Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 30/April 1 2022

MoS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

How many times have FTR defended those AAA belts?

Kenny Omega held the AAA mega championship for over two years and only defended it five times, and two of those defenses were in AEW. Granted, that was partially due to COVID, but hair/mask matches are a much bigger deal than titles in lucha. Even when Omega was mega champion with the idea of bringing in the best wrestler in the world to have classic title matches, he was never in the main event.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

Toni noticeably fighting back tears at the reaction she got was so heartwarming after how her WWE run ended. 

She was crying at the end of her WWE run as well, so there's symmetry there.

Thought that show was really great, top to bottom. But, Kyle O’Reilly is one of the least plausible wrestlers I’ve ever seen in my life. He looks like a competition winner practicing his karate kicks in a mirror and he gives Matt Jackson a run for his money in the deathly unfunny, overacting stakes. The sooner we can get to Hangman/Punk and Jurassic Express/FTR, the better.

The outfits on the JAS were fucking spectacular. All props to Daniel Garcia for finding the one hat that could make him look like the biggest asshole around. Eddie and co are a couple of guys short for, what I assume, is building to Blood and Guts 2 or Stadium Stampede 3. Wonder who they’ll draft in

51 minutes ago, Stiva said:

The outfits on the JAS were fucking spectacular. All props to Daniel Garcia for finding the one hat that could make him look like the biggest asshole around. Eddie and co are a couple of guys short for, what I assume, is building to Blood and Guts 2 or Stadium Stampede 3. Wonder who they’ll draft in

Homicide and Hernandez maybe if it’s someone from outside? If it’s someone on the roster possibly Sammy and I can’t really think of anyone else that makes sense. 

Claudio should 100% be in the Blackpool Combay Club. In fact, he should debut right against Hangman and semi-squash him for the title. Man, having Claudio being the dominant, stoic world champ of the stable, with Regal, Mox and Bryan doing the promos, while also having Bryan and Mox dominate the tag division and young guys like Yuta or Dante to play the students role, man that sounds waaaay too good to me. Bring Mercedes, Cargill and/or Serena too and it's as perfect as you could ask for.

Toni Storm ! YES ! Now we're talking. Really good debut (Bunny <3).

Also, throwing Marina Shafir in the mix is quite interesting. I've seen her Bloodsport stuff, it was pretty cool. She's unique and will bring another flavor to the division.

Lethal vs Mox was excellent, but Yuta vs Danielson was awesome. And yeah, crazy how Yuta is getting over in the span of two matches.

Andrade vs Darby was also an excellent main event, these two are made to work with each other, they compliment each others game really well. 

Young Bucks vs Top Flight.... holy shit.

CM Punk vs Max Caster was pretty ok in a Ric Flair vs Hugh Morrus opening Nitro match. The Gunn Club are absolutely the American Males of 2022.

5 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Claudio should 100% be in the Blackpool Combay Club. In fact, he should debut right against Hangman and semi-squash him for the title.

What? A career midcarder in WWE should immediately win AEW's World Title in a semi-squash?

No. Just no.

Yes, Claudio is way better than how WWE perceived and used him, but rushing him to the top the way you're suggesting reeks of "LOLTNA."

Thankfully, AEW has been much smarter than that.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm thinking Claudio will join BCC and they'll eventually turn on Mox and kick him out, setting up feuds with both CC and Danielson. You can already see the foundation being laid, given that Regal doesn't accompany Mox to the ring.

That would be awesome, but Mox's character (and ring entrance through the crowd) don't really work with having someone accompanying him to the ring. 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm thinking Claudio will join BCC and they'll eventually turn on Mox and kick him out, setting up feuds with both CC and Danielson. You can already see the foundation being laid, given that Regal doesn't accompany Mox to the ring.

I wouldn't necessarily make much out of that. I think the mutual respect between Mox and Regal is enough in itself to justify his Mox's presence in the Blackpool Combat Club. But I'd be damned if I didn't think that Claudio wouldn't be a peak addition to that stable, just beating the living crap out of people every week.

Well, remember the promo Regal cut where he's praising Bryan forever and is like " And Moxley is good too." ?  I picked up on something then. 
So I subscribed to YouTube TV to be able to watch AEW , Turner Classic Movies, and local news and sports. I caved in. But I'm loving being able to DVR AEW and ff through the adds.

Before jumping on CSRO, or whatever he's gonna be called, I would rather sign Tim Thatcher and Biff Busick after watching both of them in Bloodsport. Considering Cesaro did not want to leave and has trademarked CSRO, there's a "risk" that he's more interested in living off his WWE name rather than going back to his roots, and since he would not come cheap, I would prefer get some guys who may be hungrier and don't have the "in WWE for 15 years and never was more than a midcarder" stigma at this point. Let him show some stuff elsewhere beforehand. (of course, I say that but if he showed up on AEW TV I would obviously be pretty happy about it, especially if he kills it)

4 hours ago, El-P said:

Before jumping on CSRO, or whatever he's gonna be called, I would rather sign Tim Thatcher and Biff Busick after watching both of them in Bloodsport. Considering Cesaro did not want to leave and has trademarked CSRO, there's a "risk" that he's more interested in living off his WWE name rather than going back to his roots, and since he would not come cheap, I would prefer get some guys who may be hungrier and don't have the "in WWE for 15 years and never was more than a midcarder" stigma at this point. Let him show some stuff elsewhere beforehand. (of course, I say that but if he showed up on AEW TV I would obviously be pretty happy about it, especially if he kills it)

If WWE releases Gulak at any point, I would love to see Thatcher, Busick, and Gulak associated with the BCC