Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (v3)

Autistic Dragon

Savanah superkicks his way to another win. 

Spivey's powerbomb is devastating. 

Hart's and Brutha's are at a stalemate. 

Nobody gets up from Kamala's Air Africa and it takes a lot to put Jaggers down. 

The mist strikes again. 

Thanks to Foley's helmet, the Commonwealth pull out a big win over the Rockers.

Oh man, I had a bad feeling about this. Sullivan comes prepared as a new goon helps him win the TV title. I hope MACW television is ready for this reign of terror. 

The fans get their money's worth with a classic Tully/Harley 45 minute draw. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way that you are keeping your viewers up to date on the happenings regarding Halloween Havoc in the other NWA affiliates.

Gaylord is on a roll here!

Nice usage of the house show footage of the title change, and great intro for The Youngbloods. I'm glad I sent them your way. I think they are going to thrive here!

Harts got real lucky tonight, cause you shouldn't be Afire near propane and propane accesories....

I'd like to have half of the costume budget for Don Bass!! Though the Rock and Roll Phantoms might be my new favorite!!

The Harts and The Brutha's could potentially be a fun feud.

Sullivan outsmarts Luger and takes the Television Title! and based on the description, I think he found The Missing Link to his stable!

Harley and Tully for 45 minutes? That was either the greatest match of all time, or the longest headlock ever! 

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys do with Havoc! Keep up the good stuff!

The Bruthas win a Southern Streetfight against the Hangmen! Big win!

Holy crap! The Youngbloods have taken Mid Atlantic by storm and managed to end the title reign of the Rougeaus....this should get them over HUGE!

Great update on Magnum and Halloween Havoc, luckily most CCW fans wouldn't have have been able to see it to catch the Mr Olympia spoiler for the Southeastern title tournament happening tonight.

I hope Don Bass and Roger Smith are well compensated for all the gear they have to carry around with them lol. Nice job utilizing them to their fullest.

Eric Embry gets a solid win over the veteran Mr Wrestling 2

Great card in Albany! Kamala puts down Jaggers

The mist of Kabuki is becoming a serious problem!

Commonwealth uses the helmet to beat the Rockers!

Yay to Sullivan becoming TV Champ!

Classic main event with Tully and Harley!

Good string of shows as always!

MACW Live @ Greensboro Coluseam in Greensboro NC 10/25/1986

"The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd w/JR Foley with a spear.

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats "Crippler" Ray Stevens with a inside cradle with a handful of tights.

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley defeats Dirty Rhodes with the "Flying Willie"

Non title 

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeats Kevin Sullivan by DQ when the same man from Albany came through the crowd and attacked Wahoo.

Non title Champions vs Champions special attraction 

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)  vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon ended in a 20 minute time limit draw.

Steel Cage Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship 

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/JJ Dillon defeats "Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth when Dillon managed to slip brass knuckles through the chainlink wall.

MACW House Show results for 10/26/1986

MACW Live @ Asheville Civic Center in Asheville NC

"Pretty" Paul Roma defeats a local talent with a diving splash. Gary Royal was seen observing from the aisle way.

Rocky King defeats Punisher with a DDT.

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab defeats Savanah Jack with a Flying Bodypress.

"Gorgeous" Gary Royal defeats "Mr Excitement" Johnny Ace with his feet on the ropes.

"Downtown" Denny Brown defeats Norvell Austin by getting his knees up during a moonsault then pulling Austin into a inside cradle.

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov) with a double dropkick on Ustinov.

NWA United States Championship 

"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff(c) defeats Black Bart by avoiding the "Texas Trash Compacter" & hitting the "Russian Sickle" when Bart pulled himself up.

MACW Live @ Sumter County Exhibition Center in Sumter SC

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/JR Foley & Friday defeats 3 local talents with "Air Africa" on a pile.

"Hangman" Bobby Jagers defeats Tiger Conway Jr with a running elbowdrop.

Chris Benoit w/JR Foley defeats Mad Dog Vachon with a Dragon suplex.

