Kevin Sullivan grabs the mic from Caudle and throws him a glare that quits any further decent)

1210649418_KevinSullivan85.jpg.119743f5f9c0cd55652725c7c7b781ab.jpg

KS: I don't have time to argue with you Cawdle I'm on a devine mission. Ya see i was prepared to draw this out till it ceased to amuse me but the higher powers had different plans. I received a vision. Abudadeen appeared before me, The lady with the third eye on his left & the Snake Master on his right. They have decreed it is time to end this insignificant conflict and move on to more worthy challenges. So Luger, McDaniel, Spivey grab any 2 sacrificial lambs you can find and bring them to Starrcade for that has been determined to be the site of the final battle as we lay all our enemies low (Sullivan pauses before breaking out in a smile far too big for his face) in WARGAMES!!! (Sullivan walks away cackling madly while a shaken  Caudle can barely be heard sending us to the ring for our next match)

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat Cruel Connection with a double dropkick on Cruel Connection #1

Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the card for tomorrow night in Charlotte NC 

Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma) vs Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston)

"Hangman" Bobby Jagers vs Savanah Jack 

Falls count anywhere match 

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday vs Mad Dog Vachon 

"The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord vs Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan 

The Assassin vs Black Bart 

"The Unpredictable" Dick Slater vs Norvell Austin 

"British Magician" Steve Wright & Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) vs The Commonwealth (George Barnes, Johnathan Boyd & Chris Benoit) w/JR Foley 

2-out-of-3 falls match. Winner faces Butch Reed for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth vs Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll 

Bell time 7pm. Tickets still available!

(Before the main event gets underway Caudle informs the fans that due to pinning Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair during a tag match in Hampton Virginia during last weeks tour Harley Race will challenge for that title next week in Norfolk)

"Handsome" Harley Race defeats "Dandy" Don Bass with a piledriver.

Harley Race (@8XNWAChampion) / Twitter

MACW Live @ "Old" Charlotte Coluseam in Charlotte NC 11/13/1986

Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma) defeat Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) when Roma pinned Bryant with his feet on the ropes.

"Hangman" Bobby Jagers defeats Savanah Jack with a running elbowdrop.

Falls count anywhere 

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday defeats Mad Dog Vachon with "Air Africa" off the ring apron to the floor!

""The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord defeats Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan by DQ when Sullivan entered the ring & attacked Gaylord in front of the referee. They delivered a 2-1 beatdown until the Renegade Warriors ran down with baseball bats sending the 2 madmen into retreat. Chris then grabbed the house mic and informed everyone that he & his brother had just signed up for Wargames!

Black Bart defeats The Assassin with the "Texas Trash Compacter"

'The Unpredictable" Dick Slater vs Norvell Austin ends in a Double C.O 

"British Magician" Steve Wright & Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) defeat The Commonwealth (George Barnes, Johnathan Boyd & Chris Benoit) w/JR Foley when Wright countered a Benoit German suplex attempt into a O'Connor roll with a bridge.

2-out-of-3 falls match. Winner challenges Butch Reed for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade.

1st fall: Randy Savage pins Tully Blanchard by countering the Slingshot suplex into a inside cradle.

2nd fall: Blanchard wins by c.o after Savage goes for a axehandle from the top rope to the floor but Blanchard moved out of the way sending Savage crashing into the guardrail.

3rd fall: Blanchard pinned Savage after Baby Doll slipped her "loaded" purse into the ring.

Tully Blanchard is heading to Starrcade!

Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll | Tully blanchard, Pro wrestling, Wrestling

Tis the season for Starrcade! 

Nikita might be the most intimidating man in the NWA but an open challenge match might backfire.

Savage vs. Tully, winner faces Reed at Starrcade for the NWA world title! I'm sold. 

OH SNAP! WarGames is back! This is absolutely the only way to end this well built feud. 

Flair vs. Race, one more time! 

To Charlotte, 

Radiance is building up some nice heat.

Damn, an Air Africa from the apron! I think Kamala has put an end to Vachon. 

WarGames is heating up as the Renegade Warriors throw their name in the hat. Love the continuity from Amarillo. 

Wright works his magic and gets his team the win. I wish I could've seen Foley's face. 

Tully earns his world title shot the hard way by going 3 falls with Savage. The fans were lucky to witness a classic like this. Reed vs. Tully is very intriguing. 

