Pro Wrestling Only

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Blehschmidt

Sincere promo from Texas Red. That feud with Borne and Sawyer really got him over here. It also really got the danger of the heart punch over. 

Akbar makes the challenge. Kazaharu/Regal one more time...OH YEA! 

I would buy a ticket for the Islanders/Lightfoot-Cartel match alone. I'm into this feud. 

Oh my! Glamour Boys want one last match with the Highwaymen inside the steel cage! Add in the losing team disbands and we've got a guaranteed sell out. This has been one of the longest and best feuds in the game. Good job on always keeping it fresh. 

Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Fabs broke up. I'm so glad I got to do my RnR/Fabs dream feud. Looking forward to Keirn's run here. I defiantly see him having a run with the title. Welcome home Steve! 

That promo by Backlund was, well, priceless. I love how he snaps in a second. I'm actually pulling for him to win the title. A Backlund reign would be off the charts. 

No doubt about it, Florida is a hot spot. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that promo from the Red Texan was so well done! As mentioned it also gets the heart punch over in the process...great stuff!

Akbar is confident but he better not underestimate Regal!

"El Jefe" continues to be a favorite of mine! You're managing to make a bunch of guys I never cared about in real life interesting, which is impressive.

It looks like the long standing rivalry between The Highwaymen and The Glamour Boys may finally come to head....tough one to call!

Babyface Keirn is picture perfect for Florida! Can't wait to see what happens with him here!

Man, going back to your time booking WWF here, you're crazy Backlund is one of the most entertaining characters in the game, the way he went from 0 to 100 here with Gordon was amazing! Looking forward to seeing him challenge Hercules!

Another thoroughly show!

Great promo from Texas Red - it really helps craft a cool character. I'm looking forward to watching his career develop further!

A steel cage is a great place to take this feud between the Glamour Boys and the Highwaymen and the added stipulation adds a massive amount of drama!

I loved that wild ending, with Bob Backlund decking a security guard, I'm definitely interested in seeing him take on Hercules Hernandez now!

(Taped on Wednesday December 8th, 1986 and airing Saturday December 11th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

and other great stations across the Southeastern United States....

From the Tampa Sportatorium, this is....

lHlY2qX.jpg

Let's head down to ringside, with the voice of Professional Wrestling...

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie, and I'd like to start today by apologizing to all of you for the chaotic ending of last weeks show. Bob Backlund had just finished his match, and I was asking him about his upcoming bout for the Florida Heavyweight Title with Hercules Hernandez. During the course of that interview he became agitated and threatening towards me. Security arrived on my little stage here, and Mr. Backlund physically assaulted several members of our security team in the ensuing melee. As I understand it, Bob Backlund has been fined ten thousand dollars and has been suspended from competition here in Florida until his scheduled match with Hercules.

That being said, we have quite an hour lined up for you here this afternoon. The Florida Tag Team Champions Good and Plenty will be here in our featured contest today. We will also see The Highwaymen in tag team action, and I'm sure they will have something to say after the challenge laid down by The Glamour Boys last week. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal will join us in singles competition, as will "Hollywood" John Tatum along with his manager, the lovely Dark Journey. Right now, a new team, The Caribbean Connection is set for action. Let's head to the ring!

===========================================================================================================

Match #1
-The Caribbean Connection (SD Jones/Tyree Pride) defeated Snake Brown/The Blue Cyclone when Pride pinned Brown after a Flying Bodypress.-

===========================================================================================================

Gordon Solie: A nice win for The Caribbean Connection in their first outing as a team here in Championship Wrestling. I understand that those two will be appearing on our upcoming show at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale on December 19th. Which is already....

"You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC begins to play and interrupts whatever Gordon was about to say. After about twenty seconds of the song, "Hollywood" John Tatum comes strutting out from the back in a green robe that has "Hollywood" across the back in sparkling gold letters and is trimmed in gold feathers. Dark Journey follows behind him in a strapless green and white dress.

Gordon Solie: Mr. Tatum, I didn't have you scheduled out here until after the next break.

John Tatum: Look Solie, I know you like to take things one segment at a time, or twelve steps at a time, or something like that. But I needed to come out here and talk about something that happened last week.

Gordon Solie: I assume you mean what happened with Bob Backlund?

John Tatum: What? No! I don't care about some whack-a-doo beating up a couple fake cops while you ran out of here like someone yelled last call! I'm talking about Steve Keirn out here falling all over himself to suck up to all these derelicts Floridians last week. I mean, did you hear him prattling on and on about how much he loved Florida, and how pretty the girls in Florida are, and how happy he was to be in Florida, and Florida this, and Florida that, and Florida, Florida, Florida!

Gordon Solie: What's wrong with that?

John Tatum: What's wrong with that! Florida Stinks! That's what!

Steve Keirn comes from the back in jeans and a t-shirt and he doesn't look happy.

John Tatum: Oh Boy! Did you come out here to see how many more times you could say Florida before the break that Ole Drunky over here is worried about? You afraid there might be someone new in the audience whose butt you didn't kiss last week?

Steve Keirn: Why don't you shut up!

That draws a big pop from the Tampa Sportatorium, and one of Tatum's pouty faces.

Steve Keirn: You want to come out here and run down Florida so much, where you from big boy?

John Tatum: I knew you were stupid Keirn but come on. They call me "Hollywood" John for a reason. Because I am from Hollywood, California. You know,where a Florida Ten, would be about a Two!

Steve Keirn: That's real cute Tatum. But I just gotta ask one thing... How much does that one cost you an hour?

The crowd goes crazy at that remark. Tatum looks super pissed, Dark Journey looks super offended, and Gordon has an "Oh Dear" look on his face.

John Tatum: YOU COME OUT HERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT KEIRN!!

Steve Keirn: How about you and me down in Fort Lauderdale on the 19th....and if you hate Florida so much, when I beat you..... YOU CAN LEAVE!

John Tatum: FINE! But since you love it here so much, when I beat you... NO MORE FLORIDA FOR YOU... YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!!

Steve Keirn: Deal.

John Tatum: DEAL! Now get him outta here... I got a match!

Tatum grabs the hand of Dark Journey and storms off toward the ring. Keirn has a smirk on his face as he heads toward the back. Solie just nods to the camera as we fade to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Match #2
-"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey beat Ian Christopher with the California Kick.-

Gordon Solie: Your winner is "Hollywood" John Tatum who apparently has a date with Steve Keirn in a Loser Leaves T....

Tatum was headed for the back, but instead stomps back onto Gordon's stage.

John Tatum: Florida Stinks! Keirn Stinks! and I don't like you either Solie!

Tatum grabs Dark Journey and heads for the back.

Gordon Solie: My heart breaks. As I was saying, Tatum has a date with....

"Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top hits and The Fabulous Blondes come strutting out from behind the curtain, and head straight for Gordon Solie. For his part, Solie only rolls his eyes and gives a sharp exhale!

Gordon Solie: I am apparently now being joined by The Fabulous Blondes for an unscheduled interview. What can I do for you?

Rip Rogers: Listen here Sol-Patrol! We are on to you now! We know you are one of the elite here in Championship Wrestling trying to hold The Fabulous Blondes down, but we played your game and we won!

Chick Donovan: That's right Big Rip Daddy! You guys put us in there against those South Pacific Islanders because you didn't think me and the Ripper could beat a couple of Mexicans, but we beat them fair and square G-Man!

Gordon Solie: As I recall, you only won that match because The Cartel attacked Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi allowing you to pick up the victory.

Chick Donovan: Well.... that's not how I recall it Gordon!

Rip Rogers: Besides, the only Cartel around here is you and the rest of the suits trying to hold The Blondes down! But you couldn't do it! Now we are the number one contenders to the Florida Tag Team Titles and when we get that shot, we are bringing home the gold!

Chick Donovan: Oh Yeah! That's how it's going be, and if you don't like it, well that's just too bad Old Man Solie!

Rip and Chick both laugh at that comment like it's the funniest thing they've ever heard and then head for the curtain. Solie looks like he has a headache...

Gordon Solie: My goodness... Let's take a break.

-Commercial Break-

Match #3
-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal beat "From Outta Town" Snake Brown by submission with the Fort Lauderdale Leglock.-

Gordon Solie: I'm here with your winner Steve Regal, and it's nice to speak with someone who isn't a total lunatic.

Steve Regal: Having a rough night Gordon?

Gordon Solie: It's been interesting! Anyhow, last week "General" Skandor Akbar was out here and laid down a challenge on behalf of Kazaharu for you to meet him in a third and deciding match at our upcoming show in your hometown of Fort Lauderdale. How do you respond to that challenge?

Steve Regal: Well Gordon, I think Akbar and Kazaharu are a little embarrassed that I beat them at their own game. You fooled me once spitting that mist into my eyes, but when I saw it coming the second time, I wasn't about to be fooled again. So yeah, if you wanna go one more time to see who the better man is, I'm game. But don't think for even a second that "Mr. Electricity" isn't prepared for Akbar on the floor, or you to try and spray me with that crap. I beat you last time, and I'll beat you again. Only this time we'll be in Fort Lauderdale and I got a leglock with your name on it!

Regal pumps his fist as the fans cheer and he heads for the back.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with The Highwaymen.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I have been joined by The Highwaymen before they head to the ring for their match, and I have to ask. You heard the challenge from The Glamour Boys last week, what do you have to say?

Bobby Duncum: We hafta say that them two fellas got more guts than brains. We done beat them from Texas to New York to Florida, and they keep comin' back for another fight. Simpson, Doll... we may'na like ya, but we know ya's tough.

Phil Hickerson: What my partner is trying to say Gordon Solie, is that The Glamour Boys have guts to spare. But they have to be two of the stupidest men we've ever seen. Time and time again we've beaten them half to death, and they keep coming back for more. Now they want to challenge us to a fight inside of a steel cage where they have nowhere to run, and on top of that they want it so that the losing team can't never team up together again?

Gordon Solie: That is what they said.

Phil Hickerson: Well we damn sure accept. It's time we end this thing, it's time we send these two pretty boy punks out of our way, and it's time we get back to winning gold. So Glamour Boys, we'll see you inside that cage.

Bobby Duncum: Ya'll hear that Glamour Boys? That the sound of the end comin' for ya! When we get you two boys inside the cage, ain't nothin' you can do, and ain't no one can come and stop us. Ya Unnastan?

Match #4
-The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) defeated Shane Tylor/Ken Johnson when Duncum pinned Tylor after a Spike Piledriver.-

Gordon Solie: Well Ladies and Gentleman, the challenge has been accepted, and it is official as our main event at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday afternoon December the 19th. The feud that has spanned over two years and across several states will come to an end inside of a steel cage when The Glamour Boys of Steve Doll and Steve Simpson meet The Highwaymen of Bobby Duncum and Phil Hickerson in a match where the losing will be forced to disband permanently. It will most likely be a bloody war and you can be there live! Let's run down everything we have lined up as of now....

Main Event: The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - STEEL CAGE - Losing Team Must Disband!!

Hercules Hernandez vs Bob Backlund - Florida Heavyweight Championship

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Team Titles

The Cartel vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot & The South Pacific Islanders - 6 Man Tag Team Match!

Just Signed: Steve Keirn vs "Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey - Loser Leaves Town!

Just Signed: "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal vs Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar - The Rubber Match!

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man vs Tom Zenk

As you can see folks, a huge night of action already in store, and still a match or two to be signed as I understand it. You don't want to miss it! Again that is Sunday afternoon, December 19th at 4pm at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale. Tickets are on sale at the box office. We will be right back with our featured contest with Florida Tag Team Champions Good and Plenty in action, don't go anywhere!

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-Good & Plenty (Ray Candy/Skip Young) defeated The Orderlies (Orderly 1/Orderly 2) when Skip Young hit a Ray Candy assisted Senton from the top rope and pinned Orderly 2.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winners, the Florida Tag Team Champions, "Candyman" Ray Candy, "Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young, Good and Plenty! Gentleman, it's a pleasure to have you out here, and that was quite an impressive maneuver you just used!

Skip Young: Thank You Gordon. We call that the Tootsie Roll!

Gordon Solie: The Tootsie Roll?

Ray Candy: That's right Gordon. Cause Sugar gets up on that rope, and I grab his hands and flip him on over, and BOOM... that boy on the mat just got Tootsie Rolled!

Gordon Solie: Ha! Ha! Well, all right. Now gentleman, a few weeks ago you defended those Florida Tag Team Titles over in Japan, would you like to tell us about that?

Skip Young: Sho' nuff Gordon. We was over there in Japan and we defended these belts against the likes of Sakaguchi and Nishuwa.

Ray Candy: We beat Mr. Chang and his partner Thunder Yamazaki

Skip Young: We even went to a draw with the Japanese Tag Team Champions Subanoku and Yokabusa

Gordon Solie: It sounds like quite the successful trip. While you were gone, by hook or by crook, and it was mostly by crook, The Fabulous Blondes became the top contenders for those titles yet again. Can I get your thoughts on having to face them yet again?

Ray Candy: Lord Gordon, how many times do we have to beat them two?

Gordon Solie: Well it would seem...

Ray Candy: I'm just pullin' your leg Gordon! We'll just do what we do, and we'll beat 'em again.

Skip Young: and this time we are for sure getting you to do the cabbage patch Gordon!

Gordon Solie: Well, I'm still not sure about that.

Skip Young: C'mon Gordon, you telling us you never been out dancin?