'Dangerous" Dan Spivey defeats Missing Link by dq when Link hit Spivey with a chair during a brawl on the floor.

Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith) defeat Assassins 1&2 when Assassin #2 submitted to Keith's figure four.

MACW Live @ Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 10/27/1986

El Santo Negro defeats a local talent with a Missle Dropkick.

"Dandy" Don Bass defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a lariat.

Missing Link defeats Mr Wrestling 2 when Link hit a snapmare then ran off the ropes delivering a headbut to MW2's kidneys.

Bullrope match 

The Hangmen (Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) with a rope assisted double clothesline to Conway.

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll defeats "The Missouri Tiger" Jeff Gaylord after Baby Doll passed Blanchard her "loaded" purse.

NWA United States Tag Team Championship 

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) w/"Precious" Paul Ellering defeat The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon by c.o when Dillon handed the Andersons their titles then the 3 simply walked away.

MACW continues to deliver some outstanding house shows. 

Renegade Warriors and Andersons defiantly gave the fans a special attraction.

Damn! Flair vs. Savage in a cage! JJ is really earning his money. 

"Pretty" Paul arrives. 

Rockers get back on the winning track by taking down the Russians. 

That Nikita/Bart match must of been hard hitting. 

Harts are having a pretty good run. 

I would've gotten my money's worth with that tag bullrope match. 

Well, Gaylord's streak comes to an end at the hands of Tully. No shame in that.

LOL, I guess I can't blame the Andersons for walking out. Looked like the Road Warriors had their number. 

WWE News: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Added to Peacock, Shotzi &  Nox on Smackdown Debut, Latest UpUpDownDown | 411MANIA
MACW TV 

Friday October 29th 1986

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone 

Ring Announcer: David Crockett 

Airing on WTBS Channel 17 from the WTBS studio in Atlanta GA.

(We see footage from last weeks show in Albany showing Kevin Sullivan winning the NWA World Television Championship with help from the crazed man with the bizarre haircut as well as some of the technical exchanges between Harley Race & Tully Blanchard in route to their time limit draw. We then show footage from Mid-South where NWA President Bill Watts announces that Magnum T.A has had to relinquish the NWA World Heavyweight Championship & the tournament at Halloween Havoc will crown a new champion. Then see the opening montage set to "The Hit" by Richard Myhill before cutting to Caudle & Schiavone in front of a joint NWA MACW logo)
Throwback Thursday: NWA Clash of the Champions I, As Seen on WWE Network |  WWE Network News
BC: Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, professional wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone and Tony we're less than 48 hours away from the biggest wrestling event of the year so far Halloween Havoc!

TS: That's right Bob and we've got some last minute news to share with alall the fans. As you heard in the opening montage Magnum T.A has had to relinquish the NWA World Heavyweight Championship due to the injuries sustained in his tragic accident. We here at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling send our sincerest condolences to Magnum T.A & his family in this troubling time. On a lighter note fans the various promotions of the NWA have been going back-and-forth trying to figure out who would be on commentary for the event & I can report a decision has been made. To ensure impartiality the decision was made to bring in someone not currently affiliated with any NWA territory & once that was decided all sides quickly agreed that there was 1 man who could be trusted to conduct himself with the professionalism this monumental event deserves. As such it's my pleasure to announce that when Halloween Havoc airs live on closed circuit television, the action will be called by the one & only "Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie! (Huge pop)

BC: That's incredible news! Fans if you'you've never heard his commentary Gordon Solie is the most professional...(Caudle trails off as Kevin Sullivan approaches the booth carrying the NWA World Television Championship & being flanked by the madman from the opening montage) *clearly nervous* can we help you gentlemen?

KS: Aren't ya happy ta see me Cawdle? Ain't ya happy to get the first interview with the new NWA World Television Champion? *raises the title to a chorus of boos*

BC: With all due respect Kevin a large part of your victory is due to this Wildman here *points to Sullivan's associate* jumped Luger from behind before the match even started.