Good job building up Starrcade. 

Great lead up to Starrcade.  I thing you did an awesome job with the promos by Nikta and Sullivan.  Not sure if the NWA ever did an angle on where Wargames came from but it makes since that Sullivan would start it.

Reed vs Tully will we grea.  Looking forward to seeing if Baby Dolll and the loaded purse can take down the champ.

MACW Live @ Municipal Auditorium in Columbus GA 11/15/1986

Mick Foley defeats Mike "Action" Jackson with a schoolboy with a handful of tights.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats Flame with the "Octopus Hold"

"Dandy" Don Bass defeats Mr Wrestling 2 with a lariat after avoiding the kneelift.

"Crippler" Ray Stevens defeats Missing Link by dq when Link delivered a headbutt to the referee for unknown reasons.

The Powers of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) defeat Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) when Barbarian entered the ring illegally & hit Bryant with a big boot behind the referee's back allowing Warlord to pin Winston.

Texas Tornado match 

Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) defeat The Hangmen (Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) when Whatley struck Jagers with brass knuckles when the ref wasn't looking.

MACW Live @ Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium in Fayetteville NC 11/17/1986

Billy Two Eagles defeats Executioner with a backslbackside.

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with "Air Africa"

El Santo Negro defeats The Shadow with a Missle Dropkick.

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats "The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab after rolling through a Flying Bodypress & grabbing a handful of tights.

NWA Television Championship Indian Strap Match 

Kevin Sullivan (c) defeats "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel after interference from The Great Kabuki.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage & The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) w/Ms Elizabeth & "Precious" Paul Ellering defeat The Red Tide (Soldat Ustinov & The Koloffs) when Ivan hit Animal with the Soviet flag in front of the referee. Savage grabbed a chair and sent the Russians to the floor! Many fans reported that Nikita seemed to want to continue the fight regardless of the chair & had to be held back by his uncle & Ustinov!

LOVING this string of shows! Starrcade feels like it's going to be Must Watch TV!

I'm still reeling a bit from Reed winning the gold! But I like the direction. Butch vs. Tully is going to be a different yet intriguing Starrcade main event.

War Games? Yes please. Much less at the biggest show of the year? I'll be front row.

You're really smokin' with this. Enjoying the ride.

Did Mick Foley pull off a win? Yes he did. I will say, he certainly paid his dues this year. 

Powers of Pain get back on the winning track.

Look at that, Brutha's beat the Hangman at their own game. I love this feud. 

Kamala has been a fun monster attraction. 

I'm sure the Pretty Boy and Electrifying One gave the fans a solid work rate match. I've always been a sucker for mid card match ups. 

I know Wahoo wont let Kabuki slide on his interference. 

That was one hard hitting main event. Only Nikita would want to fight a man with a chair. I would pay top dollar to see Savage and Nikita go at it one on one. 

WWE News: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Added to Peacock, Shotzi &  Nox on Smackdown Debut, Latest UpUpDownDown | 411MANIA

MACW TV 11/19/1986

On Commentary:Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone 

Ring Announcer:David Crockett 

Airing on WTBS Channel 17 at 8pm from the WTBS studio in Atlanta GA 

(We see footage from last weeks show in Charlotte focusing on Tully Blanchard defeating Randy Savage in a 2-out-of-3 falls match to earn the right to challenge Butch Reed for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade. We then see the opening montage set to "The Hit" by Richard Myhill before going to Caudle & Schiavone in the booth)

Throwback Thursday: NWA Clash of the Champions I, As Seen on WWE Network |  WWE Network News

BC:Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, professional wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone and Tony we're just 6 days away from the NWA'S Thanksgiving extravaganza, Starrcade said what a phenomenal night of wrestling its shaping up to be. 

TS: It certainly is Bob. Fans as you saw in the opening footage Mid-Atlantic's own Tully Blanchard will challenge "Hacksaw" Butch Reed for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew will defend the NWA World Tag Team Titles in a 3 way elimination match against a team from both Continental Championship Wrestling & Mid-South Wrestling. We can report that CCW will be represented in this match by the team of Mr Olympia & the Junkyard Dog. Mid-South is still finalizing their team. We can also announce for the first time that Eric Embry will defend the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship against Continental's Brad Armstrong. And I'm sure everyone remembers the 2 monumental challenges issued last week on this broadcast, First NWA United States Champion Nikita Koloff threw out a open challenge for anyman in the NWA to come to the Omni to challenge for that championship & this is the big one folks, Kevin Sullivan & The Spectral Hand look to take out all their enemies at once and they plan to do it in Wargames! We'll have a detailed breakdown for the rules of Wargames later this broadcast.