Gordon Solie: Well, in my youth I may have cut a rug a time or two.

Both Candy and Young bust out laughing and walk away, waving off Solie like they can't take him. Candy can be heard saying "he cut a rug a time or two" in between laughs. Finally Skip Young walks back over and pats Gordon on the shoulder.

Skip Young: Oh Gordon. You Funny! That's why we love coming out here to talk with you.

Gordon Solie:  I don't see what was so funny.

Skip Young: I know. That's why it funny. Have a good one Gordon.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, Good and Plenty!

The crowd pops for the Florida Tag Team Champions as they head for the back. Candy appears to still be laughing as Sweet Brown Sugar points to the crowd.

Gordon Solie: That's all the time we have here today Ladies and Gentleman. Be sure to join us next week when the Florida Heavyweight Champion Hercules Hernandez will be here in singles competition. We will also see the return of Sabu to competition along with his advisor The Sheik and his manager "General" Akbar. The exciting youngster Tom Zenk will be in action, and we will see The Spoiler and Texas Red in tag team competition. You won't want to miss it. Until then, I'm Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State!

The Caribbean Connection is a team to keep an eye on.

Poor Gordon! Having to deal with Tatum & The Blondes back-to-back. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually needed a drink. At least if Keirn has his way Tatum won't be around for much longer.

Regal accepts & the rubber match is set.

As is the Cage match! Shame to see this feud finally end.

After the heckling earlier in the show, I expect Gordon could appreciate some good natured teasing from Good and Plenty. I agree the idea of Solie "cut(ting) a rug" is pretty funny.

The promos are so entertaining! I mean, everybody is getting over with them. Great stuff.

I would have loved to have seen Backlund's face when he got fined and suspended. I wonder if somebody called him instead of telling him to his face? 

SD Jones and Tyree Pride, The Caribbean Connection. What a great pairing.

I know I'm in for something funny when Tatum's music hits. This time, he might've backed himself in a corner. Tatum's Florida run might be cut short by Keirn. LOL, once again Tatum comes back for one last insult. 

HAHAHA, only the Blondes could follow Tatum. Sol-Patrol, G-Man. I love these guys. 

Mr. Electricity gives Gordon a much needed break. I can't call the rubber match. I can see either one of these guys going over. Akbar might be the deciding factor. 

Highwaymen give the Glamor Boys some respect but vow to end them in the cage. Once again, this feud has been one of the game's best. This is what good storytelling is all about. These 4 men aren't the biggest names in wrestling but it's been one of the best and most followed storylines. Props to you Bleh. 

The 12-19 card is stacked. Every match means something.

LOL, show ends on the highest of highs with Good and Plenty. These guys are so likeable. 

Great show.  I really enjoyed reading it.  Usually, a Loser-Leave Town Match occurs after months and months of a nasty feud but you have pulled it off in one match and if fit perfectly.  Your whole "Florida" issue really makes sense!  Great job!

I also love how many fines and suspensions we use in Dawn of War to hype up a situation.  I don't recall this as being the case when I was young and I guess that is because rosters were small big stars sold the tickets.  Your suspension of Backlund adds so much to his match with Herc!  Another really well done angle.  Can't wait to here Hercs side of all of this.  Too bad wrestling in 1986 couldn't have added some of the things that we have to the sport.  Instead, it started to go the way of VInce and Sports Entertainment and I lost all interest.

Great card in Ft. Lauderdale with a lot of cool stipulations.  Great job making Florida very interesting.  I remember trying to play with the antennas and the tv in my NY home trying to get Florida to come in on UHF TV.  I think I would still be fiddling today with it to see some of your cool angles.  

Another great episode here as you seem to be finding your groove here in Florida as you are really dialed in on the promos. 

This might be my favorite promo from Tatum yet as he really called Keirn out on last week's promo and you can honestly see why Keirn would agree they can't co-exist in Florida, somebody has to go!

Another homerun promo from the Blondes as they are quickly becoming the "must see" tag team of the entire game!

The Caribbean Connection will be another fun team that should be a great fit here in Florida.

I had my doubts at first but Steve Regal just works here as a babyface.

The Highwaymen/Glamour Boys wars will certainly go down as one of the great original feuds that was created entirely here in the game and I'm on he edge of my seat waiting to see who wins this cage match!

Backlund vs. Hercules is another one that's too close to call....what a great card coming up on 12/19!

How could anyone not like Good & Plenty. The "tootsie roll"....such good shit, pal!!  Fun stuff as always! I sincerely hope to see a "If Gordon doesn't cut a rug, we RIOT!" sign in the crowd soon!

(Taped on Wednesday December 15th, 1986 and airing Saturday December 18th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

and other great stations across the Southeastern United States....

From the Tampa Sportatorium, this is....

lHlY2qX.jpg

Let's head down to ringside, with the voice of Professional Wrestling...

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie, and we are just one day away from our final event of 1986. It takes place tomorrow afternoon at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale, and what an afternoon of action we have lined up for you there! We'll get into that a little later in this hour, and we also have quite an action packed line up here for you today. We are going to see the Florida Heavyweight Champion Hercules Hernandez in our featured contest! The tag team of Texas Red and The Spoiler will be in action. Exciting youngster Tom Zenk will be here, as will the rookie, "Beach Boy" Allen West who has been out touring the country gaining valuable experience. But up first we have another rookie who has made quite the impact here in Championship Wrestling, the nephew of The Sheik, managed by "General" Skandor Akbar, he is Sabu.

Match #1
-Sabu w/The Sheik & Skandor Akbar defeated Jeffrey Howard after a top rope legdrop and the Camel Clutch.-

Gordon Solie: Another impressive victory for Sabu. This young man has all the talent in the world. It's just unfortunate that his influences are men such as Akbar and The Sheik. Up next we have another impressive young rookie....

Akbar, Sabu, and The Sheik head toward Solie instead of going directly to the back.

Gordon Solie: General, I didn't have you scheduled for an interview at this time.

Skandor Akbar: Solie, you fool! What you have scheduled means nothing to a man like me! I manage the Florida Heavyweight Champion! I manage the Japanese Assassin! I manage the most dangerous rookie this business has ever seen! Do you think that I care about your schedules!! No! I only...

"Pipeline" by The Ventures hits as "Beach Boy" Allen West comes out for the next contest. A big cheer goes up from the crowd, both for West, and for Akbar being interrupted!

Skandor Akbar: What is the meaning of this Solie!!

Gordon Solie: He's in the next match, and I told you, you weren't scheduled.