KS: Luger should've known to expect the unexpected in this business especially when you throw out a open challenge. If he wasn't prepared that isn't my fault & it certainly isn't the Missing Link's fault. Speaking of Link, it's time for his big debut! *slaps Link on the chest then directs him to the ring*

Match #1

Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan defeats George South with a snapmare followed by a lunging headbutt to the kidneys.

WWF Tuesday Night Titans episode 40: Missing Link, Jesse Ventura & Bobby  Heenan
Commercial+Promo for Halloween Havoc 

(We see a closeup of a hole on a golf course before a ball roll into it. The camera cuts to Tully Blanchard,Baby Doll & JJ Dillon congratulating Ric Flair on "another" hole in one. Flair looks to the camera & says he & Tully decided to get a headstart on the victory celebration. There's not a shadow of a doubt that the people at home are looking at the finals. Tully wholeheartedly agrees, says there's noone with the combination of talent, intelligence & killer instinct to keep either of them from the finals let alone both of them. Dillon pipes up saying October 31st 1986 will go down in history as the night the Four Horsemen claimed dominance over the wrestling business for years to come after adding both the World Heavyweight & World Tag Team Titles. The group then order their catties to collect their clubs before piling into a golf cart)

Match #2

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) defeat Rock n Roll Phantoms with the "Spartanburg Special" to Phantom #1

BC: Ladies & gentlemen my guests at this time are a man who has a chance to claim professional wrestling's most coveted prize "Macho Man" Randy Savage & The lovely Miss Elizabeth! (Savage & Elizabeth enter to a massive pop)

BC: Alright Randy Savage less than 48 hours away from the chance to become NWA World Heavyweight Championship. What is going through your mind?

RS: First & foremost Bob Caudle what's going through the Macho Man's mind is... disappointment *confused murmurs fill the studio as Caudle looks stunned* Let me explain. When this tournament was originally arranged it was to determine the #1 contender. And so the plan was made. Enter the tournament, win the tournament & earn a match with the man with the most credible claim to being the greatest wrestler alive today Magnum T.A! A man the Macho Man has been wanting to step into the ring with for years! And here it was the perfect opportunity to face him not just for personal pride but for the most prestigious prize in all of professional wrestling, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. And now it seems I'll never get that opportunity, never get to answer the question I know we were both asking ourselves, who is the better man? And for that I'm disappointed. But make no mistake Bob Caudle, my disappointment does NOT dampen my determination! I may never get the chance to share the ring with Magnum T.A but with God, these people & this lovely lady as witness on Sunday October 31st 1986 at the Omni in Atlanta Georgia I WILL BECOME NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! (Savage leads Elizabeth away to a thunderous ovation)

Match #3

"Pretty" Paul Roma defeats Mike "Action" Jackson with a diving splash. After the match Gary Royal approached Roma & the 2 left together.
Paul Roma - Wikipedia

BC: Wrestling fans it's time for the face-to-face we've all been waiting for. First let me introduce the NWA World Tag Team champions Ted DiBiase & Steve "Dr Death" Williams! (The champs arrive to a rousing ovation) & the challengers accompanied by JJ Dillon Arn & Ole Anderson, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew! (Thunderous boos) Now gentlemen I'd like to remind you all that by decree of NWA President Bill Watts there is to be physical contact between you.

AA: Don't worry yourself Bob Caudle. We're not gonna do anything & why would we? Everything is going our way, we're the NWA United States Tag Team Champions, we haven't lost a match since Mid-Atlantic returned from hiatus & we're just 2 days away from claiming our rightful place on the top of the tag team mountain as the NWA World Tag Team champions. So why on earth would we do ANYTHING to jeopardize that?

OA: That's precisely right. I've come to expect not being given the credit I'm due but at least give Arn & I credit for not being stupid enough to blow a sure thing. Now don't get me wrong boys you're both among the best wrestlers in the world individually but you're looking at the best TEAM in the world today, tomorrow or any day. And a great team will ALWAYS beat 2 great wrestlers especially when they're as self-centered as you two are. I mean you 2 had to know they'd want to book a tag title match for a event this big but do you prepare for that? No! Ted's already in the World Title tournament & Steve is about to try to get in with this battle royal in a few minutes. Do you clowns not realize that you're looking at possibly 3 matches BEFORE Arn & I even step into the ring. Frankly I've never been sure Steve could count that high but by God Ted I thought you were smarter than that! But you know what? I can't complain. If you two had want to wear yourselves down, possibly against each other might I add, then that's your business. And while you 2 are doing that Arn, JJ & i will be in our dressing room hammering out the perfect strategy to become the NWA World Tag Team champions.

