Pro Wrestling Only

UWF

kevinmcfl

Love the shine for Muta here!

That eight-man brawl sounds like tonnes of fun!

A lot of really impressive heavy-hitters in this feud Woman's stable has going, loads of great match-ups available!

I'm definitely excited to see Ted DiBiase take on Dick Murdoch!

Fun angle with the Freebirds!

There's a lot to look forward to in July!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it appears Muta is a lot more focused and sharp without Kendo and Tojo around. 

Doug Gilbert found out real quick what pro wrestling is all about. I cracked up at Eddie blaming Steiner and Benoit. Then he puts down Scott Rex for legally winning. Great stuff here. 

Woman's plan is coming along nicely. Will it all come together at Mayhem? 

I'm really into the Dibiase/Murdoch feud. So well done. Each week gets better. Can't wait for the blow off. 

Freebirds are having a great laugh at Cocoa's expense. They better be careful because as we've seen in this game, Cocoa can get crazy. 

Ross can continue to ignore it but the Revolution is coming. I was shocked to see Brad Armstrong's name involved. You're on to something special here. 

• 2 weeks later...

SFSAsm4.png?2

k5mo5Gv.png?2

gl882nA.png?1

UWF TV SHOWS: 

UWF WRESTLING:  IRISH McNEIL’S BOYS CLUB, SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA:  SATURDAY NIGHT AT 6:00 ON SUPERSTAION WTBS

POWER PRO WRESTLING:  COWTOWN COLISEUM:  FT. WORTH STOCKYARD:  CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIME AND CHANNEL

HOUSE SHOWS LOOP: 

AUSTIN, ALEXANDRIA, BILOXI, HUNTSVILLE, PENSACOLA.

Angle #1: 

RISING SUN

(Tojo Yamamota, Kendo Nagasaki & Muta)

With Tojo and Kendo Nagasaki returning from their one-week suspension, we get another Rising Sun tag match.  This time, the team from Japan destroys Allen Martin and Bill Tab with the end coming by a Savat Kick to the head by Kendo on Martin.  When Tab rushed in to save his partner, Kendo quickly went into his whirling derby and sprayed Tab in the face with the Asian Mist.

Jim Ross:  Oh no… here we go again.  Kendo is taking the bamboo stick and is looking to beat on his already defeated opponents.  Somebody has to stop this!

WHAM….

Jim Ross:  On my… what’s going on… Kendo is beating his own teammate, Muta with the bamboo stick.  Tojo is joining in by stomping all over Muta.  I guess all is not well in the Land of the Rising Sun.

With no friends in the UWF, nobody comes to the aid of Muta and the beating goes until we finally need a commercial break.  When we come from break, Tojo and Kendo are at the podium.

Tojo Yamamota:  Muta… You had one job.  Do as you were told.  I say attack.  You say no.  I say help Kendo do what Japanese Warriors are supposed to do.  You refuse.  We were one team.  Last week I told you not to go to match on TV.  You no listen.  We are finished with you.  You are a disgrace.  You have disgraced me.  You have disgraced our team.  You have disgraced the emperor.  Tonight, was beating number 1.  Next beating in a Kendo Stick Match as Mayhem.  If you dare!

Angle #2

Hyatt International & Hot Stuff Inc. 

Last week we saw a wild 8 Man-Tag match where Eddie & Doug Gilbert along with Chris Benoit and Rick Steiner squared off against Ricky Morton, Rufus Jones, Steve Cox and Scott Rex with the end coming when Scott Rex German Suplexed Doug Gilbert.

This didn’t sit well with Eddie who was upset that the opponents seemed to pick on his younger brother. Hot Stuff challenged Scott Rex to a Television Title Match for the next show. 

As for the title match this week, Eddie Gilbert underestimated the power of Scott Rex.  It seemed like the only time momentum was on his side was after some questionable tactic from either Hot Stuff himself or Missy Hyatt.  These advantages for the champ seemed to be short lived as Rex was not only powerful but very skilled.  At one point, Scott Rex connected with a huge clothesline and looked like he was going for the German Suplex.  Missy was signaling frantically to the back…

WHAM… Suplex by Rex on Gilbert…

WHAM… from behind, Chris Benoit and Doug Gilbert attack Scott Rex.  Oh no, it is getting worse, here comes Rick Steiner.  The ref calls for the bell giving the DQ win to Rex.

