Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 9/11 - Post Revolution

KawadaSmile

22 hours ago, El-P said:

Yeah, it sucks than Christian Cage basically stole Marko's spot. :P  

Well, yes, this does suck because it's a massive downgrade for one of the pillars of the Attitude Era but a perfect spot for Marko F'N Stunt.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:58 PM, sek69 said:

According to Fightful, don't expect the Briscoes in AEW anytime soon as there is someone important at WarnerMedia who's aware of Jay's homophobic tweets and isn't a fan. 

They just apologized:

Jay: I put out a stupid tweet nine years ago, the most dumbest, immature, obnoxious shit I’ve ever done. I don’t want anybody, from any walk of life, to feel like they can’t care for the Briscoes because I promise we love everybody. We love everybody and we just want to go out there and be pro wrestlers and give the best match that we can. I said some dumb shit a long time ago, I apologized for it and I’ll apologize for it again. It was stupid. I feel like now there are people who look at us like, ‘we can’t cheer for them because they hate a certain group of people.’ We don’t hate nobody. We love everybody. We’re just some country boys. I thought I was taking a stand for the Lord back in the day

Mark: You realized, from that immaturity, that’s not what you were doing because anything, God and the Lord, he has love above anything. That card trumps anything else. What you thought you were doing, taking a stand for the Lord, was counterproductive to the kingdom of God, not only to being a human being and relating with other humans that we live with and love.

Jay: I feel like people label us a certain way. Trust me, we’re not like that.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2022/3/16/22981057/jay-briscoe-apologizes-homophobic-tweet-gay-marriage-changed-religious-beliefs-love-everybody

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

Disagree on The Acclaimed. They've been one of the real AEW success stories of the last year or so for me. I had absolutely no time for them when they first started. Looked like two fundamentally solid but boring workers in another tiresome rap gimmick. I think they've really hit their stride now and they come off like stars. I like the way they book them. Caster's all talk, Bowens is all action and it just works. 

Nese has added nothing to the roster. He'd definitely be one of the first I'd cut if they needed to trim it down. Jay Lethal too at this point. 

I can agree on Anthony Bowens' upside as a worker, compared to Caster. Bowens got a great look and he's looked real good in the ring recently in various matches. Caster's raps are hit or miss for me and I'm mostly annoyed by his schtick.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, Timbo Slice said:

People going crazy about them getting Hardy’s music for his debut when that music has been Common Use since the beginning (and has been actually used under SPORTSCENTER HIGHLIGHTS) is hilarious. 

Agreed. Funny it was actually being used on the Masked Singer in between performances at the same time that Dynamite was on.