Pro Wrestling Only

UWF

kevinmcfl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to ever apologize for life kicking your butt. As the poster boy for this, no worries at all.

That said... SUPERBLAST!

I was most looking forward to Jake/Dibiase and Brody/Murdoch with the big Ladd stipulation going into it.

I have to say, the notion of Brody & Murdoch beating the living hell and bodily fluids out of each other, only to turn out to have been in cahoots to snatch the rug out from under Ladd...... that's heavy. Like, big-time heavy. To have that big confirmation after the fact, that Watts was behind the whole thing, and then have it be countered almost immediately that Watts is the one off TV! I mean, that's good TV & a real turnabouts-fair play.

Jake & Dibiase was surely instant classic. Given the thick story coming in, you could be assured the payoff would deliver big in the ring. And man, not sure I saw Jake getting beat. But what a dramatic finish, to be sure.

Also, the triple dropkick on Hayes by R&R+K was a classic moment that had to have brought the house down. Seeing them walk out after that was VERY 1980's southern wrestling. Saw it as vivid as my hands on my keyboard.

What a big night!

And now we get the WrestleWar unveil! Nobody loves a tease more than Yours Truly. Well-played, sir. Great, great stuff all around here.  

• 4 weeks later...

WqtQkrI.png?1

PREVIEW SHOW

EtNbvAs.png?2

k5mo5Gv.png?2

May 22

Houston, Texas

The Summit

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Jerry “The King” Lawler

The Backstory:

Jerry Lawler feuded with Hacksaw Butch Reed back in 1986 when he was last in this area.  Lawler, who was managed by Ernie Ladd back in 1986, is one of only a handful of people to have defeated Reed in the last two years as they traded the Southern title back and forth.  After Lawler failed to keep the title last year at WrestleWar, Lawler decided to return to the AWA.  Recently, The King returned as he felt there was unfinished business with Reed.  This time the stakes are even higher as the UWF Championship is on the line.  The pair met at the last UWF Super card, Superblast at the Superdome, back in March and that one went to a 45-minute Broadway.  With the feud all even at 1-1-1, this seemed like the obvious rematch.  Since the last match, the two have traded words back and forth but nothing has ever turned physical.  Lawler is confident his skill will take out the champ and he has, surprisingly done nothing undermined to slowdown Hacksaw prior to the match.  Reed just laughs at Lawler and all his words as he is very confident his power will shut Lawler up for good when they meet in Houston on May 22nd. 

UWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Gordy & Dr. Death vs The Freebirds

The Backstory

We all know the history between Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes.  This one is so personal that most fans are surprised that they both have survived.  Unfortunately, after Gordy and Dr. Death sent Demolition packing at SuperBlast, Dr. Death was in a severe car accident on his way home from the Superdome.  The injury kept him out almost a month and the champs were able to barely survive that 30-day rule as Gordy and Dr. Death defeated Rick Steiner and Chris Benoit on National TV. 

After the bout, all three Freebirds (Hayes, Roberts, and Tom Prichard) came out and interrupted the post-match interview by saying that Gordy and Dr. Death should be ashamed of themselves for bending the rules and defending their titles against two wet-behind—the-ear kids. 

This is where it got very interesting as Tom Prichard slipped up and said that he knew they should have rammed Steve Williams car even harder so they would have their titles taken away. 

Gordy and Williams went nuts and even though, they were at a numbers disadvantage, they proceeded to pummel the three Freebirds.

Watts came out the next week and said that he has no evidence of the Freebirds causing the accident and therefore could not do anything about it, but he sternly warned the Freebirds that he would be watching the closely.

The two teams have physically been at each other’s throat’s week after week with each team coming out on top a few times… the Freebirds usually be some dastardly deed and the champs by pure power and violence!

Fans, be on your toes for the unexpected here!

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Steve Keirn

The Backstory

This one kind of came out of nowhere.  A few weeks ago, Keirn was on TV giving an interview after Ted Dibiase had just beat some jobber on TV.  Dibiase took offense that he was not being interviewed and came over and interrupted saying that there is no reason that some loser like Steve Keirn should get any TV time and that it should be reserved for the real wrestlers of the UWF. 

Keirn took offense and challenged Dibiase right there on the spot.  Dibiase didn’t back down and guaranteed everyone that he would beat Keirn in less than 5 minutes.  Not only did Dibiase not get the win in 5 minutes, Keirn had the champ’s shoulders down for what appeared to be a certain 3-count before the Sheik pulled Dibiase from the ring and the pair headed for the hills.

The following week, Dibiase, out in his 3-piece suit, was giving a promo where he said that the only reason he didn’t defeat Keirn last week was because he had just had a tough match while Keirn hadn’t wrestled.  Keirn came out and said that Dibiase was full of excuses and challenged Dibiase to a match right there. 

Dibiase, remembering the match from last week, quickly came up with the excuse that he didn’t have his wrestling cloths with him or else he would show Kiern what a real champ looked like in the ring.  Keirn, laughing at the excuse, rallied the crowd into chanting, Chicken….Chicken… at Dibiase.

The champ was enraged and attacked Keirn from behind and gave him a pretty good beating…

The next week, Dibiase was at the podium gloating about how he had beat Keirn all over the arena last week.  This brought out UWF President who told Dibiase that his actions would not be tolerated and that he would be facing Keirn that day for the North American Title.  When Dibiase again tried to say that he was ill-prepared to wrestle, Watts told him that he was the Million Dollar Man and that he better go rent someone else’s gear or else forfeit the North American title…

Dibiase and Akbar were fuming but had no choice…. Problem was that when Keirn had Dibiase pinned again, the Sheik came in and clobbered Keirn with a walking stick!  So here we are….

LOSER LEAVE TOWN

Kevin Sullivan, The Barbarian & Big Van Vader vs Lex Luger, Dick Murdoch & Bruiser Brody

The Backstory:

Back in the NWA, Luger and Sullivan were involved in one of the largest feuds in all of Wrestling with Sullivan eventually taking Luger out with a fireball.  With Luger on the shelf and out of wrestling, Sullivan returned to the UWF and revealed how he had transformed Leon “Baby Bull” White into the monster that is Big Van Vader. 

Once Luger recovered, he followed Sullivan to the UWF in search of revenge.  The problem was that he always seemed to be at a numbers disadvantage.  Whenever he went after Sullivan, Vader got involved.  Bring Tony Atlas to the rescue.  The UWF saw some wild tag matches between Sullivan and Vader against Lawler and Atlas.

While both teams had some success, Sullivan never seemed happy with Vader and kept demanding that he get tougher or else HE would return and show Vader how to get things done.  While nobody seemed to know who HE was, they believe that HE had something to do with Vader turning into the monster that he is.  Also because of the way that Sullivan threatened Vader with the idea that HE would return, most concluded that HE had been very violent in his training of Vader.

At SuperBlast, Sullivan and Vader again squared off against Luger and Atlas.  The problem was the HE did return, and it was none other than Konga “The Barbarian.”  Now Sullivan had the numbers advantage again.  This time it was Tony Atlas who paid the price as he suffered a pretty bad neck injury that has kept him out of action for a few weeks.  Now Luger was in search of some serious help as it was 3-1.

Bring in Bruiser Brody and Dick Murdoch… These two brawlers had just staged the coup of the year in wrestling as they had trick Ernie Ladd at SuperBlast which cost the Big Cat his wrestling license.  Luger asked these two tough dudes to help him against Sullivan’s Army which they gladly obliged.

After weeks of chaos and fighting, the match was finally signed for WrestleWar!

As a result of the fireball, the injury to Atlas and all of the recent attacks, Bill Watts decided that this situation had become too violent and that it must come to an end…. Hence… the Loser Leave Town Stipulation for whoever loses the bout. 

UWF TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Brad Armstrong vs Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

(Gilbert will be suspended if there is any interference from Hyatt, Steiner, or Gilbert)

The Backstory

Eddie Gilbert turned on Brad Armstrong at SuperBlast after Armstrong successfully defended his UWF Television Title.  Gilbert did a pretty good number on Armstrong and actually walked out of the ring with Gilbert’s winnings and his TV title.