The crowd erupts before Steiner joins in on the attack, Rufus Jones, Steve Cox and Ricky Morton come to Rex’s aid.  The 8-man brawl is all over the ring and the arena floor and comes to a sudden end after Morton squarely connects with a drop kick off the top rope to the jaw of Eddie Gilbert who is down on the floor.  Seeing her champ in trouble for the second time tonight, Missy Hyatt basically drags Eddie to safety.

Before we go to break, Jim Ross reminds the fans that while Scott Rex did win, he does not get the Television title due to that victory coming by way of DQ.  The fans are upset but Ross quickly gets them cheering again as he reminds them that Morton will have his title shot at Gilbert at Mississippi Mayhem in less than 2 weeks!

Angle #3:  Woman Wants Gold

Woman has already succeeded in getting her entire stable UWF title shots at Mississippi Mayhem.  Van Vader and the Barbarian are set to take on UWF Tag Champs, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams and Terry Gordy while Lex Luger will get a UWF title shot against Hacksaw Butch Reed.

This week was a showcase for all 6 men as everyone was involved in a jobber match to hype up their dominance.  While the two sides never stayed clear of each other this week on both UWF shows, the war of words was heard all over the airwaves.  There is no doubt that each team is confident.  The concern is Woman.  She seems to have accomplished everything she said she was going to do.  She made Lanny Poffo a star… YES Lanny Poffo!  She made Leon White into a monster.  She got rid of Kevin Sullivan.  She signed Lex Luger.  Her team defeated the Rock n Roll Express.  She got all her men title shots within 2 weeks.  Now, can she bring home all the UWF Gold!  Some say impossible.  Some say that a Woman that looks like her us used to getting what she wants, and they wouldn’t bet against her.  One thing for sure is that the fireworks inside the Gulf Coast Coliseum on July 4th will be a great as the ones on the beach after the event!

Angle #4:  Dick Murdoch-Ted Dibiase

Last week we saw Ted Dibiase come to the ring all dressed up in his tuxedo after Dick Murdoch was a No-Show for his match with Verlon Biggs.  Dibiase agreed to give a match to Biggs so at least that he would get a pay day.  While he was explaining all this to Biggs, he continuously insulted Dick Murdoch as someone who could care less for the people who love him.  Dibiase proceeded to make an example out of Biggs as he beat him from pillar to post all while refusing to pin him.  Eventually Dick Murdoch appeared and went after Dibiase; getting in a few punches before Sheik Adnan Al Kassie pulled him man to safety.  Murdoch, after helping Biggs went to the podium and explained that he was late because someone had slashed his tires and he thought he knew exactly who it was… Ted Dibiase.

This week Dick Murdoch is not in the arena due to a scheduling conflict which gave Million Dollar Ted plenty of ammunition before his Non-Title match against The Red Shadow.  Dibiase was laughing about how tough Murdoch talks but every time that he is ready for a match, Murdoch is a No-Show.

Jim Ross warned the fans that if this is anything like last week, The Red Shadow is in for a tough night.

Ross and the fans were surprised as The Red Shadow was prepared for Dibiase’s Pear Harbor attack as the Shadow gave it right back to the North American Champion.  The match goes back and forth for about 4 minutes until the Red Shadow begins to shock everyone as he is in complete control of the bout.  Sheik Adnan seems to have had enough and gets up on the apron.

WHAM… Knee Lift by the Red Shadow and down goes Sheik.

Dibiase looks on at his manager laying on his back on the arena floor.

The crowd explodes…. When Dibiase turns back to the Red Shadow, who has now unmasked and it is Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch.

Dibiase acts like he is looking at a ghost!

Right Hand.. Left Hand… Right Hand… Murdoch has the champ reeling!