Allen West stops and flashes a "Hang Loose" hand gesture at Akbar and his crew before continuing to the ring. Both Sabu and The Sheik start after him, but security quickly hits the scene and ushers them backstage. A ranting Akbar follows after them as the show goes to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Match #2
-"Beach Boy" Allen West defeated Jack Spade with a Belly to Belly Suplex.-

Gordon Solie: The Beach Boy picks up the victory against Spade in dominant fashion, but his next match won't be so easy as I have just been informed that he will now face the undefeated Sabu tomorrow afternoon in Fort Lauderdale. That is going to be a tremendous battle of the two top rookies here in Florida. You won't want to miss it Ladies and Gentleman. Now, I was also just informed that we received a piece of video a little earlier that we are going to show to you right now. Be warned that it is of a graphic nature, and you may want to send younger viewers out of the room.

We cut to a grainy feed that looks like it is coming from a security camera. We see a car pull up, and after several moments we see Sivi Afi get out of the car. He walks around to the back of the car and opens the trunk and looks to be rummaging around for something. Then from off camera we see Ricky Santana come running into frame and slam the trunk lid down onto the back and head of Afi. From the other side Fidel Sierra comes into the picture carrying a baseball bat, which he swings into the back of the knee of Afi. This causes Sivi to collapse to the ground, his upper half sliding slowly out of the trunk. Then finally we see "El Jefe" Jose Estrada come strolling into the picture, puffing away on his cigar. Ricky and Fidel start putting the boots to the fallen Afi, then when Estrada appears to give the sign, they jerk him to his feet. Estrada takes one last big puff of his cigar, then shoves it into the face of Afi, which is when the footage cuts off.

Gordon Solie: An absolutely heinous attack perpetrated on Sivi Afi as he was heading to the gym for a work out. As I understand it, he required surgery to repair his knee and emergency surgery to save his vision. He will be out of action for quite some time. Our camera caught up with Cocoa Samoa as he was leaving the hospital this afternoon, and he had these words.

We cut to a VTR of Cocoa Samoa outside of Tampa General Hospital. He is wearing shorts, flip flops, and a tank top and looks like he rushed there from whatever he was doing.

Cocoa Samoa: Bruddah. I know I should be yellin' and screamin' right now, but I'm so mad... I'm calm. Estrada. Cartel. You have no idea what you've done. 'Dis thing has always been personal, but now you've gone after Aiga... FAMILY! You think this means you've won, but what it means is that we gotta get a whole lot meaner. You think this means we're down a man in Fort Lauderdale. This just means I gotta call someone to come fight by my side. My Aiga. My Family. You may have taken out Sivi Afi, but my Little Cousin is already on his way here from Samoa. I can't wait for you boys to meet him. The War Memorial is about to see a new war.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. Up next we have tag team action featuring The Spoiler and Texas Red. They recently disposed of their rivals here in Florida, and according to Red will now be focusing on the Florida Tag Team Titles. Let's head down to the ring.

Match #3
-The Spoiler/Texas Red beat Dave Kent/Jeremy Clark in a match that saw The Spoiler never tag in, when Red pinned Clark following a Diving Elbow Drop.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winners, The Spoiler and Texas Red. Now gentleman, you have seemingly run both Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne out of Florida. So with that albatross no longer around your necks, are the Florida Tag Team Titles next on your agenda.

Both men are silent, and after a few moments Red looks over at The Spoiler as if he expected him to say something. When it becomes apparent he isn't, Red begins...

Texas Red: Well Gordon Solie, we never intended to get caught up in a war with the likes of Borne and Sawyer. But now that we finished it, I think we can definitely say that the Florida Tag Team Titles are....

The Spoiler turns and walks away from the interview area cutting Red off mid-sentence. He gets just about to the curtain to go back stage, when Red finds his voice again.

Texas Red: HEY! What in the hell is wrong with you?

The Spoiler stops in his tracks and appears to be contemplating something for a moment before turning and walking back to where Red and Solie are standing.

The Spoiler: What the hell's wrong with me? NO! The question's what the hell's wrong with you!

Texas Red: What are you getting at?

The Spoiler: I get a little banged up during that fight, and when I'm not here, you show up on this show apologizing for what you did to Borne? Telling these people that you regret using the Heart Punch, and how you're a changed man. What a load of crap.

Texas Red: Look man, don't do this. You know I hurt a lot of people out West.

The Spoiler: GOOD! I want you to hurt a lot of people here too! You want us to be Florida Tag Team Champions, that's how we do it.

Texas Red: No. Not like that. I'm not doing it like that.

This time it is Texas Red who tries to walk away, but The Spoiler catches his shoulder and spins him back around so they are face to face.

The Spoiler: Then you can do it without me.

Texas Red: What exactly are you saying?

The Spoiler: I'm saying I don't want some scared little man as my partner. I'm saying if you've lost your killer instinct and now you are going to be some tenderfooted son of a bitch trying to make these people cheer for him....well then how about you and I fight it out tomorrow in Lauderdale?

Texas Red: I don't want to fight you.

The Spoiler: Yeah. Of course you don't.....

The Spoiler lashes out with a big right hand that catches Texas Red by surprise. Spoiler walks away shaking his head, as Red comes up holding his jaw, fire in his eyes. He looks over to Gordon who holds the microphone back out toward him.

Texas Red: I'll be in Fort Lauderdale.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. Before the break we saw what appears to be the end of the Texas Red/Spoiler pairing, and I can confirm that the match has been signed for tomorrow afternoon in Fort Lauderdale at the War Memorial. This final event of 1986 is shaping up to be the biggest event that the new CWF has put on as of yet, and you do not want to miss it. Tickets are still available but are in short supply. Let's now go over what we have in store...

Main Event: The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - STEEL CAGE - Losing Team Must Disband!!

Hercules Hernandez vs Bob Backlund - Florida Heavyweight Championship

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Team Titles

The Cartel vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot & The South Pacific Islanders - 6 Man Tag Team Match!

Steve Keirn vs "Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey - Loser Leaves Town!

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal vs Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar - The Rubber Match!

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man vs Tom Zenk

Just Signed: Texas Red vs The Spoiler

Just Signed: Sabu w/The Sheik & Skandor Akbar vs "Beach Boy" Allen West

The Caribbean Connection in tag team action

Just a barn burner of a card Ladies and Gentleman, so be sure to get your ticket and join us live tomorrow afternoon, Sunday December the 19th at 4pm at the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale. Let's head now to a man who will be in action tomorrow afternoon, Tom Zenk.

Match #4
-Tom Zenk beat "From Outta Town" Snake Brown with a high dropkick followed by a Sleeper Hold.-

During the match "Luscious" Lanny Poffo arrived at ringside. He was wearing a black suit with a pink shirt and a black tie. He was also wearing a black veil over his face. He never got involved in the match, he just stood somberly in the corner and watched Zenk compete.

As Poffo is walking away from ringside, with none of his usual theatrics, he strays a little too close to Gordon Solie who stops him with a question.

Gordon Solie: Lanny Poffo, you seem unusually somber here today and displayed almost no emotion as you were watching Tom Zenk compete. I also don't see Woman or Man anywhere around. Can I ask what this is all about?

