Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

AEW Dynamite - January 12, 2022

Seems to be like he should be having matches with either Malakai Black or Andrade El Idolo instead of the guy who has always struck me as the most inexplicably pushed guy in the company, but so be it. 

The only bigger letdown than Lance Archer would be Brian Cage, so he's probably next.

Woof, what a major step back from Bryan Danielson.

I realize they can't all be the American Dragon, but I agree that Black would have been much better for the big man TV challenger role (and I don't even think all that much of Black).

18 minutes ago, Loss said:

Seems to be like he should be having matches with either Malakai Black or Andrade El Idolo instead of the guy who has always struck me as the most inexplicably pushed guy in the company, but so be it. 

I would prefer Black too, which is why hopefully his shit with the jobbers ends soon and he can get to challenge for the title soon. These one-off guys can be spread out between his major PPV feuds

Not feeling the hate for Lance Archer. He's always been very good and was unlucky to get injured right when he was picking some momentum, having beaten Mox in a main event on Dynamite. 

5 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

It'll be a fine program for Hangman to kill time and also Serena Deeb is amazing.

I thought she was going to lay out Aubrey when she came out to break things up, and I realized that would have made Deeb the #1 heel by a large margin had that happpen. 

My friend who is a massive Lucha Underground fan has been calling for a singles PENTA run in AEW for years. But Fenix's Wolverine healing powers means he's going to be back in a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I thought she was going to lay out Aubrey when she came out to break things up, and I realized that would have made Deeb the #1 heel by a large margin had that happpen. 

Should've done it, get that heat.

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I hope they pick their spot wisely on that idea, because it feels like the type of thing that will be huge, but that they can really only do once.

On second thought, keep Black's midcard magic tricks far away from the World Champion.

Fuck yeah Brody King! I'm a big fan.

Okay once Black and King are done finally ending BPJ's wrestling career, maybe then both can start targeting Hangman. 

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Get Black away from those jobbers now that King is here. He's spent wayyyyyyy too much time doing stuff that did nothing to his standing.

Exactly he should be the next challenger in line after Archer just tone down the spooky shit. 

Hopefully Black and Brodie can squash the Blondes and Julia will turn, then we can make The House of Black something worth watching.

Matt Hardy can barely move. 

Did we really need that whole match before Darby and Sting destroyed those morons?

1 minute ago, Blehschmidt said:

Hopefully Black and Brodie can squash the Blondes and Julia will turn, then we can make The House of Black something worth watching.

Shell be Alexa lite hahaha. 

1 minute ago, Blehschmidt said:

Did we really need that whole match before Darby and Sting destroyed those morons?

This is a weird episode where every match feels like a setup or an angle. It's like you see these matches booked, go why on Earth, and after the match is over you realize "Ah, that's why"

Episodes like tonight make me realize that I probably never really got into AEW as a whole as much as I did CM Punk and Bryan Danielson showing up. This is the first episode of Dynamite since All Out that has felt to me like an episode before crowds returned.

1 minute ago, Loss said:

Episodes like tonight make me realize that I probably never really got into AEW as a whole as much as I did CM Punk and Bryan Danielson showing up. This is the first episode of Dynamite since All Out that has felt to me like an episode before crowds returned.

Hey here's Danny Garcia to placate you

18 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Haha that flipped quickly.

Black would be fine as a credible main eventer if the Bray Wyatt-lite lights off shit and assorted " magic" was eliminated. It's beyond hokey.