Murdoch grabs Dibiase and hoists him up!

WHAM… Brain Buster…  The ref covers Dibiase.  1…2…3!  Huge pop by the fans.

Murdoch heads over to the podium.

Murdoch:  Sometimes there is only so much a man can take!  Now I’m not talking about Dibiase refusing to meet me in the center of the ring.  I’m not talking about him slashing my tires.  I’m talking about him trying to end the career of a good guy like Verlon Biggs.  Biggs is just trying to make a few bucks.  Trying to feed his family.  Dibiase went too.  Now I know that he has taking the Million Dollars from Sheik and he has forgotten how the real people live but his actions are disgusting.  Now, everyone just saw what happens when he gets in the ring with me, and nothing will change in a few weeks in the Gulf Coast Coliseum… except that I will not only leave with the win but also his North American Title!

Angle #6:  Freebirds 

Last week, Cocoa Samoa vowed revenge on the Freebirds after they attacked him with coconuts the week before.  He dared any of the Birds to a match this week and Dr. Tom Prichard confidently accepted.

As the match begins, Prichard is almost laughing at Cocoa as Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts mock him from the outside.  Prichard soon has that smile wiped off his face as Cocoa is like a Wildman inside the ring.  Samoa connected with multi headbutts which sent Prichard flying through the middle ropes.  Each time Hayes and Roberts were there to give him a pep talk but nothing seemed to change.  There was just no stopping Cocoa on this night.  His anger led to so much adrenaline pumping through his veins that no matter what Prichard did, Cocoa shrugged it off like a mosquito attacking an elephant. 

Hayes and Roberts decided enough was enough and came in for the 3-1 attack.

BIG MISTAKE…. BIG MISTAKE!

It was almost like Cocoa knew this was coming and had a plan.  A BIG PLAN!

As soon as the Freebirds entered the ring, two HUGE, and WILD Polynesians hit the ring and attacked the Freebirds with Coconuts off their own!

For once, the Freebirds had been outsmarted and they were left bloodied and laying in the center of the ring surrounded by broken coconuts. 

Cocoa comes to the podium with his two monster friends….

Cocoa Samoa:  Michael Hayes!  The rest of the Freebirds!  Two weeks ago, you insulted me, my heritage and all the people of the Pacific Islands.  I knew when I challenged any one of you to a match that you could not fight that fight alone.  I knew that you would try something sneaky… I knew you would resort to the Freebird way.  Well, I was ready for you… Say hello to my little friends… Alofa and The Headhunter!  If you 3 dare to step in the ring with us at Mississippi Mayhem and we will show you what island life is all about!

Angle #Next Big Card

nKlTii3.png?1

UWF President came out to hype up the Mississippi Mayhem on July 4th at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.  This week Watts reveals most of the card

Kendo Stick on a Pole Match

Kendo Nagasaki with Tojo Yamamota vs Muta

6 Man Tag Team Street Fight

The Freebirds vs The Islanders (Cocoa Samao, Alofa & The Headhunter)

UWF TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Eddie Gilbert © with Missy Hyatt vs Ricky Morton

UWF NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

“The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch

UWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Steve “Dr. Death” Willams & Terry Gordy © vs The Barbarian & Vader with Woman

UWF TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Butch Reed © vs Lex Lugar with Woman

Others in action include

Scott Rex, Mr. Olympia, Chris Benoit, Brett Sawyer, Rick Steiner and Steve Cox

Angle #9: An Interesting Commercial

jmytUJh.png?2

a0Q7h9a.png?1

Right after the segment where Watts hypes up Mississippi Mayhem, a commercial aired hyping the best wrestling promotion in the South, Mid-South Revolution.  The commercial announced that at the July 4 Spectacular in Mobile, Alabama, there would be a one-night tournament to crown the first Revolution Champion.  Wrestlers would include “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff, Wahoo McDaniel, Hercules Hernandez, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and just added to the tournament is “The Tennessee Studd” Ron Fuller, “Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer, and former UWF Television Champion Brad Armstrong and ……we have saved the biggest name for last…. Come to Mobile on July 4th to find out who is making their big return to Mid-South Wrestling!