On the next TV show, Bill Watts fined Gilbert $10,000 and demanded that Gilbert return the TV title that today or he would be fired from the UWF.  Gilbert and Hyatt told Watts that money meant nothing to Hyatt International and that if he fired Gilbert that he would be doing a disservice to all the young stars that he is training like Rick Steiner and Chris Benoit.  Watts could care less about Gilbert’s trainees and said that they were nothing more than Gilbert’s Goons!

It appeared that Hyatt and Gilbert were done in the UWF as they walked off the show but at the last minute of the broadcast, Gilbert returned the belt and the $10,000.

This did nothing to ease the tension between Gilbert and Armstrong.  In fact, Hot Stuff Inc. has continuously interfered in Armstrong’s title matches.  Armstrong was sick and tired of the nonsense and agreed to give Gilbert one last shot at WrestleWar with the stipulation that if either Hyatt, Steiner, or Benoit interfere at all, Gilbert is suspended from the UWF for 90 days.

Surprisingly, Gilbert accepted without any hesitation!

Rock n Roll Express vs Kendo Nagasaki & Muta with Tojo Yamamota

Flag Match

The Backstorry

This all started three weeks ago after Rising Sun got a win over two jobbers on TV in Fort Worth and gave an inflammatory interview where Tojo actually started by saying how sorry he was that Japan had bombed Pearl Harbor during World War II.  Jim Ross thanked him for admitting how wrong Japan was.  Tojo said that Jim Ross misunderstood and that he didn’t mean to say Japan should not have bombed the U.S. but it should have bombed right here in Fort Worth because these people here are the lowest form if human being he has ever meet.

The fans almost rioted and the Rock n Roll Express came out to defend the people of Fort Worth and all of America for that matter.  What turned into a war of words ended with both Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton getting hit with the Asian Green Mist from Nagasaki and Muta.

The following week, the Express were not able to appear because of their injuries and Tojo and his team had a good laugh at seeing the RnR Express rolling around on the ground after the mist caught them in the eyes.

So here we are… Express vs Rising Suns.  First team to grab their own country’s flag which is suspended 15 feet above one of the ring corners will be the winner!

Jake Roberts vs Mr. Olympia

The Backstory

Jerry Stubbs recently arrived in the UWF and did a great job of antagonizing the fans right away.  He was so arrogant and cocky that he got instant heat.  He proclaimed that he was the greatest wrestler in the World and that he should be given a title shot right away.  Ernie Ladd seemed to agree with him, but Bill Watts said that he has been in the UWF for less than five minutes and he must prove to everyone that he is deserved of a title shot.  That lead to Stubbs having the idea that if he beats the man who just lost a title… he could move up that ladder really quickly.  Stubbs decided that he would call out Jake “The Snake” Roberts who more than gladly accepted the challenge.  We shall soon find out if Stubbs has anything left in the tank or if Roberts is just too much to handle.  The two have had some cool back and forth promos where Roberts keeps confusing Stubbs and he gets all twisted up.  Roberts look like the sly one here but maybe Stubbs will have the last laugh.

“All-American” Steve Cox vs Chris “The Canadian Kid” Benoit

The Backstory

Not much hear, just trying to see which youngster is moving up the ladder faster

Rick Steiner vs Johnny Rich

The Backstory

Every card needs an opener!

UWF is putting a big time card out there.

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP

- I feel like Butch Reed is still the man here in the UWF. Lawler is a contender of contenders but Reed is at the top of the mountain. If he were to get knocked down, who better than the King? I just don't see it!

- Are freebirds forever? Gordy is going to have to pick a side when all is said and done... I think he goes back home with his brothers.

- Dibiase is the man for so many reasons and he will continue to show it here

LOSER LEAVE TOWN

Kevin Sullivan, The Barbarian & Big Van Vader vs Lex Luger, Dick Murdoch & Bruiser Brody

- It is kind of funny to see Luger with Brody... but I think that team will rise up and put the others on the streets.

- I think that Eddie is going to go home with the Gold here tonight.

- Always hard to pick against the American's in a flag match... but I am going to .... still pick the RnR.

Jake Roberts vs Mr. Olympia

- Jake is hitting the DDT here for the W.

“All-American” Steve Cox vs Chris “The Canadian Kid” Benoit

Rick Steiner vs Johnny Rich

Wrestle War may very reduce Houston to rubble!

Interesting that Lawler has largely kept the feud respectful, i expected him to do/say something vile by now. Maybe he's saving it for match time?

Does the M.V.C retain allowing Gordy to move on from his former brothers or do the Freebirds show Bam Bam they were right that they didn't need him after all? Either way i'm hyped to find out!

I'll be honest, i have no reference for Keirn's ability as a singles wrestler but he's found himself in a fun little story with Dibiase. Not holding my breath for a new champ though.

I really am glad the Luger/Sullivan feud carried over into the UWF as i had a lot of fun writing it. It's hard to honestly imagine any of these guys being forced to leave town.

Gilbert agreed to no interference without a fight? He's got something up his sleeve.

While flag matches tend to be incredibly predictable, the talent involved would definitely have me tuning in.

Roberts may be a sly one but Mr Olympia's proven himself no slouch & he'll be determined to prove he's still got it. I have a feeling Stubbs may surprise a few people.

Between Gilbert, Benoit & Steiner, I'm predicting a cleansweep for Hyatt international.

Great job getting us updated. The UWF is riding high heading into WrestleWar.

I've really enjoyed the Reed/Lawler story. They have history and the next match should settle things once and for all.

Very interested in how the MVC/Freebirds feud ends. Gordy is the man I'm watching. 

Dibiase and Keirn is a fun fresh match. I like seeing Keirn going at it solo but I'm sure he wouldn't mind somebody watching his back with Adnan at ringside. 

Luger and Sullivan has been a great feud in the game. Add in the Vader storyline, mix in Murdoch and Brody, throw in a loser leaves town stipulation and this all makes for one heat filled match. 

Armstrong vs. Gilbert could steal the show. Curious to see if Gilbert has a trick up his sleeve. 

That Tojo really knows how to get heat. RnR vs. Muta and Kendo is thrilling enough but the flag stipulation puts it up a level. 

Jake and Olympia is another fresh match up. I just love these guys styles clashing.

America vs. Canada at WrestleWar. Sells itself.

I agree, Steiner vs. Rich is a solid opener.

Bring on WrestleWar! 

sDGELUR.png?2

EtNbvAs.png?2

May 22

Houston, Texas

The Summit

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs Johnny Rich

Interesting thing here was that the heel was able to out- technical the babyface and Rich had trouble getting any momentum here for the first half of the match.  With speed, skill and power, Steiner was all over Rich.  Eventually, the young Steiner did make a mistake and rushed in into the corner with a flying knee that Rich was able to evade at the last second.  Johnny did all he could but never got close to victory.  Missy Hyatt lost her patience and distracted Johnny like only Missy could.

WHAM… powerslam by Steiner…. And that was all she wrote.

All-American” Steve Cox vs Chris “The Canadian Kid” Benoit with Missy Hyatt

Hyatt, fresh off her first managerial win of the night, seemed confident that Benoit would help her get her second one.  This match was much more even that the first and even when Missy tried to “distract” Cox, Benoit couldn’t get the win.  This goes the full 10 minutes and ends in a draw.  Cox made the mistake of extending his hand to Benoit…

Missy Hyatt, with her 10 claws scratching down the back of Cox, doubles the youngster over in pain.  With Hyatt screaming at Benoit to attack, the Canadian Kid really goes to work.  By the end, Cox is busted open and needs some help getting to the back!

Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs “Mr. Perfect” Jerry Stubbs

Stubbs takes the house microphone before the match and reminds everyone that he is Mr. Perfect and he has not lost since arriving in the UWF.  He said Roberts would just be another steppingstone on his way to a title!

Give Stubbs some credit as he gives Snake all he could handle including locking in the sleeper which had Roberts almost out for the count.  Jake was able to break the hold by shoving Stubbs back into the turnbuckle where he caught him with an elbow.

