Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/06 - 06/12 Percody Rhodes went insane

KawadaSmile

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I forget, have we seen full heel Balor in WWE before? I hope he goes full Bullet Club Prince Devitt and rides to the ring on Priest's shoulders. 

Yes. Do that. Priest ain't as big as others, but the visual still rocks.

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Totally shocking turn.

Bbut I'm with Dav'oh. How is Edge suddenly going to be a face? Well, it's WWE and the fans will cheer him, so of course he will. But still.

I think he just became yesterday's news. Would need a transition program after this before he can possibly turn.

I was catching up on Raw from the live recap on the Observer site and I'm all confused by this Balor/Edge/Judgment Day stuff. Is Edge turning face now to feud with Balor going into MITB and SummerSlam? Was this a last minute thing they had to do because of the Cody Rhodes injury? Sounds at the very least like a refresh for Balor and I was thinking during the six-person tag last night about how good Balor vs. Edge might be.

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess they just recognized that Judgement Day wasn't hitting with Edge in the forefront, because Finn is a way better choice as a #1 babyface. I guess Edge will have to carry shit with his promos? Yuck.

Do you mean #1 heel, Bubba? The Judgment Day isn't a face stable.

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

Do you mean #1 heel, Bubba? The Judgment Day isn't a face stable.

No, what I mean is that if they needed a face to fill in for Cody, they had Finn Balor, who is better. I guess they need someone to cut long promos, and that is why they are moving Edge.

Heel Balor was a breath of fresh air in NXT, and having a bit more edge meant his offence had a bit more snap to it too. He's never been a main roster heel before, so this is a positive change for him. Kayfabe, the only reason they won the night before was Rhea stopping Balor hitting the Coup de Grace on Edge, so you can frame it that he's seen as a liability who needed removing.

11 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess they just recognized that Judgement Day wasn't hitting with Edge in the forefront, because Finn is a way better choice as a #1 babyface. I guess Edge will have to carry shit with his promos? Yuck.

I just can’t get over the goofy “mountain of omnipotence” phrase Edge said in his promos once and WWE (well, Corey Graves to be exact) just ran with it. No one would say that phrase in real life and I’ve never heard anyone I know use the word “omnipotence”.

8 hours ago, Brynn said:

I just can’t get over the goofy “mountain of omnipotence” phrase Edge said in his promos once and WWE (well, Corey Graves to be exact) just ran with it. No one would say that phrase in real life and I’ve never heard anyone I know use the word “omnipotence”.

The issue with those SPOOOOOOOKY factions (House of Black, Judgement Day, Wyatt Family) is that their promos are fucking senseless. Speaking like a bad 90s anime dub is not good! Waylon Mercy was scary talking about mundane stuff! Take notes!

NXT starting with the biggest match! Von Wagner vs Josh Briggs! YUCK.

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The issue with those SPOOOOOOOKY factions (House of Black, Judgement Day, Wyatt Family) is that their promos are fucking senseless. Speaking like a bad 90s anime dub is not good! Waylon Mercy was scary talking about mundane stuff! Take notes!

SRS reported Finn replaced Edge in Judgement Day because WWE wanted them to be more "supernatural" and Edge was resistant to that.

Just now, sek69 said:

That match is going to bang so hard. Also it was kind of heartbreaking to see how happy Apollo was to be back in NXT.

His story in NXT was over before it even began, man. So many things he left undone while NXT 1.0 was in its prime. Never even got a proper NXT Title shot. I actually enjoyed a bit of his IC run, but he was doing nothing for the longest time. 

It's a shame Apollo lost his character and accent though.

He was called up from NXT to the main roster years before he should've been, floundered for years after, finally found his footing with a good character and accent, and now he's back to square one.

But Apollo vs. Bron is gonna be a banger!

WWE's women's roster is going to be absurd in a few years. No way Stratton, Gigi/Jacy and Roxy stay in NXT 2.0 for long.  Like, Tiffany *gets* little details that veterans don't. Roxanne is called THE PRODIGY for good reason. To put them gals against top tier wrestlers like Becky and Bianca... future is bright.