Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 30/April 1 2022

MoS

Catching up on Rampage, man I just..I don't like the style that the Bucks-Top Flight do when paired with each other. It feels so contrived and like some kind of gymanstic routine, and a lot of their stuff just doesn't look like they hurt at all. 

Kris Statlander please step on my neck Ma'am

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Lambert is a far far better promo than Sammy lol. Dude really needs to turn heel soon. I actually like Sammy quite a bit, but he doesn't have the same innate likeability (if that was not a word before, it is now) to him that Eddy Guerrero - someone JR often compares him to - had

lol Fuego is so good at being a lovable loser. The match itself wasn't great but Fuego was brilliant. I want each House of Black member to challenge Hangman for the world title, I really think that would be a hot hot program. 

It really is striking how much better Nick Jackson is in every aspect of pro wrestling, including but certainly not limited to promos, than Matt Jackson. It was @strobogo who said that Matt feels like a parody of a heel wrestler and I completely agree. He feels like an SNL skit come to life, and that is not a compliment. Nick, on the other hand, is actually great imho

lol I say this with so much genuinely unironic love, but Keith Lee is such an endearing dork. Him being a literal superhero helps of course, but his promos make me laugh, not in an insulting way, but perhaps not in the way he intended them to be haha

Both the main event and the post-match were absolutely fantastic. Just excellent pro wrestling. And despite the two big meaty men present there, I have to say that the one with most potential is Ricky Starks. He is incredible; hopefully, TK knows what he has in Starks and pushes him accordingly. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

It really is striking how much better Nick Jackson is in every aspect of pro wrestling, including but certainly not limited to promos, than Matt Jackson. It was @strobogo who said that Matt feels like a parody of a heel wrestler and I completely agree. He feels like an SNL skit come to life, and that is not a compliment. Nick, on the other hand, is actually great imho

I've always thought the same. Nick is far better than Matt in every aspect and it's a shame they're basically inseperable at this point, because they'll do Young Bucks stuff until their 70s or something, but I've always wanted to see a Nick's singles run.

Nick is indeed better than Matt. But both are awesome pro-wrestlers in their own way. And together they are the greatest tag-team ever (encompassing all styles) and really genius minds at work. Some aspects of their work will still look ahead of their time in 20 years probably (including the subtle or non-subtle, depending on the context, play on tropes and meta stuff). Having them in my weekly TV pro-wrestling diet has been the greatest thing, really. I could not be a happier pro-wrestling fan. That FTR match with a new dynamic will be quite the match. And yeah, that Top Flight match already, holy shit... And the reDragon matches coming up. Really now. Their tag team scene is ridiculous (just get the Acclaimed, Varsity Blondes and Gunn Club out of the way now, please, no offense).

On 4/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, sek69 said:

Hobbs' pre match promo makes me wonder why no one in wrestling has ever done the Jules Winfield gimmick of dropping Bible verses before destroying a motherfucker.

Well, D-Von kinda did. But yeah, Hobbs would be pretty cool doing it.