Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/06 - 06/12 Percody Rhodes went insane

KawadaSmile

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Oh man, there's going to be so much body paint...

This is how they ruined the original Wyatt family. Bray Wyatt was better as a psychological cult leader who brainwashed his followers in ways that real cult leaders do. Giving him supernatural powers like Papa Shango or whatever just made it all too silly to really enjoy. They are doing the same thing with Gacy with NXT. People complained about the Aleister Black and Ricochet tag team not making sense but I liked that version of Black better as a weird guy who was just into Satanism or whatever than all the silly stuff House Of Black is doing in AEW.

15 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

This is how they ruined the original Wyatt family. Bray Wyatt was better as a psychological cult leader who brainwashed his followers in ways that real cult leaders do. Giving him supernatural powers like Papa Shango or whatever just made it all too silly to really enjoy. They are doing the same thing with Gacy with NXT. People complained about the Aleister Black and Ricochet tag team not making sense but I liked that version of Black better as a weird guy who was just into Satanism or whatever than all the silly stuff House Of Black is doing in AEW.

If we’re being honest with ourselves, the Wyatts worked like twice - the Shield feud, and the Daniel Bryan storyline. Outside of Undertaker and early Kane, spooky just doesn’t work that well in wrestling. Malakai’s entrance rocked when it was just him, but all the tomfoolery with the lights and the terrible mist and the House of Black has absolutely killed him dead.

15 hours ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

Honestly, I could see a post-Vince decision by Nicky Khan or Peacock where the women get their whole entire show. 

I can’t see this happening because nobody would want to take a chance that the ratings wouldn’t keep pace, the whole “women’s revolution” rhetoric would be undermined if it drew Dynamite numbers or fewer.

I don't really see all this "House of Black is DED" talk actually matching reality. It might not be your bag, but they get good reactions and have banger matches pretty much every time they go out. People were absolutely in to the Wyatt stuff even when it got spooky, it's the fact that Bray sucked ass in the ring and actively hurt the momentum of everyone he was paired with (except for Bryan and that was due to sheer force of will) that soured most folks on him.  

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't really see all this "House of Black is DED" talk actually matching reality. It might not be your bag, but they get good reactions and have banger matches pretty much every time they go out. People were absolutely in to the Wyatt stuff even when it got spooky, it's the fact that Bray sucked ass in the ring and actively hurt the momentum of everyone he was paired with (except for Bryan and that was due to sheer force of will) that soured most folks on him.  

I always enjoyed Bray in the ring, tbh.

Re: House of Black, whether they have good matches or not (I disagree), I can’t imagine them even going for the tag team titles, let alone any individual member going for a singles championship.

11 hours ago, TheDuke said:

People complained about the Aleister Black and Ricochet tag team not making sense but I liked that version of Black better as a weird guy who was just into Satanism or whatever than all the silly stuff House Of Black is doing in AEW.

That team was still the most I enjoyed either guy. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, sek69 said:

SRS reported Finn replaced Edge in Judgement Day because WWE wanted them to be more "supernatural" and Edge was resistant to that.

If that pans out--hmm. Demon Balor is clearly supernatural, and the name Damian Priest speaks for itself. But that doesn't fit Rhea Ripley at all, IMO. Her being a goth rock girl into tatts and piercings while kicking ass works. She doesn't need anything extra.

The Aleister Black/Ricochet team clicked because they were so different. Their differences were so stark that them being a team rounded back to making sense. We've seen total opposites become buddies and that's how I took their pairing.

Good Heavens, Bray Wyatt. I think WWE made some mistakes with him. Then again, only Daniel Bryan, John Cena and Roman Reigns seemed to know what to do with him as a singles guy. So how much tread was on the tires after the prattling promos? Didn't feel like a lot.

But The Fiend, for as creative as it was, wasn't meant to be a full-time main event star. Should have just used him as an attraction 3-4 a year. How they had Rollins cowering in corners and crying as Fiend tormented him was awful. That HIAC match ruined Rollins' last face run and it took him a while to round into the Joker-like guy we see today. Seriously--12 Stomps, multiple chair shots, toolboxes to the head--and he still doesn't go down? Worse, they end the match on a flimsy pretense only to have Fiend mandible claw Rollins into oblivion after the bell rings. Rotten stuff. I was glad when Goldberg beat him. Why would Goldberg care about Fiend's spooky mind games?

Good luck to the guy, but I can't say I missed Bray/Fiend.