BC: Indeed wrestling fans Starrcade is shaping up to be a absolutely unforgettable night of wrestling but we've got a incredible night of action for you right here tonight! Let's send it to the ring for our opening match.

The debuting Earthquake Ferris defeats Ulrick Hughes with a big splash.
ferris.jpg.034e7a845971fb6af3ca807c26ef907e.jpg

Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the MACW House Shows for the coming week.

(VTR- we see The Four Horsemen,including Dillon & Baby Doll, seated in the lounging area of a local country club. Flair with the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder speaks first. Says tomorrow night in Norfolk it's him & Harley Race for what he vows will be the LAST time. He'll always respect what Race has done for this business but it's time he was forced to get it through his thick skull that his time at the top is truly over, it's the Horsemen era now & for the foreseeable future. Says tomorrow night in Norfolk he's gonna "put that worn down old warhorse out to pasture once & for all". The Andersons are next & Ole is furious about having to defend against 2 teams at once. Says such "cheap gimmicks" are beneath the dignity of the titles & especially the dignity of the Horsemen. Arn fully agrees but makes clear they aren't actually worriedSays the reason Mid-South hasn't declared a team yet is because nobody in the territory wants to face them. He's particularly dismissive of CCW'S pairing of "Special Olympia & the Scrapyard mongrol" who've been a team for all of 10 minutes. Tully finishes for the group saying whatever divine intervention carried Reed to victory at Halloween Havoc won't be enough to save him this time. Says he's looking forward to ending Reed's 5 minutes of fame & putting the 10 pounds of gold around the waist of someone worthy of it. The group laughs while all holding up 4 fingers as the video fades to black)

The Hangmen defeat Cruel Connection after a "Bionic Elbow"/running elbowdrop combo to Cruel Connection #2 

Commercial for Halloween Havoc 86 coming to NWA Home Video.

(Bob Caudle runs down the rules of Wargames. 2 rings will be surrounded by a cage. 2 men will face off for 5 minutes after which teams will take turns sending in a new man every 2 minutes. Once all 10 men are in the cage we enter the "match beyond" which can only be won by submission or surrender. Caudle says he can vividly remember the only other Wargames in MACW history which was won by the Four Horsemen & he's certain this will be equally as memorable)

Kevin Sullivan defeats Mike "Action" Jackson with the "Devil Stomp".

Commercial+Promo for Starrcade 

(VTR- Eric Embry is standing in front of a NWA banner with the Jr Heavyweight title over his shoulder. Says he's been defending this belt with honor since July but has yet to receive the respect due a champion. He's had to deal with jealous fans calling him names like "crybaby" & "cheater". He's barely promoted by any of the territories. All because none of the handpicked favorites can beat him. Well everyone had better get used to it because he's not losing this belt to ANYONE let alone some "no talent daddy's boy"Says when he sends "Baby Boy Brad" home crying maybe he'll FINALLY start getting the respect he deserves. VTR ends)

Mr Wrestling 2 defeats Punisher with the Kneelift.
Mr. Wrestling II - Wikipedia

Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the card for tomorrow night in Norfolk VA

The Gladiators vs Fire & Flame 

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday vs "Crippler" Ray Stevens 

Dirty Rhodes vs Tiger Conway Jr 

"Downtown" Denny Brown vs Missing Link 

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) vs Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma)

Winner gets their team the advantage in Wargames 

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel vs The Great Kabuki 

NWA United States Tag Team Championship 

The Commonwealth (George Barnes & Jonathan Boyd)(c) w/JR Foley vs The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels)

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) w/JJ Dillon vs "Handsome" Harley Race 

Bell time 7pm. Tickets still available.

(Before the main event begins Bob Caudle explains that to give the roster time to recuperate after Starrcade, there will be no episode of MACW TV next week. Events for the week following next Friday shall be advertised locally)

The Assassins (1&2) defeat Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) after Assassin #1 loaded something into his mask before delivering a headbutt to Keith.
Assassins – Online World of Wrestling

MACW Live @ Norfolk Scope in Norfolk VA 11/20/1986

The Gladiators vs Fire & Flame ends in a 10 minute time limit draw.