Like the UWF fans are getting used to, Roberts pulls victory from the jaws of defeat as he again strikes just like his nickname suggests….

WHAM…. DDT…. And Roberts again begins his rise back up the UWF ladder! 

Flag on a Pole Match

Let’s just get to the ending as we can all imagine the antics of Tojo and the heels and the pop when the RnR Express came out. 

Tojo had hit the ring when the ref was knocked down and the 3-2 advantage left the Express in a bad way.  Tojo is holding Ricky Morton as Nagasaki goes into his spin…  Here comes the Asian Mist…

Wham… Morton escapes just in the nick of time and Kabuki sprays Tojo right in the eyes…

Mortin, quickly drop kicks Nagaski as Tojo is rolling around on the ground.

While all this was going on, Muta had Gibson down and had climbed to the top rope.

Here it comes …. The Moosault!

Wham… Morton dropkicks Muta out of midair!

Morton helps his partner up and together, the two climb up the turnbuckle and pull themselves up the pole and grab the American Flag!

The crowd goes nuts as the RnR Express circle the arena waving Old Glory!

(Gilbert will be suspended if there is any interference from Hyatt, Steiner, or Benoit)

While it was only for the UWF TV title, this was the best match of the night.  Gilbert and Armstrong really know how to bump, sell and play to the crowd and this one was an instant classic.  From the opening segment where we had some chain wrestling to constant momentum changes and Missy doing what she does best, this one had the fans on the edge of their seats.

So, let’s get to the finish….

Eddie Gilbert, frustrated at the way the match is going, tosses Armstrong through the middle ropes….

The ref comes over to admonish Gilbert who argues right back…

WHAM… Missy Hyatt with a low blow and Armstrong is down.

Gilbert comes out through the ropes and onto the floor while Missy jumps up on the apron and takes over the argument with the referee.

WHAM…. Irish Whip by Gilbert across the floor and into the steel barrier.

Gilbert re-enters the ring to stop the count….

Again, the ref is all over Hot Stuff for his antics….

WHAM…. The fan in the front row appears to have just cracked Armstrong in the back on the head with some sort of foreign object while the ref was yelling at Gilbert.

Gilbert comes back out and roles a basically unconscious Armstrong back into the ring…

WHAM… Hotshot by Gilbert!   1…2….3!

And the NEW……. Television Champion….. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert.

So, who was that fan and why did he do what he did?   Stay tuned to the next show to find out!

NO DQ

LOSER LEAVE TOWN

This one is full of violence, mayhem, and carnage with no assemblance of order.  The end comes with Barbarian and Vader brawling on the outside with Murdoch and Brody!  Lex seems in control of the match when out of nowhere Woman comes to the ring carrying a black, leather whip.  She has not been seen around these parts for months and the crowd groans as the expect the worst!

WHAM…. Woman connects with multiple lashes with that whip on Kevin Sullivan! 

Both Lex Luger and the crowd are in shock!

Sullivan is down and Woman motions to Lex to finish him off.

Luger scoops Sullivan up in the torture rack and looks like he is going to snap Sullivan in two!

Eventually Sullivan passes out from the pain and Luger drops him to the mat and covers him for the three count.

The 4 on the outside hear the bell ringing and stop to see what has happened.

The ring announcer informs the crowd that as a result of the pinfall, Kevin Sullivan will be forced to leave the UWF!

The crowd goes wild.  You can just see that Barbarian and Vader are unsure of what is to become of them. 

Woman satisfied with the results walked out just as confidently as she had walked in, and nobody is quite sure what just went down.

Give Keirn some credit here as he really holds his own and gives the champ everything he can handle but the cream always rises to the top and in the end, with just a little help from Akbar as he tripped Keirn, Dibiase puts together a nasty combo of a fist drop followed by an elbow drop and Keirn is in a world of trouble.

Dibiase straddles Keirn from behind and hooks his arms and leans back….

Dibiase locks in the Cobra Clutch and arches way back….. Keirn refuses to give up at first but after a minute or two, he sees no escape.

Ding…Ding…. Ding.  Dibiase with the submission victory with the Cobra Clutch.

Interesting fact here was that Michael Hayes was not officially in the match as it was Roberts and Prichard going for the title.  The match saw the champs control a lot of the action, but they had no answer for the shenanigans on Michael Hayes who kept getting himself involved in the match.  The end came when the ref finally caught on to Hayes and saw him crack his old buddy Terry Gordy in the head with a chair causing the DQ.

Knowing that they had nothing left to lose, The Freebirds used their numbers advantage to put a hurting on the champs.  One thing for sure is that this feud is long from over!

Magnum T.A.

With Lawler and Reed already in the ring for the big title bout, the ring announcer asks the fans to rise to their feet and give a heart-felt welcome to a very, very, special guest….  The three-time World Champion…. Magnum T.A…. Magnum walks out using a cane and a referee on each side for support and the crowd goes absolutely wild.  TA. Is moved to tears as he tries to explain just how much the fans and this sport meant to him.  Even Jerry Lawler does the right thing as he comes over to T.A. and gives him a big pat on the back and a firm handshake.  Butch Reed is almost as emotional as T.A. and the two old rivals and good friends have a long embrace!  As T.A. Leaves, he gets a huge standing ovation.  There is not a dry eye in the house. 

clHXRrF.png?1

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP

And now for the big one, a huge contrast in styles here as we get the sneaky, tough Lawler trying to keep Reed off balance and stay away from his huge power moves.  The interesting thing here was Lawler never really resorted to any crazy tactics.  That is not to say this was a clean bout be any means, but Lawler never used any weapons or anything.  He almost got the victory after a prolonged sleeper hold followed up by a middle rope fist drop but when he went for the piledriver, Reed blocked it and hit the back drop.  Reed regained the momentum and never looked back with the finish coming after a huge football tackle. 

As the crowd went nuts, Lawler went to shake Reed’s hand.  The crowd begged Reed not to do it but he decided to give the King one more chance….

And it worked.  After the handshake, Lawler raised the hand of the champ and then he walked out of the ring and out of the building…. Most believe he was headed back to where he belongs. 

I didn't do too bad on my picks. This looks to be a turning point show for UWF. Now the question is where people end up when the dust settles. Who is the next big challenger for Reed? I wouldn't mind seeing Luger in that spot. You also have to wonder who is next in line for Gordy and Williams - I have a feeling but we'll see if it comes true. I will say that Rick Steiner looks to be one of my faves here... I am excited to see his growth and with Eddie nearby literally anything could happen.

Steiner starts Hyatt International's night on the right foot.

Cox takes Benoit to a draw...& pays for spoiling Missy's hot streak.

Roberts puts an end to Stubbs perfect streak in the UWF.

What a great finish to the tag team flag match. A dropkick during a moonsault? Genius!

Gilbert brings gold to Hyatt International...& seems to welcome a new member to boot.

WOW! Sullivan is out thanks to Woman of all people? Did NOT see that coming!

Keirn gives a good fight but it's not enough to get past The Million Dollar Man.

The Freebirds leave the champs laying but without the titles. We're heading to something big, i can feel it.

Magnum returns in a moment so pure even Lawler can't bring himself to ruin it.

Speaking of whom, the King wrestles clean(ish) & accepts defeat with dignity. It truly is a special night.

Wrestle War rocked Houston big time. I can't wait to see what the UWF has in store next.

Smart move having Steiner open up the show. He impresses with sheer raw talent. 

Benoit and Cox put on a solid match going to a draw. Things get nasty afterwards as Hyatt brings out Benoit's vicious side. 

Stubbs gets a chance to show off until Jake hits the DDT! 

The fans get to cheer loud as Tojo gets the mist and RnR raise the flag. On a sidenote, so awesome seeing Muta share the ring with Ricky and Robert. 

I knew two great workers like Armstrong and Gilbert would steal the show...and they did! They brought the excitement baby! Thanks to a mysterious fan, Hot Stuff walks away with the TV title. Who was this guy?

When the UWF puts on a supercard, you have to throw in a wild 6 man tag. In a shocking turn of events. Woman helps Luger send Sullivan packing. WOW! Didn't see that coming. I'm very curious to see what's next for Vader.

