Pro Wrestling Only

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Blehschmidt

(Taped on Wednesday November 10th, 1986 and airing Saturday November 13th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

and other great stations across the Southeastern United States....

From the Tampa Sportatorium, this is....

lHlY2qX.jpg

Let's head down to ringside, with the voice of Professional Wrestling...

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie and we have a very exciting hour of professional wrestling on tap for you here today. In action will be "Hollywood" John Tatum with his manager Dark Journey. In tag team competition we will see the South Pacific Islanders. There will be a six man bout featuring this Cartel that we saw arrive last week, and as I mentioned at the end of that show last week, former World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund will be on our program today. Backlund has certainly proven to be a polarizing figure in the professional wrestling business these last several years, and it will be interesting to see just which version of Mr. Backlund we are graced with here in Championship Wrestling. Now, let's head to the ring for our opening contest featuring the devilish duo of Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer.

===========================================================================================================

Match #1
-"Maniac" Matt Borne/"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer beat Bucky Blevins/Howie Dewitt when Borne pinned Blevins after a Top Rope Sitting Senton.-

===========================================================================================================

Gordon Solie: I am joined by the winners Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer. Gentleman, last week a challenge was laid out for our event tomorrow night in St. Petersburg by The Spoiler and Texas Red. They have challenged the two of you to meet them in a match with No Count Outs and No Disqualifications. May I have your thoughts and your answer to that challenge?

Buzz Sawyer: DO WE ACCEPT THAT CHALLENGE? DO WE ACCEPT THAT CHALLENGE! OF COURSE WE ACCEPT THAT CHALLENGE!! You don't become the baddest, meanest, men in professional wrestling by backing down! They want us with no rules? It's their funeral Solie!

Matt Borne: Spoiler... Red... they call me a maniac, and they call him mad. But you two just willingly asked to fight us with no rules and regulations to stop us from doing whatever we'd like to you. ....Ha..Ha Ha....and they call us crazy?

Borne walks away shaking his head and laughing like that thought is just too much to handle. Sawyer looks like he is ready to fight immediately as he follows Borne to the back. Solie gives an "oh my" look as the show heads to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from break we see that Gordon has been joined by Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi, both wearing traditional colorful Polynesian lavalava wrapped around their waists, and a kukui nut necklace around their necks. They both look quite serious as Gordon begins..

Gordon Solie: Before they head into action, I am being joined by Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi, The South Pacific Islanders. Gentleman, I understand that you have something you'd like to say and a challenge you'd like to make. Please, go ahead.

Cocoa Samoa: Gordan, Thank You Bruddah. I don't want to bore these people, but I have to tell a little bit of history. Just about a year ago, I was wrestling down in Texas, and I ran up against this Cartel. They did awful things to my friends, they were a constant thorn in my side, and me and this Jefe Estrada had several violent matches. Then they cheated me in a match where the loser had to leave Texas, and Cocoa Samoa has been looking for a little payback.

Sivi Afi: That's where the challenge comes in Gordon. We don't have a match tomorrow night, and I don't think any of those Cartel boys do either. So we are challenging any two of them to meet the South Pacific Islanders in a tag team match tomorrow night in St. Petersburg!

Match #2
-South Pacific Islanders (Cocoa Samoa/Sivi Afi) beat Jack Spade/JT Hart when Afi pinned Spade after a Diving Crossbody.-

Gordon Solie: The South Pacific Islanders pick up the win and it sounds like they have some unfinished business with The Cartel. I'm sure this "El Jefe" will have a response to that challenge when they are out here a little later. Let's take a quick break and we'll be back with "Hollywood" John Tatum. Don't go anywhere.

-Commercial Break-

Match #3
-"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey defeated Ken Johnson with the California Kick.-

Gordon Solie: I'm joined by your winner "Hollywood" John Tatum and the lovely Dark Journey.

John Tatum: Solie, I know you are probably three sheets to the wind and feeling a little randy right now, but how about you interview me instead of hitting on her!

Gordon Solie: I was just making an introduction...

John Tatum: I know, I know, calm down Johnnie Walker, I just want to talk about my win and how great I am!

Gordon Solie: By all means...

John Tatum: Well Thank You Gordon Solie! I thought you'd never ask! I worked very hard in there tonight to beat whoever that guy was, and now I can go on to tomorrow night at the Beachfront Center in St. Petersville and win the Florida Heavyweight Title whether you or any of this idiots that keep boo'ing me like it or not!

The boo'ing that had been nearly constant since Tatum started talking only grows louder.

John Tatum: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Keep it up!

The boo's grow even louder and Tatum's face twists into a pout.

John Tatum: I don't care if you like me! None of you are invited to my celebration party anyway!

Tatum walks away and heads toward the back, but when he gets about half way there, he looks like something dawned on him and heads back.

John Tatum: You're not invited either Gordon, but that's because even with a champions wages I wouldn't be able to cover your tab!

Tatum leaves this time with a huge smirk on his face as Solie rolls his eyes and Dark Journey gives Gordon another "Sorry" smile.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome my guests at this time, the Florida Tag Team Champions, Ray Candy and Skip Young, Good and Plenty!!

New Edition's "Candy Girl" hits and the Tampa Sportatorium goes wild. People are out of their seats clapping and dancing as The Candy Man and Sweet Brown Sugar come from the back with big smiles on their faces and the Florida Tag Team Titles over their shoulders. They come to stand next to Gordon who is also grinning.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, first let me say Congratulations! Congratulations on winning the tournament and becoming the Florida Tag Team Champions.

Ray Candy: Thank You so much Gordon.

Skip Young: Yeah. Thank You Gordon. It wasn't easy, but we did it!

Gordon Solie: I'd like to discuss your tournament right now if you may. In the first round you defeated Los Cubanos in dominant fashion. Then in the second round you defeated The Fabulous Blondes in a much tougher match up. Then in the finals you met The Highwaymen who very nearly cheated you out of those championship belts. The timely arrival of The Glamour Boys turned the momentum back in your favor, and you came out on top. But there are detractors who say that without the interference of The Glamour Boys you would have never won those titles. Your thoughts gentleman?

Skip Young: Gordon, we were getting the best of those Highwaymen and then when the referee went down and they brought those steel chairs in the ring, they laid us out. The people saying that we wouldn't have won them belts without The Glamour Boys, that's probably true. Them Highwaymen was beating us silly with them chairs and our friends The Glamour Boys came down and saved our butts. When they did, they might have got themselves a little bit of revenge for when them Highwaymen cheated them earlier in the night. Am I ashamed of how we won these titles? No, I'm not. Sometimes bad things happen to bad people, and The Highwaymen got what was coming to them that night.

Ray Candy: and right here, right now Gordon, let me tell you something. If The Highwaymen feel they got treated some kind of way, we ain't hard to find. You boys just come knockin' on our door, and we'll be happy to put these belts up and step into the ring with you again. We already feel like we owe you one for that whippin' you put on us with those chairs. But The Glamour Boys asked us real nice to leave you to them, and we are happy to do that...for now.

Gordon Solie: Alright folks, there you have it...

Ray Candy: Wait a minute now Gordon! You got us talking all serious and thought we was gonna forget!

Gordon Solie: Forget what?

Ray Candy: I done told you that when we won these belts, we was gonna teach you to do the cabbage patch!

Gordon Solie: I uhhh.. I'm not so sure...

Skip Young: Oh Come On Gordon! It's real easy to do! Just put your hands together like this.....

Young shows Gordon how to hold his hands. Young and Candy then both begin to do the cabbage patch as Gordon watches with a look of bemusement on his face.

Gordon Solie: I uhh.. I don't think....

Ray Candy: Gordon! Do you want to let all these people down? All you people wanna see Gordon do the cabbage patch dont'cha!!

The crowd begins to chant "Gordon, Gordon" and after a few moments of this Gordon reluctantly puts his hands together. He draws his arms back and.... "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top hits as Rip Rogers and Chick Donovan, The Fabulous Blondes come storming onto the stage as massive boo's erupt from the crowd.

Rip Rogers: Enough of this crap! Nobody wants to see this old man dance! Isn't that right Chick Magnet!

Chick Donovan: That's right Big Ripper! Besides, you two are out here whining about how The Highwaymen tried to cheat you out of the Florida Tag Team Titles, when you never should have been in that match in the first place!

Gordon Solie: What exactly are you talking about?

Chick Donovan: It wasn't these two goofs who got cheated out of the titles, it was the Fabulous Blondes!

Gordon Solie: How do you figure?

Rip Rogers: If you go back and watch the footage of that match, after me and Chick Daddy here worked over Ray Candy's big, fat leg until he could barely walk, I tired to put him in the figure four leglock. When I did that he kicked me so hard that I sailed over the top rope and out of the ring!

Gordon Solie: ....

Rip Rogers: ....

Ray Candy: ....

Chick Donovan: ....

Skip Young: ....

Gordon Solie: ....and?

Rip Rogers: and that is a Disqualification!! The Fabulous Blondes should have moved on to the finals!

Gordon Solie: Being thrown over the top rope is only a disqualification if it was intentional.

Rip Rogers: I appreciate your support Gordon.

Gordon Solie: No, I am saying that he was attempting to extricate himself from the hold, and your going over the top rope was purely accidental.

Chick Donovan: Gordon Solie, you can use all the big words you want, but we all know that Fat and Skinny are dirty cheaters, and those are rightfully The Fabulous Blondes titles!

Gordon Solie: I don't believe...

