Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 9/11 - Post Revolution

KawadaSmile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seriously do this every time AEW starts a new PPV cycle, the first week or so is setting up all  the new programs, people complain that the show sucks and is all WWE-fied, and within a couple weeks everyone's frothing at the mouth for the upcoming PPV. 

I mean, I'm not watching the show, so feel happy to disregard my opiniion, but the description of this show doesn't sound like that much different from the descriptions I've read other weeks that's been treated as this fantastic thing - the hot young babyface World Champion being like the 8th most important person on the show behind Jericho, Mox, Bryan, MJF, Punk, etc., the women being booked on autopilot with only one feud allowed on Dynamite, a shocking debut that'll be shunted off to Dark within a couple of weeks, and an indiefied match with too many spots. Seems like the only thing that was missing as opposed to the past few weeks is the MJF/Punk promo segments and either Danielson or Moxley in a match that actually matters.  

There were fun, good things - Dante/Page was fun despite it's odd placement, Mox/Bryan vs Work Horsemen was just violent and the post-match Regal promo was all sorts of fantastic, Wardlow looked good on the mic, and Scorpio winning the TNT Belt was good. 

The rest... meh. The main event was just plain bad, even if PVZ signing her contract on Tay's butt was great. PAC vs Yuta, Acclaimed vs JE and Leyla/Rosa, none of that did anything to me. Even Jeff's AEW debut was a bit weird. The Dark Order segment I guess was supposed to be awkward, but I just could not understand a single thing that was being said, not sure for what reason. Sound mixing, perhaps? 

Like, I didn't like the episode, but I cannot say it didn't move at a thousand miles per hour. Whatever segment that doesn't work didn't go overly long, and there was something to enjoy.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

We seriously do this every time AEW starts a new PPV cycle, the first week or so is setting up all  the new programs, people complain that the show sucks and is all WWE-fied, and within a couple weeks everyone's frothing at the mouth for the upcoming PPV. 

Yep.

Some of the complaints are the most tone-deaf stuff. Like, yeah, Jericho is attaching himself to young talents. To help them get over and give them a bigger profile. That's the beginning of a more serious push for 2.0 and most of all Daniel Garcia. That's a good thing. Just like he feuding with Eddie is a good thing, it only gives Eddie more credibility. Jericho has had his ups and down in AEW, but lately it's clearly been some of his best work (that Eddie match was maybe indeed his best AEW match ever, and the promos have been excellent). Glad to have him as a heel again too, that's his best part.

Also, it's really odd that after making endless fun of WWE for letting Adam Cole go and not seeing him as the star that he is, now we get "Adam Cole is a geek, no one wants to see him in main events". Like, really ? 

Wardlow is indeed the most WWE guy out of the AEW roster, which is probably why I don't give a fuck about his push. And unless he shows me really something as far as in-ring goes, that won't change for now. It's telling JR is frothing at the mouth everytime he's on the screen, that JR is stuck in the old days. Big means less than ever before. Big + really good, like Keith Lee, of course, that's great. But the most important part is good, not big. I'll add something, that is related to Adam Cole too among others, I actually think there's something to be said about a dated idea of masculinity through all of this and the talk of "big guys working like big guys" as opposed to "small guys doing flippy shit".

Regal's voice going woobly when he shoot thanked Schiavone was something else. Regal on my pro-wrestling show again is so awesome ! I missed the guy ! Just call someone "sunshine" again sometime, please !

I guess Rosa gets her day in her hometown, thanks to the cage. That's pretty ok, really, although I admit the trip hasn't been the smoothest, as none of the women's booking is, really. Enjoying Leila Hirsch as always.

Getting the old stock music back for Jeff's run in was quite smart, no one expected that (are people gonna bitch about that too or does the fact it was the old WWE theme makes it right ? :lol:). The whole thing was clusterfucky as hell but in a fun way. Nowhere the impact he could have had if brought up in a smoother way, at a more focused point, but the news was out there anyway so it reeked of "fuck it, let's just have Jeff do a run-in, everybody knows he's coming in anyway, that's gonna make people happy". Funny how when the Hardy incident occurred, the paranoid in me (the pro-wrestling fan ?) thought that if he wanted out of his WWE contract to jump to AEW, he would have done exactly this...

Yeah, that Sammy Guevarra TNT run(s) has been a bunch of great matches but not much in term of arc. Let's be real, Sammy's a natural heel too. I sure hope MJF screws up Wardlow next week, as I don't want Scorpio to lose the damn belt already. PVZ signing her contract on Tay's derriere was ace, no idea how that girl will do as far as in-ring work, but she's a fun heel already.

Oh, and FTR fired Tully because I'm not sure why. And Hangman is being awkward with the Dark Order. And Keith Lee is gonna face QT and Swerve Strickland debuting wait there's more look at Jade Cargill she's 29-0 no time next segment !

I would hope TK does delegate the whole ROH thing quickly. I don't want him to burn himself out in a hurry. 

18 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Jericho with 2.0/Garcia seems random because it was just a few weeks ago that 2.0 were doing beat downs of Jericho, and Bryan was scouting Garcia for his possible shooter stable. I'm sure there will be a promo to explain it but it feels out of nowhere.

I agree that felt a bit odd considering they were feuding a few weeks ago, but then again I'm sure the promo will explain it, plus 2.0 are douchebags just like Jericho, so they fit in term of character. And honestly, I'd rather have more Garcia vs Danielson matches than Danielson having Garcia as an understudy. 

11 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

I died at Jeff doing the Hardy dance as fast as he could before entering the ring :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that was utterly ridiculous. Your brother is getting beat down but let’s make sure that we air hump before we try to help out. :rolleyes:

Jeff: “I gotta get my stuff in, brother!”

Sting and Darby took their sweet time getting to the ring too. These dudes were admiring the architecture of the arena and THEN they decide to help out!

Wrestling can be an entertaining hot mess sometimes…..

38 minutes ago, El-P said:

I agree that felt a bit odd considering they were feuding a few weeks ago, but then again I'm sure the promo will explain it, plus 2.0 are douchebags just like Jericho, so they fit in term of character. And honestly, I'd rather have more Garcia vs Danielson matches than Danielson having Garcia as an understudy. 

I would say that 2.0 and Garcia seems more natural for a Jericho stable than LAX/Sammy did, but it still feels completely out of the blue 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Also, it's really odd that after making endless fun of WWE for letting Adam Cole go and not seeing him as the star that he is, now we get "Adam Cole is a geek, no one wants to see him in main events". Like, really ?  

Cole has never been very liked by most of us in here so that shouldn't be a shocker at all. Making fun of WWE because they spent 2-3 years pushing him as a star in the C brand, only to let him go and never using him/having a good plan to actually capitalize on those 2-3 years of build doesn't mean most here thought he should be pushed as a champ in AEW.

I've said countless times I don't "get" Cole at all, and will continue to be puzzled by him being so over. Seeing him still in the main title picture is not good for me, just like whatever the fuck WWE related stuff isn't good for you.