I was happy to see Keirn in a key match. He puts up a fight but Dibiase is just to damn good. Dibiase is a big deal right now. 

Nothing solved as the Hayes/Gordy rivalry continues. I'm sure Watts is going to have these 6 men settle things one way or another.

Epic moment with Magnum TA! Very classy! 

Reed and Lawler close the show with another top notch match. Lawler doesn't go to far and gives Reed a scare. Reed comes back hard and retains. Great sportsmanship with the handshake. I'm sure Lawler will rebound. I have to say, Butch Reed is one of my favorites in this game. I hope his reign lasts a long time. 

Great show Kev! 

WqtQkrI.png?1

k5mo5Gv.png?2

gl882nA.png?1

WRESTLEWAR… THE AFTERMATH

TV SHOWS: 

UWF WRESTLING:  TULSA CONVENTION CENTER:  AIRS ON SUPERSTATION 17 EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT AT 7:05

POWER PRO WRESTLING:  COWTOWN COLISEUM:  FT. WORTH STOCKYARD:  CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTING

HOUSE SHOWS LOOP:  HOUSTON, FORT WORTH, AUSTIN AND LITTLE ROCK.  

Angle #1: 

RISING SUN

Following their loss in the Flag Match to the Rock n Roll Express at WrestleWar, Tojo’s team of Kendo Nagasaki and Muta rebounded on tv as they simple annihilated two jobbers.  The interesting thing here happened during the post-match interview where Ernie Ladd asked Tojo about the loss to the Express.  Tojo, the only member of his team to speak any English, seemed to mostly brush off the defeat but he did say that his young star, Muta must focus more.  This was interesting as it was Nagasaki who sprayed Tojo in the eyes with the Asian mist leading to the defeat.  When Jim Ross jumped in and asked Tojo to explain, Tojo and his group just walked away. 

Angle #2

Hyatt International & Hot Stuff Inc. 

The idea that Hyatt International is gaining momentum in the UWF obvious at WrestleWar.   Rick Steiner comes out with a clean win over Johnny Rich and Chris Benoit survived a tough contest with Steve Cox and the leader of the group, Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert defeated Brad Armstrong to become the new UWF Television Champion!  The issue with this group is the tactics they’re using.  Missy Hyatt and Chris Benoit attacked Steve Cox after the match and left him in a pretty bad way and that is nothing compared to the plot used by Eddie Gilbert to win the TV title.    

Let’s bring you back to the Summit arena…

Eddie Gilbert, frustrated at the way the match is going, tosses Armstrong through the middle ropes….

The ref comes over to admonish Gilbert who argues right back… WHAM… Missy Hyatt with a low blow.

Gilbert comes to the floor while Missy jumps up on the apron and takes over the argument with the referee…. WHAM…. Irish Whip by Gilbert across the floor and into the steel barrier.

Gilbert re-enters the ring to stop the count….Again, the ref is all over Hot Stuff for his antics….

WHAM…. The fan in the front row appears to have just cracked Armstrong in the back on the head with some sort of foreign object while the ref was yelling at Gilbert.

Gilbert comes back out and roles a basically unconscious Armstrong back into the ring…

WHAM… Hotshot by Gilbert!   1…2….3!

And the NEW……. Television Champion….. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert.

So, who was this fan?  The stipulation for the match was that if Benoit or Steiner interfered in the match,  Gilbert would never get another title shot so Hyatt International had to go out and find someone new to do their dirty work for them….

Missy and Eddie decided to introduce the newest member of Hyatt International on Power Pro Wrestling ….  Doug Gilbert … Eddie’s younger brother.  Missy and Eddie were so excited to have a family member now entering their “training school” and Doug was just thrilled to start his career in the “family business.”

Angle #3:  Woman….

The other big question coming out WrestleWar was why did Woman come out and attack Kevin Sullivan?  Last time Woman was in the UWF, she was leading a group of misfits that included Man and Luscious Lanny so there didn’t seem to be a connection between her and Sullivan. 

Woman shed some light on the situation this week on Power Pro Wrestling.

Woman:  The reason I attacked Kevin Sullivan was simple.  Kevin and I have been working together for quite some time.  We decided that I would come to the UWF in search of the next great thing.  You people thought I was here to manage Luscious Lanny Poffo… No I was here to in search of the perfect wrestler… the next monster to take over here in UWF.  While I was here, I spotted Baby Bull Leon White and I decided he just might be the ONE.  I orchestrated a plot to get him away from here and train him… make him into an unstoppable force…. Make him into Big Van Vader. Well as soon as Kevin Sullivan was back in the picture, Vader looked different… He looked softer…. He lost his edge!  Sullivan kept saying that if Vader didn’t improve that HE would come back… The reason for this is that Vader never say my face…. He never knew that I was the HE that Sullivan was talking about… He did not know I was the one who trained him.  Vader was only told the HE made all the decisions around here and to not get HIM angry.  When I got back here, I saw Sullivan trying to put Luger out of wrestling…  He lost his focus.  He lost sight of the goal… He forgot we were trying to rule wrestling!  He was just upset that Luger got the best of him in the NWA.  So, I had a decision to make… Help Sullivan destroy Lex Luger or stay focused on the goal… CONTROL WRESTLING.  I chose the latter.  Barbarian and Vader will destroy everything in their path… but I am not done.  My stable will grow!  We will be PERFRECT!

Woman goes on to say that there is not a tag team in the UWF capable of slowing her team down and she just laughs when Jim Ross brings up the Rock n Roll Express and the World champs, Dr. Death and Terry Gordy.  Woman goes on to challenge the Rock n Roll Express to a match next which the Express do accept later in the show.

Angle #4:  Dick Murdoch

This week on Power Pro Wrestling from Fort Worth, Texas, North American Champion Ted Dibiase and his manager Sheik Adnan Al Kassie were out laughing about how easy it was for Dibiase at WrestleWar as he simply walked all over Steve Keirn.  When Dibiase was done putting down Keirn, he expresses how classless the fans at the Summit were during WrestleWar and Sheik adds that he wouldn’t expect anything more of people from Texas.  As the boos start to reign down…. Dibiase begins to ask Jim Ross a few questions…

Dibiase:  Hey Jim, what’s the only thing that grows in Texas…. The Crime Rate!

Dibiase:  Hey Jim, what do you call a pretty girl in Texas…. Visitor!

Jim Ross:  Okay, that will be about enough of that.

Ernie Ladd:  Come on Jim, Ted is only talking the truth.

Suddenly, the boos turn to cheers as Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch comes out to the podium. 

Dick Murdoch:  Dibiase… you arrogant piece of …

Jim Ross:  Now, now Dick…. Remember we are on TV.

Dick Murdoch:  Dibiase, I was born and raised right her in Waxahatchie, Tx.  Played football for West Texas State.  You can say a lot of things about us Texans, but I notice that most people only say them when aren’t around.  Dibiase, you got a big mouth, but I bet you’re too much of a coward to say anything now!

Dibiase:  Hey Dick, I’m sorry.  Didn’t mean to upset you.  Actually, do you know what the average West Texas State student gets on the SAT’s…. DROOL!

WHAM…. One big right hand from Murdoch and down goes…

As the crowd explodes, Murdoch simple walks away.  Dibiase slowly gets up and now he is fuming.

Dibiase:  Murdoch… you NEVER will get away with this.  Nobody puts his hands on the Million Dollar Man.  You better have eyes in the back of your head you small town hick!

Sheik Adnan is screaming something in Arabic into the mic that nobody understands but this just serves to increase the heat of the situation.  These Texans aren’t the most welcoming people you know!

Angle #6: 

Who Is Getting the Push!

Hacksaw Butch Reed, Terry Gordy and Dr. Death all come out together with their title belts and said they are ready for any and all challengers.  They said they didn’t care if it was Hot Stuff Inc, Sheik’s Army, the Freebirds, or whatever Woman wants to call her new group of misfits… they were going to take care of business.

Winners of matches of TV: 

Rising Sun. Rick Steiner, Mr. Olympia, Brad Armstrong, Koko Ware, Steve Cox, Eddie Gilbert and Koko Ware and the Rock n Roll Express.