Again, Jim Ross completely ignored the commercial when they came back on the air and didn’t seem to care that we have finally found out about Brad Armstrong!

Papa-San has had enough to Muta's disobedience & boots Muta from Rising Sun. Now Nagasaki aims to finish him off in a kendo stick match at Mayhem.

i can't find anything on Scott Rex but Eddie makes him look great. Hot Stuff nedds to regroup to get ready for Morton at Mayhem.

Woman does indeed have everything going her way. But will that continue at Mayhem?

I don't think Dibiase will ever forget the night he was outsmarted by Captain Redneck!

Cocoa proves he's no mere savage as he comes prepared for the Freebirds. Bring on the six man madness at Mayhem.

Man the card for Biloxi is looking good.

Really hyped for Gauntlet for the Gold.

Muta takes a beating from Kendo and Tojo. I have a feeling Kendo and Tojo are going to pay severely.

Scott Rex gives Gilbert more than he bargained for. Can Morton carry this momentum into Mayhem? 

Woman is defiantly someone who gets what she wants and has a proven track record. But I wouldn't bet against the likes of Reed, Williams and Gordy.

Another outstanding segment as Murdoch pulls off the surprise masked man angle and pins Dibiase! This has been built up so well.

Freebirds underestimated Cocoa big time as Cocoa brings in some help from the Islands. Damn, they gave the Freebirds a beatdown! 

Mayhem is stacked! July 4th is going to be a huge day for the UWF.

it seems another promotion is going to have a huge July 4th. I know good ol JR is ignoring them, but the Revolution is coming! 

SFSAsm4.png?2

nKlTii3.png?1

July 4

Biloxi, Mississippi

The Gulf Coast Coliseum

(Posted a few days early as I will be away for part of the weekend)

“The Canadian Kid” Chris Benoit with Missy Hyatt vs Brett Sawyer

A pretty technical opener here but Benoit is just a bit more intense; a little bit nastier than Sawyer and he gets the win in the end with a top rope diving headbutt. 

Scott Rex vs Mr. Olympia

After starting off undefeated in the UWF, Mr. Olympia has hit a bit of a rough spot of late but before the match begins, he grabs the microphone from the ring announcer, and he vows to return to his perfect ways tonight and that he will beat up on this chump Scott Rex.  Rex, already in the ring,  just ignores the comments and waits for the bell.

Once the bout starts, it is quickly apparent that Mr. Olympia is no match for Rex’s power and technical ability.  No matter how questionable the tactics by Mr. Olympia are, Rex just turns the momentum back in his favor.  In the end, Scott Rex puts Mr. Olympia down for the count with a powerslam. 

All-American” Steve Cox vs Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt

One of the interesting parts of this match was the entrance.  Steiner and Hyatt seemed to mistime the entrance and came out to the ring as Scott Rex was still walking up the aisle.  Rex and Hyatt’s group have had numerous altercations of late and there is pretty big heat between Rex and Hot Stuff Inc.   

Hyatt makes some sort of hand gesture towards Rex which some in the stands said they thought it was an invitation to join Missy’s group of young wrestlers while others thought it was a warning to Rex to stay clear.  While this interaction was going on, it was obvious that Rex and Steiner wanted nothing to do with each other.  In fact, they refused to even make eye contact. 

As for the bout, Cox and Steiner were very evenly matched in both power and skill.  The dirt sheet pamphlet handed to each fan did not lie about these two being Big Time College Wrestlers.  Cox at Tulsa and Steiner and Michigan.

While the two wrestlers were even only one of them had Missy in their corner. 

Hyatt was a constant distraction during the bout and at one point she went to trip Cox.  Cox, turned towards Hyatt and this was all that Steiner needed.

WHAM… German Suplex by Steiner and Missy Hyatt’s group has started 2-0 on the night.