Skip Young: It's okay Gordon, I got this. If you two idiots want a match with us, we'll be happy to beat you... again! We can do it right now!

The fans in the Sportatorium love that idea.

Rip Rogers: No! No! No! You aren't going to trick us into that ring when we aren't ready just so you can cheat some more!  How about tomorrow in St. Petersburg!

Ray Candy: Anywhere you two fools wanna get beat up is good with us!

Chick Donovan: Try not to cheat this time... Cheaters!

Rip Rogers: Good one Chick! Let's go!

The Fabulous Blondes head for the back looking like they've just won the war as Gordon, Candy, and Young look amused.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, we have to take a break. We'll be right back.

Ray Candy: We can dance next time Gordon.

Gordon Solie: I'll uh... look forward to it.

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-The Cartel ("El Jefe" Jose Estrada/Fidel Sierra/Ricky Santana) defeated Scott Reese/Jeffey Howard/Shane Tylor when Fidel powerslammed Reese, followed by a top rope splash from Ricky, followed by Estrada tagging in and making the cover.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winners The Cartel. Now last week.....

Fidel reaches out and pulls the microphone away from the mouth of Gordon Solie. He takes it from the hands of Solie and passes it over to Estrada who is smirking at Gordon.

Jose Estrada: I'm a busy man Solie. I don't have time to listen to you.... beat around the bush. You want to ask why we broke Miguel's arm last week. Easy. Because Miguel was a loser, and The Cartel doesn't employ losers. You want to ask if we heard what Cocoa Samoa and his little partner had to say earlier. We did, and tomorrow afternoon Fidel and Ricky will be happy to step into the ring and remind Cocoa of the beatings we used to give him in Texas. Then you are going to ask something...stupid, like what the intentions of The Cartel are here in Florida. That should be obvious. To make money, win gold, and beat people up. Maybe in that order, maybe not. We'll see. Any other questions Gordon?

Fidel places a hand firmly on the shoulder of Solie, who shakes his head no.

Jose Estrada: Great! It was a pleasure talking to you.

Ricky Santana produces a hundred dollar bill out of his tights and stuffs into Gordon's suit pocket as Fidel hands the microphone back to him, and then the three members of The Cartel head toward the dressing room to a chorus of boo's.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. Before we get to our featured bout here today, it's time to discuss what we have in store tomorrow afternoon in St. Petersburg. As I told you last week we will be crowning a new Florida Heavyweight Champion and it will happen in something they are calling The Battle at the Bay. I now have all of the details of what that entails. There will be eight wrestlers participating in The Battle at the Bay. First they will be randomly divided into two teams of four where they will compete in an eight man tag team match. This could lead to some strange bedfellows as enemies could and likely will end up on the same team. But if they want a shot at becoming the Florida Heavyweight Champion, they will have to work together. Then whichever four wrestlers come out the victors in that eight man contest will immediately become part of a four corners elimination match. What that means is that two of them will be in the ring, and the other two will be on the apron as in a tag team match. Anyone can tag anyone, and eliminations occur by pinfall, submission, disqualification, and count out. Whoever the last surviving wrestler is in that contest will become the new Florida Heavyweight Champion. Let's look at the wrestlers involved, and the rest of the card..

The Battle at the Bay for the Florida Heavyweight Title featuring: "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Hercules Hernandez, "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal, Kazaharu, Tom Zenk, "Hollywood" John Tatum, "Luscious" Lanny Poffo, and Bob Backlund

The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Best 2 out of 3 Falls

Matt Borne/Buzz Sawyer vs The Spoiler/Texas Red - No DQ/No Count Out

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Team Titles

South Pacific Islanders vs The Cartel

Sabu w/Skandor Akbar & The Sheik vs "Jumping" Joe Savoldi

"Beach Boy" Allen West vs Pat Rose

It is going to be quite the afternoon of action for sure! Now, let's head to the ring where the former WWF Champion and Battle at the Bay competitor, Bob Backlund is set to make his Championship Wrestling. It will be very interesting to see which Bob Backlund we are getting here. Will it be the All American wrestling champion that rose to stardom and became heavyweight champion, or will it be the seemingly deranged Mr. Backlund that has shown himself these last few years. Let's head to the ring and find out.

Match #5
-Bob Backlund beat Snake Brown with the Bridging O'Connor Roll.-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, we were hoping to get a word with Bob Backlund, but we are unfortunately out of time. Please join us tomorrow afternoon at 4pm at the Bayfront Center in St. Petersburg, and then back here next week for more Championship Wrestling from Florida. Until then, I am Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Dog & the Maniac ain't backing down from nobody!

One of my favorite Texas All-star feuds is starting up again. Cocoa Samoa vs El Jefe now with The Cartel & Siva Afi along for the ride. Estrada' promo really sold the "I'm in charge" vibe you need from a guy calling himself El Jefe. Of course he's sending his flunkies into battle first.

Tatum takes some time to partake in his favorite hobby, being a dick.

Nice touch having Good and Plenty Plenty admit they probably would've lost without The Glamor Boys getting involved. So pissed at The Hollywood Blondes interrupting Gordon's big moment, although their reason for "deserving" a rematch was hilarious.

Big night in St Petersburg! Especially like the layout of the Battle of the Bay.

Backlund is NOT gonna be happy about not getting a chance to "educate" the people of Florida.

Sawyer and Borne are so awesome together. The walkaway was great. Their match with Spoiler and Red is going to be brutal! 

Speaking of brutal. Islanders want more of the Cartel. I have a feeling this is going to be crazier than what went down in Texas. 

LOL! Tatum goes back to get a last crack at Gordon. What an arrogant jerk but so funny.

Only the Fabulous Blondes could ruin Gordon doing the cabbage patch. The moment of awkward silence was hilarious. But in the end, mission accomplished as the Blondes get a title shot. 

Cartel get straight to the point and make their intentions known. They even slip Gordon a hundred dollar bill, maybe they're not such bad guys. 

Very creative idea for Battle of the Bay match. I hope Herc and Duggan are on the same team LOL. 

HAHAHA! We get the ultimate Bob Backlund tease! Keep us guessing Bleh. 

Bring on St. Petersburg! 

TvkSBBY.png

Bayfront Center

St. Petersburg, Florida

Sunday November 14th, 1986

Bell Time: 4:00pm

Singles Contest

"Beach Boy" Allen West beat Pat Rose with a Belly to Belly Suplex

Tag Team Contest

South Pacific Islanders (Cocoa Samoa/Sivi Afi) vs The Cartel (Fidel Sierra/Ricky Santana)

This was hot from the start and much more of a brawl than a wrestling match. When "El Jefe" Jose Estrada showed his face at ringside, the intensity went up a notch. He managed to trip Sivi Afi when the referee wasn't looking, and that brought "Chief" Joe Lightfoot running from the dressing room to attack "El Jefe" and soon all six men were brawling and the referee tossed the whole thing out. It was a wild scene as security and officials had to clear out ringside.

Singles Contest

Sabu w/Skandor Akbar & The Sheik defeated "Jumping" Joe Savoldi after a Top Rope Legdrop followed by the Camel Clutch

No Count Out, No Disqualification Tag Team Contest

"Maniac" Matt Borne/"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer vs The Spoiler/Texas Red

If the fans thought the earlier brawl was wild, they hadn't seen anything yet! This lasted about two minutes in the ring before all four men were brawling with each other, mostly on the floor. Chairs were involved, the time keepers table was involved again, heads were being smashed into ringposts, bodies were being whipped into guard rails, just utter chaos. Both Matt Borne and Texas Red were bleeding pretty heavily by the end of the match, and Buzz Sawyer was actually staggering around ringside with a trash can on his head courtesy of The Spoiler.

However, it was Matt Borne who was able to score the victory. As Texas Red had mounted the turnbuckle and was punching away at his forehead, Borne mustered up the strength to raise both fists into the groin of Red who immediately lost his purchase on the ropes and fell backwards. Borne quickly cradled him and placed both of his feet on the second rope, and with that kind of leverage, Red was unable to kick out. A pissed off Spoiler was quickly in the ring, but Borne rolled out and staggered bloody and smiling up the aisle.

-Intermission-

Best 2 out of 3 Falls Tag Team Contest

The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

Fall #1: Bobby Duncum pinned Steve Simpson with a handful of tights just a few minutes into the match.

Fall #2: Steve Doll caught Phil Hickerson with a sunset flip on a backdrop attempt and pinned him.

Fall #3: The bad blood boiled over in the third fall as The Highwaymen cut the ring in half and worked over Steve Doll in their corner, making frequent tags and choking him with the tag rope. Finally Steve Simpson had enough and charged across the ring and began firing haymakers at both Duncum and Hickerson, and when the referee tried to stop him, he caught one as well! Even as the bell was called for and The Glamour Boys were disqualified, the brawl continued up the aisle and behind the curtain.

Florida Tag Team Championship Match

Good & Plenty (Ray Candy/Skip Young) defeated The Fabulous Blondes (Rip Rogers/Chick Donovan) by Count Out when Young got back into the ring at 19, and Rogers failed to beat the count.

A drawing was held to determine the teams for The Battle at the Bay.

