AEW Dynamite - December 1, 2021

MoS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's an annoying trope for sure, but honestly that's not what was the most annoying about this particular spot. I mean, it is kind of a killer looking spot and she sold the cover like she was winning for sure. But the whole crawling back to the ropes like she seen a ghost is what put it over the top into "yeah, a weeeeee bit too much, girl" territory for me. Also, the eyes got WAY too bulgy to the point of being uncomfortable for me to look at ! :wacko:

That being said, she should make this her finisher, as her combination of kicks is just not that good looking.

10 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

I remember in accounting you had to include "Goodwill" in a business' assets. I sometimes think goodwill is the only thing keeping Ruby Soho afloat. And JR. And Jericho, too; maybe Andrade. Luchasaurus.

Absolutely. Luchasaurus has been blessed by teaming with Jungle Boy, as well.

And truth be told, certain wrestlers having that much goodwill from the fans is actually pretty cool. While I don't really care about Jericho, people refusing to let their faves go and supporting them shows how much they care about the product - and AEW does try to make that count.

Luchasaurus was over as fuck way before Jungle Boy got over. During the first stages of AEW, when Jungle Boy was the guy in the background, Luchasaurus was getting huge reactions all the time before he got hurt. Because he's a dinosaur who does cool spots. Now, as a worker of course he's blessed to team with Jungle Boy, because he's good in a certain role and I don't want to watch a single Luchasaurus match for sure. Gotta say this though, having Christian Cage basically getting Marko Stunt spot is basically having a grown up steal a kid's dessert. That's not nice. But hopefully he turns heel and we get Jungle Boy vs Cage and Marko can come back. I miss Marko !

Jericho is over. Period. There is no goodwill involved, he's a star. I think he gets way too much shit for his work which is still quite good for a 51 years old guy. I do think, apart from the political opinion that taints perception, that his age is totally taken for granted at this point. He's 51, not 41.

There absolutely is some goodwill sometimes with some not-so-great women matches, but of course saying that will not sit well with some people. Wether people want to admit it or not, AEW is about having really good pro-wrestling matches, and although I really enjoy girls like Britt Baker, Tay Conti and Anna Jay and such, the fact is they still are pretty inexperienced in the grand scheme of things and it shows at times. Lately there as been a streak of really good TV matches though. But it's always a work in progress.