Lanny Poffo: I'm still in mourning you fool.

Gordon Solie: Mourning for what?

Lanny Poffo: Mourning for my shot at the Florida Heavyweight Title. Mourning for my Painacle. Mourning for my undefeated streak.

Gordon Solie: So this has to do with when you were defeated by Bob Backlund?

Lanny Poffo: Of course it does you simpleton! For you see I thought that my finishing hold was the Pinnacle of Pain, but Mr. Backlund reversed it with ease and slapped me in his version that he calls the Crossface Chicken Wing, and I have to tell you that it was delightfully painful Gordon. I writhed and thrashed and bucked against him, but there was nothing I could do. I submitted to a superior man that night and since then I have been in a dark place.

Gordon Solie: So, what does that mean for "Luscious" Lanny Poffo?

Lanny Poffo: It means I have been refining my version of the hold, which will now also be referred to as the Crossface Chicken Wing because for it to become the real pinnacle of pain, I have to make it just as hard and firm as Bob's. Tomorrow afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, that pretty little man we just saw Tom Zenk becomes the unfortunate soul who gets to feel just how hard and firm I have become when I cinch him up, wrap my legs around him, and squeeze until he squeals! Doesn't that sound delightful Gordon?

Gordon Solie: Uh..whatever you say Mr. Poffo.

Lanny Poffo: Mmm Hmm. Whatever I say indeed Gordo. I'm feeling better already. I'll give your regards to Woman, and Man. See you next time sweetie.

Gordon Solie: Let's uhhh... let's take a break and come back with our featured contest.

-Commercial Break-

Match #5
-Hercules Hernandez w/Skandor Akbar defeated Willie Sparks by submission with the Torture Backbreaker.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner, the Florida Heavyweight Champion Hercules Hernandez and his manager "General" Skandor Akbar. Gentleman, tomorrow afternoon, former WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund will stand across the ring and challenge for that Florida Heavyweight Title. Can I please have your thoughts on that contest?

Hercules Hernandez: Gordon Solie! Since the moment I had this belt strapped around my waist I have been unbeatable, and if Bob Backlund thinks he is going to be the man to take it from me, he's got another thing coming!

Skandor Akbar: That's right Hercules! You made Zenk cry like a baby to take that belt, and then you ran that idiot Duggan right out of Florida! Now tomorrow afternoon, we can add Bob Backlund to that list. It's just a shame that he's too much of a coward to agree to leave Florida when he loses too!

Hercules Hernandez: I don't need any stipulations. I am the most powerful man in wrestling and when I hook him in the backbreaker, he'll give up like all the rest!

Skandor Akbar: Of course! Of course! I was just saying, it would be nice to run another idiot like Duggan out of Florida!

Hercules looks a bit pissed off, and turns to look Akbar eye to eye.

Hercules Hernandez: and I am saying, I don't need you making any more stipulations! The fact of the mat...

Hercules is cut off mid-sentence as Bob Backlund comes power walking out from behind the curtain. He is dressed in a gray suit and bow tie, and steps right up to wear Hercules and Akbar are standing. He is already red in the face and looks about half crazed.

Gordon Solie: Now hold on a moment! Mr. Backlund, you are suspended until tomorrow afternoon, and are not supposed to be in this building.

Bob Backlund: GORDON SOLIE! I'll ask that you refrain from interjecting in this conversation, as I have come out here to address the statements that were just made by Mr. Akbar and Mr. Hernandez!

Gordon holds up his hands as if to say whatever, and Akbar does his best to slip behind Hercules. Hercules looks totally unafraid of Backlund, and Backlund has the same stern, crazy look on his face.

Bob Backlund: I will begin with you Hercules, if that is even your real name! I understand that you are the champion around here, and that commands a certain level of respect! But I believe that you are forgetting just who you are stepping into the ring with tomorrow afternoon. I AM BOB BACKLUND!! I HAVE BEEN THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!! So don't you dare think for a moment that you will run over me, just because you have a million dollar body! I have decimated men such as yourself on my worst day, and I... CAN.. ASSURE YOU.. that tomorrow, will not be my worst day!!

Skandor Akbar: Then prove it Backlund! If you are so confident that you can beat Hercules, agree to leave Florida if you are defeated!

Hercules shoots an annoyed look at Akbar, while Backlund begins to shake his head.

Bob Backlund: I fail to see how I would benefit....

Skandor Akbar: So you have less courage than "Hacksaw" Duggan?

Backlund's face goes almost blank, then his lips begin to form the hint of a smile several times. Then... he explodes....

Bob Backlund: I AM TWICE THE MAN THAT JIM DUGGAN IS!! THREE TIMES THE MAN!!! HOW DARE YOU!! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!

Skandor Akbar: So you accept?

Bob Backlund: OF COURSE I ACCEPT!!! I AM BOB BACKLUND!!! I WILL BE CHAMPION!!! I AM THE CHAMPION!!

Backlund lunges at Hercules and the brawl is on. Akbar and Solie both head for higher ground, and a swarm of security that had apparently been waiting for things to get physical is on the scene in seconds. Backlund is pulled away still ranting and screaming, while Hercules just grabs his belt and walks calmly to the back looking pissed off. Akbar follows behind looking like the cat that ate the canary. Gordon returns to the microphone and is shaking his head as the camera comes in for the show close.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, things just keep getting crazier heading into tomorrow afternoon in Fort Lauderdale. If you can make it to the War Memorial, you are going to want to join us for the last show of the year as it is going to be a good one. As for this show, we will be back on the air on the 8th of January with all of your favorite Championship Wrestling from Florida stars. Until then, this is Gordon Solie saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and So Long from the Sunshine State!

The two top rookies in Florida pick up steam before their match tomorrow night. I think Allen may be in a bit over his head.

The Cartel take out Afi in a brutal assault! Whoever Cocoa's little cousin is, he better be ready for a fight.

The Spoiler doesn't take kindly to Red trying to turn over a new leaf. Let's see if they can settle this in Fort Lauderdale.

That may have been the best Solie/Poffo interview yet!

Backlund may have just made a colossal mistake. But Akbar may also be making a mistake by ignoring Hercules' clear instructions.

Fort Lauderdale is gonna be can't miss!

I am really enjoying all of your angles and looking forward to the War Memorial event.  Between the Cartel, the spat between Spoiler and Red, Backlund-Herc and Lanny Poffo, I really enjoyed reading CWF.  You have done a great job of developing both the characters, gimmicks and angles.  Thanks for all the hard work!

I like the way you set up the Sabu/West match. Talk about two total opposites. We'll see which rookie moves up a notch. 

WHOA! The Cartel put Siva out of action with a vicious parking lot attack. Cocoa's so pissed he's calm. Can't wait to see the family member he's bringing in. I'm sure this angle sold a few more tickets. 