Battle at the Bay 8 Man Tag Team Match

Hercules Hernandez, Tom Zenk, Bob Backlund, and "Luscious" Lanny Poffo vs "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Kazaharu, "Hollywood" John Tatum, and "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal

This was chaos from pretty much the opening bell as Duggan jumped Hercules making them the legal men. No one wanted to work together other than maybe Backlund and Zenk, so tags were done with a lot of back slaps and hard smacks. The whole thing finally fell apart when Regal tried to tag Kazaharu who hit him with a throat thrust! Tatum reached in and tagged the stunned Regal, making himself the legal man. Regal then attacked Kazaharu and they brawled to the floor. Duggan said the hell with it and charged across the ring to get another shot off at Hercules, and during the chaos Zenk rolled up Tatum for a surprise One, Two, Three!

4 Way Elimination Match for the Florida Heavyweight Title

Hercules Hernandez vs Bob Backlund vs Tom Zenk vs "Luscious" Lanny Poffo

Highlights of the early part of this contest were Backlund and Zenk having a technical exchange that ended with Backlund getting the best of him, but saw both men shake hands afterward. Hercules and Poffo ending up in the ring together and Hercules having absolutely no idea what to do when Poffo started skipping around the ring after being muscled to the ground on a lock up, so Hercules just walked over and tagged out to Zenk wanting no part of it. Poffo and Zenk putting on a nice exchange of duck downs, leap frogs, and both going for dropkicks at the same time and missing. Zenk went for a handshake, but Poffo slapped him in the face!

The first elimination came after Backlund and Poffo had been wrestling for several minutes and Poffo tried to lock Backlund in the Painacle, but Backlund reversed it and locked Poffo in the Cross Face Chicken Wing! Both men were close to the ropes, and as Poffo struggled to escape, they tumbled between the ropes to the floor. Poffo got to his feet and looked to be heading back into the ring when Backlund came up off the floor looking a bit angry and clamped the Chicken Wing back on! He paid no attention to the count of the referee and soon both Backlund and Poffo were counted out of the match. Once that happened, Bob looked different and was apologetic to the referee and actually apologized to several fans on his way out of the arena.

This left Zenk and Hercules, and Hernandez was all over his smaller and more worn out opponent as soon as they hit the ring. Zenk showed a few signs of hope, but Hercules eventually hoisted him up in the Torture Backbreaker and Zenk was forced to give it up or risk permanent injury.

Winner and NNNEEEEWWWWW Florida Heavyweight Champion..... Hercules Hernandez!!!!

WOW! Everything comes full circle as Lightfoot returns! Big pop from me. The 2nd war has officially begun. This is going to get crazy! 

Sabu continues his winning streak. 

Sawyer/Borne vs. Spoiler/Red was the fight I thought it would be. Sawyer walking around with a trashcan on his head was a nice touch. Borne gets the win with the most brutal lowblow I've ever seen. Red might need some time off after that shot. OUCH! 

Glamour Boys and Highwaymen remain at a stalemate. I'm sensing a big gimmick match coming. 

Everybody's favorite team Good and Plenty remain champs. I'm sure the Blondes will find a loophole for another match. 

Teams are drawn and the Battle of the Bay begins. To much hatred as not a lot of teammates are willing to work together. Zenk takes advantage and gets his team the win. I would of got my money's worth on Tatum's expression. 

We get a fun final 4 match with some pretty solid scientific exchanges. An apologetic Backlund? HMMMMMM. Herc's strength is to much for Zenk and the Torture Backbreaker wins him the title. Herc as the first champ is a solid choice. He could have a tremendous run here. 

Good job continuing storylines which will bring in a lot more money. 

Lightfoot vs El Jefe brings back such happy, violent memories. Bring on the six man gimmick!

Sabu is on a rampage!

Mad Dog & the Maniac thrive on chaos. No surprise they emerge with the win.

Simpson's temper costs The Glamor Boys the third fall. I can't imagine The Highwaymen mind how they got the win.

The Fabulous Blondes blow another shot at the tag straps. But the countout gives them "justification" for another rematch.

Battle of the Bay was the gloriously chaotic mess we were all hoping for. I wonder if Akbar will be mad at Kazaharu for not waiting until the four corners match to attack Regal. Backlund snaps but then...apologies for it? But the headlines will be all about the new Florida Heavyweight Champion Hercules Hernandez! Not that Duggan needed another reason to after him of course.

Borne/Sawyer are an exciting way to kick off the show....and Borne makes a pretty good point about calling them crazy after they agreed to fight then.

The Islanders challenge the Cartel, I get their reasoning for doing so...but it doesn't make it a good idea.

"Hollywood" John racks up another win and gives poor Gordon more hell implying he's a "randy drunk" lol. The fact he left and then CAME BACK to get one more in on Gordon was awesome, loved the line about not being able to afford Gordon's tab even on a champion's wage!  DJ giving Solie the "sorry" smile is such a great way to end these interactions.

OMG, the amount of heat the Blondes must have after interrupting Good & Plenty convincing Solie to try and cabbage patch! The nicknames "Chick Magnet" and "Big Ripper" are so obnoxious...lol.

The Cartel are making their presence felt already, at least Gordon got a nice tip out of it though.

Backlund's intentions on Florida remain a mystery....for now.

St. Petersburg...here we come!

Lightfoot comes down and evens the odds with El Jefe, a move he may come to regret!

Sabu continues to impress along with his Uncle and Akbar.

Borne/Sawyer vs. Spoiler/Big Evil was every bit the wild brawl you could have hoped for....the visual of Sawyer with the trash can on his head was fun....Borne/Sawyer get the win...but I doubt this war is over.

What a 2 out of 3 falls match as the Glamour Boys show despite their name, they can hold their own with the two roughneck veterans!

The Battle at the Bay was a fun, original concept and a cool way to crown the first champion without the traditional style tournament...Hercules makes for a great champ, although the same could be said for the other three as well!

Great stuff as always!

(Taped on Wednesday November 17th, 1986 and airing Saturday November 20th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

lHlY2qX.jpg

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie, and we are coming off a wild show this past Sunday afternoon in St. Petersburg that saw chaos up and down a card which culminated with Hercules Hernandez becoming the Florida Heavyweight Champion. We will discuss that and all of the other happenings from that show here today, and "General" Skandor Akbar has promised some kind of celebration for the new champion as well. Also on today's show we will see "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal in singles competition. We will have both The Fabulous Blondes and the team of The Spoiler and Texas Red in tag team action. Bob Backlund will compete in our featured contest, and right now we are heading down to the ring where "Chief" Joe Lightfoot is set for action.

Match #1
-"Chief" Joe Lightfoot w/Cocoa Samoa & Sivi Afi defeated Snake Brown by submission with the Indian Deathlock.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner Joe Lightfoot as well as Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi, the South Pacific Islanders. This past weekend saw The South Pacific Islanders take on Fidel and Ricky of The Cartel, and "El Jefe" Jose Estrada interjected himself into that contest. Which in turn brought Joe Lightfoot out and triggered a pier six brawl. Your thoughts Mr. Lightfoot?

Joe Lightfoot: Gordon, I have been out with an injury for the last several weeks but when I saw Jose Estrada show up here and put The Cartel back together, I knew that I had to push the pain aside and come back to the CWF.

Gordon Solie: Joe, I know that just like Cocoa Samoa, you had your troubles with this "El Jefe" and The Cartel during your time competing in Texas. Could you tell the fans here in Florida about what happened?

Joe Lightfoot: A year ago in Texas, I was competing against Estrada and I was close to putting him away. He knew I had the match won, so he took that cigar that he comes to the ring with and tried to blind me with it. I was fortunate to get my eye most of the way closed, but I still suffered considerable burns to my eye lid and some vision problems from the part of my eye that did get burned. I had every intention of coming back and taking vengeance on "El Jefe" but that wrestling league in Texas went out of business before I ever got the chance.

Gordon Solie: It's unbelievable that a man would sink to such depths.

Joe Lightfoot: It certainly is Gordon. That's why Cocoa and Sivi came out here with me today. This Cartel wants to operate like a gang, so the only way we can make sure to stay protected is to watch each others backs.

Gordon Solie: That is smart thinking gentleman. I thank you for your time and for telling your story. Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

"Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top is blaring as the show returns from commercial and we see that Chick Donovan and Rip Rogers are strutting around the stage where Gordon Solie is located. The music finally quiets and Gordon's look of annoyance drops from a ten down to a nine!

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. As you can see I have been joined by Rip Rogers and Chick Donovan, The Fabulous Blondes, who this past weekend were unsuccessful in their attempt to become Florida Tag Team Champions.

Chick Donovan: Woah! Woah! Woah! You can hold it right there Solmeister! We weren't unsuccessful in becoming Florida Tag Team Champions. No! No! No! What we were...was victims of a blatant plot between a crooked referee and those two dancing goofs to cheat us out of the belts!

Gordon Solie: Hold on a moment. "Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young and Rip Rogers were on the floor and the referee was administering a count out to both men, Mr. Young managed to get back into the ring before the count reach twenty and Mr. Rogers did not.

Rip Rogers: I'm glad you see it our way Gordon. Crooked officiating, and a blatant conspiracy, perpetrated to make sure that The Fabulous Blondes do not become Florida Tag Team Champions.

Gordon Solie: I believe you misunderstood me. I was stating that the referee was doing his job in counting you out of the ring, and by failing to meet the officials count, you in fact lost the match.

Rip Rogers looks angrily at Solie and then mutter something before digging his hand into the front of his trunks where he starts rummaging around.

Gordon Solie: Now hold on just a moment!

After a few moments of this, Rogers pulls a ten dollar bill out of his trunks and hands it to Donovan.

Chick Donovan: I told you he was part of it. Never trust a nerd in nerd glasses.

Rip Rogers: I'm not mad Gordon, I'm just disappointed.