Kendo Stick on a Pole Match

NO DQ

Kendo Nagasaki with Tojo Yamamota vs Muta

Muta’s newfound popularity is due to Tojo and Kendo turning on him a few weeks ago and tonight the crowd  hopes that the aerial artist can somehow manage to get some revenge on his former manager and partner.

Unfortunately, after a back and forth beginning to the bout, Tojo took full advantage of the NO DQ rules and simply walked into the ring and grabbed the Kendo stick off the pole and went to work on Muta.

Every time Muta seemed like he could take no more from Tojo and Kendo, he kicked out before the count of three.  The crowd was getting more and more behind Muta.

WHAM… kendo stick to the back.

WHAM… kendo stick to the head.

WHAM… Kendo stick to the back.

Nagasaki covers Muta!

1…2…. KICK OUT

This goes on and on with the same result.

WHAM… Kendo stick to the back

WHAM…. Somehow Muta managed a drop kick to the kendo stick and it snapped back in the face off Tojo.  The crowd explodes.

Nagasaki comes in for a Superkick…. Muta, with cat-like reflexes, catches Kendo’s leg.

WHAM… round house kick by Muta to the head of Kendo.

Muta scurries to the top….

WHAM…. Moonsault by Muta.

The cover…

1….2….3!

The crowd is loving it.  Muta grabs the kendo stick.  The crowd explodes as they are so ready to see Tojo get the beating his deserves.

Instead, Muta simply walks out of the arena with the kendo stick!  The crowd seems disappointed, but a few begin to applaud.  Soon, the whole arena is cheering for Muta.  It is like they know this is the passing of the torch.  Tojo and Kendo are done and Muta is the reason!

UWF TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Eddie Gilbert © with Missy Hyatt vs Ricky Morton

Make no mistake about it, when Gilbert wants to really wrestle, he can!  This match might have been the best on the card with a lot of chain wrestling, momentum changes, bumps and sells.  In the end, Missy Hyatt knocked Ricky Morton off the top rope as he was setting up for a top rope missile dropkick.  Gilbert took full advantage and hit the Hot Shot for the win.

6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts & Tom Prichard) vs Cocoa Samoa, Alofa and the Headhunter

Brawl, Brawl, and more brawling!  While some of the members of this match have some technical ability, they all seemed to want to get at each other’s throats the entire match.  To be honest, there was very little one on one action on this wild event.  More times than not, there were 4 or even 6 men in the ring battling it out.  Action spilled out onto the arena floor about dozen times.  In the end, the ref could do nothing about it and called for the bell, signaling for a double DQ!  The Freebirds and the Islanders seemed to care very little for the bell and brawled all the way back to the locker room!

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch

Dibiase and his tuxedo entrance just brought major heat from this Mississippi crowd while Murdoch’s simple trunks just seemed to fit with the Southern crowd and they gave him all the love they could muster. 

Murdoch came out like a man possessed and no matter how dirty the tactics from Dibiase and the Sheik were, Murdoch was ready for it.  That is not to say that Dibiase did not have his time wrestling from the top, but Murdoch always seemed to be one step ahead of the champ.

In the end, Murdoch has Dibiase hoisted up for the Brainbuster!

WHAM… Brainbuster on Dibiase.  The ref begins his count

From under the ring appears a masked man!

1…..2….

The masked man has climbed to the top of rope and leaps off

WHAM… elbow drop by the masked man on Murdoch and the masked man is all over Captain Murdoch!

The ref has called for the bell and has awarded the match to Murdoch by DQ- The fans erupt but will be angry a little later when they are told that because of the DQ, the will be NO TITLE CHANGE!

Murdoch, as he has done all night long, regains his senses and is fighting back.

Right hands, left hands, Murdoch has the masked assailant reeling.

The Sheik tries to pull the masked man to safety….

As he is dragging this man through the middle ropes, Murdoch makes a last-ditch effort to grab the mask and he is successful!

Fans, you will not believe this.  The masked man is none other than Dibiase’s old Rat Pack buddy… Matt Borne.

The Sheik, Dibiase and Borne rush back to the locker room as the crowd is throwing debris all over the dastardly trio.  Murdoch is left in the ring shaking his head as thinks about how close he came to the North American Title!

UWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Gordy & Dr. Death © vs The Barbarian & Vader with Woman

Brawl, Brawl, Brawl!  That is the best way to explain the first 15 minutes of this wild bout.  Each man gets some time to shine and show off their power moves.  There were a few near falls on both sides with some fantastic saves from the partners.  Eventually, the action goes a little bonzo-gonzo and all 4 men are fighting.  Gordy and Barbarian in the ring and Vader and Dr. Death on the outside.  With the action in the ring, the ref has no idea what is going on outside the ring.

Woman sees this as her chance and reaches under the ring where she grabs a bottle and a towel.  She pours the contents of the bottle onto the towel and nonchalantly walks over behind Dr. Death and wraps the towel around his face.  You see Dr. Death struggle for a moment and then his legs begin to wobble.  Dr. Death soon collapsed and is out cold.  The fans who saw what Woman did are screaming at the ref, but he has no clue and the bout continues in the ring.

Now left to deal with two monsters by himself, Gordy begins to struggle.  Soon it is just one big move after another by Woman’s duo.  Each time, Gordy somehow kicks out on two.  Diving headbutt by Barbarian.  Powerslam by Vader.  Running clothesline by Barbarian.  Powerbomb after powerbomb by Vader.

Gordy is basically out on his feet.  The crowd is obviously concerned that Gordy is going to suffer long term injuries trying to fight these two by himself.

There is a moan as the Freebirds are seen heading to the ring…. Could things get worse for Gordy?  Michael Hayes has done everything in his power to put Gordy out of wrestling for the last year and now he is coming to the ring at Gordy’s weakest moment!

Michael Hayes has a towel of his own.  Remember folks, it was a similar towel that Hayes put cream on and nearly blinded Gordy with about 15 months ago.  The fans can’t hold back their emotions any longer and a screaming for the ref to do something.

Wham… another powerbomb by Vader…

Michael Hayes is on the apron with the towel…. And he THROWS THE TOWEL IN!

The ref is confused at first but than hears Michael Hayes screaming to stop the match or Gordy will be killed.  The Freebirds all are in the ring attacking Vader.

Here comes the Barbarian but it doesn’t matter, the Freebirds are ready! 

It took a minute or two for the crowd to understand what was happening but when they finally did, they erupted in cheers.  It did not matter that the titles had changed hands, Michael Hayes had come out to save Terry Gordy! 

In the end, the new champs leave with their titles but more importantly, Michael Hayes and the Freebirds and carrying Dr. Death and Gordy back to the locker room to get them help.  You can actually see the tears in the eyes of Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts as they fear for their longtime friend and because of all that has occurred over the last year and a half.

UWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hacksaw Butch Reed ©  vs Lex Luger with Woman

After the last match, it took everyone some time to recover and Reed and Lex could sense this and the title match started rather slowly with some headlocks and arm bars but once it got going, it was a sight to be seen.  Two big men at the top of their game who would not give an inch.

Woman tried to help her man out here but after the last match and her ether trick, Michael Hayes was not having it.  For the second straight match, Hayes rushed to the ring.  The first time the crowd was jeering but now they were cheering.  Hayes begins to chase Woman around the ring, and she is off and running.  She heads up the aisle where Vader and Barbarian are waiting.

Hayes this this and puts on the breaks.  Here comes Buddy Roberts and TERRY GORDY!!!

The Freebirds… yes the original 3 Freebirds are now attacking the new tag team champs in the aisle of the Gulf Coast Arena.

WHAM… Lowblow by Lex Luger on Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Yes… there is still a world title match going on in the ring but with all the craziness on the outside, nobody saw what Luger did in the ring, including the ref!

Luger drags Reed up by his hair and whips into the ropes where he nearly breaks the champ in half with a running clothesline.  Luger whips the champ into the turnbuckle!

WHAM… Football tackle by Lex on Hacksaw. 

Lex covers Reed.

1…2…3!

Luger has defeated Reed with his own move… and a lot of help from the low blow!