News:  Tony Atlas is expected to be back next week after needing time to recover from his injury caused by the Barbarian at SuperBlast

Angle #7: Next Big Card

UWF President came out to announce the next big event for the UWF… 

nKlTii3.png?1

MISSISSIPPI MAYHEM:  JULY 4:  MISSISSIPPI COAST COLISEUM:  BILOXI-  FIREWORKS ON THE BEACH TO FOLLOW

Angle #7: An Interesting Commercial

Right after the segment where Watts announced Mississippi Mayhem, a commercial aired claiming to be the best wrestling promotion in the South….

jmytUJh.png?2

The return of the dirt sheets!

Papa-san appears to be plying favorites.

Doug makes his official debut after helping big brother claim gold.

Woman proves even more cut-throat than Sullivan & now has two monsters to do her bidding.

Murdoch challenging Dibiase? Yes please.

Reed, Gordy & Williams are quite the formidable trio.

Mississippi Mayhem! Pro wrestling & fireworks, is there a better combo.

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution? Color me intrigued.

Fun little write up here... I haven't had the chance to dissect this model yet but it has got some really fun happenings. Nothing wrong with keeping it short and simple to move forward.  Mississippi Mayhem is going to have to be something big to match up with all the other huge events going on. The star power alone with your crew will bring the house.

Good follow up from WrestleWar.

LOL, yea Muta's the one who needs to focus. That Tojo better watch it.

Hot Stuff Inc continues to make waves as brother Doug joins the family business. 

Woman convincedly explains her actions. Wow, Woman, Vader and Barbarian. Things are getting interesting.

Classic Watts TV angle that starts a Dibiase/Murdoch feud. Rich man vs. Blue Collar man always draws. 

Looking forward to the next series of challengers going for gold. It's going to be hard taking the titles off Reed, Williams and Gordy. 

Mayhem is next! 

Curious to see what this Revolution is all about. 

WqtQkrI.png?1

k5mo5Gv.png?2

gl882nA.png?1

THIS WEEK IN REVIEW:  STORY LINES ARE BEGINNING FOR MISSISSIPPI MAYHEM

TV SHOWS: 

UWF WRESTLING:  THE COLIESEUM:  JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI

POWER PRO WRESTLING:  COWTOWN COLISEUM:  FT. WORTH STOCKYARD

HOUSE SHOWS LOOP: 

OKC, DALLAS, BATON ROUGE, ST. LOUIS.

Angle #1: 

RISING SUN

(Tojo Yamamota, Kendo Nagasaki & Muta)

Following last week’s interview where Tojo said his young star, Muta, needed to focus more, we see a Rising Sun team that is completely dominant.  The TV win over Cougar Jay and Brandy Colbert was extremely dominant.  Muta hit the Moonsault on Cougar to get the win.  For no real reason other than he wanted do, Nagasaki clobbered the two jobbers with the kendo stick after the match was over.  The ref threatened to reverse his decision, but it was only a threat.  Tojo was brief in his post-match promo stating that this is what he expects of his team and that they will never lose again to weak Americans. 

Angle #2

This week saw the in-ring debut of Doug Gilbert who struggled in his match against Randy Mulkey.  Missy Hyatt was forced to distract the ref which allowed Rick Steiner to get involved with a German Suplex.  Steiner then helped Gilbert crawl over for the cover and the 3-count.

Eddie joined Missy later at the interview desk where they both praised Doug on his first victory.  When Jim Ross asked about the questionable tactics, both Missy and Eddie told him to watch what he says and accused him of just making up accusations because he is jealous of Hyatt International & Hot Stuff Inc.

Later in the show, Eddie Gilbert successfully defended his TV title against Verlon Biggs as he connected with a Hot Shot.  Another promo stating how “hot” this group was left Jim Ross shaking his head.  

Angle #3:  Woman….

Last week, Woman explained why she was back in the UWF and said that she fully expected to lead the best stable in all of wrestling.  Today was a busy day for Woman.  First, Lex Luger was giving a promo after his impressive victory by submission with the backbreaker over The Red Shadow when Woman came out with Van Vader and The Barbarian.

Jim Ross pleaded for cooler heads to prevail ….

Woman:  Don’t worry Jim.  I mean Lex Luger no harm.  In fact, I have come to praise Lex.  Mr. Luger, I was very impressed with how easily you took care of Kevin Sullivan.  I have seen him do some bad things to some bad people, but you never seemed to break.  He tried attacking you in parking lots.  He sent his army after you.  He blasted you in the face with a fireball.  Yet …. He is gone and you are standing here.

Lex Luger:  I would like to actually thank you for your help in getting rid of Kevin Sullivan.

Woman:  All I did was speed up the time frame.  Now back to business.  Last week I said I wanted to have the greatest stable in all of wrestling.  I already have the greatest tag team in the UWF with Vader and Barbarian and they will prove it later in the show as they defeat the Rock n Roll Express.  Now that I have the future tag team champs under my control,  I am in search of the next World Champion to join my group.

Jim Ross:  Hacksaw Butch Reed is the current world champion!

Woman:  For now, Jim.  For now.  Lex, that is where you come in.  With your skill and my tutelage, I can guarantee you will be the next UWF World Champion.  Now Lex, I do not want you to answer right now.  I want you to think about it for a week.  Just remember what I have done for Vader and Barbarian and what I can do for you.  Woman gives Lex a seductive grin and walks away.

Jim Ross:  Lex, that Woman is nothing but trouble.

Lex Luger:  Trouble hmmmm….

Later in the show, it was Vader and The Barbarian squaring off against the Rock n Roll Express. In this contrast of styles, we saw a bunch of momentum changes until the ref was “accidently” knocked down.  Woman opened her purse and put on a pair of golden brass knuckles and nailed Ricky Morton in the groan.  With Morton out of commission, we hear Woman scream at here team…. “Now just like during training!!!

Vader grabs Gibson and drapes his leg over the bottom rope while the Barbarian climbs to the top with a chair!

THUD…. A sickening sound fills the arena as Barbarian came off the top and nailed Gibson right in the shin bone with the chair!  Fans said the hair on their arms stood up with the scream coming from Gibson.

Dr. Death and Terry Gordy rush the ring and Woman has her group high tail it to the locker room.  The champs rush to both Gibson and Morton who seem really hurt.  As we go to break, you can see how fired up the tag team champs are. 

Last week, North American Champion, Ted Dibiase, was on TV making jokes about the people of Texas.  This brought out Captain Redneck who was not having it and clocked Dibiase and then walked away.  Dibiase got up screaming that nobody does that to the Million Dollar Man.

This week Dibiase comes out wearing an expensive suit and says that he understands Dick Murdoch and the people of Texas being jealous of people like him but that is not an excuse for putting your hands on someone else.  Dibiase goes on to wonder if the people down here are raised by animals….

Murdoch comes out again and goes right for Dibiase.

Ted Dibiase:  Hold on, hold on Murdoch.  As you can see, I am not in my wrestling cloths which is very lucky for you or else I teach you a lesson after last week.

Dick Murdoch:  You claim to be so smart… so well educated yet you come to a Wrestling show without wrestling cloths…. Seems like you have overestimated your intelligence.

Ted Dibiase:  All I was trying to do down here in pig country was bring a little bit a class to show but mark my words, next time I am not dress in this $10,000 suit, I will show you who the real wrestler is.

Murdoch grabs Dibiase…

WHAM…From behind, the Sheik hits Murdock with his cane and the Sheik and Dibiase go to work on Captain Murdoch. 

Eventually, the locker room empties and the babyfaces chase the evil duo away.  A bloodied Murdoch gets the mic and is screaming that Dibiase better be ready as he is coming for him.

Angle #6: 

UWF NEWS

During Butch Reeds’s promo, he made a point to call out Woman who seems to be searching for someone to take the title off him!

Cocoa Samoa made a successful return this week to the UWF with a with over Larry Cheatum by way of the diving headbutt.