Chick Donovan: But you go and tell the rest of your Illuminati buddies this Solie! The Fabulous Blondes want another shot at those belts, and this time we want a fair shake! Now come on Big Ripper, let's go beat up these two punks and show everybody who the real tag champions are!

Match #2
-The Fabulous Blondes (Rip Rogers/Chick Donovan) beat Bucky Blevins/Shane Tylor when Rogers pinned Blevins after a Double Dropkick.-

Gordon Solie: The Fabulous Blondes pick up a win and I understand that at our next big event, they will be part of a number one contenders match. So they may in fact get another shot at those Florida Tag Team Titles, but I can assure you that there is no conspiracy against them. We will have more information on that match and that event a little later in the hour. For now, let's take a quick break and we'll be back with "Mr. Electricity", so don't go anywhere!

-Commercial Break-

Match #3
-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal defeated The Spider by submission with the Fort Lauderdale Leglock.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner, "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal. Now Steve, you were out of action after Kazaharu sprayed that mist into your eyes. Then this past weekend you returned to action in the Battle at the Bay and found yourself on the same team as the Oriental Assassin. You did the best you could do in the circumstances to make that work, but in the end, he attacked you and in the long run that was the ultimate downfall of your team. Can I get your thoughts on all of that?

Steve Regal: You know Gordon, I've been in this business for almost ten years. In that time I've had my opponents hurt me more than once, and that's okay because it's the name of the game. I like to think I give it right back to them as good as they give it to me. If a guy gives me a piledriver and hurts my neck, or hooks me in a figure four and hurts my leg, that's a hazard of being a professional wrestler. You know what isn't part of that? Some crazy, painted up freak spitting whatever that crap is into my eyes and trying to blind me!

It's bad enough that I had to miss weeks of wrestling, of making money to feed my family because of that freak. But then I come back and I get a chance to become the Florida Heavyweight Champion, and thanks to the luck of the draw, I have that idiot as my partner. Well wouldn't you know that as soon as I try to tag him into the match, he chops me in the throat! So, Yeah, at that point I lost my cool and started punching him and things went a little haywire, but I don't think there is anyone out there who can tell me they would have done it any different.

Gordon Solie: I don't believe there are either. Okay Ladies and...

Steve Regal: Gordon, if you don't mind...

Gordon Solie: By all means.

Steve Regal: Akbar... Kazaharu.... I don't know which one of you I need to be talking too, but both of you better listen up! I want a rematch, and I want it next Sunday afternoon in Orlando! I owe you, and "Mr. Electricity" is looking for his payback!

Regal heads toward the back all fired up as the crowd cheers him on. Gordon gives a "you heard him" look as the show heads to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: We are back here on Championship Wrestling from Florida, and before we get to the next contest here today, I'd like to go ahead and talk about our next big event. On Sunday, November the 28th, just a few days after Thanksgiving, we will be at the Eddie Graham Sports Stadium in Orlando for an afternoon of action. We already have several matches signed for that afternoon, and I know that negotiations are taking place for many more. Let's go ahead right now and tell you about what we already have in store...

The Fabulous Blondes vs The South Pacific Islanders - #1 Contenders Match for the Florida Tag Team Titles

Just Signed: Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar vs "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal

The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Double Strap Match

Bob Backlund vs "Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man - #1 Contender Match for the Florida Heavyweight Title

As you can see, we already have a stellar afternoon of action lined up, and I can assure you that many more matches will be added to this card. Again that is Sunday, November the 28th at the Eddie Graham Sports Stadium in Orlando with a 4pm bell time. Tickets go on sale at the box office this coming Monday. Now let's head down to the ring where The Spoiler and Texas Red are set for action.

Match #4
-The Spoiler/Texas Red defeated Jack Spade/Dave Kent when The Spoiler submitted Spade with The Claw.-

Spoiler and Red head over to Solie and Red grabs the microphone before Gordon has a chance to say anything.

Texas Red: Sawyer! Borne! We're getting tired of you two! REAL TIRED!! Enough screwing around! Let's End This!!

The Spoiler: What Mr. Red is trying to say is that we are challenging you to meet us in the ring one more time. Next Sunday in Orlando, no more rules, no more crap. Falls Count Anywhere in the building, and we fight until a whole team has been eliminated. If you boys are so tough and mean, we'll expect to see you there.

Spoiler shoves the microphone back into the hands of Solie and the two big men head for the back.

-Commercial Break-

As the show returns from commercial, Man comes out to where Gordon is positioned and he is carrying a large pink chair. He sits it down, winks at Gordon and takes a position standing behind it. "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood hits and first Woman comes out wearing her little black dress and she walks seductively around Gordon running her finger across his cheek before taking up a position beside Man. Then "Luscious" Lanny Poffo comes from the back wearing a powder blue suit with a pink shirt underneath. A purple scarf, large white sunglasses, and a black beret finish off the outfit. He comes out and sits in the chair, crossing his legs, apparently ready to observe the next contest.

Match #5
-Bob Backlund defeated The Bounty Hunter with the Bridging O'Connor Roll.-

As soon as the referee's hand hit three, Poffo was up and headed for the back, followed closely by Woman and Man carrying the chair.

Gordon Solie: It would appear that Lanny Poffo and his entourage have seen what they came to see. I am joined now by your winner Mr. Bob Backlund.

Bob Backlund: No need for formalities Gordon, you can call me Bob.

Gordon Solie: Okay then Bob, this past weekend you had an opportunity to become the Florida Heavyweight Champion, along with the man who was just out here watching you compete Lanny Poffo. During that match you and Mr. Poffo were both attempting to lock in the maneuver known as the Chicken Wing Cross Face, or as he calls it The Painacle. Then you both tumbled to the floor. As he was attempting to get back into the ring, you clamped the Chicken Wing onto him and both of you were counted out of the ring. Several people sitting ringside said that you had an almost maniacal look in your eyes as you locked in that hold, and that you were oblivious to the count of the referee. How do you respond to those reports and to what happened?

Bob Backlund: Well Gordon, to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure. I remember grappling for position with Poffo inside of the ring, and I remember securing him in the Crossface Chicken Wing. But falling out of the ring, and then reapplying the hold is kind of a blur.

Gordon Solie: Are you saying you blacked out?

Backlund takes a long moment before he answers and he looks almost paranoid at the question. His anxiety is obviously rising as he speaks.

Bob Backlund: I amm saying that I am unable to recollect the time period outside of the ring Gordon! Is it necessary for me to do so at this time? IT HAPPENED! I GOT COUNTED OUT! I AM NOT THE CHAMPION!

Gordon Solie looks taken aback and changes his voice to a pacifying tone as he changes the subject.

Gordon Solie: No. Not at all. It's fine. Now, next weekend you and Lanny Poffo will meet one on one with the winner securing a shot at the Florida Heavyweight Title. What are your thoughts on that match?

Backlund's eyes dart around, almost like he is looking for a trap or something. Finally after several moments he speaks, much calmer.

Bob Backlund: I hope it will be a good, clean contest between two wrestlers. I hate to do it, but if he tries any of that funny business, I'll have to get agressive.

Gordon Solie: Well good luck in that match and Thank You for your time.

Bob Backlund: Thank You Gordon.

Backlund smiles and heads for the back as Gordon gives a wide eyed "What the Hell" look at the camera as the shows goes to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from commercial we see "General" Skandor Akbar is in the ring and he has two beautiful, young ladies in tight dresses flanking a pedestal which holds the Florida Heavyweight Title.

Skandor Akbar: Right now, I want all of you idiots to stand up and pay your respects to the man who defeated seven other men to claim the Florida Heavyweight Championship! He is Hercules Hernandez!

The boo's come hot and heavy as Hercules comes from the back looking like a Greek God. As he gets to the ring the two ladies hold open the ropes for him, and they each feel one of his biceps as he strikes a pose. Hercules then shakes hands with Akbar, before hitting another double bicep as one of the ladies straps the Florida Heavyweight Title around his waist.

Skandor Akbar: Soak it in your Florida fools! Hercules Hernandez is the most dominant force in Championship Wrestling! There isn't a man in that locker room who can hold a candle to him! Look at those arms! Look at....

Before Akbar could finish his thought, a 2x4 across the back sent him sailing out of the ring! The two ladies ran for cover as "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan started throwing haymakers at Hercules and a big wind up punch sent him backwards over the top rope to the floor much to the delight of the fans in the Tampa Sportatorium!

Jim Duggan: HERNANDEZ!! You give me one fair crack at you, and I'll take that belt from around your waist!

From the floor Hercules is yelling "I've already beat you Duggan" as he backs away from the ring.

Jim Duggan: You don't look so Mighty from here Hercules! You afraid Ole Hacksaw's got your number!!

Akbar who is clutching his back, makes his way over to where Gordon Solie is sitting and snatches Gordon's microphone.

Skandor Akbar: DUGGAN! YOU AMERICAN FOOL! YOU DON'T LAY A HAND ON THE GENERAL!!! YOU WANT HERCULES... YOU GOT HIM!!

Hercules gives Akbar an "I didn't agree to that" look.

Skandor Akbar: BUT!! This is it Duggan! You don't beat Hercules... you don't win the title. YOU LEAVE!! You leave Florida, and you don't come back! OTHERWISE... FORGET IT!!

Hercules still doesn't look happy about it, but he nods his head in agreement. Duggan looks around to the crowd for a moment then responds....

Jim Duggan: FINE! But when I win, I'm gonna wrap this 2x4 around your fat head Akbar!!

