Pro Wrestling Only

Grimmas

joeg said: "The guy is the modern Bobby Eaton. He's been consistently great these last 5 years in TV tags and multi man tags and has had some all time great matches on PPV. I would consider him the best tag worker today and one of the best workers period."

Recs:

Revival vs DIY 8/20/16 and 11/19/16

FTF vs Young Bucks 11/7/20

vs Jungle Boy 1/21/21

Think it's interesting he's been nominated, but Dash Wilder hasn't. The Revival feels like one of those teams who I always think of as a unit rather than two wrestlers, so it's hard for me to pick one of them over the other in terms of a list like this. I kinda want to check out Dash's run on Main Event when Dawson was injured, see how he coped in a singles setting, but I'm not ruling out either guy

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:47 AM, NotJayTabb said:

Think it's interesting he's been nominated, but Dash Wilder hasn't. The Revival feels like one of those teams who I always think of as a unit rather than two wrestlers, so it's hard for me to pick one of them over the other in terms of a list like this

I think it's very obvious that Harwood/Dawson is the better of the two. I legitimately can't think of a long-term tag team with a bigger gap between the better and worse performer, even with the High Fliers it's not as clear that Brunzell is better than Greg Gagne.

Over the last six months or so, I think Cash has monumentally better than Dax. I can't speak to the year or two before that and I'd have to revisit older stuff. Cash has this easy confidence in the ring lately where I never see the strings at all, like the entire world is moving at .8 speed or everyone else is trudging through mud. Just absolute presence at all times to where you can't really look away. Dax on the other hand comes off like a guy actively playing a character, which is fine, because it's a good character, but it's really night and day for me lately. I don't know if something just clicked with Cash last year or what.

Or hell, maybe it's just been all the Marcel Manneveau I've been watching that's disrupting Dax for me? Anyway, not useful for GWE purposes, but I had to drop in and note it.

It is cool that the guys with the "we don't do cool moves" gimmick also don't throw good punches or sell well or have matches with interesting layouts. You'd think they would have excelled in the WWE TV format, having fun 5-minute matches, but alas. Also, the matches vs. the Lucha Bros really showed their WWE Performance Center Training, specifically when they cannot catch a dive. I guess "no flips" is also a warning to their opponents.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...