Woman has done exactly what she said she would do.  Her men now hold both the UWF Tag Titles and the UWF title!

WHAT A NIGHT OF WRESTLING HERE IN THE BILOXI.  ANYONE WITH ANY ENERGY LEFT SHOULD HEAD OUTSIDE FOR THE FIREWORKS SHOW!

I'm sure the Mississippi faithful loved seeing their big Independence day show start with a Canadian getting the win ;).

Rex corrects course with a win over Mr Olympia.

Interesting interaction between Rex & Hyatt with Steiner making his opinion VERY clear. Hyatt proves her worth as she helps her charge defeat a game Cox.

Muta overcomes a 2-1 disadvantage to claim victory in a star making performance.

Hyatt International goes a perfect 3-0 as Hot Stuff retains the TV title.

Freebirds/Islanders bring the promised Mayhem.

Matt Borne returns to screw Murdoch out of the North American title! Good call back to the Rat Pack.

After a year of trying to drive his brother out of wrestling, Hayes decides there's only so much he can take of Gordy being torn apart by a pair of monsters like Vader & the Barbarian. Eager to see how Bam Bam responds after everything that's happened.

Amidst all the chaos at ringside, Luger remains focused & dethrones Reed to capture his first World title. Woman has got all the gold as the heels are running rampant in the UWF!

What a huge show... The thing about it is that the match lineup is second to none... but also what happens. Everything has some kind of a meaning and moves the stories forward... I love the Rat Pack reunion here... Borne is a fun character when used right.  What a way to but Vader and Barb over... Gordy and Williams may be the toughest team of all time... but not in their eyes. Main event... Butch Reed and Lex Luger... new World Champion... I can't believe it. Luger is on top of a very tall mountain here in UWF with a lot of people trying to climb up to get him!

The following Associated Press story was picked up by newspapers all around the southern part of the United States. 

(Again, sorry for being a few days early, but with all the changes going on, I thought I would get this out there so Perfectly Straightedge can get started.  I planned to write a full show of the title tournament but went with this style to save time)

HbMrwqA.png?1

WRESTLING’S GREAT NIGHT MARRED BY RIOT IN BILOXI

July 4th, 1987 was set to be one of the greatest nights in Southern Wrestling history.  The Bill Watts led UWF was hosting its holiday spectacular in the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi.  This event was to hold 4 huge title events with Lex Luger and his provocative manager, simply known as Woman, challenging the UWF Champion “Hacksaw” Butch Reed in the main event.  While all of this was going on, an upstart rival promotion, Mid-South Wrestling Revolution, was hosting its inaugural event less than 100 miles away in The Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama.  The Revolution event was running a huge one-night single elimination tournament to crown their first ever Revolution Champion.  The event included such stars as “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff, “The Nature Boy” Buddy Landel, Wahoo McDaniel and the return of one of the most popular wrestlers in southern history, the Junkyard Dog!

In the end, both promotions put on spectacular shows.  In the UWF, Lex Luger was successful in his attempt to win the UWF title and in Revolution, Nikita Koloff held off all challengers to become the first Revolution Champion.  All of this might be second fiddle to what happened outside of the Gulf Coast Coliseum at about 5:00 Monday evening.

Nine Greyhound coach buses pulled up to the box office at the Coliseum and none other then suspended UWF manager, Ernie Ladd came off the first bus with a megaphone in hand.  Ladd starts yelling to the fans who were on line that there was no need to spend their hard-earned money on a second rate wrestling show.  Ladd went on to offer a bus ride and free admission to his Revolution event and a return bus ride back to their car.  Many of the fans were skeptical of taking the one-hour bus ride with Ladd but when he informed the crowd that not only would they see such stars Wahoo McDaniel and The Koloffs but they would also see the return of the most popular wrestler ever in this area,  Junkyard Dog.  As the fans started to stir, Ladd takes out a recorded and plays “Another One Bites The Dust.” JYD’s entrance song and within minutes the buses were filling up!