Didn't see this coming as Spoiler goes off on Red and even punches him! Fantastic details. I think Spoiler might bring out the worst in Red. Another tremendous match signed. 

Tomorrow's card is stacked! Every match has interest. 

Zenk gets in a solid win but the very bizarre Poffo awaits. Poffo's creepiness is at an all time high. I fear for Zenk and hope he doesn't get caught in Poffo's new and improved crossface chicken wing. 

Akbar seems to be getting under Herc's skin. Things take a wild turn as Backlund comes out and goes crazy. Akbar might be smarter than we think. Will Backlund end up like Duggan? After this go home segment, I believe this guarantees a sellout. 

Once again, props to your descriptions of the wrestler's gear and scenes. Makes it so easy to visualize. 

TvkSBBY.png

War Memorial Auditorium

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sunday December 19th, 1986

Bell Time: 4:00pm

Tag Team Contest

The Caribbean Connection (SD Jones/Tyree Pride) defeated The Bounty Hunters (I/II) when Pride pinned II after a Double Headbutt.

Singles Contest

Sabu w/ The Sheik & Skandor Akbar vs "Beach Boy" Allen West

A fast paced affair from the start that saw both men in control at different points. Coming down the line, Sabu looked to have things in control and was working on the back of West setting up the Camel Clutch. Sabu went to the top for the Legdrop, but "Beach Boy" rolled out of the way at the last minute causing Sabu to crash and burn. Both men were slow to their feet, but Sabu was first to recover and charged West who caught him in a Belly to Belly Suplex and pinned him for the One, Two, Three! The fans went crazy and West rolled quickly out of the ring to celebrate with them. As soon as the count came down, Akbar threw up his hands in disgust and walked away from ringside.

Singles Contest

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/ Woman & Man beat Tom Zenk with a roll up and a handful of tights.

Singles Contest

Texas Red vs The Spoiler

Even after getting slapped in the face, Red was still hesitant to fight his mentor. Spoiler has no such reservations and laid into his protege with hard rights and lefts and anything else he could think of. For several minutes Red fought only defensively, until finally Spoiler pie faced him to the mat and audibly yelled "Fight me you big red sissy" which seemed to light a fire in the lanky Texan. Red came back with a vengeance beating Spoiler from pillar to post until the masked man used a kick to the groin to halt the momentum of Red. Spoiler raised his gloved hand into the air calling for the Claw, but as he went to apply it, Red caught his wrist and jerked his arm back behind his head in position for the Heart Punch. He drew his other fist back, but hesitated and shook his head...until Spoiler yelled out "Do it you Son of a Bitch!" Red glared at Spoiler for just a moment and mouthed something to him, before plowing his fist into the chest of his mentor, sending him collapsing to the canvas. Texas Red didn't even bother to cover The Spoiler, he simply walked to a corner as the referee checked on the masked man and declared him unable to continue. Red raised his fist into the air and left the ring, passing the gurney in the aisle.

Singles Contest

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal and Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar wrestled to a Time Limit Draw in 20 Minutes

-INTERMISSION-

Six Man Tag Team Contest

The Cartel ("El Jefe" Jose Estrada, Fidel Sierra, Ricky Santana) vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot, Cocoa Samoa, ???

The Cartel were already in the ring when Lightfoot and Samoa made their entrance. Samoa took the microphone and repeated what he said on television that since The Cartel took out Sivi Afi, he had to call his little cousin to come in and take his place. "El Jefe" and the boys seemed to be having a good laugh at Samoa and his little cousin, until Cocoa introduced the 6'4", 375lb Kokina as their partner. The laughing was quickly replaced with looks of concern after that.

This started as a heated but fairly normal tag team affair with Samoa and Lightfoot squaring off against all three Cartel guys, but the whole atmosphere changed when big Kokina finally tagged in. He tossed Ricky around like he was nothing, then the larger Fidel came in and didn't fair a whole lot better. Finally Estrada came into the ring, and instead of getting physical offered Kokina a crisp, clean one hundred dollar bill. The big man happily accepted it, and then began to eat it much to the horror of Estrada and the delight of the crowd. Estrada then charged at Kokina and ate a giant headbutt for his trouble.

Finally all three members of The Cartel decided to try at once, which brought Lightfoot and Samoa into the ring. Soon a donnybrook had erupted and it didn't take long for the referee to throw the whole thing out. The brawl continued, and that is when things took a bad turn. In the melee, Estrada got knocked out of the ring early, and then somehow the ensuing brawl saw both of the other Cartel members and both Samoans fight out of the ring. This left Joe Lightfoot alone in the ring watching them brawl on the floor, and he failed to see "El Jefe" sneak into the ring behind him!

Estrada was clutching what looked to be a screwdriver that he must have gotten from under the ring in his hand as he snuck up on Lightfoot. The crowd was screaming and pointing which caused Lightfoot to turn around, and when he did "El Jefe" went for the eye again and Lightfoot collapsed to the mat, clutching his eye and screaming out in pain. Estrada quickly escaped as Cocoa Samoa and Kokina headed back for the ring, and The Cartel regrouped and headed for the back. A steady stream of blood could be seen coming from between the fingers of Lightfoot as he clutched his face, and for the second time tonight, medical personnel were quickly headed to ringside.

Loser Leaves Town Match

"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey vs Steve Keirn

Tatum was extra obnoxious tonight, strutting and stalling and mouthing off to the crowd. The cheers for Keirn were deafening, which made Tatum put on his pouty face, and have Dark Journey cover his ears. Finally when the match got under way, Keirn took it to Tatum much to the delight of the Fort Lauderdale crowd. Tatum was tossed around the ring by Keirn, and bailed out to the floor several times, only to get the same treatment when he returned to the ring. Keirn definitely seemed to have his number to the point that Tatum attempted to walk out for the Count Out, only to be reminded of the Loser Leaves Town stipulation which sent him running back down to the ring just in the nick of time!

Tatum finally managed to take control with a rake of the eyes and was able to work over Keirn for a bit, but Steve didn't stay down for long and began firing back with lefts and rights that had "Hollywood" rocking. Keirn shot Tatum into the rope, and hooked him in the Sleeper Hold on the rebound which had the crowd going crazy. Tatum looked to be just about out of it when Dark Journey got up on the apron and distracted the referee. With the referees attention turned, Tatum kicked his leg backwards and caught Keirn in the groin, which got him to release the hold. A groggy Tatum fired off the California Kick directly into the chin of Keirn who was holding his groin and caught him hard underneath the chin. Keirn went down, Tatum collapsed on top of him, Dark Journey dropped down off the apron, and the referee turned around and counted the One, Two, Three as the crowd sat in shocked silence!

Florida Tag Team Title Match

Good & Plenty (Ray Candy/Skip Young) beat The Fabulous Blondes (Chick Donovan/Rip Rogers) when Candy pinned Rogers following the Tootsie Roll to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles.