A huge pop from the crowd on that one, and Hercules and Akbar quickly exit the arena. Duggan begins to play to the crowd, as we cut back to Gordon Solie.

Gordon Solie: Well Ladies and Gentleman, it would appear that we have a match for the Florida Heavyweight Title with some major stakes. Don't forget that tickets go on sale Monday morning for our event in Orlando at the Eddie Graham Sports Arena next Sunday afternoon, and don't forget to join us right back here next week for more Championship Wrestling from Florida. Already scheduled we have "Hollywood" John Tatum in singles action. The tag team of Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer, and so much more. Until then this is Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State.

Lightfoot gives a nice recap of his feud with Rl Jefe. Now that the Florida fans know what he's capable, Estrada & his Cartel are sure to get even more heat!

I can't believe The Fabulous Blondes managed to expose Solmeister as part of the Illuminati!

A firey promo from Regal leads to a rematch on what's shaping up to be a stacked card for Orlando.

Red & Spoiler get right to the point.

Backlund seems to be trying to get a hang on his...issues. Emphasis on trying.

Duggan gets one more shot at Hercules & the Florida Heavyweight Championship, but if he loses he's gone!

Nice recap by Lightfoot. I'm so looking forward to part 2 of this feud. Things are going to get intense. 

Blondes are on a roll tonight. "Solmeister" LOL. Reaching for the 10 dollar bill, to funny. I'm not sure Gordon convinced me, there just might be a conspiracy against the Blondes. 

Regal gives a heartfelt promo. Kazaharu and Akbar better be ready because Mr. Electricity is coming after them. 

You know a big card is coming if its at the Graham sports stadium. 

The falls count anywhere match between Spoiler/Red-Sawyer/Borne is going to be chaotic chaos at its best. Which team will survive???

Luscious and company get weirder and weirder each week. Then Backlund tops it with his very bizarre promo. Gordon's expressions and tone said it all. This could be the wackiest feud of the year. 

Duggan spoils Herc's title coronation! Akbar might of made a big mistake. Even Herc wasn't pleased. The fans are going to get one hell of a main event for the title. 

In just a short time, you've put together several must see storylines. Great job! 

Sorry I am a bit behind here.  Loved the show on MOvember 13th.  Your interviews were really well done with some great lines.  I like Chick and Rip calling out Solie and his drinking and Cocoa going back to his problems with the Cartel in Texas.  

Awesome event!  I have been to 2 wrestling shows in my life and one was in the Bayfront Center in 1986.  Great memories!

Sawyer/Borne vs Texas Red/Spoiler is a great match as was the 4 Corner Match for the TItle.  Nice to see Herc get the belt.  He is a great monster heel for Florida.  

Love everything going on here!  

The Blondes continue to steal the show this week with another hilarious promo! From always claiming a conspiracy to the Solmeister nickname to "rummaging" around in this trunks to referring to Solie and his "illuminati" buddies, these guys are so entertaining! Rogers turning into Ward Cleaver with an "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed" was a nice touch as well, lol.

Regal is fired up and looking for some revenge!

Strong card so far for next weekend!

Luscious Lanny styling and profiling while scouting Backlund.

YES, there's that crazy son of a bitch I was looking for! I always enjoy your portrayal of Bob Backlund.

Duggan gets the General's attention with a 2x4 to the back! However it may have backfired if he can't win the title from Big Herc!

Great show, as Spaldoni said you've managed to get some compelling stories going in no time at all!

(Taped on Wednesday November 24th, 1986 and airing Saturday November 27th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

lHlY2qX.jpg

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Happy Thanksgiving Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. As always, I am Gordon Solie and we have quite an afternoon of action in store for you here today as we get ready for our big event tomorrow at the Eddie Graham Sports Arena. We will have all of the details on that show later on in the hour, but on tap for today we have tag team action featuring the Glamour Boys. "Hollywood" John Tatum along with his manager Dark Journey will be here, as will newcomer Tom Zenk. "Luscious" Lanny Poffo will be in our featured contest, and up now we have the members of The Cartel in six man tag team action. Let's head down to the ring for that bout.

Match #1
-The Cartel (Jose Estrada, Fidel Sierra, Ricky Santana) defeated Scott Reese, Jeffrey Howard, and Ian Christopher by submission when Estrada used a Cobra Clutch on Reese.-

All three members of The Cartel head over to the small stage where Gordon's podium is. Gordon doesn't even both trying and simply hands the microphone to Fidel, who in turn hands it to Estrada. Estrada nods to Ricky, who produces another Hundred Dollar Bill and slips into the breast pocket of Gordon's suit.

Jose Estrada: You see that? This old gringo learned a lesson. You do what your told, and good things happen to you. Apparently that stupid Indian, Joe Lightfoot didn't learn his lesson. In Texas, he crossed me and I nearly burned his eye out of his head. Now.. I am here in Florida trying to conduct some business, and this....estupido cabron wants to cross me again? I didn't think you could be dumber than you look with the feathers.. and the dancing....but you proved me wrong. You want your revenge Lightfoot? An eye for an eye? I'll be at the Sports Arena tomorrow afternoon. How about I show you why they call me "El Jefe" one more time. You got the cajones, Chief?

Fidel hands Estrada a cigar which he lights with a zippo. He takes a few big puffs, then mimes putting it out on the camera, and walks away laughing. Fidel and Ricky follow behind as the show fades to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling, and if I may.... I don't care for Estrada or his Cartel, but if they want to hand me one hundred dollars to just sit here and let them talk instead of being threatened or insulted by them, well I'd be a fool not to take it. I hope all of you watching at home can understand that. Moving on, up next we have the promising young man who came very close to becoming the Florida Heavyweight Champion just a few weeks ago, Tom Zenk. Let's head down to the ring and see him in action.

Match #2
-Tom Zenk defeated The Bounty Hunter after hitting with a beautiful dropkick and then locking on a Sleeper Hold.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner, Tom Zenk.

Tom Zenk: Thanks Gordon. I know I've only been here in Florida for a short time, but at the Battle of the Bay, I came very close to becoming the Florida Heavyweight Champion, and I feel like I....

"You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC begins to play and interrupts whatever Zenk was about to say. After about twenty seconds of the song, "Hollywood" John Tatum comes strutting out from the back in a gold robe that has "Hollywood" across the back in sparkling white letters and is trimmed in white feathers. Dark Journey follows behind him in a strapless black and gold dress.

Gordon Solie: Mr. Tatum, you aren't scheduled until after the break. This interview time is for Tom Zenk.

John Tatum: Solie, if you think anyone in this building or watching at home is being entertained by listening to Bob Zink talk, or watching him wrestle, than I can say with one hundred percent certainty that you are hammered this week!

Tom Zenk: Watch it Tatum...

John Tatum: Calm Down Tim! I'm not saying you aren't entertaining, I'm just saying that given the option I'd rather sit around and watch cars rust than listen to you talk.

Tom Zenk: Look, I am going to give you one warning...

John Tatum: Next time you're going to be on TV? Good, that'll give everyone the chance to change the channel...

Zenk leaps at Tatum and the two begin to throw punches, but security apparently saw this one coming as they are quickly on the scene and start pulling the two men apart. The show goes to commercial as referees and officials arrive to help break up the melee.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. Before the break we saw "Hollywood" John Tatum come out here and disrupt an interview with Tom Zenk which lead to a scuffle between the two. Security has taken Zenk back to his dressing room, and Tatum is in the ring for his scheduled bout. Let's head down to see that now.

Match #3
-"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey beat Big Train McGee with the California Kick.-

Gordon Solie: "Hollywood" John Tatum picks up the win, and we'll be right back with...

Tatum comes straight over to the desk and Gordon just rolls his eyes before handing him the microphone

John Tatum: You don't have to roll your eyes Solie, I know you don't like me! I know you prefer "Mad Dog 20/20" Buzz Sawyer or Brady Boones Farm, but right now all you have is the biggest star in Florida and that is "Hollywood" John Tatum! Anyway, nobody cares about some old announcer bound for the Night Train! Tom Zenk! You wanna jump on "Hollywood" John? Well tomorrow afternoon in Orlando, I'm going to let you step in the ring with the biggest star in this company and I am going to show everybody that you are a nobody! How'd ya like that!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Tatum tosses the microphone at Solie before strutting toward the back. Dark Journey rolls her eyes and actually says "Sorry Gordon" before following him out of the arena.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. It's been quite an hour so far Ladies and Gentleman. Between The Cartel and Mr. Tatum, I've been unable to tell you about our event coming up tomorrow afternoon in Orlando. We have....

Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne coming walking onto the stage stopping Gordon in mid-sentence. Gordon lets out a small sigh and turns his attention to them.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman. What can I do for you?

Matt Borne: Gordon, we seem to recall that last week The Spoiler and his apprentice were out here running their mouths and throwing out challenges. Could you possibly recap for us, just what it is that they wanted?

Gordon Solie: I believe they've challenged you to a No Count Out, No Disqualification, Double Elimination, Falls Count Anywhere match.

Buzz Sawyer: HA! HA! YOU WANT TO FIGHT US WITH NO RULES! THEN WHICH EVER ONE OF YOU IS A LITTLE TOUGHER GETS TO FIGHT US TWO ON ONE? OH YEAH!!!

Matt Borne: You heard the man. We accept. First we'll cripple one of you, then we'll work together and have fun crippling the other. It doesn't matter to us which one is which. See you boys tomorrow.