(Williams has been getting progressively pissed throughout the Andersons speeches & looks ready to erupt before Ted puts a hand on his shoulder, gives him a "calm down" gesture & approaches the mic)

TD: Well well boys, you 2 got all figured out don't ya? Got the whole night planned out to the last detail. Yeah there's no denying it Steve & I aren't making it easy for ourselves trying to compete in the tournament & defend our titles on the same night. But what you both fail to realize is this...you don't achieve your potential by taking it easy. You don't reach the mountaintop by taking the low road & you damn sure don't become the very best by ducking a challenge. So yeah we won't be entering our title match at 100% but I trust this man at 30% can still beat 95% of the wrestlers on this planet & he trusts me to do the same. And of course we understand that we may have to face each other in route to the finals just like your boyfriends Tully & Ric may have to face each other & if that happens i give my word, rather it's win, lose or draw when that match is over I will look this man in his eye, shake his hand & get ready to whip your asses! (The Andersons start to advance towards the champions but Dillon pulls them back & with a curt "see you next Sunday boys" leads them away while Caudle hypes the battle royal when we return from this commercial break)

Main event 

"Last Hope" battle royal. Winner claims the final spot in the tournament to crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion at Halloween Havoc. Participants: "Exotic" Adrian Street, "The Great" Al Madril, "Dangerous" Dan Spivey, "The Unpredictable" Dick Slater, Great Kabuki, "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin, Junkyard Dog, "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala, Michael "P.S" Hayes, Robert Fuller, Steve "Dr Death" Williams, Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy & "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

Order of elimination.

Al Madril eliminated by Adrian Street when Madril immediately after the bell rang & was backdropped over the top.

Adrian Street eliminated by Ivan Koloff as he was distracted by Madril throwing a tantrum on the floor.

Great Kabuki eliminated by Dan Spivey 

Dan Spivey eliminated by Robert Fuller after Kabuki illegal reenterreentered the ring & sprayed Spivey with the "Asian mist"

Junkyard Dog eliminated by Kamala 

Wendell Cooley eliminated by Kamala 

Ivan Koloff eliminated by Kamala 

Kamala eliminated by Dick Slater, Jake Roberts & Robert Fuller 

Terry Gordy, Steve Williams, Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin were all eliminated when Gordy & Williams reversed a double suplex attempt by Hayes & Garvin which caused all four men to go crashing to the floor in a frightening visual.

Robert Fuller & Dick Slater eliminated by Jake Roberts. Slater nearly had Fuller eliminated but Roberts came from behind & dumped them both.

Winner & the final entrant in the World Title tournament at Halloween Havoc, Jake "The Snake" Roberts!!!
Interview: Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Maybe the best show of MACW yet.  Your promos were spot on.  I could here Ole in every word you wrote.  Same with Macho Man. 

You did a great job with the build of between the Andersons and Dibiase/Dr. Death.  Can't wait for that match!

Last Hope Battle Royal was a fun read.  Snake has a real shot at this title!

I like how Caudle and TS seemed fine with Solie doing the big show.  I bet they were boiling underneath.

Can't wait for Halloween Havoc

Really good go home show. Love the picture additions. 

Sullivan's new henchman Missing Link has an impressive debut.

LOL, Flair and Tully on the golf course is Horsemen arrogance at its best. 

Macho Man cuts an intense promo and is ready to win the tournament. 

Gary Royal has taken a liking to Pretty Paul. Looks like the start of something. I like how you give your lower card guys something to do. Good way to build future stars.

Man that Ole just knows how to get under people's skin. Things almost get physical which builds more tension. 

Good job with the battle royal. Kamala went on a terror and I thought he was going all the way. In the end, Jake slithers his way into the tournament. 

