Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - November 19, 2021

MoS

7 minutes ago, El-P said:

It has definitely hurt Cody's relationship with the AEW audience. It's not the only factor (the infamous Ogogo program with the tone death promo was also a factor), but it has hurt him.

Pretty sure Cody is playing the AEW audience like a fiddle and knows exactly what he's doing.

Maybe that wasn't the case during the Ogogo promo - probably not, since the one episode of the reality show I did watch made that out to be an awesome moment - but he has since adjusted and course-corrected. 

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

Pretty sure Cody is playing the AEW audience like a fiddle and knows exactly what he's doing.

Dave has been saying from the start (and considering it's Dave you know it's probably coming from Cody directly) that everything he's done has been designed to get a babyface reaction. 

It really comes off as Cody thinking he's doing some kind of epic storytelling arc and being all "yes I am a master of manipulation" while getting booed out of the building trying to be a 80s style patriotic babyface. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

At this point it's damage control. No way he was expecting to get booed out of buildings. Sure, now he has to acknowledge it, he actually has now, but honesty although it is kinda fun to see Cody's matches for that reason, AEW did not need the Cena reaction for who used to be one of their biggest babyface. That only makes things a bit more awkward for straight heels that aren't supposed to get cheered ever.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:29 AM, C.S. said:

Isn't Ogogo an anti-vax lunatic? So fuck that guy. Glad he got "Codyed" (which is a bullshit ICW thing anyway, because Cody has made everyone he's ever stepped into the ring a better wrestler who has shined brighter after being in his luminescent light - including and especially Malakai Black). 

I'll go one step further and say Brandi is a better character than most (not all) of the women on their roster! They could learn a lot from all the little things she knows how to do so well.

I'd not heard this so I checked Twitter. The only evidence I found was that he'd retweeted a chiropractor who's other tweets were anti-vax, but there was also a video promoted by England Boxing called #WinWithTheJab, where he's promoting people getting vaccinated, so I think he's in the clear.

He didn't just RT an anti-vaxxer. He posted an IG story calling one of his anti-vax tweets a "really good post" and then posted some drivel about looking at both sides when he got called out. But if Tito Ortiz and Gina Carano taught us anything, it's to never expect intelligence from people who get punched in the face for a living.

Do we know what was in the "really good post" tweets  

I've had the Vaccine, but I don't blame people not wanting a rushed though vaccine that we don't now all the risks, or long term effects, if there are any from it.  

I understand herd immunity and why it's good for all of us to be vaccinated for the greater good. But normally vaccines take up to 10 years to get approved for the public to use. So you can understand why some people would be hesitant to be guinea pigs even for the greater good. 

I don't hold with the conspiracy theories, but nor do I have an issue with people having intelligent discussion about the pro's and cons of having the jab's.

As long as it's based on science and the facts and not the government out to get you/control you shit. 

So just trying to find out what Ogogo actually said, as I don't think being anti-vax automatically makes you a lunatic.