Scott Rex, a newcomer to the UWF, impressed the fans in St. Louis with an array of power moves in his successful debut over Doug Overton with a big powerslam. 

At the show this week in Baton Rouge, the ring announcer told the fans that both Tony Atlas and Brad Armstrong were unable to make it to the arena due to a minor car accident. 

Angle #7: Next Big Card

nKlTii3.png?1

UWF President came out to hype up the Mississippi Mayhem on July 4th at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.  He also announced that Dr.Death and Terry Gordy have demanded that they defend their belts at this big event against Vader and the Barbarian and that he has just drawn up the contract!!

Angle #7: An Interesting Commercial

jmytUJh.png?2

a0Q7h9a.png?1

Right after the segment where Watts hypes up Mississippi Mayhem, a commercial aired claiming to be the best wrestling promotion in the South as Mid-South Revolution announced their July 4 Spectacular in Mobile, Alabama titled Gauntlet for the Gold!  Again, Jim Ross completely ignored the commercial when Power Pro Wrestling came back on the air!

Papa-san seems pleased with his men's new vicious streak.

Doug doesn't exactly impress in his first match. Eddie ends the night on a high note though.

Woman is making big moves. First she offers to guide Luger to the World title then she has her monsters take out Robert Gibson! If i was a champ in UWF, i''d be getting nervous.

Dibiase & the Sheik get a bit of revenge on Murdoch.

Reed shows Woman he isn't a hard man to find.

Good to see Cocoa Samoa find a good home. He's become a favorite mid-carder of mine.

i'm not familiar with Scott Rex but he's off to a good start.

Hope Atlas & Armstrong are alright.

Like their friend Reed, The Miracle Violence Connection aren't baking down. Gonna be a war at Mississippi Mayhem.

Really intrigued by the New Mid-South. Especially since UWF isn't mentioning it.

Tojo has his team united and focused.

Doug Gilbert struggling against Randy Mulkey cracked me up. I loved how Steiner even had to help him. Fun twist for a big debut. 

I'm hoping Luger accepts Woman's guidance. This could set up an intriguing feud with Reed.

Damn! Vader and Barbarian do a serious number on RnR. Big time heat! Poor Gibson. I wonder if he'll be on crutches again. 

Dibiase and Murdoch are two guys that know how to sell tickets. Great segment.

Reed sounds ready for anything.

Solid debuts from Cocoa and Rex.

I hope Atlas and Armstrong are ok.

Very interested in what this Revolution is all about. UWF not even acknowledging it, adds even more intrigue. 

WqtQkrI.png?1

k5mo5Gv.png?2

gl882nA.png?1

The Turn Towards Mississippi Mayhem

TV SHOWS:  UWF WRESTLING:  THE COLIESEUM:  JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI & POWER PRO WRESTLING:  COWTOWN COLISEUM:  FT. WORTH STOCKYARD

HOUSE SHOWS LOOP:  SAN ANTONIO, SHREVEPORT, TUPELO, BIRMINGHAM, ST. PETERSBURG.

Angle #1: 

RISING SUN

After a brief hiccup at WrestleWar, Rising Sun seems to have righted the ship… in a rather violent way.  For the second straight week, Tojo and his team annihilated their opponents.  This time it was Randy and Bill Mulkey getting beat from pillar to post with some nasty martial arts moves from Kendo Nagasaki and some high-flying aerial moves from Muta.  After Tojo mercifully told Muta to cover Bill after another Moonsault, Kendo went on the attack.  For the second straight week, Nagasaki beat his defeated opponents with the Kendo Stick.  This week was so bad that the ref actually did reverse the decision.  Problem was that this only seemed to upset Nagasaki who went into his human spin in the center of the ring….

POOF… Nagasaki just sprayed the Green Mist into the eyes of the referee….

Wrestlers and referees rush to the ring to help the downed official…..

Jim Ross rushed the audience into a commercial break as the camera shows the ref writhing in pain…

When we came back from break, we see a fired up UWF President, Bill Watts, at the podium. 

Bill Watts:  Enough is enough around here!  Wrestlers going after wrestlers is one thing but attacking a referee is another and I won’t stand for it!  Tojo Yamamota and Kendo Nagasaki… your actions disgust me.  Tojo you seem to do a lot of complaining about America but you got no problem making our money.  Well, that is going to stop for a week.  You and Nagasaki are suspended from all UWF events for 1 week.  No shows on the road… No time on TV…. And most importantly…. NO MONEY!

Jim Ross:  And what about Muta…

Bill Watts:  Muta… I will go back and watch the video tape, but I believe that he did nothing at all during that last segment.  He is free to wrestle this week.

An angry Watts storms off!

Angle #2

This week on Power Pro Wrestling, we saw Chris Benoit and Rick Steiner crush Tom Birch and Caleb Pine with the end coming with a diving headbutt off the top rope by Benoit.  Doug Gilbert jumped around after the match like his stablemates just won the World Title! 

Missy Hyatt, looking good as always, complimented Doug on his interest and youthful exuberance. 

Later in the show, Eddie Gilbert “successfully” defended his TV title against “Freight Train” Rufus Jones when Doug Gilbert ran into the center of the ring and hit Rufus from behind.  This caused the immediate DQ which infuriated Rufus.  He grabbed Doug by the throat and was about to clobber him when Eddie attacked from behind.  This led to a 4-1 assault as Benoit and Steiner hit the ring.

Soon, Ricky Morton, Steve Cox and Scott Rex hit the ring to make the save.

Morton and the rest of the babyfaces helped Rufus over to the podium where Morton took the lead.

Ricky Morton:  I don’t know what is going on around here lately.  Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt prance around here talking about how they are helping the future of wrestling by training these young kids.  All they are doing is training them to cheat.  They’re using them for the benefit of Hyatt International. 

Jim Ross poured some gas on the fire as he asked Ricky about Robert Gibson who had his leg injured last week by Woman’s crew of Vader and the Barbarian.

Out of character for Morton, he kind of yelled back, “He’s not here, is he?  That should tell you how he is doing.”

Later in the show Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt strut back out to the interview desk where Hyatt International took about what Morton had to say.

Eddie Gilbert:  Ricky Morton… I heard you out here before saying something’s got to be done about Missy Hyatt and myself.  You said we are just using Rick Steiner and Chris Benoit.  Let me tell you something… Hot Stuff Inc is a family!  Rufus Jones you attacked my brother,  Doug, in the center of that ring before and we showed you just how family protects each other.  Morton… you talked about your partner Robert Gibson being hurt again…..  That’s right, AGAIN.  Well, it’s all your fault.  If he was family like you say, you wouldn’t have let that happen to him.

Missy Hyatt:  Morton, if you try anything like attacking a member of Hyatt International, you will be right there next to Robert Gibson.   

Angle #3:  Magnum T.A.

Magnum T.A. is welcomed back to UWF Wrestling by Jim Ross and UWF President Bill Watts for the first time since WrestleWar.  Magnum, who is still walking with the aid of a cane and has his arm in a sling, explains that all of the cards and well wishes from the fans have helped him tremendously in the biggest fight of his life. 

A smiling Lex Luger comes out to the podium…

Lex Luger:  Hey champ!  I know we never had the chance to wrestle but I just want you to know how much I look I up to you and how much I am hoping for your recovery.  You truly are an inspiration to all of us back there in the locker room.

Magnum T.A. extends his hand to Lex and the two have a warm handshake and embrace.  Magnum thanks Lex for the kind words….

As the handshake is about to end Lex adds, “but you know if we ever did meet in the ring, who would have won. T.A. unsure what Lex is getting at says the matches would have been great with two great competitors.

Lex Luger:  One great competitor in you and one perfect competitor in me.…  That’s right Magnum… I’m  letting you know that your accident came just in time to save you the embarrassment of getting in the ring with me.  Look at me and look at you… If we met in the ring, you might have been left worse off than you are now…. A complete cripple. 

Jim Ross:  Come on Lex.  Show some class.  With all that Magnum has been through and with all that he has done in this sport.

Lex Luger:  All that he has done?  All that he has done is fail!

