Pro Wrestling Only

NXT War Games: TakeOver Has Been Taken Over

C.S.

NXT_War_Games_2021.png

• WarGames Match: Raquel Gonzalez, Io Shirai, Cora Jade and Kay Lee Ray vs. Dakota Kai and Toxic Attraction (Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne)
  • Hair vs. Hair Match: Cameron Grimes vs. Duke Hudson
  • NXT Tag Team Championship Match: Imperium (Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel) (c) vs. Kyle O’Reilly and Von Wagner
  • NXT Cruiserweight Championship Match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Joe Gacy
  • WarGames Match: Team Black & Gold (Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargaano, Pete Dunne and LA Knight) vs. Team 2.0 (Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Grayson Waller and Tony D’Angelo)

Gimmick aside, Imperium is a really good team.  I thought the match was pretty good, the stuff at the end doesn't make much sense. It's one thing if you think Kyle's leaving and you want to send him out of the territory, but why have Wagner's heel turn backfire? Even if Kyle stays you just made one of your Young Lions who was getting a push look like a geek. 

19 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Gimmick aside, Imperium is a really good team.  I thought the match was pretty good, the stuff at the end doesn't make much sense. It's one thing if you think Kyle's leaving and you want to send him out of the territory, but why have Wagner's heel turn backfire? Even if Kyle stays you just made one of your Young Lions who was getting a push look like a geek. 

Wagner is possibly done I reckon. Went to smackdown for a week as Pearces bodyguard, not seen there again, looks nothing but a geek when turning against someone half his size who's probably leaving. 

FWIW it seems like people in NXT feel like Kyle and Gargano are done after this show, with Fightful getting the quote "even if one stays he'll probably be out for a while" which I would assume is referring to Candace about to be giving birth soon meaning Johnny will be taking a leave wherever he ends up. 

Also lol @ Bron having to be the latest NXT/WWE person to play the "ACTUALLY, the thing no one likes was my idea" by claiming that the Bron Breakker name was his idea.

I'd believe it if there hadn't already been like 3 other times of this exact thing happen.