Buzz Sawyer: GET READY FOR WAR!!!

Sawyer storms off toward the back, and Borne gives a devilish grin to the camera before following. Solie waits a few moments, and then begins again.

Gordon Solie: As I was saying, tomorrow afternoon at the Eddie Graham Sports Arena in Orlando with a 4pm bell time, we have quite a card lined up for you. Let's go ahead and run down those matches for you now..

The Fabulous Blondes vs The South Pacific Islanders - #1 Contenders Match for the Florida Tag Team Titles

Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar vs "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal

The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Double Strap Match

Bob Backlund vs "Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man - #1 Contender Match for the Florida Heavyweight Title

"El Jefe" Jose Estrada vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

Just Signed: "Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey vs Tom Zenk

The Spoiler/Texas Red vs "Maniac" Matt Borne/"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer - No Count Out, No Disqualification, Double Elimination, Falls Count Anywhere

Hercules Hernandez w/Skandor Akbar vs "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - Florida Heavyweight Title vs Duggan Leaving Florida

Tickets are still available at the Box Office, and will be available at the door. So, please join us tomorrow for an afternoon of action. We'll be right back with The Glamour Boys in tag team action.

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over Rick Cohen/JT Hart when Simpson pinned Cohen after Glam, Slam, Thank You Ma'am.-

The Glamour Boys exit the ring and head toward Solie for a promo, but Bobby Duncum and Phil Hickerson, The Highwaymen come from the back and jump them from behind. Steve Doll is shoved hard into the ringpost and when he eventually gets to his feet, he is covered in blood. Simpson meanwhile is knocked down, and then Duncum gets into a sitting position, places his feet on the shoulders of Simpson and pulls on his arms, stretching him out. Hickerson then produces a leather strap and proceeds to whip Simpson several times until security, officials, and referees hit the scene and The Highwaymen head for the back.

Gordon Solie: The Highwaymen have absconded like criminals in the night, and The Glamour Boys are a mess. Let's take our last break while we get them some help. We'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Alright, we are back and both Steve Doll and Steve Simpson have been helped to the back, and one can only assume they will be looking for some revenge tomorrow afternoon in Orlando. We now head to the ring for our featured contest with one of the two men who will compete to determine the next top contender for the Florida Heavyweight Title.

Match #5
-"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man beat Shane Tylor by Submission with the PAINacle.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner "Luscious" Lanny Poffo and his entourage.

Woman: Entourage? Is that all I am to you Gordy?

Gordon Solie: Of course not, I was just uhh.. I was just saying...

Lanny Poffo: Woman, you and Gordon can resolve your sexual tension another time.

Gordon Solie: Wait just a moment...

Lanny Poffo: Shush Gordon. I need to speak now to Bob Backlund. Bobby, everyone wants to know whether they are going to see the All American Opie, or if they are going to see the stark raving mad man, but I need you to know that I don't care. It's you who is stepping into the unknown tomorrow, as you will be going somewhere you've never been before, somewhere you don't understand, somehere... in between. You will be confused Bobby, you will be unsure of how to handle it, of what to do, and you'll be afraid Bobby. Afraid of what is happening, afraid of what you are feeling, and afraid that you just might like it, and that is when I will take you to the Pinnacle of Pain and lock your body close against mine until you scream that you can't take it anymore. Then I'll know that I am the bigger man Bobby, and while you slink away to lick your wounds, I will move on to go man to man with the Greek God or the guy with the big wood for the Florida Heavyweight Title, and trust me when I say I look real good in gold.

Poffo licks his lips and then gives a smirk to the camera before turning and heading to the back. Woman gives Gordon a hurt look, then blows him a kiss before following. Finally Man places a hand on Gordon's shoulder and gives it a squeeze before giving him the standard wink and heading out.

Gordon Solie: I uhhh... I don't know what to say after that. So, let me say please join us tomorrow in Orlando at the Eddie Graham Sports Arena at 4pm for an afternoon of action, and then join us back here next week for another exciting hour of Championship Wrestling. Until then, I am Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State.

See that people? Good things happen when you listen to El Jefe. Solie gets it but it seems Lightfoot needs to be reminded.

Hollywood may have made a mistake starting something with Bob...or is it Tim?

What a card in Orlando!

Well The Glamor Boys won their match but they certainly didn't look like winners after The Highwaymen got through with them.

Gordon interviewing Luscious & co will never get old!

Very entertaining hour from Florida.

You are really hitting your stride with those promos.  I really enjoy the Cartel each week and I thought the $100 bill idea was brilliant.  

Luscious is also a great promo.  Very interested in seeing his match with Backlund!

Also looking forward to seeing the match with the Spoiler/Red/Borne and Sawyer.  

Big stipulations in that main event-is this the end of Duggan?

TvkSBBY.png

Eddie Graham Sports Arena

Orlando, Florida

Sunday November 28th, 1986

Bell Time: 4:00pm

Singles Contest

"El Jefe" Jose Estrada vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

Estrada was able to defeat Lightfoot with a Cobra Clutch after a back and forth battle, but the real story of this contest came after the match was over. When the referee declared that Lightfoot was out from the clutch, Estrada dropped him to the canvas and headed out of the ring. He grabbed his cigar from the timekeepers table and lit it up. After taking a few big puffs, a big smile crossed his face and he headed back into the ring. Estrada reached down and pulled Lightfoot up by the hair and made a big show that he was going to burn Lightfoot again. Before he had a chance to do that, Sivi Afi and Cocoa Samoa hit the ring and Estrada quickly exited but continued smirking the whole way to the back.

Singles Contest

"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey defeated Tom Zenk with a Roll Up and a handful of tights!

Florida Tag Team Title #1 Contender Match

The South Pacific Islanders (Sivi Afi/Cocoa Samoa) vs The Fabulous Blondes (Rip Rogers/Chick Donovan)

This one had just reached the ten minute mark when Chick Donovan went for a crossbody block on Sivi Afi, and the foot of Donovan inadvertently caught the referee. With the ref down, Rip Rogers hit the ring and jumped on Afi, which brought Cocoa into the ring and soon all four men were brawling. Cocoa and Afi looked to have the upper hand, when Fidel and Ricky of The Cartel came running down the aisle and hit the ring. Each of them appeared to be wearing brass knuckles as they managed to lay out both Afi and Samoa with one punch each. The Cartel quickly exited the area, as Rogers and Donovan rolled Cocoa out of the ring. Donovan covered Afi, as Rogers woke up the ref, and just like that The Fabulous Blondes secured another shot at Good & Plenty and the Florida Tag Team Titles.

Singles Contest

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal vs Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar

Regal and Kazaharu put on quite the little show with a fast paced, back and forth encounter that saw several near falls and had the fans on the edge of their seats. The end of the match came when Regal went for his Fort Lauderdale Leglock, but Kazaharu was able to kick him away into the ropes. Akbar reached into the ring and grabbed the foot of Regal which distracted him long enough for Kazaharu to get back to his feet. As the referee went to yell at Akbar for getting involved, Kazaharu flipped his hair out of his face and let loose with the green mist!!

But this time Regal saw it coming and ducked down, grabbing the legs of Kazaharu, sweeping them out from under him and rolling through with a jackknife cradle! A stunned Kazaharu never had time to react and the referee counted the One, Two, Three!!

Double Strap Match

The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

This was none of that go around and touch the corners crap, the strap was just here for these guys to whip the hell out of each other with, and whip the hell out of each other with it they did! Simpson was strapped to Duncum, and Doll to Hickerson, but that didn't prohibit them from strapping the other guys too! By the end of this one, all four men were covered in welts and Steve Doll was bleeding profusely. The Highwaymen managed to pick up the win after stuffing Doll with the Spike Piledriver after Duncum hung Simpson with his strap. Even as The Highwaymen were limping gingerly to the back, The Glamour Boys were in the ring pulling themselves up and could be heard saying this wasn't over.

Florida Heavyweight Title #1 Contenders Match

Bob Backlund beat "Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man after reversing the Painacle into the Crossface Chicken Wing and forcing Poffo to submit.

No DQ, No Count Out, Elimination Style, Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Contest

The Spoiler/Texas Red vs "Maniac" Matt Borne/"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer

Another wild brawl as to be expected that quickly spilled out of the ring. The timekeepers table was quickly overturned as Red tossed Buzz Sawyer over it and his weight collapsed one end. Borne and The Spoiler fought up the aisle and over the guard rail, battling near the bathrooms where they took turns smashing one another into a Pepsi machine. Red and Sawyer took turns blasting one another with chairs at ringside, and soon both men were bleeding.

The first elimination came when Borne and Spoiler had actually fought into the concession stand, and Borne smashed The Spoiler over the head with a huge metal cooking pot, tossed him over the counter, and gave him a piledriver on the concrete floor! Spoiler was unable to kick out and was eliminated. The second elimination occurred just moments later at ringisde as Sawyer charged at Texas Red who backdropped him and sent him crashing into the leaning timekeepers table which was reduced to a pile of kindling. Red quickly covered the stunned Sawyer for the three count.

Borne arrived back to ringside a few moments too late, but simply grabbed a chair and cracked Red across the back as he got up from covering Sawyer. Texas Red rolled into the ring to escape the attack, but Borne followed him in and cracked him again as he was trying to get to his feet. Borne dropped the chair and grabbed two handfuls of Red's hair and pulled him to his feet. Borne then let loose with a laugh, raised his right hand high up in the air, and used it to bitch slap Red in the face. Borne cackled again, then raised his left hand into the air.... but before he could move to throw another slap, the eyes of Texas Red flared open and he looked enraged! He reached out with quickness and snatched the upraised arm of Borne and wrenched it back, then he clenched his free hand into a fist and delivered...The Heart Punch!!!