Halloween Havoc is all set! 

Great Job building up Link before he ever steps in the ring.

Fantastic Savage promo. Definitely could hear the whole thing in his growl!

Anderson's pointing out the flaw in Dibiase and Doc's plan of competing in the tournament AND defending the Tag Titles. You may not like them, but they aren't wrong!

Jake Roberts makes a very intriguing and very dangerous final entrant into the NWA Title Tournament. 

Great Show! Gotta go check out Halloween Havoc now!!

Missing Link is a perfect addition to Sullivan's stable! 

The golf course is the perfect setting for an arrogant Horsemen promo, great stuff!

You've got Savage down to a science

The Last Hope battle royal was the perfect lead in to Halloween Havoc, I liked how feuds and issues were played on like Street/Madril for example, Jake was the right choice to win it.

MACW House Show results for 11/3/1986

MACW Live @ Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats a local talent with what appeared to be a modified abdominal stretch.

"Dandy" Don Bass defeats Mike "Action" Jackson with a lariat.

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab defeats Scorpion with a Flying Bodypress.

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats Mad Dog Vachon with a Brainbuster.

Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship 

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)(c) defeat The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov) when Mark pinned Ustinov with a backslide.

The Posse (Dick Slater, Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr & Norvell Austin) when Conway submitted to Slater's figure four.

MACW Live @ Cumberland County Memorial Arena in Fayetteville NC

"Pretty" Paul Roma defeats George South with a diving splash.

Marty Jannetty defeats Savanah Jack with a Flying Fistdrop.

"Gorgeous" Gary Royal defeats "Stray Cat" Brody Chase with a Rear Naked Choke.

Chris Benoit w/JR Foley defeats Shawn Michaels with a Dragon suplex.

The Barbarian defeats Mr Wrestling 2 with a big boot.

Black Bart vs Missing Link wrestle to a double DQ.

"Total Package" Lex Luger & "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeat Spectral Hand (Kevin Sullivan & The Great Kabuki) when McDaniel pinned Kabuki with a Tomahawk Chop.

Looking forward to seeing what the British Magician can do in Mid Atlantic. 

Good seeing Bassarab racking up wins. I enjoyed writing for him and loved his work in Stampede.

Renegade Warriors continue their hot streak.

Posse get the best of the Brutha's this round. 

Bart and Link is one hell of a fight! 

Luger found the right partner with Wahoo to battle the Spectral Hand. 

MACW keeps on rolling with very realistic house shows!  I am enjoying how you are giving us some many compeitive matches where the outcome is not know just be reading who is wrestling.  It makes it a fun read for me.  Benoit vs Michaels might have been the best match on the card as they continue to grow into superstars.

WWE News: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Added to Peacock, Shotzi &  Nox on Smackdown Debut, Latest UpUpDownDown | 411MANIA

MACW TV 

Friday November 5th 1986

On Commentary:Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone 

Ring Announcer:David Crockett 

Airing from the Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg SC.

(We see a series of still shots showing the highlights of Halloween Havoc. We see shots of all the champions holding up their titles finishing on Butch Reed raising the NWA World Heavyweight Championship high. We then see the opening montage set to "The Hit" by Richard Myhill before going to Caudle & Schiavone)

Throwback Thursday: NWA Clash of the Champions I, As Seen on WWE Network |  WWE Network News

BC:Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, professional wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone and Tony people cannot stop talking about the amazing night of action we had at Halloween Havoc.

TS: And i can't blame them Bob. Halloween Havoc was on of the greatest nights of wrestling i for one ever had the privilege to witness. We here at Mid-Atlantic send our heartfelt congratulations to the NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Butch Reed! We'll be looking forward to having him visit the MACW area as soon as his schedule permits. But fans who you won't have to see is the NEW NWA World Tag Team Champions The Minnesota Wrecking Crew they'll be here later tonight, no doubt they'll have a lot to say.

BC: That they will i have no doubt plus a big announcement regarding the NWA United States Tag Team Titles they currently hold. But before we get to all that let's head to the ring for our opening contest.