Fast forward about five minutes and you see Bill Watts and numerous security guards running toward the buses.  Watts is screaming to call the police and about Ladd trespassing.  Ladd steps off the bus and starts to grin at Watt’s.  Fans in attendance said the smile was like Ladd telling Watts, “I got you now.”  Watts lost his cool and walked right up to Ernie Ladd and shoved him in the chest.  Ladd retaliated with a shove of his own.  Next thing you know, security guards, who were obviously there to protect Ladd came off the first bus  while Watt’s security guards moved forward.  Basically, there is a riot going on in the parking lot of the Gulf Coast Coliseum.

Before the police arrive, numerous people are injured but more importantly, Ladd is able to get back on the bus and gives the command to the drivers to pull out and head to Mobile.  Watts, who is furious, is screaming at the police to arrest Ladd for assault but the police decided that it would be better for the entire situation if Ladd and his buses just left Biloxi.  Wrestling fans have known for years that Watts and Ladd don’t like each other but tonight proved that this feud is far from over.  Ladd took well over 500 fans with him to Revolution, an act coasting Watts and the UWF thousand of dollars. 

One special guest to attend the event at the Mobile Civic Center was Ted Turner, the owner of WTBS, Superstation 17 in Atlanta.  Turner has long been a wrestling fan with his cable channel bringing Southern Style "Rasslin" to fans all over the country.  Turner has also been on the fence in the war between Ladd and Watts.  When Watts suspended the managerial license of Ladd in the UWF, Turner quickly came to the Big Cat’s defense and offered him a job as a commentator on the UWF television show airing on the Superstation.  Ladd, eventually thanked Turner for the opportunity but turned the offer down.  Now, with Turner in the front row of the first Revolution Wrestling event, fans are wondering if Turner’s money is behind this new promotion or if it is all Ernie Ladd’s doing.  Nonetheless, rumor has it that Turner has offered the 6:05 p.m. timeslot on Saturday night to Ladd’s new organization.  The UWF used to have a two-hour show running from 6:05-8:05 but that seems to now be cut in half.

There is no taking away from the great wrestling events of last night.  Both the UWF and Mid-South Revolution put on fantastic events.  The problem was that the riot in Biloxi put on a black eye on a sport that is already under the watchful eye of all state’s sports commissions.  Can Watts forget about the fact that Ladd is trying to take away his livelihood.  All we know for sure is that July 5th, 1987 has changes the landscape of professional wrestling across the entire Gulf State’s region.   

Mayhem is the perfect name and let's see why.

Benoit kicks things off with a win. 

Olympia's struggles continue while Scott Rex is getting over.

Always good to add some intrigue. Just what are Missy's intentions with Rex? Steiner then follows with a win.

Muta takes everything Kendo and Tojo throw at him, before coming back with a storybook babyface win. Muta's a made man in the UWF.

Eddie retains over a game Morton, with a bit of help from Missy. Hot Stuff Inc. goes 3-0 tonight. 

Freebirds and Islanders give the fans a true UWF brawl. 

Dibiase and Murdoch defiantly give the fans their money's worth. Again, this match was built up so well! WOW! Matt Borne returns and reunites with Dibiase! Another chapter begins. Murdoch will need some help. 

Things are about to go off the rails. Barbarian and Vader win the titles! However, the real story is the Freebirds reunion. After everything that's happened in the past 15 minutes, this was truly an epic moment. 

In the midst of all the craziness, Luger beats Reed for the title! I can't believe it, but Woman came through on all her promises. There's a new wave happening in the UWF. I also just realized that both Woman and Missy went undefeated tonight. Strong night for the ladies. 

Outstanding show! 

And then we get news of this! 

Ernie Ladd is hell bent on putting Watts out of business. He truly went above and beyond. The buses, the mega phone, security, a riot, and to me the best part was the JYD plug. This was insane and awesome at the same time. Also, Nikita Koloff is the Revolution Champion. So much happened! Oh, and Ted Turner was around as well. The landscape has defiantly changed! 

All I can say is, I can't wait to see how all this plays out. 

Amazing work Kev!