Matt Borne crumbled to the mat like a sack of bricks, and Red stared at his fist, almost shocked at what he had just done. The referee slid into the ring and began checking on Matt Borne, and quickly called for the bell. Texas Red was declared the winner, but he just walked slowly to the back, rubbing his fist the whole way. A stretched was brought out for Matt Borne and he left the arena not moving.

Florida Heavyweight Title Match (Jim Duggan must leave Florida if he loses)

(Champion) Hercules Hernandez w/Skandor Akbar vs "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

This one was fairly back and forth for the majority of the match with both guys holding the advantage several times. The crowd was firmly behind Duggan who looked like he was going to rise to the occasion on this night, but when he dropped down in his three point stance to attempt his lariat, Akbar grabbed his foot. Duggan went after Akbar, allowing Hercules to take back the advantage and he scored several near falls. Duggan finally turned the momentum back in his favor after ducking a Hercules clothesline and catching the champion with a powerslam that got a two count. Duggan followed that up with a big elbow, and then pulled Hernandez to his feet and sent him into the ropes where he caught him with a big shoulder tackle.

Duggan got set for the three point stance again, and again Akbar grabbed his foot, but this time Duggan was ready and with a big pull of his leg, he yanked Akbar half way into the ring. Duggan reached down and pulled Skandor to his feet, then wound up and blasted him with a huge punch that sent Akbar sprawling. The referee came over and began shoving the carcas of Akbar out of the ring, but all of this gave Hercules time to recover. Hernandez blindsided Duggan with a clothesline to the back of the head, then took him over with a belly to back suplex. Hercules covered Hacksaw, and the referee who was still half distracted from trying to get rid of Akbar jumped down to make the count, and never noticed Hercules put his feet on the ropes half way through!

WINNER, and STILLLL... FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION..... HERCULES HERNANDEZ!!

Hercules grabbed the title and headed for higher ground, with a half delirious Akbar following behind. An angry Duggan chased the referee out of the ring, then shook his head in disappointment, before exiting the ring and saying goodbye to the CWF fans.

Awesome show!  All the fans in the Sportatorium would have left knowing they just got their money's worth.

I really like how you use the Cartel.  The heat they must get!

I was really looking forward to the Backlund-Poffo match and it didn't disappoint.  Hope they match up again.

And the build of Texas Red continues!  The Heart Puch is one scary move and perfect for his "future."

Again to me, Duggan vs Herc could go on for months!  Great job.  I think the one thing we do here is have people wrestle once or twice and then move on.  Looking at some event cards from the 80's, they might have wrestled 20-40 times.  

Florida has become really interesting and is a great read.  

Good thing the South Pacific Islanders were there to prevent Lightfoot from experiencing some painful dejavuh.

Tatum with yet another reason to preen.

Chick Magnet & Big Ripper earn yet another shot at the tag straps.

Regal remembers shit! 

I never liked that "touch the corners to win" thing. It's not over till The Glamor Boys win!

Looks like Backlund kept it together long enough to earn himself a title shot.

Batshit insanity leads to Red breaking out the Heart Punch! Red's reaction intrigues me.

And just like that, Duggan is gone! Hercules didn't strike me as a main eventer but you've set him up great.

Gordon is a very smart man and the Cartel is right. Good things happen to people that obey. 

Tatum seems to have a problem with Bob Zink LOL. Tempers flare and just like that another match is signed. With a Gordon eye roll, Is there anybody in the game more obnoxious than Tatum? 

Spoiler and Red better be ready for WAR. 

Highwaymen get an early advantage over the Glamour Boys. 

Luscious gives another weirder than weird promo but what creeped me out the most was him calling Duggan, the guy with the big wood. WOW. I could just see Gordon reacting to all this. 

To the Sports Arena,

Estrada isn't satisfied with his win over Lightfoot and wants to burn him again! Thank goodness for the Islanders.

He might be obnoxious but Tatum scores the win over Zenk.

Cartel/Islanders feud turns up a notch as the Cartel help give the Blondes another title shot.

Finally, somebody dodges the mist! Regal gets a crowd pleasing win over Kazaharu. 

Highwaymen and Glamour Boys whip the hell out of each other! Highwaymen win this round but the Boys seem to want another battle. YES! 

Love that finish as Backlund puts Luscious away. 

DAMN! The fans witnessed one of the craziest brawls ever! I thought Spoiler's elimination was brutal but Red might of killed Borne. This was insane! Props to you on this feud. 

Herc and Duggan really go at it in a pure hard hitting slugfest. Herc solidifies himself as champ with that tough win over Duggan. Now Herc must go from this to Backlund. Talk about devising a whole new game plan. 

Tremendous week Bleh! 

I really enjoy the Cartel, the hundred dollar bill in Gordon's pocket is fun. I find it amazing you were worried you wasn't going to be able to write for Solie but yet he's become a crucial part of the show that is helping establish the different characters without in anyway making it about him, that's a fine line to walk but you're doing it well with everyone especially the heels.

I have to admit I wasn't excited to see a Tom Zenk promo until Hollywood John got involved, lol.  Tatum zings him with the "watching cars rust line" before all hell breaks loose. (I'm sure Solie has to hate Gossett for making reference to his drinking which has since been referenced on nearly every show in the game, lol)

Another great Luscious promo, I'm so glad you got him back!

I'll check back in shortly for the house show 

The heels dominated the first part of the show with wins for El Jefe, Tatum, and the Blondes which was awesome!

Regal gets a nice win over Kajagoogoo!

Highwaymen get the better of the Glamour Boys this time!

Backlund pulls off the submission wok over Luscious! This won't sit well at all!

The Heart Punch of Death strikes again!! Now he'll just have to keep Rollin Rollin Rollin....just kidding but he does seem to be a 'Bad Ass'....an American Bad Ass that is.....

Holy crap! Hacksaw is gone! Who in Florida will be able to stop Hercules??

Great stuff!

The encounter between John Tatum and Tom Zenk was built well with that fun confrontation on the previous show!

Steve Regal Kazaharu would've been a treat to see!

The Glamour Boys and the Highwaymen covered in welts is a great visual! I look forward to seeing how much worse the violence gets in this feud!

Bob Backlund is exactly the right answer to Lanny Poffo!

The Heart Punch! I loved seeing Texas Red turn his match around!

High drama in the main event, I think Jim Duggan deserves a second chance!

(Taped on Wednesday December 1st, 1986 and airing Saturday December 4th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

lHlY2qX.jpg

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie, and coming off of a big event last Sunday afternoon in Orlando, we have much to talk about here today, and we have quite an hour of action lined up for you. The new number one contender to the Florida Heavyweight Title Bob Backlund will be in action here today. We will see Kazaharu along with Skandor Akbar, and I'm certain Akbar will have something to say after the events of last Sunday afternoon. The Glamour Boys will be in action, and I know they have a lot on their minds. Texas Red will be here in our opening contest, and a little later we will see the return of one of Florida's all time favorites in Steve Keirn. Quite an hour indeed. Let's head down to the ring.

Match #1
-Texas Red defeated Rick Cohen with a Diving Elbow Drop.-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, I am joined by your winner Texas Red. Now Red, last weekend saw what appears to be the end of the war between yourself and the duo of Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer as you were the last man standing. As I understand it, Buzz Sawyer has left Florida for Alabama, and Matt Borne has not been heard of since he was removed from the building on a stretcher after you gave him that devastating Heart Punch. Can I get your thoughts on that situation, possibly get an update on The Spoiler, and ask what is next for you here in Florida?

Texas Red: Gordon Solie. I need everyone watching, and everyone who was in attendance last weekend in Orlando to understand something. I didn't mean for that to happen.

Gordon Solie: I don't understand.

Texas Red: The Heart Punch Gordon. I didn't mean to do that. That's a move I was taught and used when I first broke into this business, and I was a different person. I thought it was fun to hurt people, and hurt them bad, to show how mean and tough I was. Don't get me wrong, I know professional wrestling is a tough business and sometimes people get hurt, but the Heart Punch is too dangerous, which is why I stopped using it. But this thing with Sawyer and Borne....it got... I don't know.

Gordon Solie: I think it is safe to say that everyone watching and everyone that was there that night knows just how dangerous and how brutal both Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne can be. Whatever happened in the heat of the moment can certainly be forgiven.

A cheer goes up from the crowd

Texas Red: I appreciate that Gordon. As for The Spoiler, he got a little banged up during that match last week but he'll be back in no time. Once he returns, now that we are rid of those two, we can get down to business and make a run for those Florida Tag Team Titles.

Gordon Solie: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman. Texas Red! We'll be right back.

The big man raises a fist into the air and heads for the back as the show goes to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from commercial we see that Gordon Solie has been joined by "General" Skandor Akbar

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling. I've been joined by "General" Skand...

Skandor Akbar: They can see who has joined you Solie! So you quiet down because I have something to say to Steve Regal! Regal! You may have pulled a fast one last weekend and gotten a victory over my Oriental Assassin, but I can absolutely assure you that it will never happen again! So on behalf of my Kazaharu, I am challenging you to a third match to find out just who the better man is! What do you have to say to that "Mr. Electricity!"

Akbar heads toward the ring as the music of Kazaharu begins to play and the dangerous Japanese competitor heads to the ring.