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats Mick Foley with a modified abdominal stretch that Caudle called a "Octopus Hold"

-Bob Caudle runs down the MACW House Shows for the coming week.

BC:Wrestling fans welcome back to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and my guests at this time are the new NWA World Tag Team champions, Arn & Ole Anderson, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew! (The Andersons come out each holding a NWA World Tag Title in one hand & a NWA United States Tag Title in the other. They seem to be absolutely relishing the boos from the crowd)

Arn Anderson Reveals How He Got His Ring Name, Talks Working For Bill Watts  | 411MANIA

BC: Gentlemen congratulations are certainly in order...

OA: You're damn right they are Caudle! Week after week The Andersons came out here and told you exactly what we'd do as soon as we got a shot at this belts. We told you it was just a matter of time before we took our rightful place at the top of the tag division and we did exactly that! These belts make it official that Arn & I are the greatest tag team on planet earth so all you nobodies here in (Ole pauses as if trying to recall something, complete with snapping his fingers) tiny little noname town had better start showing us & the rest of the Horsemen the respect we're due!

BC: Well I hate to rain on your parade but there's the matter of the NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

AA: I'm gonna stop you right there Caudle because we know precisely what you're getting at. Ya see folks, these aren't called WORLD titles because it's great for marketing. These belts come with commitments. Ole & myself have to be ready to fly from here to England to Mexico to Japan & back at a moments notice. So as proud as we are to hold these titles we have no choice but give them up. 

OA: And to whoever wins the tournament they've set up tomorrow night in Raleigh just understand, you've got the biggest boots in wrestling to fill. Now if you'll excuse us Caudle The Horsemen ain't done celebrating! (The Andersons leave to massive heat)

Radiance (Gary Royal & Paul Roma) defeat The Gladiators with double neckbreaker on Gladiator #1

Commercial 

Paul Roma
Gary Royal: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)

)Caudle is joined by Royal & Roma. Royal says the moment he saw Roma he knew he'd be a perfect fit for Radiance & Embry & Somers couldn't agree more. Roma says he's relieved to finally find men he can call peers in this business.Says it's just a matter of time till he & Gary bring even more gold to Radiance & prove they're not just the best looking group in wrestling they're also the most talented)

Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan defeats "Stray Cat" Brodie Chase with a jumping headbutt.

WWF Tuesday Night Titans episode 40: Missing Link, Jesse Ventura & Bobby  Heenan

Kevin Sullivan | World championship wrestling, Professional wrestlers, Pro  wrestling

Commercial

(Caudle is joined by Jr Foley. Foley says he was thrilled to see a proper British wrestler earlier in Steve Wright. Says Wright would be a perfect fit for his army but he anticipated that Wright would require proof that it was worth the trouble. So that's why tomorrow night in Raleigh he's taken the liberty to arrange a match between Wright & his prodigy Chris Benoit. He's confident that his leadership shall lead Benoit to victory & that Wright will make the obvious choice afterwards. 

"Dangerous" Dan Spivey defeats The Shadow (Norvell Austin in a mask) with a powerbomb.

spivey.jpg.2ae11381d19892cf7cf47691cacbe9b3.jpg
Commercial-Bob Caudle runs down the card for tomorrow night in Raleigh.

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Tournament First Round

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) vs The Assassins (1&2)

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) vs The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov)

Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith) vs Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr)

The Hangmen (Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) vs The Commonwealth (George Barnes & Jonathan Boyd) w/JR Foley 

Non tournament matches 

"British Magician" Steve Wright vs Chris Benoit w/JR Foley 

"Total Package" Lex Luger vs Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan 

Bell time 7pm. Tickets on sale now!

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) defeat Powers of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) when Winston pulled Warlord into a backslide with a dropkick assist from Bryant.

image.jpeg.03f810a7abb4ede36b779240bb85f082.jpeg

The fans get a nice Halloween Havoc recap. Back before pay per view, I couldn't wait for the follow up TV show from a huge card to see what happened.

Awesome promo from the Andersons. I like how Arn put over the US titles. 

