Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/04 - 10/10 Who will be Smash's final DLC character?

KawadaSmile

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

I love how WWE's answer to AEW presenting a more emotionally gripping product with characters you can relate to is "more one dimensional early 90s gimmicks" in NXT 2.0...

They have no idea what people want in 2021. No idea. From what I've seen thus far; NXT 2.0 is a corporate acid trip to the 90's with workers greener than grass with gimmicky gimmicks having bad matches. Also, this has to eventually die in the ratings.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

oh fuck wait the neonazi looking dude is parker bordeaux aka mini lesnar, it all makes sense now

Boudreaux.

I know you people are confused by all the French "ou" and "eau" and "x" that you don't hear. Fun fact that I used to give my students, the word "birds" in French, "oiseaux" has NO letter that you actually hear when you say it. Like, none. 

BTW, where the fuck is Scarlett not Bordeaux anymore ? Talk about someone who has signed in the wrong company (see also Monet, Francky, I've watched her match last week and it's probably the worst match I've seen her in years).

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also I figured it out, Joe Gacy is totally the youth pastor you're 100% not shocked about when he gets arrested for some kind of underage sexual contact deal. 

Considering we got this whole deal in France where its has been officially revealed that hundreds of thousands of people (about 330 000) have been abused by the Catholic Church since the 50's, it's a rather timely reference. But anyhow, that Joe Gacy shit is godawful.

Neo-nazi guy and Bron Steiner of course have potential, but fuck me this show is dying a quick death for me from the snipets I get. How long before someone get dressed as a garbageman or a plumber ?

5 hours ago, El-P said:

Boudreaux.

I know you people are confused by all the French "ou" and "eau" and "x" that you don't hear. Fun fact that I used to give my students, the word "birds" in French, "oiseaux" has NO letter that you actually hear when you say it. Like, none. 

BTW, where the fuck is Scarlett not Bordeaux anymore ? Talk about someone who has signed in the wrong company (see also Monet, Francky, I've watched her match last week and it's probably the worst match I've seen her in years).

Honest mistake there. Thought the spelling was the same as the city. Or the club. Or might be my dyslexia kicking in and I NEVER read it right on the first place.

Monet is doing alright IMO. She is quite a hoss in that NXT roster. She had a fun match against Cora Jade last night. 

And while I get not liking this, it feels wayyyyyyyy better than what we had before. Workrate matches are nice but having people with actual personalities kicks more ass.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:05 PM, sek69 said:

Like this D'Angelo dude might be the next Bryan Danielson in the ring but why should I give two shits about his dude-who-talks-shit-and-gets-whacked-on-the-Sopranos lookin' ass?

WWE is thinking they're going to make the next Undertaker with their gimmick ideas & instead they're re-doing Big Vito, Tony Mamaluke & Deuce/Domino.

WWE has always had more misses than hits. For every Undertaker or Kane, there's a Val Venis, Mantaur or Repo Man.

Even when something falls into their damn lap, like Rex Steiner, we get Bron Breakker.

And as I say in the AEW thread that people are too obsessed with ratings (and they are, enjoy what you enjoy while you can), but this little tidbit still is worth telling : so NXT2.0 median viewer age this week was apparently 62. 62 YEARS OLD. Holy shit. People who were 20 when Bob Backlund was WWF champion...