Florida Heavyweight Title Match (Bob Backlund has agreed to leave CWF if he loses)

Hercules Hernandez w/Skandor Akbar vs Bob Backlund

Backlund started this match rationally and controlled Hercules with pure wrestling in the opening minutes. Hercules was able to take over after powering out of a Backlund waistlock, and began using his brute strength to beat Backlund down for several minutes, attacking his back with hammer blows and forearms. Hernandez made a mistake and went for his Torture Backbreaker far too early, which allowed Backlund to slip out and hit his classic Atomic Drop which sent Hercules sailing out of the ring. It was here that the whole tempo of the match changed as Backlund followed Hercules to the floor, and Skandor Akbar attempted to interfere. Backlund snapped and laid Akbar out with a headbutt that left the General with a trickle of blood running from between his eyes. Backlund then tossed Hercules back into the ring and attacked him with a renewed ferocity, mauling the left of arm of Hercules with elbow drops, stomps, and anything else he could think to do to it. Finally Backlund called for the Crossface Chicken Wing, and he underhooked the left arm of Hercules, and tried to wrap the right arm around his huge neck, but Hercules struggled the best he could, and between the sheer size of his chest and arms and the amount of struggling, Backlund was unable to hook the hold. So instead Bob grabbed Hercules around the waist, ran him into the ropes and dropped back for his patented O'Connor Roll. Much to the surprise of Backlund, Hercules sat down with all of his weight, halting the momentum and pinning Backlund's shoulders to the mat, and the referee counted One, Two, Three!!

WINNER, and STILLLL... FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION..... HERCULES HERNANDEZ!!

Hercules quickly exiting the ring, clutching the championship belt with his right arm, and was followed out by Akbar who was holding his bleeding head. In the ring Backlund was sitting in the center of the ring absolutely stunned. After a few moments of this, he locks eyes with the referee and begins yelling at him. Backlund gets quickly to his feet as the referee makes a hasty retreat out of the ring and begins heading up the aisle. Backlund is locked in on his target though and chases the referee up the aisle!

The referee makes it through the curtain and out of sight, and just as Backlund reaches the curtain, Man comes out from behind the curtain and levels him with a big clothesline. Just a few steps behind him comes "Luscious" Lanny Poffo who moves around behind Backlund who is already trying to struggle to his feet. As soon as he reaches a standing position, Poffo locks Backlund in the Crossface Chicken Wing and drags him to the ground. Security attempts to intervene but the 6'5", 300lb Man holds them all at a bay until Poffo has apparently made his point. Lanny releases the hold, gets to his feet and brushes himself off, then follows Man behind the curtain as he parts the security like the Red Sea. The security personnel are joined by medical as they help Backlund out of the arena, and out of CWF.

Tag Team Cage Match (Losing Team May No Longer Be Partners)

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) vs The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson)

As soon as the cage door closed, the war was on, and this time The Glamour Boys were the aggressors. Doll and Simpson were all over Duncum and Hickerson just blasting them with punches and kicks and forgetting any semblance of actual wrestling. Simpson drew first blood, grinding the face of Hickerson into the cage and then scraping it back and forth across the mesh before tossing him hard to the canvas. When Hickerson got back to his feet, he was pouring like a faucet. While he was down that allowed The Glamour Boys to double team Duncum, and they ran him from one side of the cage to the other smashing his face into the cage on one side, the back across to taste the steel on the other side. It wasn't long before the big cowboy joined his partner in wearing the crimson mask.

The tide would start to turn when Doll had Hickeron in the corner and was up on the turnbuckle drilling punches into his face. The crowd was counting along, but at 6, Hickerson got out from underneath Doll and stiff armed him in the crotch. Hickerson then climbed up onto the ropes with Doll and began to slam his face into the cage! Meanwhile Simpson was still taking it to Duncum across the cage, but when he saw his partner in trouble he left Duncum to go and help. While he managed to pull Hickerson down off the ropes, it was too late as Doll ended up busted open too. This also allowed Duncum enough time to recover and he blasted Simpson with a big lariat when Simpson came back after him.

The Highwaymen then took control of the match, as Hickeron made Simpson pay for earlier as he began grinding his face into the cage unmercifully and soon Simpson made it so all four men were bleeding. Duncum meanwhile went to work on the neck of Steve Doll, driving elbows into his neck and dropping knees on it while he was face down on the canvas. A swinging neckbreaker inflicted even more damage, and then Duncum ran him into the cage top of the head first jamming the neck even further. With Doll down, The Highwaymen shot Simpson into the ropes and gave him a huge double flapjack into the cage that drew an audible gasp from the crowd! With Simpson now incapacitated, they decided to go for the kill and set Doll up for the Spike Piledriver! Hickerson went up on the ropes, while Duncum got him into position and, WHAM... Spike Piledriver!! Both Highwaymen took a moment to posture for the booing crowd, then Hickerson covered Doll for the One, Two, Thr... KICK OUT!!!

Hickerson and Duncum were beside themselves and yanked Doll up by the hair. Hickerson slapped him in the face several times then shoved him back into the arms of Duncum who once again got him into position for a piledriver. Hickerson climbed up onto the second rope, and Steve Simpson came flying from out of nowhere and plowed into Hickerson who sailed over the ropes and crashed hard into the cage. A stunned Bobby Duncum stood holding Doll for the piledriver, and Simpson came to his feet and hit a dropkick between the legs of Doll to the face of Duncum!

Simpson helped his partner to his feet as the Fort Lauderdale crowd was going insane for The Glamour Boys. Bobby Duncum was the first to his feet, and The Glamour Boys put him down with a Double Dropkick. Then Phil Hickerson was pulling himself up using the cage, still in between the ropes and the cage. Doll and Simpson ran at him in tandem and nailed him with a running Double Dropkick that sent him face first into the cage, ricocheted him back into the ropes and propelled him back into the cage again before he collapsed to the mat in a heap.

The Glamour Boys then turned their attention back to Bobby Duncum who was starting to get back to his feet. Doll pointed to Simpson who nodded his head and went to one turnbuckle. Doll ran across the ring to the turnbuckle closest to Duncum and quickly climbed it. When Duncum got back to his feet, Doll leapt off and caught him with a Flying Dropkick that caught him directly in the face and sent him back down. Steve Simpson then raised his arms in the air to hit the second half of "Glam, Slam, Thank You Ma'am" but Doll shook his finger at him, then made the motion of pointing upwards. Simpson turned around and looked from the top turnbuckle to the top of the cage and the crowd exploded. Steve Simpson turned around on the buckle and scaled to the top of the cage as the crowd got even louder. Once on top he shakily got to his feet, flashed the heavy metal sign of the horns hand gesture, and dove onto the prone form of Bobby Duncum!!!