Radiance wants some gold. Roma is such a good fit here.

Link and Sullivan were meant for each other.

Interesting scenario with Foley, Wright and Benoit. 

Spivey's powerbomb is devastating! 

The US tag tournament is stacked! I have to admit, I'm pulling for Whatley and Conway. 

WOW, nice win for Spartanburg Vice over Powers of Pain. 

Another great week in MACW. Looking forward to Starrcade!  

MACW Live @ Dorton Arena in Raleigh NC 11/6/1986

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Tournament First Round matches.

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat The Assassins with a double dropkick to Assassin #1

The Red Tide (Ivan Koloff & Soldat Ustinov) defeat Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & "Big" Lou Winston) when Koloff entered the ring illegally & hit Bryant with the "Russian Sickle" while the ref was escorting Winston out of the ring.

Harts Afire (Bruce & Keith Hart) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) Conway tried to introduce the ring bell but Dirty Rhodes came down to ringside & took it from him. As Conway was arguing with Rhodes Keith came up behind him & performed a O'Connor roll for the win.

The Commonwealth (George Barnes & Jonathan Boyd) w/JR Foley defeat The Hangmen (Bobby Jagers & Dirty Rhodes) following a distraction caused by  Whatley & Conway trying to rush the ring.

"British Magician" Steve Wright & Chris Benoit w/JR Foley wrestled to a 20 minute time limit draw. Fans noticed that Foley was unusually restrained in performance, limiting his involvement to shouting instructions & encouragement to his man. The result is a highly technical match that the fans enthralled by the end. After the result was announced Wright offered Benoit a handshake which was begrudgingly accepted. When Foley extended his hand however Wright simply shook his head & left alone.

tournament semifinals 

The Midnight Rockers defeat The Red Tide when Michaels pinned Ustinov off a "superkick"

The Commonwealth w/JR Foley defeat Harts Afire when Foley passed Boyd a foreign object which he hit Bruce with as Foley distracted the ref.

"Total Package" Lex Luger vs Missing Link w/Kevin Sullivan never got started as Link & Sullivan attacked Luger as soon as he entered the ring. Over the next few minutes The Great Kabuki, The Powers of Pain, Dan Spivey, Wahoo McDaniel & The Renegade Warriors all entered the ring for a pull apart brawl that took the entire security detail to break up.

Tournament Finals

The Commonwealth w/JR Foley defeat The Midnight Rockers. Towards the end Jannetty had Barnes pinned off a cross-body off the top but the referee was trying to separate Michaels & Boyd who were brawling in the corner. As this was happening Foley entered the ring, struck Jannetty with his army helmet, rolled Barnes on top of Jannetty & exited the ring just as Boyd & Michaels spilled through the ropes allowing the ref to turn around & count the 1...2...3!!!

Winners and NEW NWA United States Tag Team Champions: The Commonwealth!
Jonathan_Boyd.jpgGeorgeBarnes.jpgJ.R. Foley – Online World of Wrestling

The fans in Raleigh got their money's worth with that action packed tournament. I liked that all the teams are so evenly matched. 

I was pulling for the Brutha's in Arms but it's all good because their storyline with the Hangmen continues. 

Commonwealth and Rockers make it to the finals. I thought the Rockers would pull it out but thanks to Foley, the Commonwealth are now US tag champs. How fitting LOL. Foley is really going to rub it in now. 

Speaking of Foley, doesn't look like Wright is to keen on him. 

What a brawl between Luger and friends vs. Spectral Hand. I hope we get a gimmick match at Starrcade.

Good job AD! 

So much happening here in MACW!

Great promo from The Andersons! You have to know that they will be keeping an eye on whoever wins those U.S Tag Titles!

Spivey is going to be a contender here soon.

Huge win for the Vice team over the Powers! That has to give them momentum going in!! Though I have to think the Rockers or the Russians are the favorites!

Fantastic giant brawl in the Luger/Link match! Gotta love it when the whole locker room clears out and it's just a giant cluster!!

Did not see the Commonwealth taking home the gold!! Those guys having the U.S. Tag Titles will draw some HUGE heat!!