From out of nowhere… Hacksaw Butch Reed comes out and is right in the face of Luger telling him to back off.  Luger shoves Reed out of the way and gets right in T.A.’s face

Lex Luger:  Just like old times Magnum. Someone else saving your hid.  I think I saw a video of you brining your mother to a contract signing against Nikita Koloff to make sure Nikita didn’t slap the stink right off of you on national TV.

SMACK!!  Reed is all over Lex Luger.  Unfortunately, the champ’s advantage did not last long as Vader and Barbarian join in the attack…

Jim Ross:  Oh my, I guess we know what Lex Luger’s answer to joining Woman’s stable is.  She is out here and leading her men on an attack of Hacksaw Butch Reed.  We’ve got to get some help out here!

The crowd explodes as the help comes in the form of Dr. Death and Terry Gordy. 

Steve Williams, Terry Gordy, Hacksaw Reed vs Lex Luger, Vader and Barbarian… a Donnybrook to Remember!

The only way to break up these 6 is a commercial break!

As this segment started, we get a video review from last week where Sheik Adnan Al Kassie attacked Murdoch while Dibiase said he was hiding behind his tuxedo and said that since he was trying to bring some class to the show, he was not prepared to wrestle Dick Murdoch.

This week, we see Dick Murdoch come out in a Tuxedo and beat the snot out of the Red Shawdow in a complete jobber match.

At the interview desk:

Dick Murdoch:  Ted Dibiase… you ain’t nothing but a low-down snake in the grass…. A  yellow bellied coward!  You claim you can’t wrestle in certain cloths…you claim you bring some class to the show.  I think we all now what you really are… A person who sold out to the great U.S.A and took that SOB Sheik’s money! 

Murdoch, while screaming and slobbering about how the cloths don’t make the man starts to tear the tuxedo off himself.  Jim Ross tries to remind Murdoch that this is a family show, but it doesn’t matter.  Murdoch keeps ripping the cloths off…

Lucky for everyone, Murdoch has a white tee shirt and a pair of overalls underneath…

Murdoch:  Cloths don’t make the man Dibiase.  I will beat you in a tuxedo.  I will beat you in street cloths.  I will beat you in my skivvies for all I care.  All know is that I will beat you in any arena you dare to show up in!  Where you at Dibiase… Where you at!

Jim Ross:  I’m sorry Dick… Dibiase and the Sheik are not in the building today.    

Angle #6:  Freebirds 

Cocoa Samoa won his second straight match this week as he connected with a savat kick to the head of Jamed Urdune.  Things got interesting at the podium when Michael Hayes and the rest of the Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Tom Prichard) interrupted the interview by taking turns throwing coconuts at Cocoa.  Cocoa Samoa did not back down and attacked all three Freebirds.

WHAM… Michael Hayes cracks Samoa with a coconut and down goes a bloody Cocoa.

Michael Hayes:  Nothing starts a party like cracking a cocoa! 

Tom Prichard:  Only problem is cleaning up after a party

Buddy Roberts:  Looks like we got an oil spill on aisle 9

Angle #7: UWF News

-        Other wrestlers who got wins on TV this week were Mr. Olympia, and “All-American” Steve Cox 

-         Last week we were told that Brad Armstrong and Tony Atlas were unable to wrestle due to a car minor car accident but that they would return this week.  This week, neither were on TV and Jim Ross did not mention their names. 

Angle #8: Next Big Card

nKlTii3.png?1

UWF President came out to hype up the Mississippi Mayhem on July 4th at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.  Last week, we were told that Dr. Death and Terry Gordy were going to defend the UWF Tag Titles against Van Vader and The Barbarian.  This week, Bill Watts announced that Butch Reed would defend the UWF Title against Lex Luger!

Angle #9: An Interesting Commercial

jmytUJh.png?2

a0Q7h9a.png?1

Right after the segment where Watts hypes up Mississippi Mayhem, a commercial aired hyping the best wrestling promotion in the South, Mid-South Revolution.  The commercial announced that at the July 4 Spectacular in Mobile, Alabama, would be a one-night tournament to crown the first Revolution Champion.  Wrestlers include

“The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff,

73U4eL0.jpg?2

Wahoo McDaniel,

M4eVVi5.png?1

Hercules Hernandez,

9FpDevJ.jpg?1

Buzz Sawyer

2kxL8h2.png?1

and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. 

BRfTu2R.jpg?1

Wow… What a Night!

Again, Jim Ross completely ignored the commercial when PowerPro Wrestling came back on the air!

Rising Sun crosses the line, getting two out of three of them suspended. Nice of Watts to give Muta a break since he wan't involved.

Ricky Morton may be down a partner but he isn't gonna back down from Hyatt International.

Luger makes his signing with Woman known in the most tasteless way possible. On the bright side, we can all look forward to the worlds hossiest six man!

Murdoch was on fire this week. His eventual title match with Dibiase is gonna be money.

Freebirds being dicks always makes for entertaining tv.

Wonder what's going on with Atlas & Armstrong.

Luger's alliance immediately pays off as he gets the World title shot at Mississippi Mayham.

Ross may be ignoring these commercials for Gauntlet for the Gold but the rest of us are paying close attention!

UWF was on fire this week! 

Watts has enough and lays down the law to Tojo and Kendo. However, Muta gets a pass. I'm wondering what Tojo thinks about that?

Hot Stuff Inc. continues to cause trouble and it looks like a pissed off Ricky Morton is going to do something about it. 

Luger gets serious heat and solidifies himself as a heel by messing with Magnum. Reed comes out, and a chaotic brawl follows. Reed vs. Luger! Oh yea! 

LOL, great promo by Murdoch! That's defiantly something he would do. Murdoch vs. Dibiase is going to draw, thanks to segments like this.

After everything that's gone on, the Freebirds weren't about to be upstaged in the heat game. Poor Cocoa gets hammered by coconuts. I hope he brings in some back up. 

Armstrong and Atlas seem to be MIA.

OK, we get a glimpse of Mid South Revolution and man this is going to be off the charts! Look at those names! Can't wait to see this play out. 

WqtQkrI.png?1

k5mo5Gv.png?2

gl882nA.png?1

The Turn Towards Mississippi Mayhem

TV SHOWS: 

UWF WRESTLING:  HOUSTON COUNTY FARM CENTER, DOTHAN, ALABAMA

POWER PRO WRESTLING:  COWTOWN COLISEUM:  FT. WORTH STOCKYARD

HOUSE SHOWS LOOP: 

AUSTIN, ALEXANDRIA, BILOXI, HUNTSVILLE, PENSACOLA.

Angle #1: 

RISING SUN

With both Tojo and Kendo Nagasako suspended this week, all we get from Rising Sun is a magically, aerial performance by Muta as he just controls his match from beginning to end against Sam Irons at the Farm Center.  The end came with a top rope Moonsault on the battered Irons.  Jim Ross made sure to point out that with Tojo and Kendo not around, Muta was able to showcase all of his technical skill and he never turned to any questionable tactics.  Due to his lack of English, there was no post-match interview.      

Angle #2

After last week’s 4-1 attack on Rufus R. Jones where Ricky Morton, Steve Cox and Scott Rex made the save, Hyatt International found themselves in some hot water this week as it would be Eddie Gilbert, Doug Gilbert, Chris Benoit, and Rick Steiner in an 8-Man Tag Match against Morton, Rufus Jones, Steve Cox and Scott Rex on the main event on Power Pro Wrestling.

As you would expect, this one was a brawl from beginning to end with one exception.  Eddie seemed to make sure that his little brother, Doug, never got tagged in.  This made it a bit of a handicap match but as Gilbert seemed to have no problem having Benoit and Steiner pull double duty.  In the end, Missy Hyatt tried to get involved but that only lead to a big brawl on the outside between Benoit, Steiner, Rufus Jones and Steve Cox. 

While the chaos was going on, Ricky Morton connected with a Missile Drop Kick off the top rope which caused Eddie to stumble into his own corner.  An eager Doug Gilbert saw this as his chance to help the team so he tagged himself in…

WHAM… Missile Dropkick on Doug by Morton

Tag… Morton tags in Scott Rex…

WHAM… Big German Suplex on Rex on Doug Gilbert!