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday defeats "Crippler" Ray Stevens with "Air Africa"

Dirty Rhodes defeats Tiger Conway Jr with the "Bionic Elbow"

"Downtown" Denny Brown defeats Missing Link by dq when a frustrated Link assaulted Brown with a chair.

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) vs Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma) ends in a Double C.O

Winner gets their team the advantage in Wargames.

The Great Kabuki defeats "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel after a distraction from Missing Link lead to a "Asian mist"/Thrust kick combo.

NWA United States Tag Team Championship 

The Commonwealth (George Barnes & Jonathan Boyd)(c) w/JR Foley defeat The Midnight Rockers after Foley slides a chair into the ring, then while the referee is throwing the chair to the floor slides one of the title belts to Boyd who blasts Jannetty with it. After the bell it's announced that The Commonwealth will be heading to Starrcade to meet The Renegade Warriors in a title unification match!

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship 

"Handsome" Harley Race defeats "Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) w/JJ Dillon when Dillon attempted to hit Race with his shoe but Race ducked & the shoe hit Flair instead! A hard right hand to Dillon & piledriver to Flair later, Harley Race was champ. NEW CHAMPION!!!!!!
Harley Race - 10 Tales on His Tenacity and Strength

Earthquake Ferris literally makes a splash in his debut. 

Once again, the Horsemen are oozing confidence. I'm looking forward to Tully vs. Reed at Starrcade. It really is an intriguing match. 

War Games is going to be off the charts! This feud has been red hot and the blow off is going to be crazy.

Will Embry finally get the respect he deserves? IDK, he's in for a big challenge from Brad Armstrong. 

Mr. Wrestling 2 gets a nice TV win. 

Solid main event as those dirty Assassins take down Hart's Afire. 

Onto Norfolk.

The battle of the masked teams ends in a draw. Gotta book a rematch! 

First Vachon and now Stevens. Kamala is running over the old tough vets. 

Link's behavior always amuses me.

Kabuki gets his team the War Games advantage thanks to Link and the dreaded mist. Wahoo will get another chance at Starrcade. 

Commonwealth get through the Rockers but a huge unification match awaits with the Renegade Warriors. 

WOW! Didn't see that coming! Harley Race defeats Ric Flair for the MACW title!!!! Harley might be getting up there but no doubt he can still deliver. Once again, Harley's the man! I wonder how Flair will respond to this? 

Bring on Starrcade baby! 

Ok guys this is embarrassing but I just realized a title unification match doesn't work for Starrcade since The Youngbloods are already booked for Wargames. So If we can all agree to forget that I promoted it on today's show I promise you'll like it's replacement for Starrcade (also you're definitely getting The Youngbloods vs The Commonwealth eventually)

Strong lead in for Starrcade!

The Commonwealth manage to retain against the Midnight Rockers!

Looks like you've gotten everyone's attention with Harley's victory over Flair for the Mid Atlantic title, it really sets the tone that anything can happen and makes the show appointment television each week, nice job!

MACW Live @ Asheville Civic Center in Asheville NC 11/23/1986

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab vs Savanah Jack ended in a 10 minute time limit draw.

The Barbarian defeats Mr Wrestling 2 with a diving headbutt.

El Santo Negro defeats "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley after avoiding the "Flying Willie" and performing a La Magistral cradle.

"Dangerous" Dan Spivey defeats "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers with a powerbomb.

The Red Tide (Soldat Ustinov & The Koloffs) defeat The Posse (Dick Slater & The Hangmen) when Nikita damn near decapitated Dirty Rhodes with the "Russian Sickle". After the bell Ivan buried Rhodes under the Soviet flag.

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd w/JR Foley by dq when the referee caught Foley tripping Wahoo. Boyd attacks after the bell but is clotheslined over the top rope. Foley clubs Wahoo from behind but it has no effect! Wahoo blocks a right hand before drilling Foley with one of his own. He then sends Foley to the ropes but as he rears back for something Boyd grabs Foley's leg and pull him to safety leaving Wahoo standing tall.

Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship 

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)(c) defeat The Assassins (1&2) when Chris caught Assassin #2 with a sunsetflip from the second rope.