Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV March 30/April 1 2022

MoS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad. He has actually been underused comparatively to what they could have done with him in term of cool multi-men matches.

I mean, this week has Max Caster in a single match (waste of CM Punk's time) and the Gunn Club ? I'd rather watch Marko Stunt doing cool shit than anyone of these three, especially Caster.

But hey, of course they won't re-up every contract at this point, and you can't always get what you want. Maybe Stunt can show on on IMPACT.

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah my first thought was the amount of bad faith takes who think AEW not renewing guys is the exact same thing as firing people  will be absolutely exhausting.

I’m looking at one complain that the Khans have more than the WWE makes.  I’m like “unless you are in an extremely dire situation, why would you infuse your company with your own private equity?”

I guess Danielson is gonna give Yuta one last beating so he can "learn" how to win the Pure Title at Supercard of Honor? Interested in how they tell this story because it needs to be well told if Yuta does get that belt.

Also, seems Punk will just rack up random wins before challenging Hangman no real feud coming up for him before the title shot.

Lethal vs Mox doesn't interest me and neither does the Adam Cole celebration.

Darby vs Andrade has my attention though.

AEW haters can't have it both ways.

On one hand, they like to say that AEW has a bloated roster and take all the "WWE rejects."

Then they'll come back and complain that they didn't re-sign Marko Stunt or Joey Janela?

To me, AEW has fat to trim. Big Show, for example, is a guy who, at the time, seemed like a questionable-but-understandable signing, but as Tony Khan admitted in a recent interview, the influx of talent from WWE releases has changed what AEW is/could be. Tony said something along the lines of "I thought we'd be competing against Adam Cole for years" rather than having him on their roster. I think the same is probably true of Andrade and Keith Lee and Malachi Black and Kyle O'Reilly. These guys were all seemingly "the future of the WWE." Even Swerve Scott might fall under that category.

Then you've got Bryan and Jeff Hardy (and Regal too). Daniel Bryan main evented last year's WrestleMania! I don't think Tony thought he would be "in play" for AEW a year ago. Things change. If you're trying to build the best wrestling company you can, at a certain point Marko Stunt becomes expendable so you can hire a legit star like Jeff Hardy or even a producer/coach guru like Regal, widely acknowledged as one of the best wrestling minds around.

If I'm really putting on my Nick Khan hat, I could probably name 5-10 guys or gals who are signed to AEW that should be cut. At least Tony is just not re-signing them (rather than releasing them early) and, from what I can gather, still allowing them to work for other companies (mostly), promote themselves independently and not taking a cut from their Pro Wrestling Tees stores, etc. Its not perfect and we're still talking about the shady pro-wrestling business which will always benefit the promoter over the wrestler, but, yeah, I'm not quite ready to jump on the "Tony Is As Bad As Vince" bandwagon yet. I'm sure we'll get there sooner or later, but not re-signing a lower midcard act is not going to be my final straw.

8 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

How many times have FTR defended those AAA belts?

To be fair, you could ask that about pretty much any champion in AAA. The only one that seems to happen on any sort of regular basis is the trios titles.

2 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

It was a legit question, they haven't defended it once?

Honestly, that was a legit answer, wasn't trying to be a smartass or anything  :lol:

AAA  doesn't put that much emphasis on titles, but FTR is set to defend them at the next big AAA show. 

In two singles matches and 1 tag match, Dragon took Yuta from complete afterthought in AEW to a prospect fans are reacting huge for.  I also fucking love the hierarchy that's being established in his matches. At this point just showing some defiance  towards Dragon gets a reaction.