As the bell sounds, the fans and Morton’s team celebrate while Eddie Gilbert and Missy take some time to berate Benoit and Steiner for not protecting Doug during the match. 

Gilbert and Steiner seem to completely understand!  Maybe they will be on the same page next week. 

Before we go off the air, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt come over to the podium and are fuming about Scott Rex bullying Doug Gilbert and that he has no interest in seeing this sport grow and that he only wants to make a name for himself. 

Eddie Gilbert:  Scott Rex…. Doug has been in the business about 2 weeks and if all you want to do is show everyone how strong you are by dropping him on his head, then nobody is going to want to become a professional wrestler.  Take a lesson from me on how to help newcomers to the sport.  Take a look at how I am guiding Chris Benoit and Rick Steiner…. I guess you are just too stupid to understand.  So I am going to have to teach you a lesson next week. That’s right Scott Rex…. Me and you in the ring for the Television Title next week and I will do to you what you did to my little brother! 

Jim Ross:  Let me just make sure I got this right… You are mad at Scott Rex for using a legal wrestling hold on the man who used a slapjack to help you win the TV Title at WrestleWar?

Missy Hyatt:  Oh Jim Ross…. You are as stupid as the rest of them. 

Angle #3:  Woman Wants Gold

The last two weeks has seen Woman get exactly what she wanted.  First, her tag team of Vader and the Barbarian went out of their way to injure Robert Gibson a few weeks ago in their match against the Rock n Roll Express.  This angered the UWF Tag Champs, Steve “Dr. Death” Williams and Terry Gordy who came out to protect the Express.  The champs demanded a match against Vader and Barbarian for Mississippi Mayhem

Last week, we saw Lex Luger come out and insult the severely injured Magnum T.A. and Butch Reed, the UWF Champion, came to Luger’s aid.  Soon, Luger and Reed were battling on the floor.  At the time, nobody knew that Luger had signed on to be a member of Woman’s stable, but they soon found out as Vader and Barbarian joined in on the attack of Reed.  The calvary rushed out in the form of Dr. Death and Gordy to help Hacksaw against the 3 huge attackers.  What ensues is one of the greatest brawls of all time.

This week, we get the same 6 beasts in the Main Event of UWF Wrestling from the Farm Center!  All men get some time to shine but there was just no way to contain the anger in the ring.  The action spilled out all over the arena and even though the ref called for the bell, the brawl continued.  The show ended and the screen faded to black as the fight just seemed to be turning red hot!

Angle #4:  Dick Murdoch-Ted Dibiase

Last week saw a wild promo from Murdoch where he proceeded to strip out of a tuxedo all while screaming to Dibiase that the cloths don’t make the man and that he is going to beat him all over the UWF.

During this week’s episode of Power Pro Wrestling, Murdoch was supposed to wrestle against Verlon Biggs, but Jim Ross informed us that nobody has seen Dick and that apparently their would be no match. 

Suddenly, The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase struts out in his black tuxedo along with his manager, Seik Adnan Al Kassie.  Dibiase grabs the house microphone from the ring announcer.

Ted Dibiase:  I see that classless Dick Murdoch has once again failed to follow through on his obligation.  Mr. Biggs… you have come all the way over here to Pig Slop Arena and were expecting a match… A payday… Something someone of your status obviously needs very much.  Dick Murdoch… of yeah, the one who you cow tippers here in Alabama claim to be one of your own, cares so little about Mr. Biggs that he doesn’t even show up tonight…. Well Mr. Biggs, while I can not give you a North American Title shot tonight, I can give you a match.  I can give you ….a pay day…..  Now trust me, I will not be as easy to defeat as Dick Murdoch, but I will give you a valuable lesson tonight it you so choose.

All Verlon wants to do is wrestle and he eagerly accepts the match with Dibiase.  Dibiase takes off the jacket and hands it to Sheik as the ref calls for the bell.

From Pillar to Post is the beating Dibiase gives to Biggs.  Dibiase is out to prove a point here and Biggs is at his mercy.  Biggs is a bloody mess as Jim Ross is begging for someone to sop the bout….

The crowd erupts as Dick Murdoch rushes to the ring… Dibiase with a look of shock….. tries to head for the hills but Murdoch grabs him. 

A few huge blows by Murdoch knock Dibiase through the ropes where Sheik is there to catch his champion and the two rush to the locker room.

Before heading to the podium, Murdoch helps the battered Biggs to his feet. 

Dick Murdoch:  First I would like to apologize to all the great people here in Alabama that I was late tonight.  It seems someone, and I got a pretty good idea who that someone is, slashed my tires. 

Jim Ross:  That’s just not right.  How could someone do that?

Dick Murdoch:  I’ll tell ya who Jim.  Someone who is afraid does something like that.  Someone who knows they are in for a world of hurt does something like that.  Someone who is not raised right does this.  Well, the good news is…. After last week, I went and spoke to Bill Watts about a match with Ted Dibiase at Memphis Mayhem and he said it sounded like a great idea!  So no more running Dibiase.  No more hiding Dibiase.  It’s you and me in Mississippi on July 4th… Sounds like a great place for Captain Redneck to win that North American Title.

Angle #6:  Freebirds

After last weeks attack on Cocoa Samoa with coconuts the Freebirds had an easy win over Dale Svem and Cal Colbert in tag action.  While they were at the interview podium, Jim Ross showed them a video from Cocoa Samoa.  While his head was bandaged, he thoughts were very clear as he vowed revenge on the Freebirds and dared anyone of them to face him in the ring next week. 

When the video was over, the Freebirds couldn’t have been laughing any harder.  Michael Hayes wondered if his brain was really made of coconut mush as he seemed as clueless as a rotten banana.  They Freebirds then debated on which of them would take on Cocoa next week.  All were extremely confident and seemed like this was all for fun and games.  Eventually it was decided that it would be the Doctor of Desire, Tom Prichard in next week’s bout.

Angle #7: UWF News

-        Other wrestlers who got wins on TV this week were Mr. Olympia, newcomer Brett Sawyer and Scott McGhee. 

-         Again, no mention of Brad Armstrong who has not been seen since they no showed a TV event two weeks ago. 

Angle #8: Next Big Card

nKlTii3.png?1

UWF President came out to hype up the Mississippi Mayhem on July 4th at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.  This week Watts added the North American Title Match between Dick Murdoch vs Ted Dibiase to the already star-studded event where Dr. Death and Terry Gordy will defend the UWF Tag Titles against Van Vader and The Barbarian and Butch Reed will defend the UWF Title against Lex Luger!

Angle #9: An Interesting Commercial

jmytUJh.png?2

a0Q7h9a.png?1

Right after the segment where Watts hypes up Mississippi Mayhem, a commercial aired hyping the best wrestling promotion in the South, Mid-South Revolution.  The commercial announced that at the July 4 Spectacular in Mobile, Alabama, would be a one-night tournament to crown the first Revolution Champion.  Wrestlers would include “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff, Wahoo McDaniel, Hercules Hernandez, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Buzz Sawyer, and just added to the tournament is

The Tennessee Studd” Ron Fuller

pTNV9aH.png?1

and former UWF Television Champion Brad Armstrong!

ALzdJYl.png?2

Wow… What a Night!

Again, Jim Ross completely ignored the commercial when PowerPro Wrestling came back on the air and didn’t seem to care that we have finally found out about Brad Armstrong!

Muta puts on a more sporting display in the absence of his teammate & manager.

I'm liking the story of Doug not being ready for the big time so big brother & co have to keep him out of the action. Gonna be a big blow up eventually, only question is, does it come from Doug getting frustrated with Eddie's coddling or Eddie getting fed up with Doug costing them matches?

Woman wants gold & with the crew she's built she may just find herself draped in it come July 4th.

Dibiase has taken things a step too far & now has to deal with a pissed off Captain Redneck at Mississippi Mayham!

The Freebirds don't wanna underestimate Cocoa.

Not that JR cares but the Gauntlet for the Gold is shaping up great! Glad we finally find out what happened to Brad Armstrong. Now we just need to find Tony Atlas.