Simpson landed with such momentum that be bounced off of Duncum, and rolled over clutching his ribs. Doll quickly covered Duncum and the astonished referee quickly closed his hanging jaw and counted the One, Two, Three!! The crowd exploded and Doll jumped off of Duncum pumping his fists, he helped Simpson to his feet and The Glamour Boys shared a quick embrace before having their arms raised triumphantly into the air!!

A couple of minutes later

Phil Hickerson wipes the blood from his face and stares for a moment at the fallen Bobby Duncum. With a disgusted shake of his head he limps to the door of the cage, exits, and heads for the back, leaving his now former partner behind. Steve Doll and Steve Simpson who had climbed on to the cage to celebrate come down and pull Duncum to his feet, for a moment Bobby looks ready to fight both of them, but then he sticks his hand out to Doll who shakes it, then to Simpson who also shakes it. Duncum says something to the two Glamour Boys who both nod and clap Duncum on the back before heading out of the cage.

Bobby Duncum stands bleeding in the center of the ring looking out at the crowd and after a bit "Highwayman" by The Highwaymen replaces "Cum on Feel the Noize" on the PA System. Duncum nods his head as if coming to grips with something and sits down in the center of the ring and begins removing his cowboy boots. He leaves them sitting in the center of the ring and heads for the exit of the cage, turning back and looking for just a moment as he gets to the door. The fans in the War Memorial have realized that they are seeing something special at this point and have begun clapping for the man they were heartily booing just minutes earlier. Duncum waves to them as he heads up the aisle for the last time.

Akbar's reaction to Sabu's loss intrigues. Is he really done with his dangerous rookie just like that? And if so, how will The Shiek respond?

Poffo does get his win over Zenk but not the way he wanted it.

I hope Spoiler is happy. And I especially hope he knows what he's doing.

The rubber match goes to a draw! Now what?

Cocoa gets the surprise on the Cartel thanks to "little cousin" Kokina! The image of him eating Estrada's hundred cracks me up. But El Jefe brings the good time to a screeching halt with a screwdriver to Lightfoot's eye!

I've been hearing how big Keirn was in Florida since he got here and now he's gone just like that! Tatum is going to have so much heat after the hiatus.

I don't see how The Fabulous Blondes have a case for another rematch this time. Could it finally be time for Good and Plenty to move on.

Hercules retains -no thanks to Akbar- and Backlund is gone from Florida! To make matters worse he then gets blindsided by Poffo and Man.

Doll with the splash from the top of the cage to disbanded The Highwaymen! What a way for Duncum to go out.

Caribbean Connection do a great job of warming up the fans.

The Beach Boy pulls it off and defeats Sabu! This surely elevates West. Akbar is disgusted but I wonder how the Sheik feels. 

Luscious beats Zenk but at least he didn't make him squeal LOL. 

After what went down, I think the Spoiler has unleashed a beast. Texas Red might have the most devastating finisher in the game. 

Mr. Electricity and Kazaharu battle to a draw in the rubber match. "One more match!" "One more match!" 

Kokina has arrived and takes it to the Cartel. However, once again, El Jefe gets the last laugh and nearly takes LIghtfoot's eye out...again! Estrada is one bad dude.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Did not see that coming! I can't believe it but Tatum sends Keirn packing! What a shocker for the Florida fans. I can't imagine Tatum's next promo. Poor Gordon. 

After that last match, Good and Plenty hopefully put a smile on the fans faces. Good match placement.

WOW! Herc does it and overcomes Backlund! Herc has proven to be one strong champ. Backlund's woes don't end as Lucious applies his crossface chicken wing and sends Backlund out in pain. At least Backlund got in a good shot at Akbar. Backlund's Florida run might have been short but it was defiantly memorable. 

One of the best feuds this game has seen comes to an end tonight. What a finale! This match will be talked about for years. The Glamour Boys finally put a stamp on things and put the Highwaymen down for good. Epic finish! Bobby Duncum couldn't have had a better send off. Loved the show of respect by the Boys. The visual of Duncum leaving his boots was truly a special moment. Props to you for creating this tremendous feud. 

Can't wait for 1987! 

Great event to end 1986!

Texas Red is now officially a monster!  Great job by you and Rain in developing him.  

Speaking of things you have developed... really enjoy the Cartel.  El Jefe is ruthless!

Poor Steve Keirn... Florida meant so much for him.  Another good storyline with a nice payoff in the end.

Hercules with a nice win but then the story got even better... first Backlund begins to loose it and hunts the ref only to have Poffo ready for the attack.  This is going to be fun.

Great job giving Duncum some last minute love.  End of a long a great career.  Let me know if you are going to keep him on in some form.

Great job building and developing some really interesting stories.  Looking forward to 1987.

Another great TV episode with the Bob Backlund and Lanny Poffo promos being the highlights for me.

"Hercules, if that's even your real name??" is just the Best/Most Bob Backlund line EVER!!

The parking lot hit on Sivi Afi was a great way to put more heat on the Cartel while setting the stage for "little cousin" to come in to help seek revenge.

Great exchange between the Spoiler and Big Not Yet Evil, in these promos you've managed to interject way more personality into both of these guys than I ever could have...great job!

Let's get right on to the War Memorial!

Akbar seems to be over Sabu already, but maybe he's just temporarily frustrated.

Texas RedDeadman gets the win here in another extremely well done angle that develops Red and gets over the heart punch.

Kokina has arrived! Looking forward to watching you build and develop him as your doing with Taker rather than automatically making him 1993 500lb Yokozuna as most folks have wanted to do since he debuted at 300lbs. 

Poor Steve Keirn has to leave town after a less than "fabulous" run in Florida but I can't wait to hear Tatum gloat over this one!! 

Good/Plenty retain the titles and I'm looking forward to hearing Chic/Rip's version of tonight's events!

I've enjoyed this fued between Hercules/Backlund and the friction between Herc and Akbar has put an interesting twist on things. Luscious makes a statement by sending Backlund outta Florida with something to remember him by....I personally hope we get see Backlund back here someday, as you do such an amazing job capturing "crazy Bob Backlund"!

What an epic finale to one of the greatest feuds in the game! The Glamour Boys become Glamour Men as they finally put an end to the Highwaymen! What a nice respectful send-off for Duncum!

Great show, enjoy your Christmas break!

I loved seeing The Texas Red come alive in that match! He comes across so well!

The Cartel versus the Samoans was amazing multi-man chaos! The opening was a lot of fun, Kokina is such a great mystery partner, and the ending was brutal!

It was great to see Steve Keirn as much offence in as he did, even if the match didn't end in his favour. It's sad to see him go.

Bob Backlund versus Hercules Hernandez is such a cool match-up. I really believed he could do it, alas that finish worked really well.

That cage match worked really well as a main event! What a finish with a leap from the top!