Match #2
-Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar beat Jeffrey Howard by submission with the Rolling Japanese Sleeper.-

Gordon Solie: Kazaharu adds yet another victory to his impressive resume, and I for one hope that we in fact see that rubber match with Regal in the near future. Joining me momentarily will be the trio of Cocoa Samoa, Sivi Afi, and "Chief" Joe Lightfoot. This past weekend Lightfoot competed in a singles match against "El Jefe" Jose Estrada. At the conclusion of that contest, Estrada attempted to burn the eye of Joe Lightfoot with a cigar and would have succeeded if not for the interference of the South Pacific Islanders. Then later in the evening as the Islanders competed in a number one contenders match, Fidel and Ricky of The Cartel made their presence felt and cost the Islanders that contest. I'm certain these three men have much to say, so let's bring them on out here.

The Tampa Sportatorium gives a good ovation as Cocoa, Sivi, and Lightfoot join Gordon on the podium.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, I just recapped the events of this past weekend for the viewers at home. I'm certain you have plenty to say, so by all means.

Cocoa Samoa: Estrada! The three of us are done playing games withchu and your boys! You want to play with fire bruddah, then you gonna get burned!

Joe Lightfoot: What Cocoa is trying to say is that if gang warfare is what you want, than it is what you'll have. Our tribe challenges the Cartel to meet us three on three at the upcoming event in Fort Lauderdale at the War Memorial. I can think of no better place for us to meet.

Sivi Afi: Estrada. Fidel. Ricky. The three of you have brought The Islanders and The Chief together with your actions. Now our only actions are going to be to make you pay for the things you've done. We hope you are prepared.

The three men all thank Gordon and head for the back as the show goes to break.

-Commercial Break-

Match #3
-The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated The Bounty Hunters (I/II) when Simpson pinned II after Glam, Slam, Thank You Ma'am.-

The Glamour Boys make their way over to Gordon Solie after the win. Both Doll and Simpson seem far more somber than normal.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, this past weekend, another chapter in the long running saga of The Glamour Boys versus The Highwaymen was written as you met in a Double Strap Match. This match came less than twenty four hours after they perpetrated a heinous sneak attack on you during this program last week. During that match, you Mr. Simpson were hung from the ring by that strap, while you Mr. Doll were hit with the Spike Piledriver and pinned. I don't say this to provoke you, but it would seem that more often than not, you come out of this ongoing conflict the worse for wear.

Steve Simpson: You are absolutely correct Gordon. The Highwaymen have had our number more times than not. While we do hold victories over them, they have certainly achieved a far greater number of victories over us. They've proven time and time again that they are ruthless competitors who are willing to do whatever it takes to come out on top. They've jumped us from behind, hung us, hit us with chairs, nearly anything you can think of.

Steve Doll: But you know something Gordon? We've still come back! Because we have something those two don't have, and that's heart. Some people might call us stupid, some people might say we are crazy. But the fact of the matter is, The Glamour Boys know deep down that we are one of the best tag teams in the professional wrestling business, and we aren't going to let two no good bastards like Duncum and Hickerson kill our spirit!

Steve Simpson: That's right, we're not! So you can call us stupid! You can call us crazy! BUT... HIGHWAYMEN.... WE WANT YOU ONE LAST TIME....

Steve Doll: and we don't want just another match. We want to end this thing! One way or another, it needs to be over. SO WE WANT IT IN THE CAGE!!

Gordon Solie: There you have it Ladies and..

Steve Simpson: That's not all Gordon.

Steve Doll: When we say we want to end this thing, we mean it. One last match for all the marbles.

Steve Simpson: Glamour Boys versus The Highwaymen inside a Steel Cage..... LOSING TEAM SPLITS UP PERMANENTLY!!

Steve Doll: What do you say Duncum? Hickerson? You got the guts Highwaymen?

Doll and Simpson look pissed off as they head to the back, and Gordon gives an "Oh My" look at the camera as we head to another break.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Quite a bombshell that was dropped just before the break Ladies and Gentleman. The Glamour Boys have challenged The Highwaymen to a Cage match in which the losing team will no longer be able to team together. High stakes for certain, and we will have to see if The Highwaymen will take them up on that offer. If they do, we can assume that will take place at our next event coming up on the 19th of December at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale. That is our final scheduled event before the CWF takes a short break for the holiday season, so you can be sure that it will be a loaded card. Already set for that afternoon we have..

Hercules Hernandez vs Bob Backlund - Florida Heavyweight Championship

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Team Titles

Just Signed: The Cartel vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot & The South Pacific Islanders - 6 Man Tag

Those three matches alone are certain to be worth the price of admission, but I can assure you that many more will be signed before the 19th. Again, that is at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday the 19th with a 4pm bell time. Tickets will be on sale at the box office and usual outlets this Monday. Now let's head down to the ring for the Florida return of one Steve Keirn!

Match #4
-Steve Keirn beat Jack Spade after a Belly to Back Suplex.-

Gordon Solie: I'm here with your winner Steve Keirn! Steve, welcome back to Florida.

Steve Keirn: Thank You Gordon. You know, I've been gone a long time, touring all around this world and wrestling everybody who is anybody in this sport. But now I've come back home to Florida, and I want these people to know it's great to be back! Of all the places I've been the Florida fans are still the best, and the Florida girls are still the prettiest!

Gordon Solie: Ha Ha! Indeed they are! Can I ask what's on your agenda now that you are back?

Steve Keirn: Now that I'm back here in the CWF, you know I want to throw my name in the hat for a shot at that Florida Heavyweight Title. I've held those Tag Team Titles a whole lot of times, but I only ever managed to hold the Heavyweight Title once and I'd sure like another chance at it.

Gordon Solie: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman. Steve Keirn is back in Florida and looking for the gold. We'll be right back with the next challenger for the Florida Heavyweight Title, Bob Backlund. Don't go anywhere.

-Commercial Break-

Match #5
-Bob Backlund defeated Dave Kent by submission with the Cross Face Chicken Wing.-

Gordon Solie: I am joined by your winner, Bob Backlund. Now Bob, last weekend you defeated Lanny Poffo in a number one contenders match, and you will now challenge Hercules Hernandez for the Florida Heavyweight Title at our upcoming event in Fort Lauderdale. I would like to get your thoughts on that encounter and on Mr. Hernandez.

Bob Backlund: Firstly I would like to say that although I don't necessarily agree with the way that Mr. Poffo chooses to carry himself, last weekend he gave me a tough match and nearly had me locked in his version of the Chicken Wing. My reversal and his submission was a wonderful moment for me professionally, and given the opportunity I would shake his hand.

Gordon Solie: Well, I'm certain....

Bob Backlund: I WAS SPEAKING GORDON!!

Backlund gets wild eyed and turns to Solie, who just shakes his head and hands Backlund the microphone.

Bob Backlund: As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted....I would shake his hand. As for Mr. Hernandez and the Florida Heavyweight Title. I will of course look forward to having that championship around my waist and adding that accolade to my resume. Now Gordon, if you have something you would like to add, I have finished.

Gordon Solie: You seem very confident that you will defeat Hercules. Just last weekend he was victorious over "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and ran him out of Florida.

Bob Backlund: I fail to understand what that has to do with me Gordon?

Gordon Solie: I was just saying....

Bob Backlund: Are you comparing me to that blithering idiot Jim Duggan?

Gordon Solie: No. I was just saying....

Bob Backlund: ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT MR. BOB BACKLUND IS SOMEHOW INFERIOR TO HACKSAW DUGGAN IN EITHER SKILL OR INTELLECT!!!

Gordon Solie: I was simply....

Bob Backlund: GORDON SOLIE!! I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT YOU ONLY BROUGHT ME OVER HERE TO INSULT ME!

Gordon Solie: This interview is over.... can we get security....

Backlund grabs the microphone from Solie and throws it on the ground. Backlund is looking at his hands, and then looking at Solie who is backing away from him. Several members of the security staff arrive on the stage between Backlund and Solie, and after just a few moments hesitation, Backlund levels one of them with a clothesline!

The show goes off the air with Bob Backlund tossing members of the security staff around, as Gordon Solie slips away from the chaos.

One of the reasons I love wrestling from the 80's were the promos.  They just seemed so real and not so scripted like today.  I think you nailed all the promos today!  Texas Red came off so sincere that the fans would gave eaten that up!  Backlund's sudden anger in his promo was awesome.  I must admit that I was disappointed as I thought Backlund was going to be a babyface in Florida.  Not disappointed in you but that I was going to miss out on someone who has become one of my favorite heels in the game.  When he said "I WAS SPEAKING GORDON!!", I was really pumped for the future!

Also, Lightfoot, Avi and Samoa better be careful!  The Cartel is dangerous.

I heard once in an interview with Mike Graham that his father had a conversation with Vince McMahon on if there was anyone in Florida that he could put the WWF title on and Graham said Steve Keirn.  For some reason, Vince wanted Backlund instead but this goes to show you what Keirn meant to Florida Wrestling.  Nice to see him getting another run here.

Awesome show as always.

Kind of strange reading Red apologize knowing who he'd become but I believe him.

I'm all for a rubber match between Kazaharu & Regal.

The Tribe is ready for war with The Cartel.

The Glamor Boys vs The Highwaymen in a cage where the losing team disband forever? I don't see any other way to end this.

Looking forward to seeing what Keirn can do on his own.

Backlund is trying to be the professional but his issues are getting the better of him. Not a good way to be going against Hercules.